Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? (25483 Views)

Herders/farmers Conflict: Enugu State Inaugurates Agro Rangers Squad / Names Of 73 Benue Indigenes Killed In Herdsmen Attack / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by GetMeRight: 8:15am On Oct 05, 2017
BekeeBuAgbara:
Trash as usual, you can only ban me here. Nothing else.
ipoblogic:

Now I can understand why people on nairaland equate your moniker with mischief.

You are really very suitable and very qualified the ignoble hatchet job you do:

Removing truths and banning those who posted them.

Like I said earlier, time will tell.
Why are you guys allergic to the truth? The OP asked why Fulanis herdsmen (criminals among them) stopping killing people and the guy responded that it was because most of them had moved up north as there is grass everywhere now.
It means that the moment dry season returns, they are coming to back down south. And conflicts between them and the farmers will start again, it's a cycle.
Conflicts and killings between herdsmen and farmers didn't start with Buhari's administration but the children of hate like you and OP wanted us to believe otherwise.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Myself2(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2017
Ojiofor:

See reasoning.The question is,why hasn't the government clamp down on the criminals that have murdered tens of thousands of people and rendered communities desolate? WHY?

Your submission is laughable and disjointed at best

The OP has a point
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Lalas247(f): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

I dont get it too. They are quick to yell "ranch them" and then they keep quiet when asked what the animals will eat if they are not allowed to go look for food.

People assume everyone in Nigeria are just okay allowing the herdsmen be the ones controlling the business. Lagos consumes 2.1 million heads of cattle annually, thats huge business, if it were easy, everyone will want to get involved but there are deep issues we all ignore

That’s the think the issues are bigger than just Ranching so many factors to consider too and also cost is it worth it .....and there is no guarantee it will work .. like I said we don’t have ranches in the Uk we use different system and it works so Nigeria might need to work on a different system that benefits the people and the cattle too, though easier said than done ,
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by obailala(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2017
disandat:

It's too bad you see it this way. I support PMB's presidency but I'm deeply displeased by his understanding of killings by herdsmen. I don't want to wish your person their visit so as to correct your view of them. Let me just ask you. If as a dealer on foodstuff, would you understand if someone who deals on kerosene is having sales downtime and moves into your shop un-invited? Knowing so well that he didn't pay for your shop and his presence means your absence?
See we are the reason why there are sooo many ills in Nigeria. Our love for some ppl in power makes us take wrong stand on serious matters. Why were they in a haste to tag IPOB terrorists when herdsmen that slaughter for fun have not been even been cautioned? Please remove this your post.
Quit reasoning emotionally! Go back to the original post on this thread and find out what the original question was. The Op asked a simple question about why the herdsmen wahala seems to be on low key right now. The dude you quoted gave an answer which seems logical to the specific question raised by the thread.

So what exactly is wrong with that?... How on earth did you translate that into all the political alliance explanations you've just written above?... How did you deduce support for PMB or support for herdsmen from the answer given to the question?... Obviously you were disappointed by the response because the moment you saw the word 'herdsmen', all you wanted to see was condemnation, denouncing, renouncing, rebuking and insulting of PMB irrespective of what the question was.

People just need to get a grip of their emotions.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by tk4rd: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding
If I understand you well,, you are saying that the herdsmen killings will resume again during the dry season.??
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Okay, ranch them where?
How will you feed the cattle?

Normally, I avoid your comments to avoid ban but to expose your lack of agricultural knowledge, I have to comment

To your questions

1) Ranch them in the North and when Southerners need Cattle meat, the North can process the meat and package it for export to the South.

This will create jobs for people in meat processing industries up North.

2) Get plastic pipes and perforate the pipes with big holes the size of 1naira coin per hole

Fill the pipes with soil , solid fertilizers, water and grasses that have been mixed together.

Water the mix in the pipes every morning with water.

Divide the pipes into 10 groups

Cut the grasses of each group every 10 days to feed the cows.

Hope I have given you a solution to the problem

@ Ipoblogic
ratcockoduduwa
Ojiofor

I want you guys to include this in any of your post in the front page to enable everyone see the real solution to farmers herdsmen clashes.

Sorry that I ignore the post earlier because I don't want mynd to ban me because of contrary opinion which is the true solution to the problem if they are sincere about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by frankihima(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2017
obailala:
When you hold much prejudice against a person, you lose your sense of reasoning whenever the person speaks or is spoken of.

