Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,669 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians (38373 Views)

Customer Review Of TSTV Services / Pictures Of TSTV Decoders Ready For Distribution November 1 / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
TSTV is bound to fail, they lack proper planning & had bad management. They are economical with the truth but Nigerians shall know in the fullness of time

When they fail you'd continue being exploited by a South African owned DSTV, what would you stand to gain?

2 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Obason22(m): 1:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
please kindly extend ur product to Edo State auchi.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by 0ubenji(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2017
Olukat:
You guys should just wait for your Arab channels
When Ronaldo and Messi performs their magic, just then you will understand what you will be missing
Arab commentators are worst than sub machine guns grin grin grin grin
whoever told u BEIN SPORTS doesn't have English commentary on their sports channels..?
they have English, Spanish, and even French sports commentary..smh
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by mikebuddy(m): 2:08pm On Oct 04, 2017
segebase:
have gotten mine na

What is the experience like?
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by jarx: 2:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
problem with Nigerians. allow them to start before u murder them with critics. they are just new for goodness sake. and they are all expecting perfection. Rome wasn't build in a day. let's exercise patience with them. patronise them and they will see money to improve and give us wat we want. mtn was not everywhere you go when they started new. but now you can tell differences bw mtn of those days and mtn of today...
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by sekem: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
jarx:
problem with Nigerians. allow them to start before u murder them with critics. they are just new for goodness sake. and they are all expecting perfection. Rome wasn't build in a day. let's exercise patience with them. patronise them and they will see money to improve and give us wat we want. mtn was not everywhere you go when they started new. but now you can tell differences bw mtn of those days and mtn of today...

Don't mind all those Nigerians

Always impatient and looking for whom to blame

That was how they were shouting they don't want GEJ again

They chose PMB

Now they are shouting they don't want PMB again

Confused set of people
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by adetayo234: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
segebase:
have gotten mine na

Where? Picture or no belief
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by 1nigeriamyfoot: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

When they fail you'd continue being exploited by a South African owned DSTV, what would you stand to gain?
I'm not a fan of paytv infact I hardly watch tv. tstv has been ecomonical with the truth & hardly respond to queries on the website or social media handle
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Phyde: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
oz4real83:
I blame NCC!!! I have always wondered about the rationale behind granting the sole broadcast right of any tv content to one company. This was what killed hitv. Can't NCC make it open to every company thereby eliminating monopoly? Dstv has bought almost every right to all the good stations leaving other companies with nothing. Is it crime if all companies have individual rights to broadcast EPL,Laliga,champions league,other sports and same programmes at the same time? Let them only compete with broadcast quality,service quality,affordability. NCC needs to wake up!!!
That is why i hate this country because of heavy bribery and corrupt practices.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by dustmalik: 6:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
oz4real83:
I blame NCC!!! I have always wondered about the rationale behind granting the sole broadcast right of any tv content to one company. This was what killed hitv. Can't NCC make it open to every company thereby eliminating monopoly? Dstv has bought almost every right to all the good stations leaving other companies with nothing. Is it crime if all companies have individual rights to broadcast EPL,Laliga,champions league,other sports and same programmes at the same time? Let them only compete with broadcast quality,service quality,affordability. NCC needs to wake up!!!
Get yourself informed before displaying this level of ignorance. League broadcast rights have nothing to do with NBC, which is the rightful government regulatory body in this case. It's totally up to the English FA to give exclusive broadcast rights to any successful bidder. Right now, Supersuper Sports has exclusive right to air EPL in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa, which includes Nigeria.

Cable providers such as ABG and CTL/Trendtv are tapping bein Sports from another satellite provider, and MultiChoice hasn't tackled them simply because they aren't a threat yet. That is why CTL/Trendtv has refused to expand to a larger market such as Lagos.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by oz4real83(m): 7:17pm On Oct 04, 2017
dustmalik:

Get yourself informed before displaying this level of ignorance. League broadcast rights have nothing to do with NBC, which is the rightful government regulatory body in this case. It's totally up to the English FA to give exclusive broadcast rights to any successful bidder. Right now, Supersuper Sports has exclusive right to air EPL in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa, which includes Nigeria.

Cable providers such as ABG and CTL/Trendtv are tapping bein Sports from another satellite provider, and MultiChoice hasn't tackled them simply because they aren't a threat yet. That is why CTL/Trendtv has refused to expand to a larger market such as Lagos.
suppose after getting the broadcast from maybe EPL,they are barred from broadcasting it in Nigeria by NBC,what will they do? Will they by-pass NBC to broadcast it? Whatever rights they get from anywhere,NBC is the ultimate decider whether they get to exercise it in Nigeria. They can as well decide against any company monopolising any rights. It is only a matter of legislation.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 04, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
I'm not a fan of paytv infact I hardly watch tv. tstv has been ecomonical with the truth & hardly respond to queries on the website or social media handle

Still doesn't qualify you to say a business someone worked so had to bring up is doomed to fail, have started a business before?
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
SnowJay92:

