Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think (3687 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Interview Experience / SBC (Seven-up Bottling Company) Graduate Trainee Interview Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 4:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
Earlier today I was in an interview session with an MD of a very big group... These are the conclusive part of the whole session .. Please help me with possible assumptions.

1. What would he have meant by asking if the number on my CV was accurate and correct and that I should cross check

2. Was asking the exact route and cost from my place of residence to the office

3. He really pestered me until I was able to mention my acceptable remuneration

4. Then he said he wasn't interested in asking me long questions cos he knows what he is looking for when he sees it. He added that even those who are asked numerous questions and who pass them may not perform at the end of the day.

5. This one may sound usual but he said " we would get back to you "

The last comment in his words I quote " you will hear from us" and of course he did this with a hand shake.

Did I tell you we both wore smiling faces throughout the session

Please guys even if you don't know what to say , just score my chances over 100%

Thanks
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Dominionforlife: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
Go for thanksgiving in advance because God has given you the job.

5 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by paymentvoucher: 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
The Job is yours by God's grace

3 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
First thing is this, I want to know how this ends.

The first question was to check your stupidity or ability to be humble and actually recheck even when you're 101% sure.

The second question was to check your communication skills and calmness. It's your house, you have gone there more than 1,000 times. Can you explain how you do it in a calm and refined manner?

Question three was to know your worth. If he had to pester you to give a figure, you fuvked up big time.

Number five sounds generic and withdrawn. If he was really into you, I'd expect a reply like you'd hear from me (or us).

If I'm going to be honest, I think you won't get the job. I hope I'm wrong though.

Good luck.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by jd1986(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
Pray that the HR doesn't have his/her own candidate...Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by paymentvoucher: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
You are correct. that is how I lost an international job because of favouritism
jd1986:
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Dominionforlife:
Go for thanksgiving in advance because God has given you the job.

For real??

Amen... Will quote you when it happens
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
NairaSand:
First thing is this, I want to know how this ends.

The first question was to check your stupidity or ability to be humble and actually recheck even when you're 101% sure.

The second question was to check your communication skills and calmness. It's your house, you have gone there more than 1,000 times. Can you explain how you do it in a calm and refined manner?

Question three was to know your worth. If he had to pester you to give a figure, you fuvked up big time.

Number five sounds generic and withdrawn. If he was really into you, I'd expect a reply like you'd hear from me (or us).

If I'm going to be honest, I think you won't get the job. I hope I'm wrong though.

Good luck.

The last comment in his words I quote " you will hear from us" and of course he did this with a hand shake.

Did I tell you we both wore smiling faces throughout the session .

2 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2017
jd1986:

I don't think....

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
enshi:

Fantastic then.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
Pray against Disappointment.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by ammyluv2002(f): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
God will help you....just relax your mind! It will end in praise.

All the best

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
NairaSand:

Fantastic then.

I guess you are 100% positive??
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
Equal2DeTask:
Pray against Disappointment.

I would.... Pls you too can put in some words for me too
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
ammyluv2002:
God will help you....just relax your mind! It will end in praise.

All the best

Thanks love.... Ee don tey wey I quote you here sha... Thanks again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by amicable09(f): 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
OP I've been in your shoes many times than I can number. I think of all the interviews I've attended in life, it was only two of them I came out very confident because the interviews were like a walk in the park for me. However, the majority of them saw me replaying my answers in my head after the interviews.

I shouldn't have said that.
I should have complimented on the lady's dress when she said something nice about my trousers.
I should not have been too forward when I told them about my last pay.
I should have sat up straighter than I did.
I shouldn't have made all those hand gestures like I did. It must have been distracting.

Oh! Will I make it to the next stage? Will I be called for the job? Will I? Will they?

That's perfectly normal but this is what I'll say, there's very little or nothing you can do to change what has happened but you can pray about it and confess positive things.

Keep saying the outcome favours you whether good or bad. It's working in your favour. You're not disadvantaged. You'll not be short changed. The more you say those words, the calmer you will be. Such that whatever the outcome, you're better prepared for the next shot.

Best wishes as you await their response.

8 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by judchuks20(m): 9:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
We invite you to attend Made in Nigeria Conference & Awards 2017.

Register FREE @ https://www.eventbrite.com/e/made-in-nigeria-conference-awards-2017-tickets-38174069670
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 9:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
amicable09:
OP I've been in your shoes many times than I can number. I think of all the interviews I've attended in life, it was only two of them I came out very confident because the interviews were like a walk in the park for me. However, the majority of them saw me replaying my answers in my head after the interviews.

I shouldn't have said that.
I should have complimented on the lady's dress when she said something nice about my trousers.
I should not have been too forward when I told them about my last pay.
I should have sat up straighter than I did.
I shouldn't have made all those hand gestures like I did. It must have been distracting.

Oh! Will I make it to the next stage? Will I be called for the job? Will I? Will they?

That's perfectly normal but this is what I'll say, there's very little or nothing you can do to change what has happened but you can pray about it and confess positive things.

Keep saying the outcome favours you whether good or bad. It's working in your favour. You're not disadvantaged. You'll not be short changed. The more you say those words, the calmer you will be. Such that whatever the outcome, you're better prepared for the next shot.