What exactly was wrong with what Mynd44 said?... The question raised by the thread was "why we no longer hear of rampant herdsmen killings." He's the only one who gave a potential answer while everyone else on the thread seems to be blabbing. Now the sensible thing to do is to either agree or disagree with his answer. But you chose to attack him asking why he isn't condemning herdsmen killings and castigating him for 'supporting' the killings... Biko was that the question asked?... Are you alright?
if u want to hear Fulani herdsmen killing pls go and look for one and kill and come back to tell me the result.because u people didn't kill they are people that is why they don't retaliate if u kill they will also kill OK.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by paschu: 8:20am On Oct 05, 2017
Mr. Man, why do you derive so much pleasure from abusing your privileges?

Do you really think you are an unstoppable god? Why do you revel in distortion of reality. You are either pushing false narratives unashamedly or distorting truth without regard or fear.

What right do you have to change the title of this thread?

Farmer-herder conflicts never, under any guise, need to result to mass murder. So the OP's question is not about the conflicts, it's about the MASS MURDER.

Are there no farmers in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano and the rest of core moslem, Fulani dominated North West (not Southern Kaduna). Why then are those conflicts not used as EXCUSE for mass murder in the North West? Do you ever ask yourself that?

Can't you see that you are beginning to lose your rationality due to your gross insensitivity and penchant for falsehood?

Why did you not create your own thread to rationalize the herdsmen terrorist organization?

The OP was asking a legitimate question: "Why did the KILLINGS stop suddenly?"

Your false narrative of rain fall and tsetse fly is pure delusion. The recent killings in Taraba happened in the middle of rainy reason. And there are ship loads of herdsmen in the South as we speak.

So, my dear mynd44, repent from your evil ways. Stop abusing your privileges before it gets too late.

You had ZERO rights nor obligation to derail this thread. So your doing it was a gross abuse of privilege.

Mynd44:

How do the Americans feed their cattle? Is tse tse fly an issue?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by mechanics(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2017
MalcoImX:
No need to reply.
Dude is Kanu sympathizer, and by implication is sympathetic to ipoB terrorism.
lolz
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by obailala(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2017
frankihima:
if u want to hear Fulani herdsmen killing pls go and look for one and kill and come back to tell me the result.because u people didn't kill they are people that is why they don't retaliate if u kill they will also kill OK.
Sorry what ar you talking about and why is your comment directed at me?
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by GetMeRight: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2017
JUSTICE4Nigeria:
tse tse fly? please be more reasonable, this one fail
You're a joke and ignorant. What do you think as the reason why we don't rear cattle down south over the years?
You never did agriculture in your secondary school days?
You should thank the guy for giving you a priceless information. As old as you are, you never knew that prevalence of tsetse fly was the major reason we don't rear cattle down south.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by mechanics(m): 8:21am On Oct 05, 2017
it is the prayers of the righteous.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2017
tk4rd:
If I understand you well,, you are saying that the herdsmen killings will resume again during the dry season.??
Yes it will.

The only thing that can stop it is if the herds find food so they have no reason to go into farms
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by GetMeRight: 8:25am On Oct 05, 2017
tk4rd:
That was exactly the summary of his comment but due to hate and prejudice, many didn't bother to think about the original question.
The killings is a cycle, it has been like that for many years and we haven't addressed it.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:28am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Yes it will.

The only thing that can stop it is if the herds find food so they have no reason to go into farms

The solution to feeding is stated below

Pls endeavor to read

1) Ranch them in the North and when Southerners need Cattle meat, the North can process the meat and package it for export to the South.

2) Get plastic pipes and perforate the pipes with big holes the size of 1naira coin per hole.

Fill the pipes with soil , solid fertilizers, water and grasses that have been mixed together.

Divide the pipes into 10 groups.

Pls stop defending the backward form of Agriculture practiced by Fulani herdsmen and adopt this modern means

@ getmeright and Tk4rd
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Normally, I avoid your comments to avoid ban but to expose your lack of agricultural knowledge, I have to comment

To your questions

2) Get plastic pipes and perforate the pipes with big holes the size of 1naira coin per hole

Divide the pipes into 10 groups

Hope I have given you a solution to the problem

Ipoblogic I want you to include this in any of your post in the front page to enable everyone see the real solution to farmers herdsmen clashes.

