Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) (77513 Views)

Customer Review Of TSTV Services / Pictures Of TSTV Decoders Ready For Distribution November 1 / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:06am On Oct 03, 2017
jacyhelen:
No wonder they wont let Igbos Go?!

In your puerile mind,this is worthy of being brag about . Take a cue from the Catalans; do something tangible about biafra. Nobody is holding you down. I personally will like you to go away- I don't like you guys.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 11:07am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:
Another MMM Scam. Everybody beware.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges
EFCC arrested this guy last year for fraud. Not credible.
http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

I sincerely don't understand why you wasted so much of your time to type this rubbish,that's the effect of smoking cigarette from the opposite side.

Let us support this guy to bring competition to other cable operators,if this guy was a white dude you will support his ideas but just because his a Nigerian,you won't support is ideas.

For you to have all this analysis in your write up,I see no reason why you can't be the CEO of dstv but just because You keep smoking the cigarette from the wrong side,it will always affect your thinking...

I support TSTV not because am an Igbo man,but because it will add more jobs to our economy,create more competition and it will also encourage other rich Nigerians to do similar things...

2 Likes

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by Sektion: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges
http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.
and your profile was created yesterday undecided, who is playing who here?

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by danjalingo: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2017
it's our own, I will encourage him like I did with Glo. we must learn to encourage our home grown businesses.

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by mecussey(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

same as I think...

Why I think TSTV Heavenly promises are dead on arrival...

1) Offers are too good to be true...

Hardware ...

A DVB-S/S2 receiver with tuner, processor, ram, power supply unit, video filters/hdmi port, Rj45 port, PVR capability, wifi hotspot etc...all for 5k This means cost of production is about 10usd. Ask any company in China, this is not possible unless its been subsidized by govt or something else.

Channel lists...

Beinsports is owned by a company in the middle list and only have the right to broadcast EPL in the middle east and north africa by satellite. If they had wanted to cover Africa, its just a transfer of funds and bam...the beam is everywhere in Africa. Tstv promising to beam beinsports MENA to Africans is either piracy or fraud. The only legal means to bring beinsports to Africa is by IP but they already denied that 20gb is just VAS...i dey watch in 7D. They might succeed in beaming the beinsports MENA to Africa but will shut it down within few months.

Suddenly they got to offer data very cheap...what has Etisalat, MTN and Glo been doing. Does it mean they never knew how to get and offer data at a very cheap rate..?? Ok let us assume they know what others dont know...now, how to they want to offer these data to her customers.. There are only three ways to share data...either by satellite, terrestrial or Cable alright

TSTV is a satellite provider, it means they plan to share this data by satellite, it then means the customer satellite dish must carry a BUC and LNB all for 5k with STB...? This is more than MMM. The other way to share the data is by terrestrial ...either by gprs or wifi..this then means there will be coverage problem and NBC must know where and how the broadcast station are...and we all know what NBC can do to frustrate a growing business in Nigeria...i rule that one out.

They are confusing Nigerians with HBB technology...Hybrid box is just multiple source input box...dvb-s/s2/t/t2/c and IP there is nothing new here. If there was something new...this technology could have been everywhere in the world and no one will care to pay for cable or satellite TV. I have plenty things to say here but let me stop here, will come back to add more...

Conclusion,

I am not trying to be pessimsitic about TSTV but everything look vague to me. Why choose a brand name close to DSTV and a color code close to multichoice

Why make all these noise and lunch without any goods to sell?? I am certain TSTV is not prepared for this business and challenges that comes with it. Would it not had been better TSTV starts broadcast in June, stabilize and then lunch in October There is need to test your product properly before selling, even deadly nuclear weapons are been tested. well, I still keep my fingers crossed. Since Edo people can fly without airbus, and bakassi boys can resist live bullets without bullet proof, TSTV can still work without means.

The good news is here is 5k to me looks like spare money to an average Nigerian so, nothing to worry about. However, 5k multiplied by 100 million homes... In Akpan's voice...'guy this is money oo'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by BumbleBee007: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2017
huntax:

Startimes offers all those

Please how much does the subscription package that offers all these cost?
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by dopedude(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

It's people like you that's stopping Nigeria from moving forward.

