Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done (1106 Views)

Why I Think Nnamdi Kanub is Alive... / Buhari's Initial Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB To Protest Openly / Do You Think Nnamdi Kanu Will Appear In The Next Court Sitting ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Tripleoluwa(m): 8:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Exactly 57 years ago, Nigeria gained Independence from the British Colonia rule. But the independence was short because the nation was plunged into civil war.

Now, Nnamdi Kanu led IPOB group is/was trying to walk us down the same road again. Although there are legitimate concerns, but IPO group should have been politically calculative. What do I mean? Follow me...

Nnamdi Kanu had/has ignited a conflagration, which got the loyalty of common people in the South East. No matter the eye one wants to use to look at this issue, absence of governments(state and Fg) is the main incendiary causing all of these concerns. Now, Nnamdi Kanus IPOB, with his mammoth supporters had/has a very great chance of politically controlling things, particularly in the coming election in Anambra state. In my opinion, if IPOB group should support a candidate in the Anambra governorship elections, they will surely succeed.

That way, the governor would be loyal to IPOB group, and every aspirants contesting for any political office from the South East, even into the federal assembly, would want the endorsement of IPOB cos victory would be sure. From there, elected officials would be held to account for good governance, transparency and probity, all by IPOB group. The kind of political influence of IPO would be so great that it would be contagious, in that other regions of the country would want to tow this path, to hijack political process from the few cabal in the country into the hands of youths.

Nnamdi Kanu would have created a storm that would bring the political class on their kneels, crouching for support from him. The way I see it, it would be easy by then to address all perceived marginalization, because IPOB would have great influence. Even an unknown party can win an election, all Nnamdi Kanu needed to do was to make the pronouncement, finish...

Wetin I know sef

5 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by DaBullIT(m): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Couple of friends came over today

We discussed Independence and Nigeria as a whole , we were able to conclude that the problem Nigeria is facing is as a result of the 1966 Ibo coup, Nnamdi Azikwe was the president , Ibo man, but Ibo boys in the army just had to carry out a coup because Sultan or was it Emir was in power for a few days

You don't have to agree with me , but i know this is cause and effect

1 Like

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Tripleoluwa(m): 9:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
DaBullIT:

We discussed Independence and Nigeria as a whole , we were able to conclude that the problem Nigeria is facing is as a result of the 1966 Ibo coup, Nnamdi Azikwe was the president , Ibo man, but Ibo boys in the army just had to carry out a coup because Sultan or was it Emir was in power for a few days

I don't want to go down history. I'm more worried about what Nnamdi Kanu should have done with his mammoth supporters, to gain political influence to turn the country around, instead of polishing the brass on the Titanic by fighting a lost war of secession. No con3 wants to break, eg India vs Kashmir, Catalona 'vs Spain etc

4 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by DaBullIT(m): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
Tripleoluwa:

I don't want to go down history. I'm more worried about what Nnamdi Kanu should have done with his mammoth supporters, to gain political influence to turn the country around, instead of polishing the brass on the Titanic by fighting a lost war of secession. No con3 wants to break, eg India vs Kashmir, Catalona 'vs Spain etc

Kanu is a certified Mumu, he just used his mumu followers as stepping stone, He played on their stupidity and Illiteracy , he played on their emotions , if the Mofo really made it to UK, i'm pretty sure his currently banging one white olosho while sipping maitai courtesy his supporter's donations and fake Biafra Passport sales

2 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by mirabel001(f): 9:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
afonjastic talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Horlufemi(m): 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Kanu had so much potential, but he messed up. I feel right now Kanu has been either killed, silenced, or paid off.

I wish he could just see this post

1 Like

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by libertyhope2017: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Afonjas thinking about Igbos/Nnamdi Kanu 24/7. Igbos is their nightmare. Everything they do in this life revolve around Igbo...Igbos be very careful around these people because they derive energy from you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by attackgat: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
One problem Yorubas have is they feel that Igbos must reason like, and emulate them.

I dont think that Yorubas realise that Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba are very different people who are only united by the accident of colonialism.

