Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 (28403 Views)

Cameroon’s Soldiers At Goshi, Kill 162 Boko Haram Militants (Photos) / 377 Cooperatives In Edo To Benefit From CBN N143m Intervention Fund / Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
since the bloodshed of the late 1960s, since the nation united to destroy the igbos, we have seen nothing but blood and tears in the nation. luckily we have started seeing the true colour of the northern islamic oligarchy. these people used the northern xtians and the southern minorities to inflict their mayhem, encouraged the ijaw to sieze the property of the igbos and declare it abandoned property. held the igbos down as the villians.

today what do we see? nigerian military kills ijaws in their land for their oil
nigerian military attack zaku-biam village in benue
islamic militia kill berom xtians in jos . . .

this is happening over and over again. when you chose to side with wicked people just to destroy the igbos, you forget that after the igbos are destroyed the wicked people you sided with are still wicked and will look for something to destroy. play with a tiger . . end up in its belly

[s]saro wiwa et al, MEND, now jos xtians(gowon's people) if i shed a tear for them . . i may have borrowed it from a crocodile[/s] . . i find it hard to cry for these people, as much as i dislike what happened in jos(the children and their mothers . .it is really hard not to feel pain for those photos) i still feel bitter at least for my father's sake, he was so destroyed by these people that he left nigeria as soon as the war ended and he still has the scars that tell the story . .
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Kratos007(m): 8:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
udennaa:

@kratos007 piss off if u have nothing meaningful to say
u talk well my brother

@udenna, go piddle a poodle ya spoonheaded self-servicer. he talks well? so the children that are being murdered like flies killed biafrans in the 60s? don't be obtuse. do you think gowon is affected personally by the carnage going on? stop talking like a child and call it as you see it. this has nothing to do with any repercussion or karma or whatever you want to call it. this is premeditated mass murder and genocide for flimsy reasons, whether they be religious or ethnic.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
Dede1:

The Jos massacre is pale in comparison to the pogrom of 1966 and yet some morons would stroll onto this forum to mouth-off that Biafrans should have turned the other cheek It was on record that forbearers of today’s victims had hands in pogrom of 1966. This is the beginning of future events.

If you have nothing positive to contribute to my post bagger off.

What kind of heart do you have to talk rubbish about Biafra that happened eons ago ? Does that in anyway justify the recent events in Jos.

Are you still bitter after so many years, if yes, go to God for prayer to heal your hardened heart.

And before you start ranting, I am also igbo.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by MrCrackles(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2010
frosbel:

What kind of heart do you have to talk rubbish about Biafra that happened eons ago ? Does that in anyway justify the recent events in Jos.

Are you still bitter after so many years, if yes, go to God for prayer to heal your hardened heart.

And before you start ranting, I am also igbo.
I wonder. . . .

Dede1:

The Jos massacre is pale in comparison to the pogrom of 1966 and yet some morons would stroll onto this forum to mouth-off that Biafrans should have turned the other cheek It was on record that forbearers of today’s victims had hands in pogrom of 1966. This is the beginning of future events.
Oxymoronic dimwit. . . .Get lost
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by bawomolo(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2010

an human life is an human life. Why should the number matter?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
frosbel:

Are you still bitter after so many years, if yes,

i dont know the person you are responding to, but let me tell you this, they say time heals every wound. but when the wound is some injustice, the only healing medicine is reconciliation. reconciliation starts by acknowledgement of injustice by the perpertrator, then request for forgiveness, then forgiveness follows and peace reigns . . . none of this has happened yet. you live in the UK, i do too, but i know that 40 yrs after the civil war, all the injustice that led to the war are still with us. all of them. nothing has changed. and you talk of time.

anyway, as someone posted, the victims of this attack had nothing to do with the injustice of the 1960s. true, but that injustice of the 1960s became the original sin for nigeria and until nigeria goes through the process of reconciliation as i outlined above, this kind of mess will continue. God is not dead. he visits the sins of the father unto the children and the children's children unto the 3rd and 4th generation. read ur bible (if u r a xtian). otherwise forget it, nigeria will never get it right and we will hear of another similar barbarism in less than a year.

NIGERIA MUST RECONCILE AND UNITE TO TAKE AWAY THE GUILT AND SIN OF THE GENOCIDE OF THE 60s OR ELSE THIS COUNTRY IS GOING NOWHERE
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2010
Otele shut up - you cannot define what the original sin of the country is.

