Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:54 PM

Do We Want To Become A Failed State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do We Want To Become A Failed State? (551 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigeria Is Becoming A Failed State – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Want To Become A Failed State? by bilms(m): 11:59am On Mar 08, 2010
Pat Utomi
Do we want to become a failed state? If we don't we have to force the FG to sit up and act. The indecisiveness of the FG is empowering forces of darkness. Take Jos for instance, why have we not speedily tried and jailed those responsible for the December and January killings? This shows weakness. The perpetrators of the violence are emboldened by this weakness and that's why hundreds died yesterday in Jos. PU

What is 'Democratic' in the Peoples 'Democratic' Party if it can undemocratically order Jonathan not to contest in 2011. Not that I want a Jonathan candidacy, but demoracy is about choice not imposition. Was it not the imposition of Yar'adua that has led to this current crisis? Let everyone contest.

Again, I want to say how impressed I am with the efforts of the
producers of this channel. Especially in these uncertain times youths
must take time to know and properly assess the leadership abilities of
those that lead or seek to lead them. PU

“I am the minister of information for the Federal Republic of Nigeria but if you ask me, I have no information about this matter” Dora Akunyili, March 1st, 2010.I commend Dora for speaking the truth. If his minister of Information does not know, who then knows the truth about his health? I call on the ExCOF to summon the courage to relieve Nigeria from this shame. PU.

Youths need to proactively x ray the current administration and those who desire to lead this country come 2011 if we must move beyond the fiasco that have been the past 2 years. PU.

This situation is playing out like a badly produced village play. Why for instance would acting president Jonathan have to meet with Turai? What role does the constitution give her in directing the affairs of Nigeria? This comedy has gone on for too long and we need to call for decorum at the villa. PU.

It's betrays distrust between the President and his Deputy/cabinet that he kept word of his return from them. If the presidency cant work as a team can we be surprised that they've achieved little since 2007? The President's spokesman says that Jonathan would still be in charge.

The Anambra elections have vindicated the Uwais Committee. If Yar'adua (who imposed Soludo as the Anambra PDP candidate without a primary) was not on his sick bed, Soludo would have won. But the true winner emerged because the president could not intervene.

With the crisis over Yar'adua's disappearance, we've failed to note that inflation has risen sharply, foreign debts have increased from $1.9 in 2007 to $4 billion and both the Reserve and the Excess Crude Account which held $48 and $12 billion in 2007 have been depleted. Rather than address these.

(1) (Reply)

Rotational Presidency Is Not New To Us, At Least Impliedly / Soyinka Calls For Criminal Proceeding Against Turai / Governor Daniel Says No Opposition Exists In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.