Nnamdi Kanu commanded mammoth crowds but it would have been useless for him to use his followership to seek political power, infact, doing that would have meant the end of IPOB

Nigeria is not structured in a way that helps someone like Kanu to achieve his aim of Biafra through a political process.

People in power do not want Nigeria to break up and even if IPOB managed to get piliticians who are sympathic into office, those people would just make noise about Biafra for a while before the trappings of office will make them forget about IPOB.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by chikarism: 11:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
Tripleoluwa:
Exactly 57 years ago, Nigeria gained Independence from the British Colonia rule. But the independence was short because the nation was plunged into civil war.

Now, Nnamdi Kanu led IPOB group is/was trying to walk us down the same road again. Although there are legitimate concerns, but IPO group should have been politically calculative. What do I mean? Follow me...

Nnamdi Kanu had/have ignited a conflagration, which got the loyalty of common people in the South East. No matter the eye one wants to use to look at this issue, absence of governments(state and Fg) is the main incendiary causing all of these concerns. Now, Nnamdi Kanus IPOB, with his mammoth supporters had/have a very great chance of politically controlling things, particularly in the coming election in Anambra state. In my opinion, if IPOB group should support a candidate in the Anambra governorship elections, they will surely succeed.

That way, the governor would be loyal to IPOB group, and every aspirants contesting for any political office from the South East, even into the federal assembly, would want the endorsement of IPOB cos victory would be sure. From there, elected officials would be held to account for good governance, transparency and probity, all by IPOB group. The kind of political influence of IPO would be so great that it would be contagious, in that other regions of the country would want to tow this path, to hijack political process from the few cabal in the country into the hands of youths.

Nnamdi Kanu would have created a storm that would bring the political class on their kneels, crouching for support from him. The way I see it, it would be easy by then to address all perceived marginalization, because IPOB would have great influence. Even an unknown party can
win an election, all Nnamdi Kanu needed to do was to make the pronouncement, finish...

Wetin I know sef
thankGod u don't know self
because for mind na u sponsor Rochas, obiano, nd ko
and u want dem kip repeating d same to gt different result
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 02, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu, he never had any interest in any easterners well being. This is a man that had lived in the west for so long and had become a
"house nigger" , as one of your Ibo brothers recently called his fellow kinsmen "house nigger, field nigger".

He saw pigs, zoo animals and who.res when he looked at you all. And, the color of his skin even made him feel more superior.

Nnamdi Kanu is a product of many years of racial denigration, even his wife has bleached her skin to the moon. Nnamdi Kanu believes he is more superior than all Ibo's. This is the only reason why, he can comfortably tell you to abandon your God, burn your passport, burn down your country and kill your fellow country men. He attacked Nigeria because like a "house nigger" he believe that he was more better.

2 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by EponOjuku: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2017
mirabel001:
afonjastic talk

As usual, the average ipob yam-legged girl only useful in baby factories.

This thread is obviously above your IQ.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by EponOjuku: 12:28am On Oct 02, 2017
libertyhope2017:
Afonjas thinking about Igbos/Nnamdi Kanu 24/7. Igbos is their nightmare. Everything they do in this life revolve around Igbo...Igbos be very careful around these people because they derive energy from you.

That is because whenever Igbos are in trouble, only Yorubas come to their aid. During the Civil War, Soyinka went to prison cos of you.

Even today, how many of your elders have tackled Buratai, the military and Buhari over his treatment of Ipob? All your elders are interested in is in receiving money for Kola nut and gin from herdsmen and hausa soldiers. Yorùbá elders are defending you ungrateful lots and you're here spewing trash.

Was it not here on Nairaland that Obi of Onitsha spoke cautioning Igbos about Biafra and some worthless Osu outcasts were insulting the Obi?

Let the Igbos listen to the voices of the reasonable ones within Igboland and stop shouting them down as they've done over the years. Till then, they must be taught how to live in civilized societies.

If we give you Biafra now, within 3 years, you're gonna have a civil war within yourselves and we'll shut our borders. That's when you'll start crying that Yorubas hate Igbos and don't allow refugees from BIafra come into Yorubaland.