Any lunatic can pick on one event and call it original sin - Nzeogwu killing people can be regarded as original sin, so can any other crime.

Only a naive and unrealistic person will believe that apologising will lead to anything changing - that is not the issue.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by asha80(m): 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
As i have always said the natives of jos should put this incident behind them and let peace reign so that the country can move forward undecided
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Mar 11, 2010
asha 80:

As i have always said the natives of jos should put this incident behind them and let peace reign so that the country can move forward undecided
Spot on. . . .
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by oderemo(m): 10:20pm On Mar 11, 2010
NIGERIA MUST RECONCILE AND UNITE TO TAKE AWAY THE GUILT AND SIN OF THE GENOCIDE OF THE 60s OR ELSE THIS COUNTRY IS GOING NOWHERE
@otele,this your BIAFRA thing is becoming a bore. if it will make you happy
i major general ode remo on behalf of all Nigerian apologise to the igbo for all atrocities knowingly and otherwise.
we are sorry. truly sorry. cant be more sorry.
infact sorry is now our breakfast , lunch and dinner.
are you happy now.,so we can all move on.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
deboski you cant shut the truth up . . . .

nzeogwu did his thing. it was nzeogwu doing it. with his gang of soldiers. but when 30,000 people are massacred, it was not done by a group of people, it was orchestrated. in the military, igbo officers were killed, in the police igbo officers were killed, in the civil service, igbos were selected and killed. it was systematic, it was all over the north and parts of the west. it was an ethnic cleansing. it was well planned and well executed progrom. what happened in jod can be blamed on a bunch of fulani herdsmen but what happened in the 60s cannot be blamed on just a group of men. it was a massive movement. . in jos, markurdi,katsina,ibadan,kano,kaduna,bauchi,gombe,yola,sokoto,zaria wukari,azare, maidugiri, minna,zungeru,  , . . it was planned . . . this was Nigeria's Original Sin and it cannot be swept under the carpet bc it has become a curse for nigeria. i'm not including the 2.5 million that died in the war. that is war. but the 30,000 that were hacked to death b4 the war

you cant shut it up. i agree that these kids had no hand in it, but this sin has become a curse hanging over nigeria. why is it that just when you think that nigeria is the worst, something happenes that is even worse than imagined . . it keeps getting worse
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by cold(m): 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2010
asha 80:

As i have always said the natives of jos should put this incident behind them and let peace reign so that the country can move forward  undecided

Do you honestly think the indigenes of jos wld let this go in the "God dey" kind of manner?If you lost your brothers,sisters,uncles,aunties & grannies in such a gruesome manner wld you be talkin of forgiveness?Think
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2010
ode remo:

@otele,this your BIAFRA thing is becoming a bore. if it will make you happy
i major general ode remo on behalf of all Nigerian apologise to the igbo for all atrocities knowingly and otherwise.
we are sorry. truly sorry. cant be more sorry.
infact sorry is now our breakfast , lunch and dinner.
are you happy now.,so we can all move on.

ode remo . . . lol . . that was funny . . .but my message isnt funny
1. i'm not advocating for biafra. i'm not sure i have even mentioned the word biafra b4 this post. i've been talking about igbos not biafrans. these are two different things. igbos are an ethnic group, biafrans are those who want a different country. the biafrans may be igbos but not all igbos are biafran supporters or massob supporters

2.i'm sorry for getting you bored. truth is boring, bitter and annoying but someone has got to say it cool
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by asha80(m): 10:33pm On Mar 11, 2010
cold:

Do you honestly think the indigenes of jos wld let this go in the "God dey" kind of manner?If you lost your brothers,sisters,uncles,aunties & grannies in such a gruesome manner wld you be talkin of forgiveness?Think

That is not the issue.Nigeria needs peace so the jos indegenes should think of the country since justice to the perpetrators might never be served(there is no history of that in nigera).They should just forget it after all they are not the first people it has happened to
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
asha 80:

That is not the issue.Nigeria needs peace so the jos indegenes should think of the country since justice to the perpetrators might never be served(there is no history of that in nigera).They should just forget it after all they are not the first people it has happened to

yes, that is the way nigeria works. something this bad happens and you say forget it. nothing happens and then after sometime another one happens and we say forget it. once we forget it, we unwittingly trivialise it and then it will repeat.

we've been ''forgetting'' things for over 5 decades and they kept repeating
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by EzeUche(m): 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2010
asha 80:

Shut up! angry

It is easy for you to say this, since your loved one has not died in this conflict.

