Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? (25479 Views)

Herders/farmers Conflict: Enugu State Inaugurates Agro Rangers Squad / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by wristbangle: 8:58am On Oct 05, 2017
May God bless the likes of Goke7, Rawani and Mynd44 for their logical contribution.

For those condemning mynd44 post should read the part where he mentioned "the criminal among them also migrate to the north due to vegetation returns".

Though I understand that the FG should have declare the fulani herdsmen as terrorists but substantial amount of them are not as the evil elements (migrants from north Africa predominantly) among them is quite small.

As for IPOB, I wouldn't say they are terrorists but if the FG hadn't step in, the situation would have boomerang to terrorism.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2017
BALLOSKI:
speak to his men.

You and Mynd44 should tell the government to contact me if they need new ideas to tackle agriculture, education, unemployment and defence.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OBAGADAFFI: 9:05am On Oct 05, 2017
Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

Agrotech has solved most of this problem.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Your obsequious brownnosing is nauseating. So that? He will like you?

That post is the most foolish on the thread.Totally devoid of logic or common sense
for who to like me on a faceless forum? I was here before any of them became whatever here.

Give us your own that has logic and common sense.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2017
wristbangle:
May God bless the likes of Goke7, Rawani and Mynd44 for their logical contribution.

For those condemning mynd44 post should read the part where he mentioned "the criminal among them also migrate to the north due to vegetation returns".

Though I understand that the FG should have declare the fulani herdsmen as terrorists but substantial amount of them are not as the evil elements (migrants from north Africa predominantly) among them is quite small.

As for IPOB, I wouldn't say they are terrorists but if the FG hadn't step in, the situation would have boomerang to terrorism.
ipob is group, not all Ibo. Why should source of livelihood of a be described as terrorism? So every herdsman out there should be seen as a terrorist? Animal husbandry is now terrorism ?

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

You and Mynd44 should tell the government to contact me if they need new ideas to tackle agriculture, education, unemployment and defence.
you don't have the capability cos you've not even demonstrated it here.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Rawani: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2017
BALLOSKI:
ipob is group, not all Ibo. Why should source of livelihood of a be described as terrorism? So every herdsman out there should be seen as a terrorist? Animal husbandry is now terrorism ?

This is what I particularly don't understand.

So the 99% of herdsmen (that are busy providing meat for over 150 million Nigerians EVERY DAY and have been doing so for over 50 years) that are hardworking animal farmers should be termed terrorists because of the activities of a criminal 1% that have now emerged carrying arms and inflicting deadly terror?

Like what kind of reasoning is this?

Pure ignorance I tell you.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by wristbangle: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2017
BALLOSKI:

Sir, I never said all Ibos are Igbos neither did I mention that Animal husbandry is a terrorist act, I only made reverence to Ipob being proscribe by FG which to me is the best thing to do just that unfortunately some lives were lost.

The recent draught (between 2015&2016) was responsible for the increased nomadic farming among the herdsmen who had to migrate to MB and South region for their livestock feeding.

The issue I have with some of the herdsmen is their rude and provoking attitude as they invade on farmlands resulting to innocent killing of farmers and shortage of food which is on of the few reasons price of commodity sky rocketed in the market.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by clarocuzioo(m): 9:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Okay, I see you have put points to my reply so I hope we can have a discussion devoid of shots (in that case, I will ignore and just move on)

In the Old Yoruba kingdom, the Alaafin(I meant the crown and throne not one person) reigned supreme in terms of military, he chased the Egbas to Abeokuta and fought all sorts of fights but for the life of that crown, as big as the army was, they didnt have a home grown calvary. The Alaafins tried, bought horses and all but they kept dying because of some strange illness caused by tsetsefly so he bought hourses from his northern allies/enemies from accross the big river.

That brief history lesson was to show you how much of an issue this is and how long ago raising these animals have been in the south. Now, if you have a cure to trypanosomiasis, please suggest it but people have tried having these animals here during the rains but they die……by the hundreds.

The ranching law was a joke. It would have failed and the conflicts will continue.