5 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by ashjay001(m): 12:42am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:

That is because whenever Igbos are in trouble, only Yorubas come to their aid. During the Civil War, Soyinka went to prison cos of you.

Even today, how many of your elders have tackled Buratai, the military and Buhari over his treatment of Ipob? All your elders are interested in is in receiving money for Kola nut and gin from herdsmen and hausa soldiers. Yorùbá elders are defending you ungrateful lots and you're here spewing trash.

Was it not here on Nairaland that Obi of Onitsha spoke cautioning Igbos about Biafra and some worthless Osu outcasts were insulting the Obi?

Let the Igbos listen to the voices of the reasonable ones within Igboland and stop shouting them down as they've done over the years. Till then, they must be taught how to live in civilized societies.

If we give you Biafra now, within 3 years, you're gonna have a civil war within yourselves and we'll shut our borders. That's when you'll start crying that Yorubas hate Igbos and don't allow refugees from BIafra come into Yorubaland.

Wicked somborri!!? gringrin

Look at d American Teaparty?

Or d new France President, his party was barely a year old when he won.

Or that of Canada?

As a typical african, he couldnt see d big picture.

1 Like

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by EponOjuku: 12:57am On Oct 02, 2017
ashjay001:

Wicked somborri!!? gringrin

Look at d American Teaparty?

Or d new France President, his party was barely a year old when he won.

Or that of Canada?

As a typical african, he couldnt see d big picture.

Biafra is the biggest political franchise of the SE but unfortunately, it's led by thieves and supported by fools.

Uwazuruike was living in a single room in Ijeshatedo here in Lagos when he started Massob. Today, he's a Billionaire after many of his foolish followers died and many more are in prison.

Kanu didn't have a job or business in the UK. In fact, when he came to Nigeria, he was living in his father's house. He was insulting Yorubas and daring Kumuyi to step foot in Igboland but the idiot was caught with prostitutes in Ikeja. Kanu was imprisoned with 2 other people, he came out of prison and forgot the remaining two. Never for once has he mentioned anything about them.

People like Uwazuruike and Kanu can't do anything reasonable with an idea like Biafra because they suffer from character deformation: they are insatiable thieves and slaves of their bellies.

When sensible people with ideas step forward to lead the Biafra agitation, then it would make progress. For now, Biafra just provides the Nigerian Army with live targets for shooting practice.

6 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by libertyhope2017: 1:13am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:
[s]

If we give you Biafra now, within 3 years, you're gonna have a civil war within yourselves and we'll shut our borders. That's when you'll start crying that Yorubas hate Igbos and don't allow refugees from BIafra come into Yorubaland.[/s]

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by EponOjuku: 1:16am On Oct 02, 2017
[quote author=libertyhope2017 post=61020541][/quote]

^^

I knew you'll have nothing sensible to contribute. You're no different from your worthless ancestors who ran off dressed like Bobrisky while Banjo a Yoruba man was leading the only offensive in the Civil War.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by libertyhope2017: 1:17am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:

^^
[s]
I knew you'll have nothing sensible to contribute. You're no different from your worthless ancestors who ran off dressed like Bobrisky while Banjo a Yoruba man was leading the only offensive in the Civil War. [/s]

Go away...

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by EponOjuku: 1:18am On Oct 02, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Go away...

libertyhope2017:
Igbo Leaders Are The Most Useless Leaders Alive In The History Of Humanity. Seeing what is happening in the east, I cannot hold my words on how useless Igbo leaders are. Carrying out Hausa-Fulani agenda against their own people. This generation will never forget nor forgive these sets of Igbo leaders bought and controlled by Northern oligarchy.

Look at how you dragged your entire ancestors by the scrotum on a public forum?