Still doesn't qualify you to say a business someone worked so had to bring up is doomed to fail, have started a business before?
Yeah for good numbers of years so I understand what I'm saying. Paytv is not a new business & any new comer to the game should not dump prospective subscribers in the dark just as tstv did.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by kcy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
1nigeriamyfoot:
Yeah for good numbers of years so I understand what I'm saying. Paytv is not a new business & any new comer to the game should not dump prospective subscribers in the dark just as tstv did.
u left yr self in d dark cus u wre wating for dr down fall
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
kcy:

u left yr self in d dark cus u wre wating for dr down fall
whatever rocks your boat bro grin grin grin I doubt if you know anything about business
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Wilfem(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2017
I have this strong feeling that their decoders would be hitting the market later today and I hope to surely get mine. Before the end of today, I'm also HOPING to see this page bubbling with frenzy of experiences and reviews. Let's keep the hope alive.

Like for Tstv.
#UpTstv
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by kcy(m): 8:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2017
baddosky1:
Nigerians are impatient. They want to fully integrate their distributors by giving them the necessary training required. Secondly, they want to take legal steps to avoid bottlenecks that may occur during the sale phase. I learnt that the identity of the said distributors is to be taken seriously in order to avoid scenario where the decoder gets into the wrong hands

Decoder in the wrong hands. Its not a nuclear bomb for Christ sake. How does a decoder get into the wrong hands.

All this prelim should have been done way before launch.

Gosh, can Nigerians ever get anything done right in Nigeria.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by baddosky1: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

Decoder in the wrong hands. Its not a nuclear bomb for Christ sake. How does a decoder get into the wrong hands.

All this prelim should have been done way before launch.

Gosh, can Nigerians ever get anything done right in Nigeria.

It was said that DSTv was planning to front some guys as "dealers" to buy the decoders off from them this dissuading the penetration onto the market. Don't know how true the claim is tho.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by amicableamos: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2017
let's exercise patience, it's not easy to contest an incumbent operator. they will fight tooth and nail to kill it, but God will not allow that to happen. Almighty MTN did the same to GLO, n failed. it's a teething problem, they will soon get over it. it is a matter of time.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by sauceEEP(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2017
Till now TSTV decoder still unavailable.... angry
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by emminelcity: 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
sauceEEP:
Till now TSTV decoder still unavailable.... angry
Who also knows a satellite that can pick Art sport channels and MBC sports?
Who can give its position and dish size
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by ossy7881: 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
TStv Africa wishes to inform the general public that the delay in the commencement of the commercial sale of TStv Africa decoder is as a result of complaints of non-availability of dealer / retailer outlets in some areas and some dealers who are still in the process of accreditation, pleaded to get accredited before product sale commencement so as to have control over their region.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by MabraO: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Who has noticed TStv has edited the phone nod of all their dealers on their site?

2 Likes

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by dustmalik: 12:28am On Oct 06, 2017
MabraO:
Who has noticed TStv has edited the phone nod of all their dealers on their site?
You are right. I just confirmed it now.

Let's be honest with ourselves, something is amiss, and TStv isn't forthcoming about it all. But once you air an honest opinion on this forum, everyone tags you as a DStv agent.

The coming days will truly be interesting as events keep unfolding.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Wilfem(m): 7:49am On Oct 06, 2017
MabraO:
I just confirmed it too. I think they must be up to something. This is not really good.
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2017
This is the decoder. It will be on sale soon. I think everybody should just shut up amd wait to see because all dose pple trying to bring it down will realize its a wasted effort if they are what they say they are

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by sauceEEP(m): 8:59am On Oct 06, 2017
;
kingelemide:
This is the decoder. It will be on sale soon. I think everybody should just shut up amd wait to see because all dose pple trying to bring it down will realize its a wasted effort if they are what they say they are
This na voltage regulator grin
Na floor things

1 Like

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Wilfem(m): 9:04am On Oct 06, 2017
sauceEEP:
;
This na voltage regulator grin
Na floor things
Haba! Take your time oo. It only looked like it, but definitely not a voltage regulator.
I think that's the decoder 'cos it's exactly what was displayed on their website

Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by tysontim(m): 9:05am On Oct 06, 2017
kingelemide:

This ugly thing wont show EPL
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Wilfem(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
tysontim:

This ugly thing wont show EPL
Lol. grin Have you seen and used it before? And you quickly jumped into conclusion like that. If it shows EPL, I'll ask Tstv to deduct/remove your data VAS. wink grin grin
Re: Delay In Sales Of TSTV Decoders Worries Nigerians by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 09, 2017
All ye waiters of tstv,i hope you know that tstv have postpone the sales of decoders to November

Sorry guys tstv is dead on arrival.i will advice go back to your gotv and dstv.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BBNaija: Khafi Has Been Evicted From Big Brother House / Workers Shut Down AIT, Raypower Over 17 Months Unpaid Salaries / #BBNaija 2018: 6 Housemates Evicted Already

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.