Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,737 members, 7,820,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? (25498 Views)

Herders/farmers Conflict: Enugu State Inaugurates Agro Rangers Squad / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2017
frankihima:
stop crying u can near by army Barack and ask this question there I think they are in good position to answer u, nairaland cannot solve ur problem pls.u are ipob terrorist and soon u will arrested.

Hahahahahaha.

You are a typical Nigerian, full of venom.
We are already used to your blood thirsty spirits.

And you know what?
We are not scared anymore.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by eodavids(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2017
ipoblogic:
1. Fulani Herdsmen were everywhere.
Killing, maiming, razing down communities.

Government kept quiet.
Anyone who complained were threatened and called unprintable names.
As a matter of fact, youths who gathered to discuss the security of their community after series of fulani invasion were arrested by the terrorists called Nigerian Army. No Herdsmen was arrested.

2. The menace of the Fulani herdsmen and killings by Jihardists are two major reasons IPOB is calling for Referendum.
Peaceful rallies with waving of flags, singing and dancing were the hall mark of the rallies.

3. IPOB was declared a terror group after they were killed in cold blood by terrorists in Uniform.
Many cried out over the fraud of a declaration.

They asked why Buhari and his gang of terrorists have not declared fulani herdsmen as terrorist.
The Government called them criminals.

Let me digress a bit.
The question is, what has the Buhari government done before now about the criminals who murder people and burn their houses at night?
These criminals are not arrested by the police.
They move around freely with arms.
What does the law say about criminals?

Anyway, before I go too far,...

I just want all people who think that ever since the outcry against Buhari, the Nigerian army and the fulani herdsmen..
The herdsmen have gone to sleep.

They are no longer killing.
The question is why?

Who told them to stop?
How did they communicate with them?
Why were they killing in the first step?

We are not deceived.
They know that killing at this moment will put more pressure on them: bot Buhari, the Fulani and the terrorists called Army.

Time will tell..

You asked a question and should have allowed the readers to air their respective views on the important issue you raised.

Had it been you did not use hate speeches, I would have said the reason for non-activity of the Fulani campaigners is because of IPOB awareness campaigns
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 10:34am On Oct 05, 2017
pauljumbo:

Don't give up oga

Look beyond the box we can still have ranches and take care of the cow's in a proper way

We can't be loosing precious farmlands and humans because of cow
You do realize that if there is abundant rainfall, there is enough land and grasses for cattle and farmers without conflict. Which is why the fighting has reduced right now.

If you have drought resistant grasses which will grow even with less rainfall, you wont need worry about cattle entering your farm as they will have enough food.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by eodavids(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

What you said is true to an extent.
But last year, there were attacks during rainny season.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
Rotji:
Human beings self, very terrible. When the herdsmen were on rampage you cried foul, now they've gone silent you are complaining.

All OP's points point to the fact that he is ipob, they have eyes but only see negative, please put some colour into your eyes and we will all be better for it.

I am not complaining about their silence.

There is a course called comprehension.

You need it
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Rawani: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2017
pauljumbo:

Ranch can be anywhere even in a busy street

Research it depends on the number of cow's

Really consider changing that Paul to Mumbo.

Mumbo Jumbo.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

You do realize that if there is abundant rainfall, there is enough land and grasses for cattle and farmers without conflict. Which is why the fighting has reduced right now.

If you have drought resistant grasses which will grow even with less rainfall, you wont need worry about cattle entering your farm as they will have enough food.

But the herrdsmen are still in villages they are still raring their cow's in the south.

According to the op the killings of the herdsmen have reduced not because of the herdsmen have moved from villages.

I think the killings is more political than the theory you are giving here.

Whatever that is the reason we need to keep this cow's in a secluded environment.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2017
Rawani:

Really consider changing that Paul to Mumbo.

Mumbo Jumbo.

Nothing is impossible if we want it bro
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OmoManU: 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
It's raining season, those herdsmen surely would av retreated back upnorth, wait till the dry season again befor u ask dis kinda question Mr. OP
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by meforkene(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

Sounds smart but no substance.
Herdsmen attacks over the past ten years has no rhythm or season,it happens all year round.

The Nomads move around all year round.
See how you are calling innocent tse-tse that didn't do anything to you.

Only cattle egrets obey the weather and never the cattle and herdsman.
I've met a herdsman before and he took time to explain to me how they sleep under the rain with their cows.

You didn't answer why?
It may just be the news about them is suppressed or they are silently killed by the farmers instead of waiting to cry for sympathy to the government
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by totorimi: 1:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

You don't expect the President to clamp down his brothers do you? He has sense. Unlike the igbo elites that are quick to sell out thier people for money, the fulanis/Hausa would never do that.

Buhari defended Bokoharam. Northern elders defended Bokoharam. But Ohaneze ndiigbo and the other fat devils are quick to sell out thier people..

Cursed pigs!
[img][/img]

The truth is bitter my brother. It was this same bubu who said an attack on Boko Haram was an attack on the North.