Now note Audu Ogbeh's idea (crazy as it sounds) was not to import the grasses that will feed cattle but buy seeds and introduce a new specie of wild grass to Nigeria that dont need too much water to survive so during the dry season, they will be alive. These grasses can(or should be able to) spread with little effort accros the states the herdsmen locate and do that quickly. So just as Malaysia imported palm seeds from us, we can import them, introduce these plants here, have healthy cattle , improve our hide industry, have cheaper meat, clothing industry, avoid the conflicts of herdsmen and farmers and eveyone (including you will be happy).

Sure you didn't think he wanted to buy grasses to feed cattle directly, nah.

It might interest you to note that previously the Nigerian government have embarked on the campaign against tse-tse fly between 1955 and 1978. Intact it is regarded as the most successful campaign against the fly, it involves both aerial and ground spray of aerosol. After that, the rate of the damage was drastically reduced, but unfortunately successive governments have not given the required attention to this menace, that's why it looks as if it's becoming a burden to us these days.

Aside Nigeria, A successful eradication programme was completed in 1997 on the island of Zanzibar in East Africa. Following a three-year fly-suppression campaign followed by release of sterile insects, the tsetse flies were eradicated and no case of sleeping sickness has since been reported on the island. Similarly, on the Loos Islands off the coast of Guinea, an integrated eradication campaign was launched in 2006 and, today, the tsetse fly population has been reduced to non-detectable levels. Likewise, a recent success story has come from Botswana in which country has been successful in clearing the tsetse fly from the Okavango Delta region, using sequential aerial application of low dosage, non-residual insecticides as aerosols.
So you see my dear friend, the solution abounds as other African countries have successfully eradicated this menace, it's simply our complacent nature to serious issues thatbus actually the problem.

On the issue of the importation of grass, I will the government of the day is not being sincere about the whole thing. First Audu Ogbeh said that government will start importation of grasses (not seedlings) that will be used to feed cows in the North
http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/

There was a plan to set up grazing fields all over the country where the imported grasses (not seedlings) will be made available to the cattle rearers, and this even got the backing of the senate.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/09/buharis-plan-to-import-grass-from-brazil-gets-senate-backing/

So my dear friend your defence is not in tandem with the reality, you are also being economical with the truth by telling us that they want to import the seedlings for planting not for direct consumption while in reality, the reverse is the case. The seedlings defence came up when his statement had been hit with wide spread criticism, they only said that as a damage control, but trust me Nigerian are no fools.
Then the big question is "why importing grass"?
First and foremost we should not forget that we have many agricultural institutes scattered all over the country, the Minister never for once liased with these institutes to find a solution to these challenges before coming up with idea of grass importation.
Secondly, it is pertinent to note that the cattle rearing business is a private business , why will the government of the day use our common wealth and import grasses for them, why won't the herdsmen import their grasses for their cattle, or are they going to give the populace a discount at the end of the day, I know government tries to get involved in some business to keep it afloat but I don't think they got it right on this one. Time will not permit me to continue but I have a lot of points on this discussion, and looking at the whole scenario makes me weep for my dear nation as I wonder think of the future of this nation with this kind of thinking from the government and the populace.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ONYII4TRUT: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding

Your response is lame. Why is it just happening in buhari's regime? Climatic change just affected the whole nigeria landscape overnight?
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by cescky(m): 9:36am On Oct 05, 2017
ipoblogic:

Now I can understand why people on nairaland equate your moniker with mischief.

You are really very suitable and very qualified the ignoble hatchet job you do:

Removing truths and banning those who posted them.

Like I said earlier, time will tell.

dont mind that guy

hes a zombie personified....omenka and his ilk will annoy you and when you reply them in kind....they type the guys name and true to his zombism he will ban you.

na nairaland him get mouth....we know what that means in the real world
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by DonaTee(f): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grassesm which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

who says tse tse fly can't be curbed? Even the so called tse tse fly hav not finished feasting on humans so the population is not significant in that sense. And its treatable too.

Ranching is d way.
And who says we don't need quality grass in the east? Farmers in d east rear animals without feasting on peoples crops. Did govt provide alternatives or ranches for them? No

once is northern farmers govt starts thinking of foreign grass.

