Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot - TV/Movies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot (144249 Views)

Thread For Comics Lovers (dc,marvel,starwars,Manga Etc) / Official Fans Thread For The Legacies / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ColtPython(m): 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
Ever heard of Bein Sports?

kuma007:
I am very optimistic about the competition TSTV will bring into the market. However, I doubt if it will compete favourably with DSTV. This is because i don't think TSTV will be able to show most live English Premier League matches like DSTV and that is the main reason DSTV is still a force to reckon with in Nigeria. In other words, without unfettered right to show live EPL matches like DSTV, TSTV would only compete with the likes of GOTV and Startimes. Those who can afford maximum subscription on DSTV would not be enticed by the data incentive on TSTV because they have enough to subscribe for unlimited data from the regular telecoms service provider in Nigeria. I want TSTV to succeed but competing favorably with DSTV is very doubtful.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ColtPython(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2017
So, has anyone bought and tested TSTV yet?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by zoedew: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

I have never condemned TSTV, just being skeptical, and a lot of people u are calling dtsv agents did not condemn TSTV either. I mean who no like better thing, who no like cheap things? But then I think it is too early to call them 'messiah' just yet because as far as I am concerned everything that has been called a messiah in this country have turned out the other way. HiTV, APC, Darsaat, Ntel, etc were once called the 'messiah'

The ONLY reason HITV failed was mismanagement by Toyin Subair. It effectively had DSTV by the balls until mismanagement took the wind out of its sail.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by oloet: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
the only thing I want tstv to make up for is fast internet, if the data is fast I bet you it would cover up for any lapses they fall short off

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
ColtPython:
Ever heard of Bein Sports?

U people keep shouting beIN sports, does tstv own beIN sports? So what if along the line aljazeera refuses them access to their channel them what? I know beIN sports can be streamed on devices but streaming live football still sucks here even with fastest of Networks.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
oloet:
the only thing I want tstv to make up for is fast internet, if the data is fast I bet you it would cover up for any lapses they fall short off

Don't even expect their internet to be fast since it is just an added service. 3g speed at most as I've never heard anywhere that they are launching any 4g services.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

U people keep shouting beIN sports, does tstv own beIN sports? So what if along the line aljazeera refuses them access to their channel them what? I know beIN sports can be streamed on devices but streaming live football still sucks here even with fastest of Networks .

Guy I now see that you are taking this TStv fight too personal

@bolded... You are totally wrong if you speak for all..
I solely depend on streaming for ALL Matches overhere @little cost. If you are in Abuja I want to invite you to watch EPL in with me.

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
iliyande:

Guy I now see that you are taking this TStv fight too personal

@bolded... You are totally wrong if you speak for all..
I solely depend on streaming for ALL Matches overhere @little cost. If you are in Abuja I want to invite you to watch EPL in with me.

Naaa, I'm in Lagos and I also stream football matches. I use ntel unlimited which is fast in my area, I can stream YouTube at 720p without any lag but when it comes to streaming live matches it normally breaks. U enjoy 5 mins of smooth streaming and then 1 min of buffering. What is the enjoyment in that? Trust me I have gone to watch with many people that claim they don't experience buffering but whenever I'm with them the buffer happens. So at the end I still go to watch on dstv where I can watch on HD with no lags. There's no network in Nigeria that would allow u stream a match smoothly in HD unless u just enjoy watching a low quality The only time I enjoy streaming is during pre season. U know why? Because no any other channel will show it. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the speed of tstv internet as they haven't announced they are launching any 4g services.

And one thing about streaming is it is location based, u can stream fine in location A and then messes up in location B. So do I have to move my decoder to another location? Are tstv going to pass a fixed wired internet into every home and still charge nothing for it?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by kuma007(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=ColtPython post=61062253]Ever heard of Bein Sports?

[Yes I am aware of Bein Sports. The question is, does Bein Sports have the right to broadcast EPL in Nigeria? My understanding is that the right granted to media houses to broadcast EPL matches is limited to specific countries. I do not think Bein Sports has such right to broadcast EPL in Nigeria]
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

Naaa, I'm in Lagos and I also stream football matches. I use ntel unlimited which is fast in my area, I can stream YouTube at 720p without any lag but when it comes to streaming live matches it normally breaks. U enjoy 5 mins of smooth streaming and then 1 min of buffering. What is the enjoyment in that? Trust me I have gone to watch with many people that claim they don't experience buffering but whenever I'm with them the buffer happens. So at the end I still go to watch on dstv where I can watch on HD with no lags. There's no network in Nigeria that would allow u stream a match smoothly in HD unless u just enjoy watching a low quality The only time I enjoy streaming is during pre season. U know why? Because no any other channel will show it. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the speed of tstv internet as they haven't announced they are launching any 4g services.

And one thing about streaming is it is location based, u can stream fine in location A and then messes up in location B. So do I have to move my decoder to another location? Are tstv going to pass a fixed wired internet into every home and still charge nothing for it?

