Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ (3536 Views)

Putin Threatens Ukraine With Loss Of Statehood / Biden: No Peace Until Middle East Nations Recognize Israel's Right To Exist / Israel Has The Right To Defend Itself - Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by rifasenate11(m): 6:51am On Oct 02, 2017
those who are not happy about this news, those who thinks that Catalans have no right to be independent, well, I can't override your right to your opinions, but I still remember that violence is a growing process, when dealing with agitators. it's best to follow it diplomatically,or risk the worst possible outcome.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Typical slave mentality.. see em above.

to them.. freedom is a mirage.. can't happen.

they believe they're all wiser than catalians, kurdish, Biafrans.. all freedom lovers..

constitution ke? no be "people " sit down draft am? abi dem crest the "thing for diamond " or say na devil dey unlock am?

nothing is impossible.. Freedom is certain and assured.

slaves can keep hating.

1 Like

Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Mynd44: 6:53am On Oct 02, 2017
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Spylord48: 8:08am On Oct 02, 2017
Despite yesterday's event, imagine all powerful EU couldn't talk nor condemn the violence. Is one thing to vote for a referendum and is another thing for the referendum to be recognize by world bodies and agency.
The battle has just started. let see where it Will end sha
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2017
Spylord48:
Despite yesterday's event, imagine all powerful EU couldn't talk nor condemn the violence. Is one thing to vote for a referendum and is another thing for the referendum to be recognize by world bodies and agency.
The battle has just started. let see where it Will end sha

The EU have long stated that the referendum is illegal, same with the catalonia high court.

Their is no battle, They're done with their joke referendum but would continue to remain in Spain.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Spylord48: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

The EU have long stated that the referendum is illegal, same with the catalonia high court.

Their is no battle, They're done with their joke referendum but would continue to remain in Spain.
fact.. Most of them are even scared of voicing out their opinions because they are scared that it will come back to hunt them..Imagine France, Uk, Germany, even USA couldn't condemn the police brutality and violence. This is just a delicate issue. if they support Catalonia independence that means tomorrow, one region Will rise up in their own countries and there is nothing they can do about it.. All of them are scared of karma coming back to hunt them tomorrow
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2017
rifasenate11:
those who are not happy about this news, those who thinks that Catalans have no right to be independent, well, I can't override your right to your opinions, but I still remember that violence is a growing process, when dealing with agitators. it's best to follow it diplomatically,or risk the worst possible outcome.

LOL, Diplomacy dosent work when it comes to balkanising a nation, ask Sudan, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Spain, Kurds, Cameroon etc.

What is the worst possible outcome?, War? You'll be fooling yourself if you think the nation has less to lose than the agitating region.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by baralatie(m): 8:21am On Oct 02, 2017
DesChyko:

Can you claim once and for all, that Catalonia requesting independence is a recent thing, as they had never in their existence being an entity independent of Spain/Spaniards?
this is parr or his comment(the Catalan leader of Spain)

""""Puigdemont said in a televised address.
"My government in the next few days will send the results of today's vote to the Catalan parliament, where the sovereignty of our people lies, """"
from the BBC

The Catalan acted foolishly to put its own people in harms way.is it the court they will go to enforce the non binding referendum or the EU that does not recognise Catalan but Spain or it will take up arms and plunge Spain into war?
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by jstbeinhonest(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2017
Spylord48:

fact.. Most of them are even scared of voicing out their opinions because they are scared that it will come back to hunt them..Imagine France, Uk, Germany, even USA couldn't condemn the police brutality and violence. This is just a delicate issue. if they support Catalonia independence that means tomorrow, one region Will rise up in their own countries and there is nothing they can do about it.. All of them are scared of karma coming back to hunt them tomorrow

As far as I'm concerned Catalonia would never seceede from Spain.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by rifasenate11(m): 8:42am On Oct 02, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

LOL, Diplomacy dosent work when it comes to balkanising a nation, ask Sudan, Nigeria, India, Pakistan, Spain, Kurds, Cameroon etc.

What is the worst possible outcome?, War? You'll be fooling yourself if you think the nation has less to lose than the agitating region.

your contributions are not biased, we all know war is not the best option for any nation. but, the world today has evolved past the war era. politics and affiliation, insurgency and sanctions,these are the new war methods being fought. but, what do we know?, it will always not go the way we all wanted.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Rajoy is responsible for this mess in the first place. He agitated Catalans years ago and triggered off new endeavors for independence which had been ended after a special status had been granted to Catalonia.

Now he sent police to use violence to stop people from expressing themselves. Very undemocratic and extremely du.mb. He should have let them have their referendum and declare the referendum illegal, which it was according to the constitution. An illegal referendum is invalid anyway. After this move, Rajoy has even agitated these Catalans who initially were against seceding from Spain.

