Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,862 members, 7,810,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict (1253 Views)

BTEL Becomes Nigeria’s Newest Entrant To Compete With MTN, Glo As Mobile Network / Urgent Apple Warning: Every iPhone User Should Check Settings Now! / Itel Surprises Longtime Customers With Car Rewards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by JayKayMaybachz(m): 6:47am On Oct 05, 2017
Review by Matt Weinberger who works with Business Insider

I love the review that's why I have decided to share this on Nairaland because none of us have seen nor used the new Google devices (Pixel 2 & 2 XL). Here's what he has to say about the andriod device and the iPhone.

On Wednesday morning, we got our first look at the Google Pixel 2 and the Pixel 2 XL — Google's latest and greatest flagship Android phones, designed in-house by the search giant's growing hardware team.

I've been rocking an iPhone regularly since 2011, so I jumped at the chance to try the Google Pixel 2 in person.

Google bills the Pixel as the top-of-the-line phone that shows the true potential of Android. And I was eager to see for myself how it stacked up.

And try it I did. I got the chance to go briefly hands-on with the Google Pixel 2 after the big reveal. And while it's hard to tell in a quick demo, I came away impressed.

Here's the deal with the Google Pixel 2.

Here's the flagship Google Pixel 2, which will start at $649. It has a really, really, really nice 5-inch Amoled screen that puts my iPhone 6S to shame. And while I didn't get the chance to really test it, Google says the Pixel 2 camera is better than the iPhone's or any other smartphone's camera.

Right off the bat, you should know that no version of the Pixel 2 has a headphone jack. In that way, at least, it's exactly like Apple's newest iPhones.

It does, however, fit nicely in the hand.

This is the larger Google Pixel 2 XL, with a 6-inch display. This one will go for $849. You can preorder both phones right now, for later shipping.

Both phones sport the same two-tone design on the back, with a fingerprint sensor. It certainly gives the device a little extra visual flair.

And speaking of visual flair, some colors of Pixel 2 have a different-colored power button. Nobody is going to mistake this for anything other than a Pixel phone.

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by 1bunne4lif(m): 6:52am On Oct 05, 2017
ok
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:07am On Oct 05, 2017
It's nice and thin ...

... and weighs almost nothing.

One fun thing you can do with the Pixel 2 is squeeze it. No, wait, come back! Squeezing the phone brings up the Google Assistant, the search giant's Siri rival. If Assistant is already on the screen, squeezing the phone again activates the microphone so you can talk to it.

The part that really gave me Android envy, though, was the smarts. With a new Pixel-exclusive feature called Google Lens — currently in beta — the Assistant can scan your photos and give you relevant information. Scanning this album art, for instance, brought up an option to listen to the full record on YouTube.

Or if you scan a poster, it'll pull out the email address or phone number so you can get in touch right away. It's super neat, and Google says that, at least for now, it's only on the Pixel.

I'll probably still go with an iPhone after this, based on my short experience with the Pixel 2. But more than anything else, the killer screen, the camera, and especially the artificial-intelligence-powered smarts made me think seriously for a few minutes about going Android. And as I'm a longtime Apple user, that's a huge victory in itself for Google.

The New iPhones Line Up

Hello, Everyone after the review what's your choice?

The iPhone or The Android Phone (Google Pixel 2), If you were to make a choice..

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-pixel-2-hands-on-photos-2017-10/#right-off-the-bat-you-should-know-that-no-version-of-the-pixel-2-has-a-headphone-jack-in-that-way-at-least-its-exactly-like-apples-newest-iphones-2
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by Efostick(m): 7:22am On Oct 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by PrinceJoeWan(m): 7:43am On Oct 05, 2017
So after being impressed by the pixel 2, u still went on with ur iphone, ARE U REALLY IMPRESSED?

1 Like

Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by bravesoul247(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2017
I'll have to save up to get this Google pixel device. Atleast I'll use it alongside my Tecno spark
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by HarveyDeven: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Way too expensive considering some of the specs and the design.
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by Milo30(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2017
bravesoul247:
I'll have to save up to get this Google pixel device. Atleast I'll use it alongside my Tecno spark
Google Pixel, along side your Tecno Spark? Not Phantom or some other high end at least? How about a Mercedes AMG GT along side your bicycle? grin

1 Like

Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by bravesoul247(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2017
Milo30:

Google Pixel, along side your Tecno Spark? Not Phantom or some other high end at least? How about a Mercedes AMG GT along side your bicycle? grin
Oga, you've not seen the normal trend of people using an android or iPhone with Nokia torchlight Abi? Even if I want to use Google pixel and 3310 how is it your concern? Nawa o
Re: I'm A Longtime iPhone User Who Got To Try Google's Newest Pixel Phone: Verdict by Milo30(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2017
bravesoul247:
Oga, you've not seen the normal trend of people using an android or iPhone with Nokia torchlight Abi? Even if I want to use Google pixel and 3310 how is it your concern? Nawa o
The comment pain you? Eya, sorry.

(1) (Reply)

Help With Spam Software On My Phone / Oneplus 5T Specifications And Price / Itel A15 Is Highly Be Recommended For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.