Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? (10546 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / What Attracted You To Your Current Church / I Need Your Opinion On Changing My Current Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Omicron007: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Considering the vast number of Christian denominations in Nigeria today, why did you choose your current church?

Some people are attending a particular church just because they were born into the church.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Bigredmachine: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
I was born into my current church and not that am happy in it... I just don't ... Have a choice

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Omicron007: 8:54am On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:
I was born into my current church and not that am happy in it... I just don't ... Have a choice

You can change.

12 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by chatinent: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

You always have a choice.

You are only afraid of what people will say...not even what you think is right.

It's Catholic.

I am not a prophet.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Omicron007: 9:24am On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

It's Catholic.

I am not a prophet.

Seconded.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Omicron007: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2021
lalasticlala, what do you have to say?
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by helinues: 9:43am On Oct 31, 2021
I chose none

Not a fan of religion from childhood. The pastors can't continue to scare people with things that are possible fairy tales stories

25 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by wordapostle(m): 9:48am On Oct 31, 2021
Some of us they chose for us
Some choose for themselves
And some God choose for them

The last is my case

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Bigredmachine: 9:57am On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

It's Catholic.

I am not a prophet.

I was born into a Catholic church, and over the years I have seen so many things I don't like about Catholics e.g the worshiping and bowing down to images, which the Bible clearly kicks against... So many other things they do that I begin to doubt if Catholic is a real church...

They will tell us how Catholic was the true and only church founded and approved by Lord Jesus Christ by himself and every other church broke out from Catholic church...

Talking about switching... I have also seen how other churches now rival themselves as being better than the other... You see deeper life members bragging they worship God more than living faith or redeemed... So many competition here and there which I don't like...

Its all these things that has just made me stay put in Catholic and not really because I like their style but going to another church won't even change anything...

Its not about the church u go to, its about the individual person way of live, I can learn the teachings of any church if I feel they are saying the right things and not brag of how this church is better than that one

The truth be say church matter dey tire me and I see all the church out there as business centre

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by federal9: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

I was born into a Catholic church, and over the years I have seen so many things I don't like about Catholics e.g the worshiping and bowing down to images, which the Bible clearly kicks against... So many other things they do that I begin to doubt if Catholic is a real church...

They will tell us how Catholic was the true and only church founded and approved by Lord Jesus Christ by himself and every other church broke out from Catholic church...

Talking about switching... I have also seen how other churches now rival themselves as being better than the other... You see deeper life members bragging they worship God more than living faith or redeemed... So many competition here and there which I don't like...

Its all these things that has just made me stay put in Catholic and not really because I like their style but going to another church won't even change anything...

Its not about the church u go to, its about the individual person way of live, I can learn the teachings of any church if I feel they are saying the right things and not brag of how this church is better than that one

The truth be say church matter dey tire me and I see all the church out there as business centre

And who told you they were bowing down to images?

You are joining the multitudes to castigate the Catholic Church.

You are not a Catholic. Stop deceiving yourself. Paying respect by bowing down is different from worship.

Keep quoting yourself with different moniker to paint the catholic church bad.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Bigredmachine: 10:34am On Oct 31, 2021
federal9:

And who told you they were bowing down to images?

You are joining the multitudes to castigate the Catholic Church.

You are not a Catholic. Stop deceiving yourself. Paying respect by bowing down is different from worship.

This is what am taking about ... You say am castigating the Catholic church, fine I may not have voiced my displeasure using the right grammar, as English no be my mate... But what am saying is that everyone has one or two things to say about their church being the best...

Good they have told us countless time how we pray to God through Mary to intercede for us and how its not worshiping but honour of some sort...

I can't just go on and on but there are so many things wrong with the church of today...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by chatinent: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

I was born a Catholic. I remember asking a Reverend Father what “bowing down to graven images as a sin” meant. He was biting his words cos he suspected the Jesus statue would be questioned.

Due to my inquisition, I had to dig deeper. Why venerate Mary? What is really her role? What's the role of the rosaries using the Bible? Can Jesus be God and still pray to God? What are the use of those Holy Sacrament and Hail Mary incantations? Where is Father Christmas in the Bible? Is Mary the mother of God? Very many questions...

I gave up.

I am now one of the JW.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Myzubby(m): 10:45am On Oct 31, 2021
REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD
I LOVE EVERY THING THE CHURCH
I AM A FAN OF OTHER CHURCHES AND I HAVE ATTENDED SOME OTHER CHURCHES TOO . BUT I LOVE RCCG . I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Bigredmachine: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:

I was born a Catholic. I remember asking a Reverend Father what “bowing down to graven images as a sin” meant. He was biting his words cos he suspected the Jesus statue would be questioned.