Spain has a lot of experience with such movements. The Basques tried to become independent for years with the ETA terrorizing the country and they have not succeeded. I doubt Catalonia has a chance but I am sure there is a better way to handle such situations than that of Rajoy. He made matters worse.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 02, 2017
raker300:
The UN will be involved in that of Nigeria..

We see a referendum coming up soonest
Stop being delusional
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:
Rajoy is responsible for this mess in the first place. He agitated Catalans years ago and triggered off new endeavors for independence which had been ended after a special status had been granted to Catalonia.

Now he sent police to use violence to stop people from expressing themselves. Very undemocratic and extremely du.mb. He should have let them have their referendum and declare the referendum illegal, which it was according to the constitution. An illegal referendum is invalid anyway. After this move, Rajoy has even agitated these Catalans who initially were against seceding from Spain.

Spain has a lot of experience with such movements. The Basques tried to become independent for years with the ETA terrorizing the country and they have not succeeded. I doubt Catalonia has a chance but I am sure there is a better way to handle such situations than that of Rajoy. He made matters worse.

This referendum is a success my dear, if they can hold the referendum with such pressure how then can't they they have a sovereign state. the worst the Spanish government can do is to kill all Catalan, if you can't kill them all they be rest assure there is noting else the Spanish government can do
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

This referendum is a success my dear, if they can hold the referendum with such pressure how then can't they they have a sovereign state. the worst the Spanish government can do is to kill all Catalan, if you can't kill them all they be rest assure there is noting else the Spanish government can do

The Spanish government can do nothing? Like Buhari could do nothing? Anyone seen N.Kanu?
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

The Spanish government can do nothing? Like Buhari could do nothing? Anyone seen N.Kanu?
The Spanish government has don't their worst. They know the implications of such referendum that was why they send Spanish guard to quench such vote but all to no avail. There is noting they can do again, worst the Spanish government will just take it to the EU court which the Catalan I believed, they won't honour.
with what happened yesterday, you will agree with me that all the Catalans are ready to sacrifice their lives for their future.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

As far as I'm concerned Catalonia would never seceede from Spain.
Are you still dreaming? Did you need to be told about what happens yesterday, the Spanish govt knows why, that was while the send such force to stop the vote yet they couldn't. They are already seceded. it d very bold on the wall.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

The Spanish government has don't their worst. They know the implications of such referendum that was why they send Spanish guard to quench such vote but all to no avail. There is noting they can do again, worst the Spanish government will just take it to the EU court which the Catalan I believed, they won't honour.
with what happened yesterday, you will agree with me that all the Catalans are ready to sacrifice their lives for their future.

No, they haven't. The card that they have not played yet is to take power from the local government in Barcelona and transfer it to Madrid.
The Basques (Northern Spain) and ETA have been fighting for independence for years and even used violence and terror to become independent but they failed.

Inform yourself first before you start your emotional rants.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
baralatie:

this is parr or his comment(the Catalan leader of Spain)

""""Puigdemont said in a televised address.
"My government in the next few days will send the results of today's vote to the Catalan parliament, where the sovereignty of our people lies, """"
from the BBC

The Catalan acted foolishly to put its own people in harms way.is it the court they will go to enforce the non binding referendum or the EU that does not recognise Catalan but Spain or it will take up arms and plunge Spain into war?
so many country are fighting to leave EU, UK are no more in EU. the Catalans govt does not need EU to carry out its full control. the referendum is a success. If Spain overstep their boundary, believe me, the Catalan are ready for war. this is no more civil war cause all the people have spoken with one voice and they are ready to that for their freedom. the handwriting was bold yesterday.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

so many country are fighting to leave EU, UK are no more in EU. the Catalans govt does not need EU to carry out its full control. the referendum is a success. If Spain overstep their boundary, believe me, the Catalan are ready for war. this is no more civil war cause all the people have spoken with one voice and they are ready to that for their freedom. the handwriting was bold yesterday.

Which countries are fighting to leave the EU?
The Brits had a referendum and left. There is no law stating that a country must remain in the EU if majority does not wish to be a EU member. There are laws, however, protecting the territorial integrity of national states. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Like I said, read more and then talk.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

No, they haven't. The card that they have not played yet is to take power from the local government in Barcelona and transfer it to Madrid.
The Basques (Northern Spain) and ETA have been fighting for independence for years and even used violence and terror to become independent but they failed.

Inform yourself first before you start your emotional rants.
the have my dear. the Catalan after their Parliament have declare the the independent, there is noting else the Spanish government can do. if the parliament declared such, believe me they are now sovereign and they can wage war with Spain.The handwriting on the world yesterday was bold enough for you to understand. Are you still hearing anything about the Iraqis government and the Kurdistan? No. Kurdish is now a country of its own
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

Which countries are fighting to leave the EU?
The Brits had a referendum and left. There is no law stating that a country must remain in the EU if majority does not wish to be a EU member. There are laws, however, protecting the territorial integrity of national states. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Like I said, read more and then talk.
you are contradicting ya self.
This was ya statement " or the EU
that does not recognise Catalan" and I was only trying to let you know that Catalonia can do without EU.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

you are contradicting ya self.
This was ya statement " or the EU
that does not recognise Catalan" and I was only trying to let you know that Catalonia can do without EU.

