Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church (896 Views)

Why Do You Choose Your Current Church Denomination..? / What Attracted You To Your Current Church / Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by KingsleyCEO: 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
Please I need your honest opinion concerning the subject on ground.

It all started a year ago when I changed from my former church due to change in my place of residence, I got to this new place in Abuja and attended this church(Name withheld). I did like the church and even introduced my close guys to the church.

Every time I attend church service there is this excitment that made me always look forward to the next service. The whole change thing started coming up few months back after I checked and discovered I really have not grown spiritually and more, though I still struggle to attend service once a while but each time I walk out of the church something tells me you're not in the right place and challenges what have been thought for that day and convinces me that all this is not the essence of Christianity.

At this point I have skipped like church for like three weeks and something tells me I'm gone in all of this. I am totally confused and don't know what to do.

Please if you don't have anything to say kindly pass.

Dear admin, please help do the needful.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by purem(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
cc analice107 a brother needs ur advice here o

OP if she no kom make I finish my yearcutstyle

I go kom giv u my own buh ano sure say u nid am o

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Then Find another church rather than sitting at home.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by BetterChurch: 7:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
You need a better Church
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by anukulapo: 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

... but each time I walk out of the church something tells me you're not in the right place and challenges what have been thought for that day and convinces me that all this is not the essence of Christianity.

If you can make the above clearer, you will get more replies.
Examples of the things you don't agree with will help posters point you to other directions. Meanwhile, those kin churches plenty nowadays and them full this town.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Wolexdey(m): 8:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
You need not hide the name of the Church.

Moreover, what you need do is to Pray to the FATHER Through The LORD JESUS CHRIST and surely You will receive direction and be glad again.

Prayer point should be: O LORD, LEAD ME TO MY PLACE OF WORSHIP, LET MY ORDAINED CHURCH MANIFEST THAT I MAY WORSHIP YOU IN TRUTH AND SPIRIT IN JESUS NAME.

Please, Remember to share your testimony with us all...

IT IS WELL WITH YOU... AMEN
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
Settling down with a church is a matter of CHOICE...!

Nobody stops u from dashing in and out of special program of other more spiritual churches once in a while.

I have more books of MFM than my own Church for personal reasons.

I watch and listen to more than 5 different preaching from different churches on Sunday alone when am back from my own church from TV. I get blessed from all not withstanding.
Personal commitment to the word and prayers is what matters.
Bless you.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingsleyCEO:
Please I need your honest opinion concerning the subject on ground.

It all started a year ago when I changed from my former church due to change in my place of residence, I got to this new place in Abuja and attended this church(Name withheld). I did like the church and even introduced my close guys to the church.

Every time I attend church service there is this excitment that made me always look forward to the next service. The whole change thing started coming up few months back after I checked and discovered I really have not grown spiritually and more, though I still struggle to attend service once a while but each time I walk out of the church something tells me you're not in the right place and challenges what have been thought for that day and convinces me that all this is not the essence of Christianity.

At this point I have skipped like church for like three weeks and something tells me I'm gone in all of this. I am totally confused and don't know what to do.

Please if you don't have anything to say kindly pass.

Dear admin, please help do the needful.
Why don't seek the lord in prayers? He's the best friend to give answers. He will direct you to the church that will build you up spiritually

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Nobody: 12:46am On Oct 03, 2017
Brother,
I was gonna say what that brother above me just said.
Prayer is the key....this between you and Christ alone....and HE will absolutely guide you to the church HE wants you to be a member of...because He surely has a church for you on this planet Earth.
I understand the feeling of knowing that something "just isn't right" about the particular church you are attending.
I am a living witness that God will guide and direct you if you are truly sincere and leave all of your pre-conceived notions behind smiley
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by KingsleyCEO: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
anukulapo:

If you can make the above clearer, you will get more replies.
Examples of the things you don't agree with will help posters point you to other directions. Meanwhile, those kin churches plenty nowadays and them full this town.

Like everything centered on money, flashing of stuff and just like partying and all of that.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by KingsleyCEO: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wolexdey:
You need not hide the name of the Church.

Moreover, what you need do is to Pray to the FATHER Through The LORD JESUS CHRIST and surely You will receive direction and be glad again.

Prayer point should be: O LORD, LEAD ME TO MY PLACE OF WORSHIP, LET MY ORDAINED CHURCH MANIFEST THAT I MAY WORSHIP YOU IN TRUTH AND SPIRIT IN JESUS NAME.

Please, Remember to share your testimony with us all...

IT IS WELL WITH YOU... AMEN

Thanks so much, but I still have to hide the name of the church before it will appear as if I was paid or sent by the devil to accuse the church.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by KingsleyCEO: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
Settling down with a church is a matter of CHOICE...!

Nobody stops u from dashing in and out of special program of other more spiritual churches once in a while.

I have more books of MFM than my own Church for personal reasons.

I watch and listen to more than 5 different preaching from different churches on Sunday alone when am back from my own church from TV. I get blessed from all not withstanding.
Personal commitment to the word and prayers is what matters.
Bless you.

Thanks so much.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by KingsleyCEO: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
MsNgo40:
Brother,
I was gonna say what that brother above me just said.
Prayer is the key....this between you and Christ alone....and HE will absolutely guide you to the church HE wants you to be a member of...because He surely has a church for you on this planet Earth.
I understand the feeling of knowing that something "just isn't right" about the particular church you are attending.
I am a living witness that God will guide and direct you if you are truly sincere and leave all of your pre-conceived notions behind smiley

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Wolexdey(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

Thanks so much, but I still have to hide the name of the church before it will appear as if I was paid or sent by the devil to accuse the church.

Yea! You have a valid point... Thanks too
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by Image123(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

Like everything centered on money, flashing of stuff and just like partying and all of that.

You cannot serve God and mammon, very clear. Pray sincerely in faith and the Lord will guide you. He sees the heart you know.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
WE HAVE SO MANY PERFORMANCE BASE CHURCHES EVERY THAT WILL ADD TO YOUR PROBLEM INSTEAD OF TAKING IT AWAY...STAY FIRM IN CHRIST JESUS YOUR SAVIOUR AND MINE AS WELL.
Re: I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church by anukulapo: 10:33am On Oct 06, 2017
KingsleyCEO:

I have not found one too.

I for one just avoid the "praise" session in my church. It's too "porch" plus too much sound effect like
being in a night club. I sometimes just stay outside until the session is over. Don't want to loose my hearing.

You'll need a fellowship. Yes! that's what you need. Pray God lead you to friends who'ld like to meet and
share the word and pray...until you find yourself a better place.

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed By Lightening: Ali-agan Adopts Child,grants Him Scholarship(pic) / You Really Need This One Book / Dreams & Nightmares: Their Interpretations, Consequences & Solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.