None of their emirs and Alfa's at that time openly condemned the boko action.

See our so called elders now, see our senators and governors. They sat and watched the fulani led army use that type of force to attack innocent and unarmed people all because of they must get ordinary Nnamdi Kanu. Yet upon all their deceit drama, fighter jets, armored tanker, video shows, relocation of the operations comnand. They are yet to get the boko Shekua but they have released some of our chibok girls at the fullness of time as one governor once said.

It's a pity indeed that things are like this in ibo land but I know ibo youths know exactly what to do with the old wicked ones holding down our freedom. It's just a matter of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by nextstep(m): 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Quite insightful post! I think if our leaders were to grasp what you've said, we'd be halfway towards a solution.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by meforkene(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rawani:

Quite logical and true. While this response effectively answers the threads question, I'm tempted to wonder why some posters here are so pained by the logical response so much that they're wriggling like earthworms sprayed with salt.

I hope it isn't because Mynd refused to demonize the entirety of the Fulani herdsmen and instead identified the fact that the killer criminals that disguise amongst them no longer have that cover as they've migrated back to the North due to the rains and accompanying vegetation, and the presence of tse tse flies in the South.

Okay Mr Logical.The attacks for the past 5years have been seasonal right?(As in 6 months in,6months out)

You and that Mynd44 are very much smartly dumb
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by clarocuzioo(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

You raised three points so I will number and reply

1. As regards tsetsefly, you said the measures stopped around 1978 which means it is a problem again. So there is an issue with raising cattle down south which explains why they run back when the rains come.

2. Their times, people have been told to read news articles with care and to note what is direct and reported speech.

In this link, http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/ which you sent me to, I brought out this quote from Audu Ogbeh. It is in quotes so he said it
“We are producing massive hectares of grasslots for the consumption of cattle; we have received these grasses from Brazil and we are growing them in massive quantities.

“Cattle herdsmen want grasses for their cattle; such grass is what we are growing in large quantities and, within the next three months, some of these will be ready

Did you miss where he said "growing in large quantities"? How is that importing grasses for direct consumption? Note this is from the link you provided. As for the second link, it had nothing of note in terms of direct quotes

3. Cattle rearing is private business and ypu think government should not be helping but farmers buy fertilizers at subsidised rates, garages are built by government for transporters, airports are built for private airlines right? The government has to keep this business afloat because it is an essential commodity.

1. Remember in ur previous post you challenged me to provide a solution to Tse-Tse fly, the scenario you cited looks as if the entire country is hopeless on the Issue of Tse-Tse fly, I only gave you that instance to prove that the solution is not far fetched, it's been there with us for a long time just the negligence of implementation that's the issue, I only wanted to prove to you that we have once dealt with this issue and we have the solution. I did not say it stopped, I only told you when there was an aggressive campaign, till date people are still fighting Tse-Tse fly in their own little way.

2. The issue of planted came up when Audu Ogbeh's pronouncement received widespread condemnation, please read holistically and thoroughly on this issue, the initial plan was import these grasses, and cite fields here and there were cattle can go an consume, nobody talk about growing these initially, even the pronouncement from the Senate pointed towards that direction.
Besides if they wanted to plant, I was wondering why the Agricultural research institutes scattered all over the country were not carried along in this, as they will so help us with improved varieties as we have seen with other crops. Also there was no plan of the planting, the type to be imported for planting, the soil requirement to see if it is the same with our soil composition, the quantity to be planted per hecter and finally the duration of the plants before it is ready for consumption. Nobody till date gave a breakdown of such because there's no initial plan for that, it only came up as a defence mechanism when their initial plan received wide spread condemnation.
3. The issue of fertilizer is quite different from the issue of cattle. It is a well known fact that the rich Alhaji's are the owners of these cattle, I believe they can convieniently import these grasses if they consider it a boost to their business and factor in the cost during sales, the issue of fertilizer, some farmer are peasant and poor, govt have to come to their rescue, please they are different.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by markfemisgay: 3:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Normally, I avoid your comments to avoid ban but to expose your lack of agricultural knowledge, I have to comment

To your questions

1) Ranch them in the North and when Southerners need Cattle meat, the North can process the meat and package it for export to the South.

This will create jobs for people in meat processing industries up North.

2) Get plastic pipes and perforate the pipes with big holes the size of 1naira coin per hole

Fill the pipes with soil , solid fertilizers, water and grasses that have been mixed together.

Water the mix in the pipes every morning with water.

Divide the pipes into 10 groups

Cut the grasses of each group every 10 days to feed the cows.

Hope I have given you a solution to the problem

@ Ipoblogic
ratcockoduduwa
Ojiofor

I want you guys to include this in any of your post in the front page to enable everyone see the real solution to farmers herdsmen clashes.