I hate d lopsided policies going on in this country. You as a youth should speak against it too.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2017
clarocuzioo:

It might interest you to note that previously the Nigerian government have embarked on the campaign against tse-tse fly between 1955 and 1978. Intact it is regarded as the most successful campaign against the fly, it involves both aerial and ground spray of aerosol. After that, the rate of the damage was drastically reduced, but unfortunately successive governments have not given the required attention to this menace, that's why it looks as if it's becoming a burden to us these days.

Aside Nigeria, A successful eradication programme was completed in 1997 on the island of Zanzibar in East Africa. Following a three-year fly-suppression campaign followed by release of sterile insects, the tsetse flies were eradicated and no case of sleeping sickness has since been reported on the island. Similarly, on the Loos Islands off the coast of Guinea, an integrated eradication campaign was launched in 2006 and, today, the tsetse fly population has been reduced to non-detectable levels. Likewise, a recent success story has come from Botswana in which country has been successful in clearing the tsetse fly from the Okavango Delta region, using sequential aerial application of low dosage, non-residual insecticides as aerosols.
So you see my dear friend, the solution abounds as other African countries have successfully eradicated this menace, it's simply our complacent nature to serious issues thatbus actually the problem.

On the issue of the importation of grass, I will the government of the day is not being sincere about the whole thing. First Audu Ogbeh said that government will start importation of grasses (not seedlings) that will be used to feed cows in the North
http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/

There was a plan to set up grazing fields all over the country where the imported grasses (not seedlings) will be made available to the cattle rearers, and this even got the backing of the senate.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/09/buharis-plan-to-import-grass-from-brazil-gets-senate-backing/

So my dear friend your defence is not in tandem with the reality, you are also being economical with the truth by telling us that they want to import the seedlings for planting not for direct consumption while in reality, the reverse is the case. The seedlings defence came up when his statement had been hit with wide spread criticism, they only said that as a damage control, but trust me Nigerian are no fools.
Then the big question is "why importing grass"?
First and foremost we should not forget that we have many agricultural institutes scattered all over the country, the Minister never for once liased with these institutes to find a solution to these challenges before coming up with idea of grass importation.
Secondly, it is pertinent to note that the cattle rearing business is a private business , why will the government of the day use our common wealth and import grasses for them, why won't the herdsmen import their grasses for their cattle, or are they going to give the populace a discount at the end of the day, I know government tries to get involved in some business to keep it afloat but I don't think they got it right on this one. Time will not permit me to continue but I have a lot of points on this discussion, and looking at the whole scenario makes me weep for my dear nation as I wonder think of the future of this nation with this kind of thinking from the government and the populace.

You raised three points so I will number and reply

1. As regards tsetsefly, you said the measures stopped around 1978 which means it is a problem again. So there is an issue with raising cattle down south which explains why they run back when the rains come.

2. Their times, people have been told to read news articles with care and to note what is direct and reported speech.

In this link, http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/ which you sent me to, I brought out this quote from Audu Ogbeh. It is in quotes so he said it
“We are producing massive hectares of grasslots for the consumption of cattle; we have received these grasses from Brazil and we are growing them in massive quantities.

“Cattle herdsmen want grasses for their cattle; such grass is what we are growing in large quantities and, within the next three months, some of these will be ready

Did you miss where he said "growing in large quantities"? How is that importing grasses for direct consumption? Note this is from the link you provided. As for the second link, it had nothing of note in terms of direct quotes

3. Cattle rearing is private business and ypu think government should not be helping but farmers buy fertilizers at subsidised rates, garages are built by government for transporters, airports are built for private airlines right? The government has to keep this business afloat because it is an essential commodity.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by cescky(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2017
cescky:

dont mind that guy

hes a zombie personified....omenka and his ilk will annoy you and when you reply them in kind....they type the guys name and true to his zombism he will ban you.

na nairaland him get mouth....we know what that means in the real world

hes first statement on this thread, cant help but reveal his pain
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by MrPresident1: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2017
It is because of Peace and Safety

grin grin grin

Jesus is coming wink
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2017
Rawani:

This is what I particularly don't understand.

So the 99% of herdsmen (that are busy providing meat for over 150 million Nigerians EVERY DAY and have been doing so for over 50 years) that are hardworking animal farmers should be termed terrorists because of the activities of a criminal 1% that have now emerged carrying arms and inflicting deadly terror?

