Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,186 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me (1902 Views)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / My Faith Turning To An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by KingIbot: 12:06am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello nairalanders let me just be brief.
I seem to imagine why after staying up all night to pray I don't get what I want and sometimes I fast and still negative result.
There was a time when I saw myself gaining admission after praying first list-last list no admission given and am expected to dance joyfully in church during praise and worship what am I celebrating?
I have a dad who is a British citizen comes to Nigeria every year but never gave a Bleep about me coming over that I now think of sorting myself out and the highest he gives me when he is down here is 20k am not ungrateful but am gonna eat sub is 1k monthly will have to call now.
and I pray hard every blessed day for my story to change and its not coming to manifestation.
Everytime something good is around the corner something will just happen again.
Am beginning to doubt His existence
there is this sadness in me when am in church I see it as wasting of time nowadays cos those who ain't religious like me are making it.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by chemystery: 1:13am On Oct 01, 2017
Really sorry about your ordeal.
I'm an atheists, but I will tell you, atheism is not the solution to whatever you are going through currently.

Just sit up, think of what you want and aiming at and go for it.

If you have been working hard before, work HARDER!
Even if it means channeling some/all prayer energy into the work

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 2:11am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:
I'm an atheists, but I will tell you, atheism is not the solution to whatever you are going through currently.

honestly, Jesus Christ is dead

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 2:14am On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
I seem to imagine why after staying up all night to pray I don't get what I want and sometimes I fast and still negative result.
There was a time when I saw myself gaining admission after praying first list-last list no admission given and am expected to dance joyfully in church during praise and worship what am I celebrating?
I have a dad who is a British citizen comes to Nigeria every year but never gave a Bleep about me coming over that I now think of sorting myself out and the highest he gives me when he is down here is 20k am not ungrateful but am gonna eat sub is 1k monthly will have to call now.
and I pray hard every blessed day for my story to change and its not coming to manifestation.
there is this sadness in me when am in church I see it as wasting of time nowadays cos those who ain't religious like me are making it.
honestly praying to Jesus Christ is wasting your time. Sit down and think and your labor will give you results. Jesus Christ is an imaginary friend. Do you really believe he is coming back again? There are so many different god's and Jehovah is the most popular one. I prefer budha and Odin than Mr Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Sheunma: 2:36am On Oct 01, 2017
Ericsunday619:
honestly i was just like you many years ago but hold on to your believes and don't become an atheist. I don't believe in Jesus Christ so much like before but i still believe he perform miracles.
shocked shocked
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 2:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Sheunma:
shocked shocked
welcome the new atheist member
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 2:47am On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
maybe you are busy praying to the wrong god. Jehovah normally waste time before he answers prayers but trying praying to Odin the god of war. Odin is faster in answering prayers and he don't send people to hell fire like your Jesus Christ. I changed my advice. Be an atheist and your world will change forever.

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 2:54am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

Even if it means channeling some/a
ll prayer energy into the work
Pray harder to a evil god that burns people in hell fire?
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by gabe: 3:41am On Oct 01, 2017
you are becoming an atheist because daddy won't give you candy? bad boy...
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 4:08am On Oct 01, 2017
Another duplicate moniker.

"I used to be Christian but I started thinking blah blah" ..

Nairaland atheists, una no dey tire? undecided
Recycling old formulas.

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by chemystery: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Recycling old formulas.
Someone is seeking for advice and this is the best you could come up with?
I'm not surprised. As Yahweh as followers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

Someone is seeking for advice and this is the best you could come up with?
I'm not surprised. As Yahweh as followers
Go sleep ....
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by butterflyl1on: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Recycling old formulas.

grin grin

Is that what they do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2017
butterflyl1on:

grin grin

Is that what they do?

Na so o. grin
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by butterflyl1on: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Na so o. grin

Abeg explain. I don't understand
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by obinna58(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Recycling old formulas.
Baba the wiseone
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
There was a time when I saw myself gaining admission after praying first lists last list no admission given and am expected to dance joyfully in church during praise and worship what am I celebrating?
Every time something good is around the corner something will just happen again.
good sir, happy Sunday and new month to you in Jesus name, let me start by saying sometimes when you think things are not working your way God is in the background planning great things for you, I totally understand how you feel the thing about God is the longer you stay with him the deeper he wants your fellowship remember the bible says he has made us over comers and conquerors to be part of this promise you need to believe and love, Philippians 4:4 rejoice in the lord always I will say again rejoice' this is Paul admonishing the Philippians when he was been jailed in Rome even though he was passing through such trials he never he kept on believing, bro Jesus loves you.
I need you to carry out this bible therapy I have found useful
1thessalonians 5 : 18 in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you.

