Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south (1886 Views)

Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South / Davido: No PDP Agent In Ward 007, 012 In Olode, Ife South LGA - Davido Tweets / Governor Aregbesola Inspects Bisi Akande Trumpet Bridge, Gbongan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by londonrivals: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2017
Osun state Governor Rauf Aregbesola on inspection tours to some govt. schools under renovations in Ife-South Local Government Area. See photos below

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/10/photos-gov-aregbesola-inspects-govt.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by adem30: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
There is no state in Nigeria that can boast of School structures Gov. Aregbesola put in place in Osun state.

My Kwara State just get bad luck in having Governors

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:
There is no state in Nigeria that can boast of School structures Gov. Aregbesola put in place in Osun state.

Are you aware of the debt the governor put Osun in to build those schools ?
The guy has technically spent all project funds and half of staff salary in osun for 20 years to come. What's the wisdom building schools on heavy debt and risk the graduates of those schools going to work in portharcourt and lagos while civil servant salary is being used to pay the debt?
Osun state right now is like a man who has borrowed heavily beyond his income to put his children who won't be ready to work in 15 yrs time in good schools and pay thier fees upfront. He now uses his feeding money to pay loan interest because those he borrowed from have the power to deduct their money at paymemt source. I pity Osun people.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
This is another reason to restructure. Will Aregbesola borrow into the 20 year projected income of the states whthout people revolting if the state IGR was being used to run the state's affair?
The man knows oil money is like a loot (civil war booty) in Nigeria and has found a way to loot the projected FG allocation fund of years ahead by borrowing heavily to fund questionable projects. I pity Niger Deltans. The day your oil dries up Nigeria will break up. Do the maths there is oil in Chad, camerooun, Niger republic. It is a matter of time b4 Arewa announce their 'bad' news.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by adem30: 12:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Desyner:
The guy has technically spent all project funds and half of staff salary in osun for 20 years to come. What's the wisdom building schools on heavy debt and risk the graduates of those schools going to work in portharcourt and lagos while civil servant salary is being used to pay the debt?
Osun state right now is like a man who has borrowed heavily beyond his income to put his children who won't be ready to work in 15 yrs time in good schools and pay thier fees upfront. He now uses his feeding money to pay loan interest because those he borrowed from have the power to deduct their money at paymemt source. I pity Osun people.

I'm not here to counter your view, I'm only here to appreciate what I see and compare to state with heavy debt with nothing to show for it. In the next 15years if those structures are well maintained, no administration in Osun will need to spend such money on school structure again. Now come down to my state, check the debt of my state, check the infrastructures in my state, then you will appreciate Osun state government. We don't have road, compare to Osun, No other infrastructures yet there are heavy debt and they can't even pay salary

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:

I'm not here to counter your view, I'm only here to appreciate what I see and compare to state with heavy debt with nothing to show for it. In the next 15years if those structures are well maintained, no administration in Osun will need to spend such money on school structure again. Now come down to my state, check the debt of my state, check the infrastructures in my state, then you will appreciate Osun state government. We don't have road, compare to Osun, No other infrastructures yet there are heavy debt and they can't even pay salary
Are you kidding me? What's the IGR of your state? Do you know what recurrent expenditure is? The cost of running those school for 7-8 years will build them. You don't understand the economics them.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by seunowa(f): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
Desyner:
how much is d debt?....i need u to tell me b4 I can respond appropriately to ur post

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
seunowa:
how much is d debt?....i need u to tell me b4 I can respond appropriately to ur post
While I can'j give you the exact figure because Aregbe has suppressed that info, I can confidently tell you that it is huge. If it isn't huge how come its repayment is huge ? Debt repayment structure tell alot about the debt themselves. What does FG deduct from Osun to service the state loan on monthly basis? Juxtapose that with the undenied report that the debt should take over 15 years to clear and do the maths. The final (precise figure) answer to your question lies in that the answer to that question.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by adem30: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Desyner:
Are you kidding me? What's the IGR of your state? Do you know what recurrent expenditure is? The cost of running those school for 7-8 years will build them. You don't understand the economics them.
Okay, come and show me where my Governor built his own and other infrastructure. You are only talking of paper economics here, while I'm talking about what you can see
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Kyase(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:

e reach Benue?
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by seunowa(f): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Desyner post=61066097]While I can'j give you the exact figure because Aregbe has suppressed that info, I can confidently tell you that it is huge. If it isn't huge how come its repayment is huge ? Debt repayment structure tell alot about the debt themselves. What does FG deduct from Osun to service the state loan on monthly basis? Juxtapose that with the undenied report that the debt should take over 15 years to clear and do the maths. The final (precise figure) answer to your question lies in that the answer to that question. [/quote...I really like d way u put it across but Osun state is currently oweing a debt in d region of #147billion...not #600billion said by opposition party(pdp)...one can not deny dat there hav been massive infrastructural development wic were in no existence b4 dis administration came onboard especially schools and roadnetwork in Osun state compare to Oyinlola administration..go to oshogbo and look at d schools and other projects built by past administrations and d present one...No schools frm oda state apart frm Lagos and anambra state can stand side by side with school in Osun state..Aregbe shud be investigated for sure if foun wanting he shud be prosecuted according to d law
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by seunowa(f): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:

Good post...dis is wat I av been saying..some pple don't even knw where oshogbo is but like making statements dat are not correct..he was recently exonerated of any financial recklessness ova d spending of Paris club fund by d icpc afta various petitions by opposition party..
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by adem30: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Kyase:
e reach Benue?

E fit don pass Benue, because we do not have governor again, but a house keeper/boy while our real governor is presiding at the Senate
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Kyase(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:

E fit don pass Benue, because we so not have governor again, but a house keeper/boy while our real governor is presiding at the Senate
same with us
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=seunowa post=61068297][/quote]Stop talking like everyone is a parasitic soul.
He built schnols but do schools pay salary of teacher or IGR ?
What did he achieve in terms of IGR increase ?
That's like a father that borrows beyond his means to buy dstv, car, and luxury apartment forgetting that he needs to refuel his car at intervals. Pay subscription etc. When he can no longer feed his children due to heavy loan repayment obligation' do you think his family should praise him ? Please answer.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
adem30:

Okay, come and show me where my Governor built his own and other infrastructure. You are only talking of paper economics here, while I'm talking about what you can see
believe your state is better.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by shaddoww: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
As much as Arsgbesola as failed in some aspect, we still can't deny d fact dat he as done well in some aspect. If d money he borrowed weren't for a good purpose den we can say he is wasteful n incompetent. But looking at d things dis money were spent compared to wat others are doing across d country especially d past government in Osun dat borrowed billions to build 6 stadia. Then I think Aregbesola is better.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by shaddoww: 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Desyner:
Stop talking like everyone is a parasitic soul.
He built schnols but do schools pay salary of teacher or IGR ?
What did he achieve in terms of IGR increase ?
That's like a father that borrows beyond his means to buy dstv, car, and luxury apartment forgetting that he needs to refuel his car at intervals. Pay subscription etc. When he can no longer feed his children due to heavy loan repayment obligation' do you think his family should praise him ? Please answer.
Bros seeost times we blame dis people wrongly though we shouldn't b praising dem either since dey signed up for d job. But in a state like Osun hw do u expect d government to generate IGR dat can match its allocation or even half of it? I would like u to enumerate ways u think dey can achieve dis, if u can provide a very reasonable n workable way of achieving dis, den I respect u more.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by shaddoww: 5:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=seunowa post=61068297][/quote]
The current debt isn't even up to dat anymore cos a lot has been deducted thus far. But wat pains me is dat people dat claim to b literate are even d one putting up dumb arguments. A state like Osun With d state of things wen Aregbesola came in, really needed lots of infrastructural revolution. No good roads, no good schools, no good hospitals n all other infrastructures were in good shape n d only way things could turn around was for government to invest heavily in infrastructure development n d only way to achieve dis was to borrow money to do this things since federal allocations only cum d following month n u can't av ur full allocation at once, so u borrow n repay as money comes in. But over borrowing is wat is very foolish.
So if we are to judge d government, we av to look at all dat its has earned viz a viz d developments in d state.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
shaddoww:

Bros seeost times we blame dis people wrongly though we shouldn't b praising dem either since dey signed up for d job. But in a state like Osun hw do u expect d government to generate IGR dat can match its allocation or even half of it? I would like u to enumerate ways u think dey can achieve dis, if u can provide a very reasonable n workable way of achieving dis, den I respect u more.
Firsly, if you are saying it is impossible to increase IGR to surpass allocation then you are implying Osun state economically unviable.
Now to the question of how I expect the state to increase IGR, It is extremely simple.
Using Garment Factory Aregbe built as a case study, he should av focused on building more income generating infrastructures first then proceed to utilize the income from it. Now that he has built schools is there any form of binding agreement that force the graduates of those schools to return home and build Osun? The answer is ''No''. That means a student will eat free and enjoy reduced fees at the expense nf Osun state only to go to Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Lagos, Abeokuta, Ilorin, Port harcourt, Abuja, Calabar to work in factories, I mean factories like the garment factory in Osun state.
The problem now is why didn't Osun govt balance the building of self-sustaining factories against the schools and roads it built so that income from one offsets the recurrent cost of the other ?
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
shaddoww:

The current debt isn't even up to dat anymore cos a lot has been deducted thus far. But wat pains me is dat people dat claim to b literate are even d one putting up dumb arguments. A state like Osun With d state of things wen Aregbesola came in, really needed lots of infrastructural revolution. No good roads, no good schools, no good hospitals n all other infrastructures were in good shape n d only way things could turn around was for government to invest heavily in infrastructure development n d only way to achieve dis was to borrow money to do this things since federal allocations only cum d following month n u can't av ur full allocation at once, so u borrow n repay as money comes in. But over borrowing is wat is very foolish.
So if we are to judge d government, we av to look at all dat its has earned viz a viz d developments in d state.
Does infrastructure like feedinga and paying idle hands sound good to you ?
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by shaddoww: 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2017
[quote author=Desyner post=61076820]Does infrastructure like feedinga and paying idle hands sound good to you ?[/quote

I don't understand wat u meant by paying idle hands. And for skul feeding, u need to know dat most of dis kids are from broken homes, from homes where their parents gave birth to more dan dey can raise, and most of their parents don't even care if they go to skull or not. So wat d government did was an incentive to attract dis kids to soul, to give dem sound mind in order to b focused in skul n to keep dem in skul. I can tell u dat dis yielded d desired result as can b confirmed from Google, hw d enrollment ratio increased geometrically. So I don't think dis is something to b condemned at all, rather encouraged cos it is yielding results as expected. U don't change a working formula, u can only update.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
shaddoww
Stop distorting you quotes so I can answer your propaganda very well.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by DVanguard: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
Does infrastructure like feedinga and paying idle hands sound good to you ?

We all need to understand the cycle of development and economics. Feeding program is a good venture if we embrace and understand the good about it. We criticize everything, without taking a deep look at the merit and demerit.
Let share my view on feeding program; Feeding School Children is a program that creates a value chain of development, job creating and economic activities. Feeding children means foodstuffs needs to be purchased, somebody has to cultivate them, somebody has to transport them, somebody will cook the food, somebody will be incharge of payment children will be encourage to go back to school or willing to learn, etc
Back to Osun State, the feeding program ensured that 60% of the food stuffs were sourced locally, from Chicken, Fish, eggs, cocoa-yam, etc. What these implies, is that more people are encouraged to go into farming cos there is a sure market for their products.
Your understanding of Infrastructure is interesting, U speak of the government embarking on projects it cannot fund directly, to be sincere no serious business man funds capital/infrastructural project with liquid cash,they are most time funded with loans (debt). I guess you don't have a picture of how Osun state was before and how it is now. If the Government decide not to do any meaningful project in 2017, it won't still be able to pay salaries.
I agree with you that if the position pushed by the initial speaker is right Osun state is not economically viable. I think you are correct. The fact is Osun is not economically viable, for Osun to be economically viable, the government that will do that should forget 2nd term, forget the hate they spill against him/her. The first hurdle is 60 -70% of the work force should go, increase their wages and provided JD (Job Description), Restructure the Civil Service, make the civil service a place information can be gotten easily without any delay. Osun situation is complex.
I guess with my submission you will say i am wicked, but the fact remains with the current over bloated and inefficient civil servants, anybody who leads Osun will get his fingers burnt.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Ovamboland(m): 11:20am On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
Firsly, if you are saying it is impossible to increase IGR to surpass allocation then you are implying Osun state economically unviable.
Now to the question of how I expect the state to increase IGR, It is extremely simple.
Using Garment Factory Aregbe built as a case study, he should av focused on building more income generating infrastructures first then proceed to utilize the income from it. Now that he has built schools is there any form of binding agreement that force the graduates of those schools to return home and build Osun? The answer is ''No''. That means a student will eat free and enjoy reduced fees at the expense nf Osun state only to go to Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Lagos, Abeokuta, Ilorin, Port harcourt, Abuja, Calabar to work in factories, I mean factories like the garment factory in Osun state.
The problem now is why didn't Osun govt balance the building of self-sustaining factories against the schools and roads it built so that income from one offsets the recurrent cost of the other ?

