Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget (764 Views)

“Meet Muhammadu Buhari” Trends As Nigerians Drag President Buhari On Twitter / A Political Ward In Ogun State Without Any Tarred Road, Bank Or ATM / El-rufai: World Bank Won’t Grant Loan To Any State Without Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by maximunimpact(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
An open letter to Buhari on how Okowa is running Delta State without a budget
4th October, 2017
Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)
President Federal Republic of Nigeria,
Aso Villa,
Abuja.

AN OPEN LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA MOHAMMADU BUHARI (GCFR) ON THE ISSUANCE OF A BLANK BUDGET BY THE DELTA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY TO THE GOVERNOR OF DELTA STATE.

The above subject matter refers;

Mr. President, it is with heavy heart distress and grief that I write you this letter, Mr. President; I am an Indigene of Agbor, Ika South L.G.A of Delta State, former member of the House of Representatives, former Presidential Liaison Officer to the Senate and SSA to the President, former National Vice Chairman South South of the PDP and immediate past National Deputy Chairman of the PDP. This is to bring to your notice the hydra headed corruption and malignant impunity that is currently dancing and celebrating in the Delta State House of Assembly.
Mr. President, ten (10) members of the Delta State House of Assembly informed me (in strict confidence; that their names and families be protected) of the high level of fraud that is currently ongoing in their legislative House where they ply their trade as Law makers. According to them they were emboldened when they learnt that I had left the PDP on 16th September 2017 and they felt the urgent need to now confide in me that I have left the PDP.

The very important issue at hand is that the members confessed to me that up till 3rd day of October they have not seen, sighted or read a copy of the Delta State 2017 budget.

The Hon. Speaker of Delta State House of Assembly Rt. Hon. Sherrif Oborevwori signed only the last page of the budget and returned same to the Government; the Government then fills in the blank arbitrarily and apportions appropriation at will.

The Chairman of the Appropriation Committee of the Delta State House of Assembly and the entire members have not sighted the budget break down and estimates as the conventional practice, the actions of the Speaker with the active connivance of the Government amounts to issuance of a blank 2017 budget and appropriation for Delta State.
Mr. President, I dare any member of the Delta State House of Assembly to produce a copy of the approved budget estimate signed by the Chairman Appropriation Committee, the Clark and the Speaker, let any member display same on any website.
Mr. President, I had the opportunity to speak with Prof. Sam Oyovbaire on issues of impunity and corruption in Delta State. For your information Prof. Sam Oyovbaire presented Dr. Okowa to the Urhobo nation and Okowa was accepted by the Urhobos due to the person of Prof. Sam Oyovbaire.

I told Prof. Sam Oyovbaire that he has a name and integrity to protect, that he should disassociate himself from the mess going on in Delta State.

I therefore in all humility call on Mr. President who is credited by the International Committee not to own a single house and bank account outside Nigeria, who won the presidential general election against an incumbent President due to your anti – corruption credentials to kindly deploy your good offices to cause a thorough investigation into the fraud currently in Delta State through the Blank Budget and appropriations issued by the Delta State House of Assembly by the anti graft agencies.
Mr. President, I am 58 years old, a soldier of truth, if I cannot stand to defend my people on matters of this nature and injustice, then I will not be fair to my God and conscience. It is most excruciating and painful that our hard earned State resources are being stolen in broad day light.

DEMANDS

Mr. President, I humbly on behalf of the good people of Delta State plead and solicit of you to passionately cause and direct the relevant Government Agencies to investigate the above allegation against the Delta State House of Assembly.

I want to assure you, as the 2019 general election draws near, that over two (2) million votes are at stake in Delta State, your reward for addressing the fraud in Delta State shall be total unequivocal support for you and your Government and your Great Party the APC.
Mr. President, Delta State is dying. Kingly direct the EFCC, DSS, ICPC and Code of Conduct to investigate.

Kindly accept the assurances of my highest esteem.
Truly Yours,
Dr. Cairo Ojougboh

Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Seun
Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by preciousmaro: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ibori should better distance himself form okowa in 2019, if not we will disgrace him and that dull man
Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by HottestFire: 6:01pm On Oct 04, 2017

angry angry
Just tell me the platform that brought Okowa.

I therefore in all humility call on Mr. President who is credited by the International Committee not to own a single house and bank account outside Nigeria, who won the presidential general election against an incumbent President due to your anti – corruption credentials

Please is it the former Buhari or the new one? All in all na jonez you dey.

grin grin grin

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by LionDeLeo: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
OP, what exactly do you want Buhari Jubrin to do about it?

Or you want him to intervene then turn around to start calling him a dictator based on some provisions of the constitutions which make a state a self accounting unit as a tier of govt? undecided

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by sanandreas(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
Okowa is not paying primary school teachers. Please what is he doing with the monthly allocation?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by sanandreas(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
preciousmaro:
Ibori should better distance himself form okowa in 2019, if not we will disgrace him and that dull man

Okowa can't cough where Ibori is. His return ticket would be lost.
Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by SweetJoystick(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
Delta state is finished
Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by aolawale025: 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2017
The letter ought to be forwarded to the state house of Assembly

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by deji17: 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
Buhari is not a Military head of state. By virtue of the Nigeria constitution, channel your complaint to Delta state House of Assembly and if you think they are rubber stamp to the Governor, the court may be your other option and if all this fail, make sure you vote against Okowa in 2019. Mobilise for people to vote against him. This is one of the ugly side of democracy, but everyone has to play by the rules.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by RoyalUc(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Unfortunately, the President does not have the powers to grant your demands.

Restructure! Restructure!! Just imagine these same people being Governor(s) general of the various regions.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by AnodaIT(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Is just like reporting Osama bin Laden to Idi Amin
Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by warriiboguy: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
This Okowa carried on from where Uduaghan stopped raping the state. Delta state is now worse of than Uduaghan left it. Almost 3 yrs gone and not a single new project in Warri. Haba. Okowa 2019 is close.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by Efewestern: 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
seun and lalasticlala
how come this is not on fp?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Buhari On How Okowa Is Running Delta State Without A Budget by seunowa(f): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
I don't know why delta state is synonymous to corruption

(1) (Reply)

Senators Donate 1,270 Bags Of Rice, Fertilizer To Kogi Civil Servants / I Was Almost Rescued From Prison In Commando-style – Ex-president Obasanjo / Poverty Ravaging Nigerians Under APC Govt – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.