Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,660 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144210 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Trunaijian: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
so no one in Nigerian has bought and installed the Tstv so far?

ok. let us wait and see how long it takes for some pictorial evidence.

However, if anyone has installed tstv, pls snap and post here. this will quell all the optimism and pessimism once and for all.

untill then, make we siddon dey look like uche.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by veekid(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
The way some guys here dey bash TSTV is now ridiculous and embarrassing. DSTV dey pay una? Relax, if TSTV will fail, time will tell. Let's all relax and see them fail abi is it your fail?

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by tutudesz: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Wow!! This is y most Nigerian own businesses die! What 5k? Is it so hard for Nigerians to support themselves? This y most people prefer investing in other countries.
Support Yourselves
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dollarnaira: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dainikel:
let's not deceive ourselves this TSTV looks like its gonna end up like HiTv: nothing really exciting about the channels(most of them are free on special decoders according to some comments here). Dstv remains the sure bet.

Please,respect yourself Mr Dstv agent.But upon hearing tstv is coming ur multichoice added 2 stations to their gotv-already in panic.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dollarnaira: 2:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
tutudesz:
Wow!! This is y most Nigerian own businesses die! What 5k? Is it so hard for Nigerians to support themselves? This y most people prefer investing in other countries.
Support Yourselves

So bros 5k is too much for decoder plus dish abi?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dollarnaira: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why the rush to get d decoder.It will spread na.Even when Nigeria herself lauched naira notes in past it took time to spread.Lets wait wait wait for tstv.It is still fresh.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by zoedew: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
The decoders will be available at the dealership from Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by tutudesz: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
dollarnaira:

To pay 5k for the decoder is too small, you know how much was Dstv,Gotv,Hitv and Startime when they came out? Most people are making negative comments here because it is owned and operated by a Nigerians. We should all pick up the Tstv decoder not because of their services but because we are Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by pleasureosondu(m): 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
Well, I read through the chats. For those stating that tstv is dead on arrival due to their business strategy, are you their God? What have you started for yourselves? Please, leave them alone. What matters here is the quality and quantity of stations they provide at a reasonable price. I, and I also think most Nigerians won't care replacing our Dstv decoders for tstv if they keep to their promises of that 20gig and a monthly subscription of 3k for all football matches(thats for someone like me). Nigerians won't care about how they achieve that feat( HDD, terrestrial or cable), they should keep to their word and I guarantee you that their bank account will never have a dull moment.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Ivoo(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hello All, please I beg you all. Let's patronize TSTV. it's an indigenous tv station. Let's promote it and be proud of it.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2017
veekid:

You copied my post; thunder fire u
and u to bro grin
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by tutudesz: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ivoo:
Hello All, please I beg you all. Let's patronize TSTV. it's an indigenous tv station. Let's promote it and be proud of it.
Nigerians are the worse sets of people when it comes to supporting themselves.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by s3wealth: 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2017
Question. ...pls is it d data dat ur decoder wld b using to broadcast? Cos am not yet clear on dat. If I don't use d data for anytin but continue watching Dia stations wld d data b removed?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by vicardino(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
This TSTV have an opportunity to put dstv into extinction and they are messing it up. If I were a member of their board, I would have suggested "Come along with your DSTV decoder and pay 2,500 for tstv decoder and first subscription. Choiii, dstv would be completely battered once and for all.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Coldfeets: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
vicardino:
This TSTV have an opportunity to put dstv into extinction and they are messing it up. If I were a member of their board, I would have suggested "Come along with your DSTV decoder and pay 2,500 for tstv decoder and first subscription. Choiii, dstv would be completely battered once and for all.

Guy, you wicked. shocked

Chai.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by EvilMetahuman: 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
9japrof:
TSTV made a tactical mistake, they never had their distribution channels in place before launching.

The incentives for distributors is so poor, why would I pay 4.4 million naira to get 1000 decoder kits only to sell for 5000 naira each meaning investing 4.4 million to earn a paltry sum of 600k. They should do better...

TSTV is an amalgamation of channels, nothing special, a lot of channels on their bouquet are channels being picked by 1.8 meter dish users, e.g the beIN sports, MBC series etc.

Real DTH aggregators own their channel series, e.g multichoice( the owners of DSTV) own the supersport channels, buh TSTV own nothing, they own no channel of their own, only gathering free channels and broadcasting to Nigerians .

