Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame (1870 Views)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom / Sony Ericsson or Nokia - which is better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame by kosovo(m): 4:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
As of now, the market isn’t really chock-full of compact Android phones. When you look at the existing lineup, you see the rather large products like the Motorola DROID (MILESTONE) and the Google Nexus One and some that are considerably smaller like the HTC DROID ERIS. Maybe it was this market gap that Sony Ericsson has noticed when coming up with the idea of the Xperia X10 mini we first saw at this year’s MWC. Actually, the manufacturer has literally taken the term “compact” to a whole new level (that is, in terms of Android handsets) with this phone. (Yeah, we said we want compact, but this here’s something else!)

As the name implies, the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini is a shrunken down version of the Xperia X10. In contrast to what Nokia did with the N97 mini however, Sony Ericsson has gone to extremes here, and the X10 mini is now one of the tiniest handsets of all times. It has kept the “human curvature” design with soft-touch coating on the back, which makes it pleasant to hold.

You may find the screen surprisingly small – only 2.55 inches with QVGA resolution. The image quality is nice and since the touch technology is capacitive, using the display is a fun experience. In the software part we’ll see how the manufacturer has transformed the user interface so it is easy to use on a screen that small.

All the keys on our prototype unit felt nice, with distinct enough click. All but the lock button, which lacked almost any travel, but we hope this is a flaw of our unit only. On the back you have a 5MP camera with autofocus and an LED flash, as well as the loudspeaker.

The connectors you’ll find on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini are standard microUSB and 3.5mm.

Re: Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame by hayprof(m): 2:56am On Mar 08, 2010
What speaks for your topic header ?
Re: Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame by Wylout: 10:13am On Mar 16, 2010
abeg oh!! help me ask am!! I just got my n97mini and believe me it rocks!!!
Re: Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame by debedebe(m): 11:08am On Mar 16, 2010
wylout u don get d sturf finally,hope u dey enjoy am?
Re: Why Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Puts Nokia N97 Mini To Shame by Wylout: 11:17am On Mar 16, 2010
men d phone make sense die

(1) (Reply)

In Search Of Shmessenger Handler / Help! My 10 Password Attempts On My Blackberry! / Unlocked Mtn Fastlink E170 Still Refusing To Connect With Glo, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.