They should get their revenge. I am tired of Christians screaming turn the other cheek. This country is sinking fast, so let them seek their revenge.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by babylishus: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2010
Good LORD,

Y'know, I think the best thing would be for me to just leave this nairaland because all I ever seem to see on the pages is not rational discourse but the same old 'Biafra', 'Gowon's people must pay', 'Kafirs must die', 'we hate southerners/northerners/Christians/Muslim' CRAP!!!
lipsrsealed
Or better yet, maybe I should just relegate myself to the entertainment page and discuss trivial things,

This doesn't seem to be working at all,
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by asha80(m): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2010
otele:

yes, that is the way nigeria works. something this bad happens and you say forget it. nothing happens and then after sometime another one happens and we say forget it. once we forget it, we unwittingly trivialise it and then it will repeat.

we've been ''forgetting'' things for over 5 decades and they kept repeating

Otele ihe mu a na-ekwu wu okwu arurala  tongue

EzeUche:

Shut up! angry

It is easy for you to say this, since your loved one has not died in this conflict.

They should get their revenge. I am tired of Christians screaming turn the other cheek. This country is sinking fast, so let them seek their revenge.

Bia e kwesiri i ma ihe mere m ji e kwu ihe nkwuga  tongue
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by otele(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
@asha 80

odighi fair. odikwa serious.

@topic
the only way forward is reconciliation. no amt of security forces can protect the volatile nothern region for 24hrs everyday. the 2 groups must reconcile. reconciliation is key. nigeria is dying and we must reconcile the country so that it may become a nation
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2010
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by asha80(m): 10:55pm On Mar 11, 2010
Where did the above demonstration happen?
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
asha 80:

Where did the above demonstration happen?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/1043075/1/.html
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by tunnytox(m): 11:34pm On Mar 11, 2010
Can someone tell this otele to shut up! why can't you just start another thread to propagate your obsession with biafra and forgiveness from Nigerians instead of derailing this thread. angry angry angry
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by 006(m): 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2010
This Jos thing is getting out of hand!
If Jos indigenes are killed, they should just move on or abandon Nigeria and move to Cameroon.
They MUST desist from doing anything to destabilise Nigeria.
I think Hausa/Fulanis have the right to hack down anyone they feel like killing since Nigerians have always supported them.
This is not NEW!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by ayettymama(f): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2010
^^ they do- even the richest ones! but they still want to go to other countries and 'take over'

they wanna wear hijab in catholic schools, they wanna form mosques in churches

they want thier holidays to be declared 'official'

they want schools to close at 1

they want the world to rotae arnd them! i seriousl dont get these animals!
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by dmxqo(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
*crying*
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 12, 2010
Nigeria needs a pocahontas for sure.

No joke intended.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by utotomi50(m): 1:19am On Mar 12, 2010
hmmmm, Nigeria has changed since I left. I've seen some really horrible pictures on facebook. I'm just wondering if its still safe. (Any answers?) shocked shocked
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by mamagee3(f): 1:55am On Mar 12, 2010
Here we go again, The Nigerian Police doing what they do best
arresting innocent bypassers to deceive the Nigerian people. . .
abeg, let them go out there and bring the REAL people behind this massacre. . .
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by sjeezy8: 2:20am On Mar 12, 2010
One thing is that the Nigerian govt has reduced Nigerians to is people who cant think past religion or ethnicity. Its crazyyyyy

Im tired of hearing about Jesus or muhammed and yoruba igbo ijaw hausas. It has severly handicapped all people.  From the fake pastors everywhere to child witches, religous and ethnic clashes. Man they have really fukd Nigeria up CRAZY.

Praying every damn time and fasting- im sooo tired of hearing those things- angry It makes me sick to my stomach both christians and muslims of Nigeria have issues. Muslims are violent and christian believe every child that is handicapped is a witch or is cursed.
Re: Plateau Massacre : Police arrest 377 suspects, prosecute 162 by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 12, 2010
What Nigeria and anyother country with the tribal issues need is a national radio air play of Little Roy's song entitled "Tribal war".  cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

EFCC Chairman: Yet Another Notherner, Are Southerners Incapable? FFK Asks Buhari / Photos Of Buhari At A Meeting With Parents Of Chibok Girls Today / Happening Now: Reno Omokri Opens The Rotten Egg, Digs Out ALL Lai's GEJ Bashing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.