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ayagha: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

How do u explain CTL broadcasting epl in places where they operate

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by mecussey(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2017
Phonefanatic:

You are still a learner I bet you don't know about metro digital that shows all bein sports channels and other channels you listed in Nigeria. Their sub is 3k per month and it has been working for years

Metro is terrestrial with limited coverage. DTH and DTT are not the same.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by mayowa558: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

must you tell the whole world that you don't like this man
However, bein sports shows different games and it's accessible in Nigeria not restricted to Middle East and North Africa
I think you're one of these DSTV agents....I really feel your pains.
Start looking for a way out....probably another source of income.
TSTV is taking over....
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by deolurexy1(m): 11:13am On Oct 03, 2017
qleap2all:
He is also a Jew of Biafra Origin. He is in Support of Prince Nnamdi Kanu, i presume
Fool
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ICEFLAME419ja(m): 11:16am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

Bad Belle go find work jor,,,,, CTL has almost all this TSTV channels plus they broadcast all kind of football matches in akwa ibom and it goes for #3150, but the upper hand in TSTV IS THE pay as you go ish. In akwa ibom only bbafrica fans and tinsel still dey watch dstv or people wey dey look dstv dish like iPhone
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by TheKing4040(m): 11:17am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

your post and ideas are very irrelevant nobody here needs it,am sure this is one of the many schemes of Dstv to keep extorting from nigerians...but take your advice to the bush we dont need it,as soon as i get back home in Nigeria am getting a tstv decoder...thanks
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by oxonek: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2017
Please, is anyone watching TSTV just yet? Just to know...
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by Danladi7: 11:17am On Oct 03, 2017
jacyhelen:
There is a tribe that has 1000s of people like this yet they dont make noise grin

2 Likes

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by JennyOfOldstones(f): 11:21am On Oct 03, 2017
PrincessBecks:

I noticed that too. Only created his account to spew falsehood...copy and paste at that. Smh. But tstv is here to stay.
Don't mind them. I guess the tax free benefits offered to TSTV by the FG scared them and has shown them that it's no longer business as usual. I even heard they are planning to take TSTV to court for broadcasting EPL without rights(Rights they stole from HiTV). They are really scrambling to hold on to their monopoly. it reminds me of Thomas Edison and Nicola Tesla in the Current Wars.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by breakeven: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Very young man. The sky will not even be h8s limit
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ghuzy01: 11:24am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

Thunder fire you,enemy of progress!!!!

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by islandmoon: 11:27am On Oct 03, 2017
I'm ready to even dash him the 5000 Naira free, we should encourage people like this , we are tired of DSTV exploitation.

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ElsonMorali: 11:35am On Oct 03, 2017
jacyhelen:

#smh
Meanwhile, your location = Abuja.

Are you being tied down there?
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by madgoat(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

If e pain you too much abeg hug transformer. lipsrsealed
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by shekauvsbuhari: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

so nbc is part of de wayo or what? Didnt they do cheks b4 giving him de go? Or U be bad belle?
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ElsonMorali: 11:39am On Oct 03, 2017
ghuzy01:

Thunder fire you,enemy of progress!!!!

That's not a constructive rejoinder. Try and come up with something more...intelligent to counter him. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by Temidayo9(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2017
osaigbovo16:
lmao.. Nta, very usless station

TSTV didn't even have any free to air channel let alone NTA.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by sleekyjay(m): 11:41am On Oct 03, 2017
oya, name checkers association of NL, over to you guys..
#leaves thread.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by 1wolex85: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

You have some good points, the deal just seems too good to be true. I am only cautiously optimistic

2 Likes

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by eezeribe(m): 11:44am On Oct 03, 2017
donjazet:
More grease to your elbows. May God bless your efforts.

LIKE FOR THE SUCCESS OF TSTV
He is not a machine... He doesn't need grease....
The correct grammatical expression is...
More power to your elbow...
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by ANASIBERI(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2017
[/quote]
Temidayo9:

[q
Temidayo9 post=61063758:

uote author=jnwankwo post=61043862]Another MMM Scam. Everybody beware.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

metrodigital is showing epl and champion league in nigeria
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by Chukazu: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2017
Wagasigiungu:

Gerarrahia jor. But before you leave, Kindly fill in the blank.
Silence is the best answer for a "........................................................."

the best you do is to counter him with a superior argument and not to insult him

"don't raise your voice, IMPROVE YOUR ARGUMENT"
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

its either you from South Africa or you'er a hater. Either way, sharrrrap

2 Likes

Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by judedwriter(m): 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
jnwankwo:

8. EFCC Fraud Charges

Hmmm....thanks for the info...
Will tstv end up like hitv? I hope not.
Re: Bright Echefu Ikechukwu, The Owner Of TSTV (Profile, Photos) by fairheven: 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wagasigiungu:

Gerarrahia jor. But before you leave, Kindly fill in the blank.
Silence is the best answer for a "........................................................."

Nobody has monopoly of insults

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TV/Movies Section Library / Rachel Johnson Goes Topless On Live TV Show During Brexit Discussion / DOWNLOAD MOVIE: Maleficent – Mistress Of Evil (2019)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 213
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.