Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,101 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:18 AM

I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba MassacreMassacre- Cheta Nwanze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba MassacreMassacre- Cheta Nwanze (544 Views)

Anioma Vs Igbo By Cheta Nwanze / Who Sold Nigeria To The British For £865k In 1899? - By Cheta Nwanze / Igbo V Yoruba, By Cheta Nwanze (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba MassacreMassacre- Cheta Nwanze by myright: 6:48am On Oct 05, 2017
Cheta Nwanze, social commentator and researcher at SBM Intelligence, says he was sent off air on Thursday while having a live interview on Nigeria Info FM.

Nwanze, who was the former managing editor at YNaija, an internet newspaper for young Nigerians, told TheCable that the station manager claimed to have received a phone call from the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) ordering him to stop the discussion.

“We were on air, I was talking, the station manager came in, spoke to Nelly (the host), and she stopped me and played an advert,” he told TheCable.

“Then she reached out to him and found out that the NBC had called him to stop the discussion.

“I was talking about the Asaba Massacre. It happened on October 7, 1967.”

The show, Midday Dialogue, was hosted by Nelly Kalu.

Efforts to reach the radio station and the show host to confirm the incident proved abortive as they did not respond to the messages sent via Twitter.

The Asaba massacre occurred during the Nigerian civil war. Troops had invaded the houses of civilians, who they claimed were Biafran sympathisers.

About 700 lives were reportedly lost in the incident.

The 50th anniversary of the event is expected to hold in Asaba, Delta state capital, with dignitaries like Wole Soyinka, Nobel Laureate, Donald Duke; former governor of Cross River and Matthew Kukah, bishop of Sokoto diocese, in attendance.

https://www.thecable.ng/cheta-nwanze-i-was-sent-off-air-for-discussing-asaba-massacre[i][/i]
Re: I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba MassacreMassacre- Cheta Nwanze by hucienda: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2017
A lot of evil attrocities were done on Easterners those terrible years.

It is good to know history.

1 Like

Re: I Was Sent Off Air For Discussing Asaba MassacreMassacre- Cheta Nwanze by Mynd44: 6:56am On Oct 05, 2017

(1)

Buhari’s 360,000 Jobs For Youths Ready Soon / Hezbollah In Delta State: Fall Of The Infidels... / “i’ve Never Had A Girlfriend In The Past 26 Years” – Governor Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.