Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? (18733 Views)

Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness / Bukola Saraki And Dino Melaye Pose Together On His 57th Birthday (Pictured) / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 57th Birthday By Cutting His Cake At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Ranchhoddas: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2017
Terrible.
I wonder how that guy addresses the UN General Assembly.
I'm sure the Oyinbo people do not get anything that he says since Nigerians struggle to hear him.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Hiccups: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by baybeeboi: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2017
DrBasit:
The speech is quite assuring and promising..... Notable laudable achievements were mentioned and it's only a matter of time before Nigerians see the change in every aspect of their lives...
God bless Nigeria, God bless Oyo State.

You appear very hopeful.

Are you the one piloting the economy?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by popsyleo1: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Referendum is better. Watch what is happening in Spain. Every where still remain peaceful but if it where to happen here, python and snake would dance.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by infantlion(m): 7:55am On Oct 01, 2017
The only meaningful thing I heard is "God bless Nigeria"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2017
I shed tears

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by RapportNaija(m): 7:56am On Oct 01, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

someone asked for referendum, and you replied him as if he asked you for war! I don't understand why Nigeria must be one anymore, please somebody should remind me...

Is threatening to burn down the country same as asking for referendum?

Creating Biafra secret service, flouting bail conditions and many more.

The scammer should come out from his hiding!

Catalonia about to have a referendum in Spain, did you hear of unlawful agitation?

All other referendum that has happened, which one occurred with one nonentity as a leader threatening the government? Spewing hate speeches at other tribes and his non supporters...

He should come out, he will not see his wife and kid till he grows old inside prison!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by zionmade(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2017
Nigeria will never see progress without restructuring or break up. its not possible, three entities with entirely opposing perspectives can never stir a ship successfully. Instead of the so called president giving people hope he is here blabbing ipob, biafra unity bla bla bla. people are suffering all because of his useless policies.

5 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by tayorh(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Wailers wont appreciate the good he is doing..
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Guyman02: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
It's rubbish when you speak about unity but all every step reeks of nepotism and tribalism. He is not inspiring Nigerians to greatness

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by nextexcel: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
Mr President don't know where we are, where we are going and where we will stop, he knows nothing they just compiled lies for him to read out.
To me Nigeria can not be redeemed,a complete waste of country where only the corrupt are happy and have succeeded to make the poor ones not to have a say nor a hope.
Tstv am counting on you guys to make my day.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by elmodee7(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
chrisbaxtian:

someone asked for referendum, and you replied him as if he asked you for war! I don't understand why Nigeria must be one anymore, please somebody should remind me...

OKORO mentality or stupidity. is referendum in the constitution. it was ur god king kanu who was drumming for war by making statement that can cause breach of peace.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by WisdomFlakes: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
One Nigeria is a scam.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Narldon: 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
QuietHammer:
6/10 He talks as if he is about belching. The content of his speech was okay though. God bless Nigeria.

and you think He wrote it himself?

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by nazzy1908: 7:59am On Oct 01, 2017
Empty thoughts
EliteBiz:
Fayose2019
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by babyphaze07(m): 7:59am On Oct 01, 2017
NothingDoMe:
I only want to add to the list of achievements:

58. Unconstitutional operation of the python dance
59. Selective corruption fighting.
60. Zero accountability as per the TSA.
61. Zero accountability for acclaimed recovered looted funds.
62. Media trials and media prosecutions
63. Media propaganda as regards the true state of the economy
64. Thinking Nigerians are stupid by presenting a meager 57 points as achievements with most of them repetitions.

God bless you.....

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by chrisbaxtian(m): 7:59am On Oct 01, 2017
RapportNaija:

Is threatening to burn down the country same as asking for referendum?

Creating Biafra secret service, flouting bail conditions and many more.

The scammer should come out from his hiding!

The insults and "threats" were just an act to get the needed attention! The request was a clear and simple one, give us a referendum. By the way, what do you have against a referendum?

9 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Rayjaymay(m): 7:59am On Oct 01, 2017
The same old story

In other news Sportipstars is here
Visit www.sportipstars.com.ng and start predicting. The top 3 winners earn 10k every month.
Terms and Conditions Apply
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Jsucre(m): 8:00am On Oct 01, 2017
FAIR BUT HE OPPOSE RESTRUCTURE OF NIGERIA.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by DIKEnaWAR: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2017
Nonsense and humbug!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by tonykel1(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2017
The speech was ineffective as per the prevailing tensed situation in the country. It was just a mere speech with little or no effect.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Bfitconsults: 8:03am On Oct 01, 2017
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xySfZoH3o2E[\url]
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by 12month: 8:04am On Oct 01, 2017
Shame on this govt, our federal roads are now even worse, Lagos Abeokuta expressway is a disgrace while your minister does nothing about it. Shame on you FG, shame on your cabinet!
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by elmodee7(m): 8:05am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=chrisbaxtian post=60994593]

The insults and "threats" were just an act to get the needed attention! The request was a clear and simple one, give us a referendum. By the way, what do you have against a referendum?[

/quote]

what attention. u OKOROs were scammed by ur god king cownu. I just wanted attention for himself. I pity those u died in vain.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2017
elmodee7:

OKORO mentality or stupidity. is referendum in the constitution.

The right to self determination is a fundamental human right! So claiming it's not in the Constitution doesn't hold water here.

elmodee7:

it was ur god king kanu who was drumming for war by making statement that can cause breach of peace.

Yet acts of violence were committed against him and his group repeatedly without reprisal from IPOB. Try and think first before commenting.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by LORDLARGE(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2017
NO SENSE, BEATING AROUND THE BUSH
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Amarabae(f): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Dry speech!
What a joke of a backward country that will never develop!
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by chrisbaxtian(m): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=elmodee7 post=60994706][/quote]

what do you have against a referendum?

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Samuel1984(m): 8:07am On Oct 01, 2017
Great achievements, My president may you please contest for 2019 election
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Threecrownz(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2017
NothingDoMe:
I only want to add to the list of achievements:

58. Unconstitutional operation of the python dance
59. Selective corruption fighting.
60. Zero accountability as per the TSA.
61. Zero accountability for acclaimed recovered looted funds.
62. Media trials and media prosecutions
63. Media propaganda as regards the true state of the economy
64. Thinking Nigerians are stupid by presenting a meager 57 points as achievements with most of them repetitions.

That guy is a paid agent!...the 57 so called achievements are lies...oniranu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Dickson Congratulates Diri, Ewhrudjakpo Over Supreme Court Verdict / Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity / Pictures: South East Youths Declare Total Support For President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.