That's where we got things wrong, investment in education and infrastructure won't increase your IGR overnight. The real dividend will come when investors begin to locate their businesses in Osun because of good Infrastructure and well trained manpower.
The SW is today enjoying the huge investment in mass education made in the 1950s.

What kind of business can the government invest in with their 2bn monthly allocation and 1bn IGR?

What Osun is seeing today is the sacrificial phase a patient undergoing surgery to remove a tumour. The patient must bleed and feel great pain during and immediately after the operation. But they must not out of frustration bring a government that will reverse the plan or abandon the projects for temporary relief of flowing money to politicians and hangers on.

It's like the earlier patient getting careless and not cleaning the surgical wounds and taking the right drugs which will invite infection.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 11:38am On Oct 04, 2017
Ovamboland:

That's where we got things wrong, investment in education and infrastructure won't increase your IGR overnight. The real dividend will come when investors begin to locate their businesses in Osun because of good Infrastructure and well trained manpower.
The SW is today enjoying the huge investment in mass education made in the 1950s.

What kind of business can the government invest in with their 2bn monthly allocation and 1bn IGR?

What Osun is seeing today is the sacrificial phase a patient undergoing surgery to remove a tumour. The patient must bleed and feel great pain during and immediately after the operation. But they must not out of frustration bring a government that will reverse the plan or abandon the projects for temporary relief of flowing money to politicians and hangers on.

It's like the earlier patient getting careless and not cleaning the surgical wounds and taking the right drugs which will invite infection.
I disagree with you man.
1) Is there any binding agreement that guaranty the graduate coming back to work for Osun.
2) Now that the school can't be sustained (half-salary) isn't it better the govt had invested in an industrial estate right in Osun instead of training people who may not work for Osun soon?
3) The notion that govt shouldn't be involve in business is trash. If it isn't right move then why is same govt involved in free-feeding and payment of idle hands ?
Let the govt invite foreign investors with technical knowlegde plus part of the capital then let the govt provide the remaining capital + land + industrial estate + power + security within the vicinity of the industrial estate and product/personnel movement. That way the investor or technical patners are guaranteed they aren't alone in any way. What's there in providing good environment?
Instead in his quest to impress like a rascal, he built beautiful schools that increased recurrent expenditures of the state and left the IGR that's suppose to sustain recurrent expenditures to suffer. The man fùcked up big time. No argument you try presenting can confuse any ardent follower of happenings in Osun.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 11:57am On Oct 04, 2017
DaVanguard:

We all need to understand the cycle of development and economics. Feeding program is a good venture if we embrace and understand the good about it. We criticize everything, without taking a deep look at the merit and demerit.
Let share my view on feeding program; Feeding School Children is a program that creates a value chain of development, job creating and economic activities. Feeding children means foodstuffs needs to be purchased, somebody has to cultivate them, somebody has to transport them, somebody will cook the food, somebody will be incharge of payment children will be encourage to go back to school or willing to learn, etc
Back to Osun State, the feeding program ensured that 60% of the food stuffs were sourced locally, from Chicken, Fish, eggs, cocoa-yam, etc. What these implies, is that more people are encouraged to go into farming cos there is a sure market for their products.
Your understanding of Infrastructure is interesting, U speak of the government embarking on projects it cannot fund directly, to be sincere no serious business man funds capital/infrastructural project with liquid cash,they are most time funded with loans (debt). I guess you don't have a picture of how Osun state was before and how it is now. If the Government decide not to do any meaningful project in 2017, it won't still be able to pay salaries.
I agree with you that if the position pushed by the initial speaker is right Osun state is not economically viable. I think you are correct. The fact is Osun is not economically viable, for Osun to be economically viable, the government that will do that should forget 2nd term, forget the hate they spill against him/her. The first hurdle is 60 -70% of the work force should go, increase their wages and provided JD (Job Description), Restructure the Civil Service, make the civil service a place information can be gotten easily without any delay. Osun situation is complex.
I guess with my submission you will say i am wicked, but the fact remains with the current over bloated and inefficient civil servants, anybody who leads Osun will get his fingers burnt.
You keep saying somebody has to supply food, chicken, cook them and economic opportunity blah blah blah, you must think we are all daft.
Please tell me who is supplying the chicken, cocoa yam and cooking them now that the free oil money has reduced?
People like you who side with evil due to personal interest and ignorance are big part of the problem of this continent. You think that your logic of economic cycle you narrate holds water abi. Is an economy sustained by unpredictable inflow of gift (federal allocation) or wealth creation ?
Say something more reasonable mr man.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Desyner: 12:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ovamboland:

Hear yourself again, was Osun mo nthly allocation between 2011 and 2014 N2B ? It averaged over N5B and that's Aregbe was building talking drum, buying IPAD, dashing money out, buying helicopter etc stop distorting and hiding the ugly part of the facts.

Stop using that analogy of a patient going through pain. Is free feeding, helicopter, talking drum etc sacrifice ?
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by intruxive(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
Your view is myopic and is a result of you having lived for too long under faulty governance wr u have been made to believe that governance is only about sharing and eating every revenue and allocations received with only a minute emphasis on capital and human resource development.
The entire yoruba race can boast of a comprehensive edge in educational advancement to their neighbors in the same country because of Awolowo's free and compulsory education policy ( the best inheritance you can live for your wards is a quality educational institution)
Thanks to ogbeni world class schools are not exclusive of the rich in osun, watch out in a few years and see us export expertrates to ur backward enclave to colonize u all over again (albeit in factories, companies, health care, schools et al)
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by intruxive(m): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
This is another reason to restructure. Will Aregbesola borrow into the 20 year projected income of the states whthout people revolting if the state IGR was being used to run the state's affair?
The man knows oil money is like a loot (civil war booty) in Nigeria and has found a way to loot the projected FG allocation fund of years ahead by borrowing heavily to fund questionable projects. I pity Niger Deltans. The day your oil dries up Nigeria will break up. Do the maths there is oil in Chad, camerooun, Niger republic. It is a matter of time b4 Arewa announce their 'bad' news.
Read this again. You made zero sense
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by intruxive(m): 12:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
Again another dumb argument, china had this same policy years ago. They invested a lot in education sent their kidds on scholarship in advanced countries encouraged them to get jobs in companies overseas and grow through the rank and later started inviting these ppl back with juicy offers and an opportunity to pioneer their economic dream. Viola here we are today china has taken over. So mr itk, aregbe is exactly doing what we expect him to do with our money (develope our state) can u kindly go and meet obiano who is not owing kobo and has developed anambla to dubai and leave osun state alone.
Re: PHOTOS: Gov. Aregbesola Inspects Govt Schools In Ife-south by Ovamboland(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Desyner:
I disagree with you man.
1) Is there any binding agreement that guaranty the graduate coming back to work for Osun.
2) Now that the school can't be sustained (half-salary) isn't it better the govt had invested in an industrial estate right in Osun instead of training people who may not work for Osun soon?
3) The notion that govt shouldn't be involve in business is trash. If it isn't right move then why is same govt involved in free-feeding and payment of idle hands ?
Let the govt invite foreign investors with technical knowlegde plus part of the capital then let the govt provide the remaining capital + land + industrial estate + power + security within the vicinity of the industrial estate and product/personnel movement. That way the investor or technical patners are guaranteed they aren't alone in any way. What's there in providing good environment?
Instead in his quest to impress like a rascal, he built beautiful schools that increased recurrent expenditures of the state and left the IGR that's suppose to sustain recurrent expenditures to suffer. The man fùcked up big time. No argument you try presenting can confuse any ardent follower of happenings in Osun.

It is never a better option to leave a large part of your population uneducated because you want to invest the money in running business. If the means to invest is there by all means do. But faced with meager resources, the most sensible investment is education, health and infrastructure. It's a tried and tested means in Western region and not just a theory.
Investors can bring in multiples of whatever the state can raise in the nearest future with proper infrastructure and trained workforce in place

Aregbesolas gamble would have worked seamlessly if not for the sudden 60% drop in revenue.
The main issue with his choices is the inability to pay salaries after meeting his loan obligations. Otherwise the investment will eventually yield. It would have been a catastrophe and tragedy if the money had ended up mainly in private hands.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asset Forfeiture: When Will Dino Melaye Cars And Tinubu Private Jet Be Seized? / Hope & Restoration 2019: Why Atiku Is The Best Man For The Job / Voters Turnout In Anambra Has Always Be Low Even B4 IPOB Boycott Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.