Sorry that I ignore the post earlier because I don't want mynd to ban me because of contrary opinion which is the true solution to the problem if they are sincere about it
You said the gospel truth.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mezie1990(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
U are the terrorist boko harm
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by gbodiman: 4:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
He is Osita Armstrong...heavily built, fair and bushy-browed with sharp eyes...among those donning two sets of rosary beads around their necks nowadays. 'Ngwa nu-nu...' he says. 'I think it is the hemp tea that you and your clique are fond of taking that is working inside your head!'
'...you've had me up to here,’ Osita pronounces angrily because he has no time for nonsense. If this fellow wanted to start something, he would hand him in full...'
Hijo, the tall, slim, warlike, hard-as-steel strike force, face half-covered with scars—the quintessential Fulani kid wouldn't take no for an answer...
But the two unrelated individuals have nothing in common in the same locale. See what that fearful story, 'War Games' by I.G. Momoh at Amazon is saying and see more reasons to love or hate Nigeria!
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

What you are saying is tantamount to saying that INNOSON motors should kill innocent people in accident because they are test driving their vehicle undecided

Obasanjo should destroy people's farm because he needs the soil to grow his crops

Dangote should continue killing people with his trucks because he had to deliver cement shocked shocked

Which kind reasoning be this

Are innocent citizens to bear the weight of their profession? (Herdmen)

As if they will give the meat to the public free of charge!

Everyone should manage their businesses and not disturb others while they are at it. Cause when they will start reaping the profits the public will not know about it!

Innoson is not test driving any car.

All his cars have already been test driven by the cars manufacturer in china. All he has to do is assemble.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by naijaking1: 6:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:

Mynd44, am really disappointed at this your response on this issue, it goes a long way to prove that you are sympathetic to the Fulani herdsmen. Some may term you a bigot, since the sanctity of human lives means nothing to us that we have to sacrifice it on the alter of ethnic and religious bigotry.

I tell you categorically that the herdsmen don't go back to the North once they are in the South, who will bear the cost to and fro north prior to their sales?? They don't even consider that as an option, once they are in the South, they are there, unless there's a crisis that's when they consider going back to the North, so for you to put up this shallow defence for them is worrisome.

Ranching over time has been said as the solution to this and you come up here to tell us about Tse-Tse fly? If the National grazing bill has been successful will you people still consider Tse-Tse fly and not take the lands allocated for grazing in the South? Even if we have Tse-Tse flies in the South, are there no solutions to that in this modern world?

Also Audu Ogbeh considering to import grasses at a time we have scarce foreign exchange and at a time when the government of the day is preaching buy naija to grow Naira is the height of sycophancy.what happens to all the grasses in the country that cows are already enjoying that we have to consider importing grasses??
Please this shallow defence makes a fool of ur person and personality considering your esteem position as a moderator in this great and noble forum. I always tell sycophants defending the present day government, there's a life after that government, PDP goons can tell better now. You can as well ban me.

Blame on the person who made him moderator
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by njelrapheal: 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only use a be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

you must be sentimental
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by maslong(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
[s]
Mynd44:

[/s]

completely trash from alhaji malam mynd44.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by nairanaira12: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.
Dude is Kanu sympathizer, and by implication is sympathetic to ipoB terrorism.

If you haven't sold your Brain for cow milk, you will counter what he said with facts, instead of attacking the messenger like a deluded idiot
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by InvertedHammer: 4:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Mynd44:

With this explanation I ask:
How silly and ridiculous can the justification get?

Ranching will cause scarcity of meat? How do other nations with ranches all over the world survive even to the point of exporting meat?

Just when I thought folks cannot get any more stupid than they are already...then you come up with this hogwash.
\
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 6:28pm On Oct 06, 2017
positivetaught:
One doesn't need a talisman to know that the herdsmen attacks were a well orchestrated execution of a northern agenda,the boldness of KANU n Ipob that needed to be quickly checkmated as it presents a vicious threat to the northern politico-economic interest in Nigeria, allowing the herdsmen attack to continue would have earn KANU n Ipob lots of sympathy n support with unpredictable outcome, so cessation of the herdsmen attack doesn't require "rocket science" to decipher n understand.

You brought the nail.
You brought your hammer.

You positioned the nail
Positioned your self.
You aimed at the head of the nail
You brought the hammer with such of force.

And hammer hit the head of the nail.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 6:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
markfemisgay:

You said the gospel truth.

They want our lands,
They believe its Allahs gift to them.

After all, we are infidels and we have no right to life, let alone life.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
pauljumbo:

But the herrdsmen are still in villages they are still raring their cow's in the south.

According to the op the killings of the herdsmen have reduced not because of the herdsmen have moved from villages.

I think the killings is more political than the theory you are giving here.

Whatever that is the reason we need to keep this cow's in a secluded environment.

They know the truth, but deny it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Suicide Bomber Strikes At Dalori Quarters Mosque In Maiduguri. Graphic Photos / Police Deploy SWAT Officers In State Commands / Gboyega Oyetola Gradually Loses Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.