Best wishes as you await their response.

Still need ur rating over 100%
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
There's no point worrying yourself. I doubt you'd get an explanation here that will help your case. How they respond don't bother me anymore.

All the interview I've had, except the first, exuded confidence and knowledge. At least that is what I got. But to get a call back has been hell.

At a point I was beginning to think it is spiritualcheesy. I think HR's and interviewers in Nigeria are confused. Don't stress yourself about what you can't control.

4 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by amicable09(f): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
enshi:

Lol. As the girlfriend of the MD wey I be na?

Or as the omnipresent that I've suddenly become

I wasn't there with you and I can't rate you based on what you wrote here as your responses because it isn't and cannot be 100% accurate. If you were sweating while saying those words, how can I judge? If you were stammering, is it captured in this thread? If you were smiling at the paper the MD was holding rather than looking him in the eye, how can I tell? If your smile was awkward and fake, Will amicable know?

How about your dressing?
How about your general body care?
Your handshake?

Uncle, I'm a strick examiner. You don't want me to ever mark you in your absence because I'm very thorough. Very very. And detailed too. I observe things you wouldn't even expect me to take note on. That's how I am.

Without forgetting that an interview is not all about talk. Your body language speaks.

Be your own judge.
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
amicable09:

Lol. As the girlfriend of the MD wey I be na?

Or as the omnipresent that I've suddenly become

I wasn't there with you and I can't rate you based on what you wrote here as your responses because it isn't and cannot be 100% accurate. If you were sweating while saying those words, how can I judge? If you were stammering, is it captured in this thread? If you were smiling at the paper the MD was holding rather than looking him in the eye, how can I tell? If I smile was awkward and fake, Will amicable know?

How about your dressing?
How about your general body care?
Your handshake?

Uncle, I'm a strick examiner. You don't want me to ever mark you in your absence because I'm very thorough. Very very. And detailed too. I observe things you wouldn't even expect me to take note on. That's how I am.

Without forgetting that an interview is not all about talk. Your body language speaks.

Be your own judge.

I still demand ur rating
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by amicable09(f): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
enshi:

I still demand ur rating
Where dog dey sleep, nyanga dey go wake am cheesy
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Finstar: 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Op.. You lack confidence and I can bet my balls that you won't get that job.. I'm not wishing you bad.. Just stating an obvious truth.. Your constant strive to get a rating shows that deep inside you, you know you fuvked up.. You're just here seeking for consolence. Face reality bro..

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 5:14am On Oct 04, 2017
Finstar:
Op.. You lack confidence and I can bet my balls that you won't get that job.. I'm not wishing you bad.. Just stating an obvious truth.. Your constant strive to get a rating shows that deep inside you, you know you fuvked up.. You're just here seeking for consolence. Face reality bro..

Will quote you when I do
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:08am On Oct 04, 2017
enshi:

I would.... Pls you too can put in some words for me too
k

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Melian(f): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2017
enshi:

Instead of being thankful for the insight she gave you're typing this. If you're doubtful of your performance, at least you can learn a thing or two from what she wrote.
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Melian(f): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2017
NairaSand 's analysis is accurate, you should take it and not bother yourself with more validation. However, his interpretation of "we would get back to you" isn't entirely correct. From my experience, "we would get back to you" swings both ways. I also disagree with him that you won't get the job. Only your interviewer will know that. Good luck.

P.S- the first question is the first test of your confidence level and attention to details. Just that. Nothing like humility. If you glanced at your cv for a split second, you may have failed depending on whether or not your interviewer gives second chances.

1 Like

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by enshi(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2017
Melian:
NairaSand 's analysis is accurate, you should take it and not bother yourself with more validation. However, his interpretation of "we would get back to you" isn't entirely correct. From my experience, "we would get back to you" swings both ways. I also disagree with him that you won't get the job. Only your interviewer will know that. Good luck.

P.S- the first question is the first test of your confidence level and attention to details. Just that. Nothing like humility. If you glanced at your cv for a split second, you may have failed depending on whether or not your interviewer gives second chances.

This is actually the best interpretation for the first question....

Bro can you help with the others pls
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 04, 2017
enshi:

Awesome then.

Guess you got the job.

Truth is this, you were the only one there and that makes you the best judge of things. No opinion here can outweigh yours if you'd be true and unbiased toy yourself.

Wish the best.

Let us know when you resume.

2 Likes

Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by sholaball: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dude jst keep the faith bro. U would get the job. You just have to trust God and pray that his favour locates u. I believe the job is yours and u would receive a positive feedback.
Re: My Interview Session Today.... What Do You Think by sholaball: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
Finstar:

Seriously dude who are u to say he wouldn't get the job. If u don't have any positive thing to say y don't u shut ur algae infested mouth. At best you keep the faith with a brother but rada you act like u know the heart of the interviewer and u start spewing nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Rejected Or New Upwork Account Approved Instantly In 30 Mins! Genuine! / Recent Careers And Jobs In Nigeria (graduate And Professionals) / NITDA Scholarship 2015 Shortlisted Candidates And Exam Details Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.