Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital (15815 Views)

Emmanuel Chinwenwo Aguma Dies In London Hospital / Ahamefula Okorocha Collapses, Governor's Son Rushed To London Hospital / Alex Ekwueme Dies In London Hospital? - GlobalExcellenceOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by lightblazingnow(m): 9:41am On Oct 02, 2017
A retired senior military officer and one time governor of Kaduna State, Mouktar Muhammed, is dead.

Mr. Muhammed, a retired air vice marshal, died Sunday evening, according to a Facebook announcement by his younger brother, Faruk Dalhatu.

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that Mr. Muhammed died in a London hospital

Mr. Dalhatu, who described the deceased as “patriarch of the Dalhatu family” gave the cause of his death as cancer.

The retired military officer was the first governor of Kaduna State after its creation in 1977 by the military administration of Olusegun Obasanjo.

He had earlier served as the Minister of Housing, Urban Development and Environment from 1976 to 1977, following the coup that brought Murtala Mohammed to power, in which he played a role.

Mr. Muhammed was famously head of one of the military tribunals that tried second republic politicians suspected of corruption under the military administration of Muhammadu Buhari, from1983 to 1985. Many of those politicians were sentenced to decades in prison.

On toppling Mr. Buhari in 1985, Mr. Muhammed had a short-lived stay in the coming Ibrahim Babangida regime, due to his disagreement with the “palace coup” that ousted Mr. Buhari.

From 2002, he spearheaded activities of The Buhari Organisation, TBO, a political group that championed the aspiration of Mr. Buhari to become Nigeria’s civilian president.

He was, last year, named as chairman of the governing council of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.

Until his death, Mr. Muhammed, who held the title of Wazirin Dutse was deputy chairman of the Board of Trustees of Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF.

He was also chairman of Kano-based Freedom Radio.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/244777-just-ex-kaduna-governor-mouktar-muhammed-dead.html/amp

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by lightblazingnow(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2017
Everyone must go to see if indeed the universe were framed by the word of God Almighty, CHRIST JESUS or it came by chance......

Time will tell, your own time will tell in the end of it all
Everyone should get ready because no one knows the departure moment

I comfort the family for great losses, it's well

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ndlistic(m): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2017
Rest in peace Mallam Mouktar. May Allah be with you as you rest.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Bari22: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2017
rip

1 Like

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2017
It will take me nothing to type RIP... but I won't because I have no say in the matter.. weda you go rest in peace or not depends on the stuffs you did while you were still blinking and breathing here on earth

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Narldon: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
RIP
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by datopaper(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
F
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by madridguy(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by afam1992: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2017
rest in peace sir. but I hope say you no follow carry our money

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by ahnaija: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2017
hummm
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by ifyain: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2017
Thieves

7 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by cristianisraeli: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2017
and you wonder why nigerian hosiptals dont work..the saint president goes to london for ordinary ear infection..the person below over to you

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Towapa: 10:04am On Oct 02, 2017
London hospital... hmmmmmm

3 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by mosegifted: 10:05am On Oct 02, 2017
Here in Greece we don't know him
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 02, 2017
Why cant we hear something like this

Former head of state and current president of nigeria d*** in london hospital....

Some kinda good news.......

3 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by bejeria101(m): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2017
They keep dying and yet have no sense to reason.
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Had it been he served in our era he would have recieved bashing rip
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by hisgrace090: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
So Nigerian leader head have finally ended in London hospital?
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by oshe11: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2017
He fight with El rufia
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Omeokachie: 10:24am On Oct 02, 2017
London hospital.
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by talk2percy(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2017
They always die in London hospitals...and they clone some and bring them back to Nigeria.
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Johnrake69: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2017
Any Nigerian president or Governor, both past and present that goes to a foreign hospital... I pray they all meet their end there. Because they are all wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2017
We were given birth to today and died tomorrow.please can someone define what life is to me.
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by lebanonboy: 10:35am On Oct 02, 2017
I'll have to call my cousins. He was their dad senior brother. They'll miss him.
Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ramaa(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2017

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ezigbonmadu: 10:37am On Oct 02, 2017
lightblazingnow:

PREMIUM TIMES gathered that Mr. Muhammed died in a London hospital

Mr. Dalhatu, who described the deceased as “patriarch of the Dalhatu family” gave the cause of his death as cancer.

The retired military officer was the first governor of Kaduna State after its creation in 1977 by the military administration of Olusegun Obasanjo

A former governor that couldn't build standard hospital in his state. May he rot in hell. May all those who are in power now, and those who have left power but refused to build strong institutions and infrastructure for their own people die miserably. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:45am On Oct 02, 2017
Asidethetruth:
Why cant we hear something like this

Former head of state and current president of nigeria d*** in london hospital....

Some kinda good news.......
surely the announcement will come some day because the president is mortal and death is a natural arrangement,but plenty announcement of death will b make in ur household before mr president own.tabass

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 02, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:
surely the announcement will come some day because the president is mortal and death is a natural arrangement,but plenty announcement of death will b make in ur household before mr president own.tabass

Mr president and grave....is just 1% apart...

For ur info...

We are from Adam and will reach a ripe age....God on our side.....

Not like u ishmael.....

Who doesnt know the sex escapedes of mohammed and aishatu...

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ezigbonmadu: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:

Hey Mr Sycophant, while your heroes go about spending your stolen wealth on medical tourism you're here defending them. What you fail to realise is that these people will always fly to other countries whose leaders were accountable. Leaving your silly ass in abject poverty and no where to run to when you're sick. You better repent!

2 Likes

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ezigbonmadu: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2017
Johnrake69:
Any Nigerian president or Governor, both past and present that goes to a foreign hospital... I pray they all meet their end there. Because they are all wicked.

Amin

1 Like

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Ahmedhussain3463: 10:58am On Oct 02, 2017
Ezigbonmadu:

Hey Mr Sycophant, while your heroes go about spending your stolen wealth on medical tourism you're here defending them. What you fail to realise is that these people will always fly to other countries whose leaders were accountable. Leaving your silly ass in abject poverty and no where to run to when you're sick. You better repent!
lol,oga i have access to any medical facility i could ever desire any where in the world.buhari not afraid of death and if death comes today,buhari have surpass the 48 years life expectancy in this country so no mockery about it.my presidence is septuagenarian now hope u knw that?death is a naturall arrangement for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Mouktar Muhammed Dies In London Hospital by Xbee007(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2017
RIP to him.
BTW, where will he be buried? I hope no be naija?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Orders Continuation Of Dino Melaye’s Recall From The Senate / Youths React As Touts Accompanying Taraba Governor's Convoy Shoot A Boy / Abia North: Bourdex Okays Election Result, Closes Rank With Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.