The Internet feature they are broadcasting to Nigerians cannot be available in all nigerian states(I pray to be wrong on this) startimes have this feature on the combo box which a lot of their users are not even aware of, some are using it presently in Nigeria and I think that feature can only be used in not more than 5 states in Nigeria.

TSTV if not careful would go the way of HITv, the company have launched into the country running at a loss, that's why the branding and hyping to convince Nigerians to buy, if the sales and turnover anticipated is not achieved, either more money is pumped in to sustain the business or the business would be on a downward spiral.

KweseTV that has been there building structures to ensure distribution channels before launching is still way better and would outlive TSTV in the long run.Kwese even went ahead with their commitment to give out free decoders to thousands of dealers.

NB: the kwese brand is owned by strive masiywa, the brain behind econet wireless and TSTV is even broadcasting one of their channels kwese free sport(KFS) on their bouquet asking you to pay for the channel that kwese is broadcasting for free
ts-sport belongs to tstv
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by austine4real(m): 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Again, if una like give them 30 billion likes, its people like u that have no business sense... i pray sense fall on you... I have 2 dstv decoders that I have dumped for over 12 months now. So for ya info, I dont give a damn about any of them.If DsTv like they should go and die, but i know before that will happen, TsTV go don suffer well and not survive the business war coming their way.
bro pls u fit give me the decoders and dish plus smart cards?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Kx: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Too many financial analysts, corporate strategists, process re engineering experts, change consultants, Telecom experts etc on this thread alone.
Some even argued that Dstv alone holds epl rights in Nigeria.
Some others said bein sports is for Asia and north African audience but could not provide superior argument when some others argued that all football matches are watched live in the naija delta courtesy ctl bein sports

With the level of business acumen on display here, one wonders why the economic space is not replete with fast springing small businesses.
The owner of tstv has moved the narratives away from mere internet arguments,he has launched into the deep.
For a venture that we have nothing to lose but all to gain, the word should be patience.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
Just negodu Ndi mmadu.

And you want to grow. Wait for me to patronise you when you start up your own venture.
Rubbish

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cooldood(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
austine4real:

Clown.With TsTV in town,I bet you its time to go n bring out my decoders cos rates will crash soon.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by s3wealth: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
This is a good development for us in Nigeria. But I fear for lots of small business owners, especially football viewing centres, bars dat capitalise on matches to make sales. This is really gonna affect Dia business cos if everyone is able to watch matches in d comfort of Dia homes den viewing centres are in trouble. Abi Wetin Una tink untop dis matter.? Anyways it's a good development for us all
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by mfm04622: 3:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
awikonko:
I am not so sure this TSTV thing is well explained. Why give 20GB, that data is for what? With TSTV planning to show EPL,LALIGA ETC, then it might be a subtle way of avoiding legal issues with DSTV since they have exclusive rights to show EPL and co in Nigeria. Remember the sports channels will also be in HD so data consumption would be very high. TSTV will argue that they are only showing the sports channels via live streaming and not through satellite. Let's wait and see how things eventually work out though. Welcome to Nigeria TSTV.

From wetin I don read, the data is for you to browse with. Watching programmes will not reduce the data. Am interested in how they want to show EPL too
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by chloride6: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why launch when your decoders aren't ready?

All those guys posting screenshots of the bein sports where are you?

These guys want all this anticipation to fizzle away.

Mehn.... the suspense is killing me..

Anyway, next week is international duty, so I'll chill.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ifex370(m): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
nellyelitz:
Lia Muhammed is his father former uncle �

Okay.... grin

The lie family...Kai... cheesy

No wonder what he said sounded so true
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ByTeCuBe: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
mfm04622:

From wetin I don read, the data is for you to browse with. Watching programmes will not reduce the data. Am interested in how they want to show EPL too
they will show epl on bein sport the bein sport is like supersport too nit using data
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by eunisam: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
nosiebaba:

My guy you are wise.. I like the mtn example. 10 percent return on investment is good enough.
nosiebaba:
Nobody has the decoder yet o, no dealer has it yet
Jetjacky:
is it available in Umuahia, and where?
Trunaijian:
so no one in Nigerian has bought and installed the Tstv so far?

ok. let us wait and see how long it takes for some pictorial evidence.