Like what kind of reasoning is this?

Pure ignorance I tell you.

I can't just understand how people reason in Nigeria.

I kept saying, for example, if an Ibo sold a fake drug in kano and people died as a result, are we now going to descend on every Ibo man operating a medicine store in Kano and tag all Ibo drug sellers as killers ?

Why can't we separate the wheat from the chaff?

Fayose even banned open grazing in his state. Seriake Dickson created a ranch in bayelsa state( I know that's helping in some way).

I expect Nigerians to say a law should be promulgated that will say : attacking people on their farm and destruction of their crop is an act of terrorism. Not blacklisting the means of livelihood of a people.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by leemonster(m): 9:55am On Oct 05, 2017
GOOD GOVERNANCE
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Asajesus(f): 10:06am On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.
Dude is Kanu sympathizer, and by implication is sympathetic to ipoB terrorism.
you dey mad... idiot
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2017
efighter:

Dear O.P., definitely you are not happy with the relative peace in the country. Militants were persuaded to put down arms, herdsmen were given final warning by the government, Boko Haram is feeling the heat of our gallant soldiers while IPOB has been forced underground.

If however, you are in enemity with your neighbours who are farmers and you want someone to come and destroy their crops, pls contact your brothers who are into armed robbery to come and help you to destroy your enemies' farmland, herdsmen are now born again. Also if there are girls in your potopoto republic who did not agree to your sexual demands, hence you want them to be humiliated and raped, kindly contact your kidnapping brothers to help you out, herdsmen are now saying Jesus is Lord.

Your conclusion is laughable.

You are mikes apart from comprehending the point in have made.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Okay, I see you have put points to my reply so I hope we can have a discussion devoid of shots (in that case, I will ignore and just move on)

In the Old Yoruba kingdom, the Alaafin(I meant the crown and throne not one person) reigned supreme in terms of military, he chased the Egbas to Abeokuta and fought all sorts of fights but for the life of that crown, as big as the army was, they didnt have a home grown calvary. The Alaafins tried, bought horses and all but they kept dying because of some strange illness caused by tsetsefly so he bought hourses from his northern allies/enemies from accross the big river.

That brief history lesson was to show you how much of an issue this is and how long ago raising these animals have been in the south. Now, if you have a cure to trypanosomiasis, please suggest it but people have tried having these animals here during the rains but they die……by the hundreds.

The ranching law was a joke. It would have failed and the conflicts will continue.

Now note Audu Ogbeh's idea (crazy as it sounds) was not to import the grasses that will feed cattle but buy seeds and introduce a new specie of wild grass to Nigeria that dont need too much water to survive so during the dry season, they will be alive. These grasses can(or should be able to) spread with little effort accros the states the herdsmen locate and do that quickly. So just as Malaysia imported palm seeds from us, we can import them, introduce these plants here, have healthy cattle , improve our hide industry, have cheaper meat, clothing industry, avoid the conflicts of herdsmen and farmers and eveyone (including you will be happy).

Sure you didn't think he wanted to buy grasses to feed cattle directly, nah.

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2017
MediumStout:

The fulani herds men are common criminals like armed robbers and kidnapers. They are not fighting to have their country or calling the president names. They are patriotic citizens of Nigeria unlike IPOB whose activities is similar to boko haram claiming territories. Armed robbers attacks bank subsequently and kill innocent people and cart away money. Are armed robbers criminals or terrorist? Rubbish

I never knew armed robbers are patriots.

Only in Nigeria can you have such definitions.

Sorry sir, I'm my own nation, criminals are not patriots.
Criminals must be punished for their crime.

Nigeria.....haba..
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Rawani:

Dude you're funny.

You've been shouting "RANCH RANCH" up and down....now twice you've been asked WHERE they'd be ranched: No answer.

Twice again you were asked HOW will the millions of cows be fed all year; you answered "America will know"

Finally you came up with the above......have you considered changing your first name in your moniker from Paul to Mumbo?

