Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience (69433 Views)

TSTV Is Back As CEO Holds Press Conference And Rolls Out New Deals / TSTV Is Back With Exciting News / TSTV Is Finally Here!!! (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by purplekayc(m): 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
ruboy:
Abi ..lets see it work out first...
give it like a month or two and see
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Innogee: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2017
The TSTV stuff is not about the joy I derived in purchasing the product.

My joy sterns from the fact that the product will create employment for Nigerians.

My advice to the owners of TSTV is that they should treat their employees with respect, provide them with health care services and a conducive environment to work. An environment that will give equal employment opportunity to all Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by oshaosha2014(m): 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
Is it not the same mainOne all our useless data network depend on?
1acre:
MainOne cable is supporting in providing this service. Bye bye to Rada rada!!
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Themandator: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2017
SOFTENGR:

Why u no buy make you give us your experience
grin

People want to buy , the problem is where to buy ....I called a number on their site and was told two weeks that installation staff are on training ....Because it comes with internet service is and not just dish
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dstv explora for sale. Apply now. Not joking.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by KcAngel(m): 6:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
No contact address.. if one is intrested....#post sucks
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Maydfourth: 6:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
I beg will it work without Nepa ooooooo
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Adaumunocha(f): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Am surfing with my free tstv data since yesterday. Thanks to tstv for this wonderful experience
Where's d picture

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Boscolo: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
(except I am not understanding the whole thing properly)
If you notice they keep mentioning data ,data ,data
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
As much as Its an awesome news ,it still sounds too good to be true
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool

I will like to know what is the average broadband speed in Nigeria? Now if the broadband speed is ok (which I don't think) then their advert is a bait to attract people to patronize them, because you can't stream with 10GB for 10day (let say 5hours minnimum each day)
It's a good idea but only if and if only if what they plan to offer is satellite.
Even sky tv has a router box and sky tv HD box. Is the box they ll provide serves as a router ? Well further explanation ll help, anyway nairaland is a place to learn grin
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
Tstv - more mouth than efcc during a press conference.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Where's d picture
Was it because of dat guy u took down ur profile pic?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Jsucre(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
abeg, i no understand u mean person fit suff facebk,twita et-al. via tv screen tru STD of TSTv?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by dsocioemmy(m): 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
This guys should start selling already. the noise don to much biko
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by wengerjay(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
I hope this is not another MMM in disguise.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by goduzu: 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Am surfing with my free tstv data since yesterday. Thanks to tstv for this wonderful experience

Biko how n whr did u get it.. It's gona be on zoom mood diz first weeks
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jsucre:
abeg, i no understand
u mean person fit suff facebk,twita et-al. via tv screen tru STD of TSTv?
Yes, nd for d records it's STB
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by KingsleyCEO: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2017
This TSTV stuff is becoming very boring like heavily boring. They promised and later tried to blame cabal.

Now they have lunched and the stuff seem not to be available...

Too much noise without preparing for the real deal. DSTV can just go into partnership with MTN and offer same thing while TSTV is yet to produce their box.

2 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
calberian:
Ok

I only wonder how Tstv stations compare to dstv stations because from the information I've come across recently, if care is not taken, Tstv will end up only competing against Gotv and Star times and not dstv.
How?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Daboomb: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
oscarnoble:
Wia can it be purchased in owerri

Only in the South West States, Abuja and PH for now...........IPOB should go and source for thier own in Biafra grin grin grin

***Just kidding***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
This TSTV stuff is becoming very boring like heavily boring. They promised and later tried to blame cabal.

Now they have lunched and the stuff seem not to be available...

Too much noise without preparing for the real deal. DSTV can just go into partnership with MTN and offer same thing while TSTV is yet to produce their box.
That's why they have to watch their back
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Adaumunocha(f): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
fabulousfortune:
Was it because of dat guy u took down ur profile pic?
What guy?
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by leonard002(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
blogbuilder:
Attention seeker, wehdone. we av seen u.

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by KingsleyCEO: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's why they have to watch their back

Yes o. They are just making noise here and there without corresponding actions.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by talk2dboss: 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2017
Boscolo:

I will like to know what is the average broadband speed in Nigeria? Now if the broadband speed is ok (which I don't think) then their advert is a bait to attract people to patronize them, because you can't stream with 10GB for 10day (let say 5hours minnimum each day)
It's a good idea but only if and if only if what they plan to offer is satellite.
Even sky tv has a router box and sky tv HD box. Is the box they ll provide serves as a router ? Well further explanation ll help, anyway nairaland is a place to learn grin

Please note that they keep specifying on satelite. Satelite has nothing to do with the internet or data. Data or internet is an add on service. This is what is being used in USA. Internet and Satelite being sold as a package

1 Like

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by donaldfafree(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Data has nothing to do with ur DStv mobile. Guess they are using same technology.
Donald3d:
I might not be a complete expert at this ,but the knowledge of technology I have so far makes something suspicious about TSTV
My fear is that the data would be shared between your normal "hotspotting" and the stations you are viewing (so e go be like say you dey stream video on youtube with your data ).Does that mean the thing go quick finish
Because they won't only be taking DSTV down,MTN,AIRTEL,GLO,SPECTRANET,SMILE are all going down cool

let me wait for all the "lab rats" to buy it first ,if there is good feedback I will buy two wink cool
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Adaumunocha:
What guy?
D guy's moniker ends with 77 if u can still remember, dat was lyk 2-3days ago. I was just reading thru d thread.
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by jnwankwo: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2017
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by VellyG(m): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
1acre:
MainOne cable is supporting in providing this service. Bye bye to Rada rada!!
If it's mainone then kiss Dstv good bye
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Adaumunocha(f): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
fabulousfortune:
D guy's moniker ends with 77 if u can still remember, dat was lyk 2-3days ago. I was just reading thru d thread.
Which thread? I don't recall
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by VellyG(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Donald3d:

Not true. Do u know the amount of data to be consumed by streaming HD channels on a 32" screen for a month? The data is an addition to their offer
Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by gbengress1: 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Oga go and sit down with your analysis. You think a Minister will launch it if it is illegal? Go and shit jor
jnwankwo:
Buyer beware, Do your research before you jump in. Here is my little research on this.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware. This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM.

EFCC recently arrested this guy for fraud.

http://motherhoodinstyle.net/2016/01/23/doctor-who-proposed-marriage-to-wifes-close-friend-4-months-after-her-death-dumped-after-hes-nabbed-by-efcc/

4 Likes

Re: How TSTV Is Set To Change Your Internet & Satellite Television Experience by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Which thread? I don't recall
It goes by the name "this new generation of romancelanders are dumb nd ugly". Guess u recall now

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bbnaija: How Viewers Voted For Tega, Peace, Michael, Boma, Saga, Nini / KiddWaya & Erica Boobs: Will This Fresh Scandal In BBNaija Be Ignored Again? / The Lord Of The Rings Characters, Their Look After 17years(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.