Due to my inquisition, I had to dig deeper. Why venerate Mary? What is really her role? What's the role of the rosaries using the Bible? Can Jesus be God and still pray to God? What are the use of those Holy Sacrament and Hail Mary incantations? Where is Father Christmas in the Bible? Is Mary the mother of God? Very many questions...

I gave up.

I am now one of the JW.

Instead I will go to another church I rather remain a Catholic I was born into... I was not there when Catholic church was created but as a man would have intellect I should ask questions about this and that when am not cleared about something... The contradictory messages between churches is what is even bursting my head...

Outside hail Mary and so... I think it's only Catholic that believes in purgatory... I may be wrong though, I need clarity if I am....

Your JW self get their own, they believe they are the only set of Christian doing the work of God, once there was a time one of u told me how there was no heaven or earth anywhere... I became confuse again, cos going to another church will confuse me the more, different churches with their own teachings... Last last I gave up just to live and do what I know is right

33 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by chatinent: 11:10am On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Instead I will go to another church I rather remain a Catholic I was born into... I was not there when Catholic church was created but as a man would have intellect I should ask questions about this and that when am not cleared about something... The contradictory messages between churches is what is even bursting my head...

Outside hail Mary and so... I think it's only Catholic that believes in purgatory... I may be wrong though, I need clarity if I am....

Your JW self get their own, they believe they are the only set of Christian doing the work of God, once there was a time one of u told me how there was no heaven or earth anywhere... I became confuse again, cos going to another church will confuse me the more, different churches with their own teachings... Last last I gave up just to live and do what I know is right

No JW will tell you there is no heaven and hell. You'll only be told there is no hell fire. Aside believing they are the only right religion, which church believes they are fake?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 31, 2021
The first time I visited ( precisely, 2001), what made me stay was their way of worship which was different from the one I was born into.

Also, the type of preaching there captivated me. Everything is Bible based. They don't force man-made doctrines on their members. (At least the parishes iv attended so far).

Lastly, their style of praises was what got me stuck.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by federal9: 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

This is what am taking about ... You say am castigating the Catholic church, fine I may not have voiced my displeasure using the right grammar, as English no be my mate... But what am saying is that everyone has one or two things to say about their church being the best...

Good they have told us countless time how we pray to God through Mary to intercede for us and how its not worshiping but honour of some sort...

I can't just go on and on but there are so many things wrong with the church of today...

Guilty conscience. Stop mentioning me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Ayo081(m): 1:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
May God open our eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Ayo081(m): 2:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bigredmachine:

Hi friend smiley

all those are devices of the devil.

I want to ask, how's faith life and spiritual life like rn?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Nov 02, 2021
wordapostle:
Some of us they chose for us
Some choose for themselves
And some God choose for them

The last is my case
God does not choose church for any man. So please take responsibility for your choice. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by MightySparrow: 7:42am On Nov 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God does not choose church for any man. So please take responsibility for your choice. undecided
Are you everyone? When it comes to man and ' revelation' or God said, I have learned to leave them alone.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:52am On Nov 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Are you everyone? When it comes to man and ' revelation' or God said, I have learned to leave them alone.
Again,
Kobojunkie:
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by MightySparrow: 7:53am On Nov 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again,
Again, are you everyone or God's adviser?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Kobojunkie: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2021
MightySparrow:

Again, are you everyone or God's adviser?
Again....
Kobojunkie:
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by singlealone: 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
chatinent:

I gave up.

I am now one of the JW.
from frying pan to fire

16 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by chatinent: 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
singlealone:

from frying pan to fire

Yeah, I am burning like Shedrach.

11 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
chatinent:

I gave up.

I am now one of the JW.

I was a Muslim too before my conversion to JWs!
Truly JEHOVAH is rocking the nations and bringing out the desirable things:

‘And I will shake all the nations, and the precious things of all the nations will come in; and I will fill this house with glory,’ says Jehovah of armies. Haggai 2:7

I don't know who should welcome the other into the one and only big and happy family of peace loving organization! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Kfed4ril(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
chatinent:

I gave up.

I am now one of the JW.
JW doesn’t believe in the holy trinity?
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by haddeylium(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kfed4ril:

JW doesn’t believe in the holy trinity?

Maybe because they can't find TRINITY in the bible?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Choose Your Current Church? by Kfed4ril(m): 11:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bigredmachine:

The problem is that you don’t read your Bible, read your Bible and pray to God for understanding. Then your confusion will cease, because as a Christian you’re to fashion your life like Jesus, not as your priest or pastor.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.