You need little more research for smooth streaming then cool

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by cabalocracy: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

U people keep shouting beIN sports, does tstv own beIN sports? So what if along the line aljazeera refuses them access to their channel them what? I know beIN sports can be streamed on devices but streaming live football still sucks here even with fastest of Networks.
Ogbeni you and that "cold" guy have been ranting all day about TSTV and it's really getting annoying​. you are obviously hating on something you haven't even seen with your two negative eyes.If u are not interested in their product then carry your pessimistic dstv self out of here or go and jump inside the lagoon..is it by force

6 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ColtPython(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

The only person shouting here is you sir. Let them commence their services first. There's no need to argue with what they are offering till we actually see it ourselves biko.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by ColtPython(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
kuma007:
Yes I am aware of Bein Sports. The question is, does Bein Sports have the right to broadcast EPL in Nigeria? My understanding is that the right granted to media houses to broadcast EPL matches is limited to specific countries. I do not think Bein Sports has such right to broadcast EPL in Nigeria

Your understanding is quite remarkable, to be honest, but still, we don't really know what agreements that were brokered between these broadcasting companies. However, there is only one way to find out how credible their services will be.

I suggest we wait and keep our criticisms till then...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by makavele: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
greenhulk:

I stream on wired internet, no lags !

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by iliyande(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
makavele:

I stream on wired internet, no lags !

Maybe you help me inform the guy more cool I don vex. No more argument embarassed
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by makavele: 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
iliyande:

Maybe you help me inform the guy more cool I don vex. No more argument embarassed

It’s quite obvious he is just lying to prove a point!
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Coldfeets: 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
cabalocracy:

Ogbeni you and that "cold" guy have been ranting all day about TSTV and it's really getting annoying​. you are obviously hating on something you haven't even seen with your two negative eyes.If u are not interested in their product then carry your pessimistic dstv self out of here or go and jump inside the lagoon..is it by force

Two negative eyes indeed!!! grin grin grin
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by phaamsaam: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
ColtPython:

Your understanding is quite remarkable, to be honest, but still, we don't really know what agreements that were brokered between these broadcasting companies. However, there is only one way to find out how credible their services will be.

I suggest we wait and keep our criticisms till then...

Tstv transmission currently on abs sat West.. Yipeee
Products to get to dealers from Friday this week

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Colemanz(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
phaamsaam:
Tstv transmission currently on abs sat West.. Yipeee
Products to get to dealers from Friday this week
we need prove dat is on air, a frd too said d same but I never believe sha
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by princetom1(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Why are some people stingy like this? We already hearing it's on air by some people and those people can't even give us pictorial evidence no matter how bad the pic is?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Ristamike: 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
From the look of things the general distribution and selling of the network equipment and the connection id yet to commence.
Thanks.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by makavele: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2017
princetom1:
Why are some people stingy like this? We already hearing it's on air by some people and those people can't even give us pictorial evidence no matter how bad the pic is?

Cos it isn’t yet, nobody has it yet
Dont mind that cheap lying bastard; and his
2-minutes fame!
You think if anybody has succesfully installed it,
they wont upload pictures to brag?
You dont even need to ask b4 they do!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by vosquare: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
kuma007:
I am very optimistic about the competition TSTV will bring into the market. However, I doubt if it will compete favourably with DSTV. This is because i don't think TSTV will be able to show most live English Premier League matches like DSTV and that is the main reason DSTV is still a force to reckon with in Nigeria. In other words, without unfettered right to show live EPL matches like DSTV, TSTV would only compete with the likes of GOTV and Startimes. Those who can afford maximum subscription on DSTV would not be enticed by the data incentive on TSTV because they have enough to subscribe for unlimited data from the regular telecoms service provider in Nigeria. I want TSTV to succeed but competing favorably with DSTV is very doubtful.
Tstv will show live matches sir

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by MrBigiman: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
What is all this rubbish about TSTV? No single soul can proof to be using the trash, yet much noise is made about it. Very rubbish people. They think multichoice and DSTV DAT have blessed Nigerians for decades can just be wiped off like dat?
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Leopantro: 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
MMM TSTV
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by MrBigiman: 9:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Leopantro:
MMM TSTV

They are worse than MMM. Even HItv hit the ground running. These one just paid stipend to lazy bloggers to proliferate lies about dem. Is a cable company meant to be giving free data, Nigeria is the only country where lawlessness is a virtue well celebrated.
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by dollarnaira: 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
MrBigiman:

They are worse than MMM. Even HItv hit the ground running. These one just paid stipend to lazy bloggers to proliferate lies about dem. Is a cable company meant to be giving free data, Nigeria is the only country where lawlessness is a virtue well celebrated.

Should banks sell data and recharge cards?
Please answer this question.

Appreciate innovation sir.The fact that the device is not yet available for sale does not warrant this name calling.

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by MrBigiman: 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
dollarnaira:

Should banks sell data and recharge cards?
Please answer this question.

Appreciate innovation sir.The fact that the device is not yet available for sale does not warrant this name calling.

The truth is bitter, there is no stupid innovation in combining free to air channels and selling it at a price to try to upsurp DSTvs hard work. Banks sell card for mobile companies, these TSTV people are criminals or noisemakers. Let's she what becomes of them after a year. Rubbish!
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Leopantro: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
if you ask me....

Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by Leopantro: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
MrBigiman:

The truth is bitter, there is no stupid innovation in combining free to air channels and selling it at a price to try to upsurp DSTvs hard work. Banks sell card for mobile companies, these TSTV people are criminals or noisemakers. Let's she what becomes of them after a year. Rubbish!

i think you have accurately explained the concept of TSTV
Re: A Thread For TSTV First Experience And The Hotspot by makavele: 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Leopantro:
if you ask me....

fake!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (33) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Korean Season Film / Big Brother Naija 2017 Winner Announcement & Grand Finale Thread / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.