Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,122 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? (18736 Views)

Lagos Considers Full Re-opening Of Economy, Embarks On Assessment Of Readiness / Bukola Saraki And Dino Melaye Pose Together On His 57th Birthday (Pictured) / Bukola Saraki Celebrates His 57th Birthday By Cutting His Cake At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by RapportNaija(m): 10:50am On Oct 01, 2017
Iamzik:

We are in tg same page Bros but you didn't answer any of my questions. So I will paste it here again. Please read and answer...

To that question, I would say maybe yes or no!

Why? Because the Nigerian Constitution has no place for referendum or even restructuring.

To actualize a referendum, it means the Constitution has to be amended, and for that to happen, a President who cares about it will allow.

So, it is way complicated, but that is why it is called agitation. Lawful agitation should go on, it doesn't matter if it takes 5 decades, but one day, something will happen, and a referendum will take place.

But is leaving Nigeria the best for Biafra or Niger Delta? If ND thinks they have oil, so they will be prosperous, they should look at Venezuela. With their oil, they can't even pay workers to work 5 days a week. Their country on edge of war now.

For Biafra, what happens next? We all know of all the tribalism between local Igbos!

See, we need a better Nigeria. And that's what we all should agitate for, and we will get it right. If Nnamdi Kanu thinks he can better the life of Igbos, he should pick up a party candidature. Maybe governorship or whatever, join the elites and make your dream happen.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Sirjamo: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2017
jomoh:
Even if Naira starts exchanging for N1 to $200 some people will still criticize buhari. I'm not surprised. The question is beyond the understanding of an average Nigerian graduate because they are poorly educated. Its like asking a fisherman to analyse the speech of a naval captain.

Great speech that addressed the current situation in the country.

If they criticize, ask them to tell you what they expect from him, why they expected such and why they feel what they expect from him is better than what he just said. Just watch them as they start stammering.
It's all down to hatred and poor intelligence quotient, many who are thought to be educated are actually illiterates, so am not surprised at their inconsequential ranting.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Iamzik: 11:09am On Oct 01, 2017
RapportNaija:

To that question, I would say maybe yes or no!

Why? Because the Nigerian Constitution has no place for referendum or even restructuring.

To actualize a referendum, it means the Constitution has to be amended, and for that to happen, a President who cares about it will allow.

So, it is way complicated, but that is why it is called agitation. Lawful agitation should go on, it doesn't matter if it takes 5 decades, but one day, something will happen, and a referendum will take place.

But is leaving Nigeria the best for Biafra or Niger Delta? If ND thinks they have oil, so they will be prosperous, they should look at Venezuela. With their oil, they can't even pay workers to work 5 days a week. Their country on edge of war now.

For Biafra, what happens next? We all know of all the tribalism between local Igbos!

See, we need a better Nigeria. And that's what we all should agitate for, and we will get it right. If Nnamdi Kanu thinks he can better the life of Igbos, he should pick up a party candidature. Maybe governorship or whatever, join the elites and make your dream happen.

I'm glad you said a president that care..... Says alot

Let's not worry about how the igbos or Niger delta are going to survive. Let that be their headache. All we are saying is give the people a day in a referendum.

As it stands today, most south easterners might even vote to remain in Nigeria and that way we would have settled the quest for agitation once and for all.

If majority of Nigerians /south easterners stand for one Nigeria then why are we afraid of a simple vote??
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Spexo001(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2017
still clueless as usual

1 Like

Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Leo3333: 11:40am On Oct 01, 2017
[s]
DrBasit:
The speech is quite assuring and promising..... Notable laudable achievements were mentioned and it's only a matter of time before Nigerians see the change in every aspect of their lives...
God bless Nigeria, God bless Oyo State.
[/s]

...so says an irredeemably hypnotized zombie.

Shior!
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by cjman1010: 11:51am On Oct 01, 2017
my own assessment is that it is a speech made by an old man.let him give way for a vibrant youth to rule this country blessed with milk and honey
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Hilles(m): 11:59am On Oct 01, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Once Again, Kudos to the President, May God Almighty continue to grant you wisdom.
[b][/b]

thank God you already know he lacks wisdom grin grin
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by enemyofprogress: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2017
He only delivered hate speech
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Christardor: 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
SteadyOdds:
Are you into Football Betting? Use this new website for your UNFAILING 3.00 daily tips.

