Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Independence Anniversary: Senator Uchendu Sues For Reconciliation And Peace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Anniversary: Senator Uchendu Sues For Reconciliation And Peace (304 Views)

Nigeria May Not Celebrate 100th Independence Anniversary – Bisi Akande / Buhari’s Speech On Nigeria’s 58th Independence Anniversary / Rivers People Should Learn From Ekiti Election, Says Senator Uchendu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Independence Anniversary: Senator Uchendu Sues For Reconciliation And Peace by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Senator Andrew Uchendu representing Rivers East Senatorial District, has felicitated with Nigerians on the occasion of Nigeria's 57th Independence Anniversary. He also sued for reconciliation and peace amongst citizens and ethnic nationalities of Nigeria.

In his Independence Anniversary speech, Senator Uchendu congratulated Nigerians for doggedly remaining together in one, indivisible union, and for ensuring that the ship of state did not breakdown, irrespective of turbulent waves that had ceaselessly hit the country's fore, over the years.

"On this 57th Independence Anniversary of our dear Country, I congratulate Nigerians for tenaciously living together in unity, despite heated moments of strife and disagreements," he said.

Senator Uchendu also advised Nigerians to avoid acts that are capable of igniting war in the country, stating that it is better to dialogue through the instruments of law, than to resort to violent agitations.

"As a people, we must adopt legitimate and appropriate constitutional means in expressing our collective and individual freedom of expression and association. As one who witnessed the Nigerian Civil War, I cannot wish any Nigerian, born or yet unborn, to experience any aspect of the three years sad event.

"Like I have said in so many fora, we must concentrate a large chunk of our energy on reconciliation, peace and development, in order for our country to make speedy progress. We must also shun clannishnes, rancour and all other forms of socio-economic impediments. These we must all do to reposition our beloved country on the path of greatness," he stressed.

The Rivers East Senator also acknowledged the effective measures being put in place by the President Muhammadu Buhari led-Federal Government of Nigeria, in ensuring that the country moved out of recession, insecurity and other societal ills.

"Today, when I peer into the future, I see a prosperous Nigeria. I commend President Muhammadu Buhari for putting in place sound policies and decisions to ensure that Nigeria surmounts economic recession, insecurity, corruption and other challenges," Senator Uchendu said.

Solomon Okocha
Media Aide to Senator Andrew Uchendu
Rivers East Senatorial District

October 1, 2017
Re: Independence Anniversary: Senator Uchendu Sues For Reconciliation And Peace by oglalasioux(m): 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Good.

At least he's been settled and don't want the boat to be rocked until he has collected his share.

His opponent right now; 'we need restructuring or nothing'

This country is a joke.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Of My Dream / Youths Sue For Nigeria’s Unity, Kick Against Violence / Biafra: Why Nigerian Government Must Arrest Nnamdi Kanu’s Lawyer And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.