However, if anyone has installed tstv, pls snap and post here. this will quell all the optimism and pessimism once and for all.

untill then, make we siddon dey look like uche.
veekid:
The way some guys here dey bash TSTV is now ridiculous and embarrassing. DSTV dey pay una? Relax, if TSTV will fail, time will tell. Let's all relax and see them fail abi is it your fail?
tutudesz:
Support Yourselves
dollarnaira:

Please,respect yourself Mr Dstv agent.But upon hearing tstv is coming ur multichoice added 2 stations to their gotv-already in panic.
dollarnaira:

dollarnaira:
Why the rush to get d decoder.It will spread na.Even when Nigeria herself lauched naira notes in past it took time to spread.Lets wait wait wait for tstv.It is still fresh.
zoedew:
The decoders will be available at the dealership from Wednesday.
tutudesz:

To pay 5k for the decoder is too small, you know how much was Dstv,Gotv,Hitv and Startime when they came out? Most people are making negative comments here because it is owned and operated by a Nigerians. We should all pick up the Tstv decoder not because of their services but because we are Nigerians.
pleasureosondu:
Well, I read through the chats. For those stating that tstv is dead on arrival due to their business strategy, are you their God? What have you started for yourselves? Please, leave them alone. What matters here is the quality and quantity of stations they provide at a reasonable price. I, and I also think most Nigerians won't care replacing our Dstv decoders for tstv if they keep to their promises of that 20gig and a monthly subscription of 3k for all football matches(thats for someone like me). Nigerians won't care about how they achieve that feat( HDD, terrestrial or cable), they should keep to their word and I guarantee you that their bank account will never have a dull moment.
Ivoo:
smithsydny:
and u to bro grin
tutudesz:

Nigerians are the worse sets of people when it comes to supporting themselves.
vicardino:
Coldfeets:

Guy, you wicked. shocked

Chai.
EvilMetahuman:
ts-sport belongs to tstv
austine4real:
Kx:
Too many financial analysts, corporate strategists, process re engineering experts, change consultants, Telecom experts etc on this thread alone.
Some others said bein sports is for Asia and north African audience but could not provide superior argument when some others argued that all football matches are watched live in the naija delta courtesy ctl bein sports

With the level of business acumen on display here, one wonders why the economic space is not replete with fast springing small businesses.
The owner of tstv has moved the narratives away from mere internet arguments,he has launched into the deep.
For a venture that we have nothing to lose but all to gain, the word should be patience.
mfm04622:

chloride6:
Why launch when your decoders aren't ready?

All those guys posting screenshots of the bein sports where are you?

These guys want all this anticipation to fizzle away.

Mehn.... the suspense is killing me..

Anyway, next week is international duty, so I'll chill.
ifex370:

Okay.... grin

The lie family...Kai... cheesy

No wonder what he said sounded so true
TSTV decoder + 20gb = N5000
Etisalat monthly 20gb =
N18000 Me: I will just be
buying new decoder monthly.

ByTeCuBe:

they will show epl on bein sport the bein sport is like supersport too nit using data
TSTV decoder + 20gb = N5000
Etisalat monthly 20gb =
N18000 Me: I will just be
buying new decoder monthly.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ByTeCuBe: 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Kx:

who told them supersport has exclusive right AIT should pay for epl right whether they will not be given..dis pple nid 2 update their knowledge
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by bobolizim(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
s3wealth:
This is a good development for us in Nigeria. But I fear for lots of small business owners, especially football viewing centres, bars dat capitalise on matches to make sales. This is really gonna affect Dia business cos if everyone is able to watch matches in d comfort of Dia homes den viewing centres are in trouble. Abi Wetin Una tink untop dis matter.? Anyways it's a good development for us all
thats fallacious and just based on sentiment . Many people would still leave their homes for viewing centers . My cousin has Dstv, would subscribe and won't still see any match at home ... Cause it's boring seeing a match alone .

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ByTeCuBe: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
pleasureosondu:
bro i swear na u get sense past if they keep their promise if they dont do a glo chip data to attract customers nd biko raise it bak again even slow network if tstv can maintain this i see dstv gotv leaving naija soon

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hi guys make sure that it's not a subscription that will run out before the month is up o because they say it's converted into hours
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by austine4real(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
cooldood:

Clown.With TsTV in town,I bet you its time to go n bring out my decoders cos rates will crash soon.
so were deceiving us b4.

u were just making mouth
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by trinity11(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
donjazet:
A popularity test.
Like for TSTV
share for DSTV
Xenophobia loading........

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.