See link on my signature!
did you win this last one on the blog?
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by alaskido(m): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
What do you expect. Talk is cheap. This speech is geared against 2019 re-election of Buhari into power. A lot of Nigerians who are gullible will buy into this.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by jomoh: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
odigbosky:

if only your sense was small as a monster seed, you for no dy think with your yansh.....Ozuor.

You see exactly what I'm talking about.

Ordinary "Mustard seed" you cannot spell and you expect to comment on the presidents speech.

First get a proper education before exchanging comments with me. Ndi ara.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Proudlyngwa(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hilles:
[b][/b]

thank God you already know he lacks wisdom grin grin

Wisdom is continuous,
Everyone needs it, whether you think, you have it or not.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
the speech may have been well written but it lack the main issues at hand. .the apponitments you have made that are only from the north, how far? the issue of kanu where about, no way. .it's only Nigerian unity and indivisibility I hear. .dats what the pple from the north have being saying since after the war. .yes buhari, you may have fought a war of 1967, but do you know how this war of 2017 would be? old men fought the war then but as it stand now, frustrated, aggrieved, unemployed, marginalised and pple in the diaspora will stage a war against nigeria from all regions in the country one day. .obasanjo said we are sitting on a time bomb, it will explode one day. .
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by one4GOD(f): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2017
sichri:
Nigeria, though a country of great potentials, is currently faced with myriads of challenges.

Having that in mind, what's your take on Mr President's 57th Independence Day speech?
how can I asses what I couldn't watch, when power has been off for two days now. me I just tireee
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Gentlejoel: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
It wouldn't have been bad if it had not sounded like the love letter read to us every 1st October by our leaders. The whole story sounded like 'past participle' to me. Is the government already satisfied with its 'achievements'?
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Emmaskill(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
Proudlyngwa:
Great speech coming from the President.

No country that does not go through challenges, but how we manage our challenges is what makes us great.

Once Again, Kudos to the President, May God Almighty continue to grant you wisdom.
may GOD grant u ad ur president wisdom.. u still need am, not only ur kunu sipper.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by edupedia: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Sirjamo:
It's all down to hatred and poor intelligence quotient, many who are thought to be educated are actually illiterates, so am not surprised at their inconsequential ranting.

....what do you expect from IPOB illiterates who live in a world of illusion and fiction....I hope they saw how those trying to breakup Spain were dealt with today...for me all Igbos should first move to their region before asking for referendum....#Nomovementnorefrendum
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by banguroughly(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2017
grin
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by sniperwolf(m): 6:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
The guy didn't say anything meaningful
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by Wheezdom(m): 7:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
jomoh:
Even if Naira starts exchanging for N1 to $200 some people will still criticize buhari. I'm not surprised. The question is beyond the understanding of an average Nigerian graduate because they are poorly educated. Its like asking a fisherman to analyse the speech of a naval captain.

Great speech that addressed the current situation in the country.

If they criticize, ask them to tell you what they expect from him, why they expected such and why they feel what they expect from him is better than what he just said. Just watch them as they start stammering.
shut up u useles supporter of failure n doom. Stupid boy. We need good roads, electricity, stable currency, n d rest jst ass d fool said. Fulish boy.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by jomoh: 8:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
Wheezdom:
shut up u useles supporter of failure n doom. Stupid boy. We need good roads, electricity, stable currency, n d rest jst ass d fool said. Fulish boy.

I'm not surprised. This is how you talk to your parents. Ozuor

Ur name is an irony.
Re: What's Your Assessment Of Mr President's 57th Independence Day Speech? by mecusbosco(m): 9:45am On Nov 12, 2017
I am very sure you can never make it to becoming a boy scout not to talk of becoming a soldier.
LaughButton01:
peaceful agitators my ass. stoning soldiers bottles and stones. God save them say I no be those soldiers. I for kill all of them tell oga say I misfire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FAAC: See How Much FG, States, LG Councils Shared In June / Gender Representation In Nigerian Elected Offices From 1999-2018 / 2023: Tinubu, Osinbajo’s Camps Intensify ‘Campaign’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.