Sorry that I ignore the post earlier because I don't want mynd to ban me because of contrary opinion which is the true solution to the problem if they are sincere about it
1. Ranch them up North. Okay

2. For that, you need to find grasses rich in fibre that can grow back every 10 days. In my first post here, I said the minister of agriculture suggested importing seeds of highly resistant grasses that can grow even with less water and on their own, no need for fertilizer or those things. Just plant them and they will grow and spread by themselves. This is a lot more cost effective than your idea dont you think. Will this idea work?

Now if this idea of importing seeds work, you dont even need ranches, you have huge spaces of land up north that the grasses can grow and cattle feed without bothering farmers and their farms yet peeps on this thread ignored it.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

1. Ranch them up North. Okay

2. For that, you need to find grasses rich in fibre that can grow back every 10 days. In my first post here, I said the minister of agriculture suggested importing seeds of highly resistant grasses that can grow even with less water and on their own, no need for fertilizer or those things. Just plant them and they will grow and spread by themselves. This is a lot more cost effective than your idea dont you think. Will this idea work?

Now if this idea of importing seeds work, you dont even need ranches, you have huge spaces of land up north that the grasses can grow and cattle feed without bothering farmers and their farms yet peeps on this thread ignored it.

Your idea is not the best

Ranch them then get perforated plastic pipes to help you grow lots of grasses in a small area of land

As for grasses, Nigerian grasses grow every 10days from my observation and are richer than Brazilian grasses.

Nigerian grasses are one of the best in the world

So you and the ministers idea are outdated

You don't need to waste so much land because of cattle rearing

If plastic pipes are expensive, use pipes made from clay and perforate them.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by GetMeRight: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

The solution to feeding is stated below

Pls endeavor to read

2) Get plastic pipes and perforate the pipes with big holes the size of 1naira coin per hole.

Divide the pipes into 10 groups.

Pls stop defending the backward form of Agriculture practiced by Fulani herdsmen and adopt this modern means

@ getmeright and Tk4rd

How did answers to the question that was asked become a defence to the backward form of agricultural practice by Fulani Herdsmen? I didn't get you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2017
The fear of restructuring
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44

My proposal can work in densely populated areas in the South where land is scarce to get.

Then ensure that the cow waste are processed into Biogas and Fertilizer.

These are additional 2 industries that can be set up beside the meat processing industry

These industries will get many almajiris out of the streets from begging

@ Ipoblogic and Ojiofor create a topic on how IPOB can create jobs for our people through this means.

@ getmeright fk001Gavelslam

Rotji

Pastoral agriculture must be eradicated and no grass must be imported.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by fk001(m): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2017
GavelSlam:

But why do you like to apply logic and intelligence?

You are meant to insult and use highly charged sentiments in making submissions.

And why are you providing links, images and citations?

You need to understand when dealing with a mob, throw insults, destroy reasoning and muddle up facts the best you can.

Gavelslam, the way he replied them is the best way.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Rotji(m): 8:43am On Oct 05, 2017
Human beings self, very terrible. When the herdsmen were on rampage you cried foul, now they've gone silent you are complaining.

All OP's points point to the fact that he is ipob, they have eyes but only see negative, please put some colour into your eyes and we will all be better for it.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Your idea is not the best

Ranch them then get perforated plastic pipes to help you grow lots of grasses in a small area of land

As for grasses, Nigerian grasses grow every 10days from my observation and are richer than Brazilian grasses.

Nigerian grasses are one of the best in the world

So you and the ministers idea are outdated

You don't need to waste so much land because of cattle rearing

If plastic pipes are expensive, use pipes made from clay and perforate them.
Okay, I will love to see empirical evidence to support your claim on Nigerian grasses especially the ones you claim grow back in 10 days, present the particular specie(s) what study you have done to obeserve this and lets talk.

Also factor in recurrent cost of pumps, fertilizers etc as against free growing grasses that only requires planting

We need to understand that Niger, Taraba and Benue can house every head of cattle Nigeria has and they still wont bother farmers there as long as they can get food.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by GavelSlam: 8:45am On Oct 05, 2017
fk001:

Gavelslam, the way he replied them is the best way.

Just being cheeky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:46am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:

Okay, I will love to see empirical evidence to support your claim on Nigerian grasses especially the ones you claim grow back in 10 days, present the particular specie(s) what study you have done to obeserve this and lets talk.