You have problems with reading comprehension and logic.

The EU member states or any other states for that matter will not support any secessionist movements because it is against international law. You can leave the EU as a state if you have the majority but you can't leave the state. It is called territorial integrity. Two entirely different things.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

the have my dear. the Catalan after their Parliament have declare the the independent, there is noting else the Spanish government can do. if the parliament declared such, believe me they are now sovereign and they can wage war with Spain.The handwriting on the world yesterday was bold enough for you to understand. Are you still hearing anything about the Iraqis government and the Kurdistan? No. Kurdish is now a country of its own

A local government has no such right in Europe. Keep dreaming.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by baralatie(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

UK leave. EU very funny!
EU is waiting for UK, Ireland is waiting for the UK to see if a check point will reappear again!
Catalan is not seceding!it is not a bragging issue!
Catalan will remain part of Spain and will abide by the Spanish constitution.
as of now how the illegal and non binding referendum will make part of Spain a country before Wednesday is what Catalans citizens are waiting for.and they will realise that the referendum was unnecessary.
Right now Catalan citizens are beginning to realise but it's political pro independent leaders are looking for every means to save their jobs having created a big problems for themselves.
my advise is for every Catalan to go about their life as citizens of Spain and ignore the temptation of being used by politicians of Catalan to bring further hardship.
why should Spanish citizen living in Catalan region suffer for the greed of a political Catalan leader
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
baralatie:

UK leave. EU very funny!
EU is waiting for UK, Ireland is waiting for the UK to see if a check point will reappear again!
Catalan is not seceding!it is not a bragging issue!
Catalan will remain part of Spain and will abide by the Spanish constitution.
as of now how the illegal and non binding referendum will make part of Spain a country before Wednesday is what Catalans citizens are waiting for.and they will realise that the referendum was unnecessary.
Right now Catalan citizens are beginning to realise but it's political pro independent leaders are looking for every means to save their jobs having created a big problems for themselves.
my advise is for every Catalan to go about their life as citizens of Spain and ignore the temptation of being used by politicians of Catalan to bring further hardship.
why should Spanish citizen living in Catalan region suffer for the greed of a political Catalan leader
I no you are cooking what you will say from next week. because coming next week they are leaving. I no you won't sleep well by next week when you finally heard that Catalonia have seceded.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

A local government has no such right in Europe. Keep dreaming.
This is what you will say this week. Start plaining of what you will say next week cos the Parliament is declaring by next or upper week. you will have a heartbreak when you hear about the news.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

You have problems with reading comprehension and logic.

The EU member states or any other states for that matter will not support any secessionist movements because it is against international law. You can leave the EU as a state if you have the majority but you can't leave the state. It is called territorial integrity. Two entirely different things.
I did say anything about EU, I was only educating on something you no nothing about. They won't support, but they must be a mediator. if they declare independent, let Spain dare them.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:
This is what you will say this week. Start plaining of what you will say next week cos the Parliament is declaring by next or upper week. you will have a heartbreak when you hear about the news.

We will talk next week. If Catalonia is still a part of Spain, you will bang your empty head against a wall. Promise?
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

I did say anything about EU, I was only educating on something you no nothing about. They won't support, but they must be a mediator. if they declare independent, let Spain dare them.

You want to educate me? grin grin
With your poor command of the English language and your ignorance of international law?

Abeg! Go and get a high school diploma first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

We will talk next week. If Catalonia is still a part of Spain, you will bang your empty head against a wall. Promise?
The Parliament will declare by next week or upper week. If they declared and they did not succeed, I will bang my head but if they succeeded, you will visit your doctor, cos you will be the next victim of heart attack that will visit the doctor.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mindfulness:

You want to educate me? grin grin
With your poor command of the English language and your ignorance of international law?

Abeg! Go and get a high school diploma first.
I think you have diverted the main issue,. this is how snowflake act when they can't win an argument.
Re: CATALONIA HAS ‘WON RIGHT TO STATEHOOD ’ by baralatie(m): 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
beamtopola:

I no you are cooking what you will say from next week. because coming next week they are leaving. I no you won't sleep well by next week when you finally heard that Catalonia have seceded.
very funny!
Catalan secede ko na precede !
do you understand what is called a non binding referendum!
Next week Spain will play Albania and after that Barcelona fc will play Athletic Madrid.
but all these Catalan politicians whose plan was to cause chaos in Spain for greed they are on their own to face their own litigitation problems

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did The Simpsons Predict The Syrian Uprising in 2001? / Israeli Bill Being Debated To Ban Jesus / Libya In The List Of Car Manufacturers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.