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything thing through THANKSGIVING and supplication make your request be made known to God. and the peace of God which passeth all understanding will guard your hearths and mind in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4 : 6 - 7

also
1. do a daily bible study on all bible verses related to thanksgiving

2. read Philippians through daily for 30 days

3. make a list of ten thing you're greatfull for and thank God for life

go to a bible believe church be happy in his presence for in his presence there is fullness of joy.
God bless you
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by ultron12345: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
Those hours that you used for prayers and going to church, if you had used them to study, you could have gotten admission, that is the evil of religion, that is what it takes away from you.........I know some of your religious friends will start defending their God by saying that's it's a test, God works in mysterious ways, your village people, the devil is working against you.......they are all lies, the earlier you realize, the better.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Jman06(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Recycling old formulas.
Are you trying to deny the fact many people now turn to atheism on daily basis?

As for me, i would rather adher to traditional african religion.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 9:50am On Oct 01, 2017
Jman06:
Are you trying to deny the fact many people now turn to atheism on daily basis?

As for me, i would rather adher to traditional african religion.

No.
Even some of the few atheists here, now run away from the name. Some hide under Agnostic and Deist.
There is no logic in atheism.

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2017
ultron12345:
Those hours that you used for prayers and going to church, if you had used them to study, you could have gotten admission, that is the evil of religion, that is what it takes away from you.........I know some of your religious friends will start defending their God by saying that's it's a test, God works in mysterious ways, your village people, the devil is working against you.......they are all lies, the earlier you realize, the better.
lol you're in self denial bro the earlier you realize that God is the maker of the heavens and the earth the better for I can help you if you're confused and need Christ
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Jman06(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

No.
Even some of the few atheists here, now run away from the name. Some hide under Agnostic and Deist.
There is no logic in atheism.
My dear, the number of atheists in Nigeria is higher than you can ever imagine. Some even go to church just to socialize and achieve one selfish aim or the other, but deep in their hearts they don't believe in any god.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by ultron12345: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2017
samflexxy:
lol you're in self denial bro the earlier you realize that God is the maker of the heavens and the earth the better for I can help you if you're confused and need Christ
continue in your delusions .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Jman06:
My dear, the number of atheists in Nigeria is higher than you can ever imagine . Some even go to church just to socialize and achieve one selfish aim or the other, but deep in their hearts they don't believe in any god.

The bible says many people go to church for wrong motive.
Nothing new there.
But that does not make them atheist.

Atheism is foolishness.
@ bolded above, is just your own assumption.

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by adepeter2027(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2017
Lemme summon hopefullandlord, AgentOfAllah and Johnydon22 to come read butter+flylion's comment oo
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by hopefulLandlord: 10:10am On Oct 01, 2017
adepeter2027:
Lemme summon hopefullan.dlord, AgentOf.Allah and Johny.don22 to come read butter+flylion's comment oo

I comment my reserve grin
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by adepeter2027(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I comment my reserve grin

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Jman06(m): 10:29am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

The bible says many people go to church for wrong motive.
Nothing new there.
But that does not make them atheist.

Atheism is foolishness.
@ bolded above, is just your own assumption.
Why do you doubt the rise atheism in Nigeria today? I am curious to know your reason.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by hopefulLandlord: 10:34am On Oct 01, 2017
Jman06:
Why do you doubt the rise atheism in Nigeria today? I am curious to know your reason.

because he's waiting for all atheists to wear a Shirt with the words "I'm an atheist"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by hopefulLandlord: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

*APPLAUSE*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by adepeter2027(m): 10:46am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

A very succinct comment. Honest and precise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Jman06(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

because he's waiting for all atheists to wear a Shirt with the words "I'm an atheist"
I taya for d guy o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bible Problems ! ( Christians C'mon And Clarify Some Important Stuffs ) / Is John The Beloved( One Of The Apostles Of Jesus Christ) Still Alive / Advancement In Spiritual Worldviews: Western And Eastern Worldviews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.