Ranch can be anywhere even in a busy street

Research it depends on the number of cow's
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by positivetaught: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2017
One doesn't need a talisman to know that the herdsmen attacks were a well orchestrated execution of a northern agenda,the boldness of KANU n Ipob that needed to be quickly checkmated as it presents a vicious threat to the northern politico-economic interest in Nigeria, allowing the herdsmen attack to continue would have earn KANU n Ipob lots of sympathy n support with unpredictable outcome, so cessation of the herdsmen attack doesn't require "rocket science" to decipher n understand.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

You raised three points so I will number and reply

1. As regards tsetsefly, you said the measures stopped around 1978 which means it is a problem again. So there is an issue with raising cattle down south which explains why they run back when the rains come.

2. Their times, people have been told to read news articles with care and to note what is direct and reported speech.

In this link, http://nigeriantimes.ng/news/grazing-reserve-fg-to-import-grass-from-brazil-ogbeh/ which you sent me to, I brought out this quote from Audu Ogbeh. It is in quotes so he said it
“We are producing massive hectares of grasslots for the consumption of cattle; we have received these grasses from Brazil and we are growing them in massive quantities.

“Cattle herdsmen want grasses for their cattle; such grass is what we are growing in large quantities and, within the next three months, some of these will be ready

Did you miss where he said "growing in large quantities"? How is that importing grasses for direct consumption? Note this is from the link you provided. As for the second link, it had nothing of note in terms of direct quotes

3. Cattle rearing is private business and ypu think government should not be helping but farmers buy fertilizers at subsidised rates, garages are built by government for transporters, airports are built for private airlines right? The government has to keep this business afloat because it is an essential commodity.

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

And when you ranch them, how do you feed them?

16 million of them ooooo

We will feed them

Are people not feeding other animals they rare privately

Stop looking at problems

We will feed them we are blessed with anything they will eat

We can't be loosing humans because of cows
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Desyner: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2017
Rawani:

Quite logical and true. While this response effectively answers the threads question, I'm tempted to wonder why some posters here are so pained by the logical response so much that they're wriggling like earthworms sprayed with salt.

I hope it isn't because Mynd refused to demonize the entirety of the Fulani herdsmen and instead identified the fact that the killer criminals that disguise amongst them no longer have that cover as they've migrated back to the North due to the rains and accompanying vegetation, and the presence of tse tse flies in the South.
Do you have sense at all? Going by Mynd44 response the violence should be increasing and not decreasing because there has been good rain fall for the past 7 months.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2017
deeniybnl:
i'm highly disappointed with you guys for this hate speech.

Hahahahaha

Where is the hate speech?
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by positivetaught: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

You have surely earn a fat BMC bonus for this brilliant post!.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
pauljumbo:

We will feed them

Are people not feeding other animals they rare privately

Stop looking at problems

We will feed them we are blessed with anything they will eat

We can't be loosing humans because of cows

I give up. Lalas24, come and carry your friend abeg
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
DonaTee:

who says tse tse fly can't be curbed? Even the so called tse tse fly hav not finished feasting on humans so the population is not significant in that sense. And its treatable too.

Ranching is d way.
And who says we don't need quality grass in the east? Farmers in d east rear animals without feasting on peoples crops. Did govt provide alternatives or ranches for them? No

once is northern farmers govt starts thinking of foreign grass.

I hate d lopsided policies going on in this country. You as a youth should speak against it too.

You have said the all

Ranch is the only way

Am surprised in this days of advanced
technology we are still herding cow's.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by ipoblogic: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
valentineuwakwe:
all of a sudden the fulani herdsmen killing stops. .well, there is something it is telling us. .but come to think of it, how will an intruder come to attack me in my own village, knowing all the road, track to and out of my village. .I think I will go for an eye for an eye. .

If you dare to call for an ordinary meeting to discuss the security threat posed by those murders, the Nigeria Army will come and arrest every one you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by pauljumbo: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

I give up. Lalas24, come and carry your friend abeg

Don't give up oga

Look beyond the box we can still have ranches and take care of the cow's in a proper way

We can't be loosing precious farmlands and humans because of cow

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Ibadan, En Route To Osun / Omo-Agege’s Senate Seat Threatened As APC Witness Admits Court Order / ‘Days Of Rage’: Sowore’s AAC To Protest Across Nigeria, August 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.