May Amadioha use you for daily contribution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by stonemasonn: 2:02am On Oct 02, 2017
I thought NK was so dumb too. But I kept short for fear of nairaland Igbos backlash.
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by amazingspiderma: 3:04am On Oct 02, 2017
In my opinion, the op is right. Nnamdi Kanu no doubt had the southeast in mind, he had the influence over people, but one question was to be answered.
Are we trying to built a nation(a prosperous Igbo society), or a zone where threats to people from other region is the other of the day. I would have love to hear NK speak of his plans for Aba as an industrial hub, or transparency in governance within the region. The port Harcourt -Aba-Okigwe- Enugu road etc.
The template for freedom in the 21st has been spelt out by the likes of Ghandi, Martin Luther Jr., and Nelson Mandela. These men won the heart of their people, the international community and even their enemies by their message and way of life.
In the end they earned global recognition for their legacy and achieved their dream,which was a society of freedom and equity.

Ndi Igbo we must be strategic and objective in our approach to our dream of Biafra. We must learn to use the leverage of peace and non violence to
grow and create allies for development and less excuses for our enemies. This opportunity should be handled with wisdom, it is a very important time in our history.
Let it not look like asking God for freedom alone without wisdom for independence or leaving Egypt without preparing for Canaan.
We are here to build a nation,and not just to beat the drums of war.

3 Likes

Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by libertyhope2017: 3:07am On Oct 02, 2017
EponOjuku:
[s]

Look at how you dragged your entire ancestors by the scrotum on a public forum?

May Amadioha use you for daily contribution.[/s]

We criticize our leaders and don't hide their evil like you afonjas do.
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Tripleoluwa(m): 7:39am On Oct 02, 2017
attackgat:
One problem Yorubas have is they feel that Igbos must reason like, and emulate them.

I dont think that Yorubas realise that Igbo/Hausa/Yoruba are very different people who are only united by the accident of colonialism.

Nnamdi Kanu commanded mammoth crowds but it would have been useless for him to use his followership to seek political power, infact, doing that would have meant the end of IPOB

Nigeria is not structured in a way that helps someone like Kanu to achieve his aim of Biafra through a political process.

People in power do not want Nigeria to break up and even if IPOB managed to get piliticians who are sympathic into office, those people would just make noise about Biafra for a while before the trappings of office will make them forget about IPOB.

Nobody is forcing anybody to reason like them. Again, the world over, every inhabitant of a country are different people. No country is formed of the same people.

Seeking political influence won't be a bad idea. We are all political animals. what Nnamdi Kanu is/was doing, is/was a political movement.

I'm not a tribal champion like most people here. I see things objectively. Nnamdi Kanu can still use his supporters to support a candidate in the coming election in anambra. That means he would just have to change tactics.
Supporting a candidate would attach the same candidate to the apron strings of IPOB group, holding them accountable to their campaign manifesto.

Just a word from Nnamdi Kanu was/is enough to ensure victory for any gubernatorial candidate. think of how he can control things to ensure the governor does what he promised.

Now, imagine the whole
south East States in the pocket of IPOB group! No governor go wan mess up. they will deliver campaign promises
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Tripleoluwa(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2017
libertyhope2017:

Just imagine how you dey reason! Yes, I'm a yoruba man, from Ilaje in Ondo state but my post is not sentimental or tribal.

Nnamdi Kanu had the opportunity to usher in a new era of political channel for the people of south east. South east people talk of no good roads, schools, hospitals, and various other infrastructures. This is the best time to use your hands to put those things there by supporting a candidate that will be at the beck and call of ipob

I'm 1000% sure that any gubernatorial candidate supported by Nnamdi Kanu would win. that can even usher in opportunities for youths to take our futures in our hands by supporting a young candidate, eg Yul Edoche in the election.
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by freeze001(f): 9:07am On Oct 02, 2017
DaBullIT:

Igbo coup? No other person was involved?
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by unohbethel(m): 10:33am On Oct 02, 2017
freeze001:

he is one of d fooooolish yorubas we av here wit there useless propaganda , dont mind him.
Re: What I Think Nnamdi Kanu Led IPOB Should Have Done by Tripleoluwa(m): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2017
freeze001:

Please don't mind him and please don't derail this thread. wat do you think about d thread?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ndi-imo Behold Your New Governor For 2019 / How Obasanjo, Adedibu Offered Me N100m To Impeach Ladoja –sunday Igboho / Unity And Faith, Peace And Progress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.