Also factor in recurrent cost of pumps, fertilizers etc as against free growing grasses that only requires planting

We need to understand that Niger, Taraba and Benue can house every head of cattle Nigeria has and they still wont bother farmers there as long as they can get food.

I will give you all these you seek for if you can connect me with the Minister of Agriculture to head this project up North

Tell them to contact me and I will head the project.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 8:48am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
Mynd44

My proposal can work in densely populated areas in the South where land is scarce to get.

These are additional 2 industries that can be set up beside the meat processing industry

@ Ipoblogic and Ojiofor create a topic on how IPOB can create jobs for our people through this means.

Rotji

Pastoral agriculture must be eradicated and no grass must be imported.
Goodluck rearing cattle permanently in the south when trypanosomiasis hits
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by OjukwuWarBird: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44

If you really want Buhari's government to succeed, tell them to contact me because I have solutions beyond agriculture.

I have well thought out solutions for education, unemployment and the military.

Just allow me to meet them and head the project for Reform.

as for this below

trypanosomiasis

I will get them the solution
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 8:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Mynd44:
Shows how much you know. When the rains come, most of these nomads go up north due to the return of vegetation up north and the presence of tsetseflies down south and with the herdsmen, the criminals among them hiding and disguising as herdsmen move.

The struggle between herdsmen and farmers can only be solved when herdsmen are able to source for food without going far away. Which was why Audu Ogbeh suggested importing high quality grasses which can survive the dry season up north which prevents herdsmen from going south to bother farmers or even farmers in the north.

Putting cattle in ranches is just going to cause meat scarcity in Nigerian. Ranch them up north, no food for 6 months each year.

Ranch them in the south, tsetsefly kills substantial amounts of them. Only solution is alternative feeding
this wonderful post should have been the topic and the useless topic by the OP be made a comment.

Who even moved this divisive and ipobic topic to FP when "nauraland says NO" secessionist", seun?
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by BALLOSKI: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
Mynd44

If you really want Buhari's government to succeed, tell them to contact me because I have solutions beyond agriculture.

I have well thought out solutions for education, unemployment and the military.

Just allow me to meet them and head the project for Reform.
speak to his men.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by 0m0nnakoda: 8:53am On Oct 05, 2017
Honestly I really do not know how some people reason?

5 pages of foolishness.

THE PREMISE: what is responsible for reduction in clashes/killing

Is there a reduction?

Reduction from what to what.

We really need to aske questions and think not react.

To talk of a reduction of anything that means measurement that means data. Without that we are in a beer parlour.

Assuming there is a reduction could it be because farmers have "surrendered" their farmlands.Maybe they no longer confront herds men
It could be that Nigerians in their typical adaptability have now come to accept that as "normal" like Emirs seizing people's daughters as wives and so on that it is no longer news.
I do not and cannot believe there is any such reduction without evidence

Tsetse fly is ancient history.When last did anyone hear of that or sleeping sickness?
Fulani hardly walk their cattle down from the north these days they bring them in trucks when they are young grow them till big and sell them locally within the same or neighbouring states.

Most of the reported killings this year were in the rainy season so that theory does not work.
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by 0m0nnakoda: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2017
BALLOSKI:
this wonderful post should have been the topic and the useless topic by the OP be made a comment.

Who even moved this divisive and ipobic topic to FP when "nauraland says NO" secessionist", seun?
Your obsequious brownnosing is nauseating. So that? He will like you?

That post is the most foolish on the thread.Totally devoid of logic or common sense
Re: What Is Responsible For The Reduction In Herdsmen-Farmers Conflict? by Mynd44: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:
Mynd44

Rotji

Pastoral agriculture must be eradicated and [b]no grass must be imported[b].

The problem you actualy have is the introduction of a new specie of grass cos according to you, Nigerian grass is better. Thank Obatala you were not the advisers to the Malaysians in the 1970s when they imported palm seedlings from Nigerian and now they export seedlings to us.

Please read this link from 2015 and you will get more ideas as to why I was sold on the idea. But then, mind has been made up

http://www.theorganicfarmer.org/Articles/know-your-pasture-grasses-brachiaria-high-quality-fodder-grass

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Politics Of The Border Closure / Pastor Chris Okotie At 63: I Wish To Head Interim Govt After Buhari / Atiku Arrives Jada, His Hometown In Adamawa State (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.