Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo (3809 Views)

Help My Pup! / Help My Pup / My Pup Warrior Turning 2months Next Week (bb,gsd Mix) Rate Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Greetings, I got a new pup Just last week, I did the vaccine (dhlpp) last week Wednesday but i discovered the pup has Parvo now

It started on Sunday, his stool has been watery and smelly also he wouldn't eat well unlike before

My vet and i gave few medications yesterday but i still need help from you guys

I heard Parvo is a very dangerous diseases don't want to loose my precious pup to it cry
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by kelac(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
Whatever happens keep the pup hydrated. Make sure you give it water as often as possible while medication is on

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Greene66: 4:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sorry for your loss man..

The pup is going to rest.. Set him free.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by ogiste(f): 6:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
08038362663 call dis no asap
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 7:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
Greene66:

my puppy is not going to die

I've a strong feeling

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
ogiste:
08038362663 call dis no asap

Alright I'll
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by countsparrow: 4:14am On Oct 06, 2017
vincentjk:
Greetings, I got a new pup Just last week, I did the vaccine (dhlpp) last week Wednesday but i discovered the pup has Parvo now

It started on Sunday, his stool has been watery and smelly also he wouldn't eat well unlike before

I heard Parvo is a very dangerous diseases don't want to loose my precious pup to it cry

What your dog needs is support, it has to be placed on intravenous fluid to keep it hydrated and administered antibiotics... I am sure if ur vet is competent, he will know that... Then Love and support goes a long way, be there by its side from time to time, that enough lets the pup fight for its dear life...

Been there before, good luck

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Namdeenero(m): 7:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

Not all pups die from parvo attacks
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by 14teenK: 7:55am On Oct 06, 2017
My pup was down with parvo on Sunday.....we are still on the course of recovery. She stopped eating on Sunday and started vomiting b4 evening she started foaming. I took her to the vet immediately because I knew diarrhea would start sonnest. Now I don't know what your vet have been administering to your dog, but mine got a tablet forced down her throat and another liquid one forced down also, then she took an injection around her buttocks area. Parvo doesn't have a cure as I know, they just contain the disease and boost up the dogs immune system to fight back. So those medications where: to stop the vomiting / boost immune and appetite to take something, the later was to stop any form of diarrhea. Believe me your dog won't taste anything till she is through with all this, in the situation where she doesn't take water you have to force her with a syringe Or drip, your vet should know better. Mine just started eating a little yesternight after 3days medication non stop. She is as lean as a broom, and she only eats fries like chicken nothing else every other meal pisses her up, so gently the appetites come back till she is good again.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by qubys(m): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
vincentjk:

call or whatsapp 07032372066
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by mayor2013: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2017
90% of vets in Nigeria are big quacks some do not not know how to manage Parvo. You need to start medications for yourself if you truly love your dog. Have add different breed of dogs ranging from boerboel to rott to GSD. I can confidently tell you the rotts are more susceptible to Parvo. Boerboel have got a strong immune to parvo.

Go down to a pharmacy get syringe, get amoxil 500mg, get diastop which is a liquid then get glucose. Do not feed your dog for now. Drop glucose in water and use syringe to administer by a taking drips and put in the dog's mouth. Do same for the diastop too. Use the amoxil from day1 for every 6hrs. Your dog would loose weight though but when he or she is alright would be ready to eat.
Lastly, get hypo to wash faeces and pea and it's environment which is highly contagious to other pups within the environment. If you have other pups isolation is the first thing to be done. Wish you best of luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2017
Greene66:

Good morning all

My pup is very very fit and i can gladly say that he has added some weight

I'll post the pictures soon

Thanks to everyone that contributed

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by rumenase(m): 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
mayor2013:
90% of vets in Nigeria are big quacks some do not not know how to manage Parvo. You need to start medications for yourself if you truly love your dog. Have add different breed of dogs ranging from boerboel to rott to GSD. I can confidently tell you the rotts are more susceptible to Parvo. Boerboel have got a strong immune to parvo.

Go down to a pharmacy get syringe, get amoxil 500mg, get diastop which is a liquid then get glucose. Do not feed your dog for now. Drop glucose in water and use syringe to administer by a taking drips and put in the dog's mouth. Do same for the diastop too. Use the amoxil from day1 for every 6hrs. Your dog would loose weight though but when he or she is alright would be ready to eat.
Lastly, get hypo to wash faeces and pea and it's environment which is highly contagious to other pups within the environment. If you have other pups isolation is the first thing to be done. Wish you best of luck

do yu know any drug that stops vomiting for dogs?
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
Greene66:

He didn't rest at all

My dog survived and he's now 6months old, instead of you to help me look for a solution just like others did rather you told me to allow him rest SMH

People called me both on phone and whatsapp chat so i got to know what and what to get for home treatment

I thank you all... Na only God go bless una for me.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Nobody: 1:04am On Feb 07, 2020
vincentjk:

Good morning all

My pup is very very fit and i can gladly say that he has added some weight

I'll post the pictures soon

Thanks to everyone that contributed
Bro!
Please guide me on this parvo thing abeg you! My 12week old GSD started foaming and diarrhea last night. And he's slipping fast!
What can I do asap? Please don't mention vet, the ones around me are just after money.
Note: He has taken 2 vaccination shots,
Please help me.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 1:16am On Feb 07, 2020
ModelX:

Bro!
Please guide me on this parvo thing abeg you! My 12week old GSD started foaming and diarrhea last night. And he's slipping fast!
What can I do asap? Please don't mention vet, the ones around me are just after money.
Please help me.

Just drop your WhatsApp number lemme chat u up
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 07, 2020
vincentjk:

Thanks brother
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Godfirst01(m): 10:02am On Apr 21, 2020
vincentjk:

Bro, please I need urgent assistance in treatment of parvo. I just observed the symptoms in m 4 months old puppy this morning. I have called the vet and he asked me to get
Amoxyl beecham syrup
Metronidazole syrup
Promecthazine syrup. He will be on his way shortly to check the puppy
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 12:25pm On Apr 21, 2020
Godfirst01:

Bro, please I need urgent assistance in treatment of parvo. I just observed the symptoms in m 4 months old puppy this morning. I have called the vet and he asked me to get
Amoxyl beecham syrup
Metronidazole syrup
Promecthazine syrup. He will be on his way shortly to check the puppy

Drop your whatsapp number immediately let's continue pls
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Godfirst01(m): 12:54pm On Apr 21, 2020
08036463650. Thanks[quote][/quote]
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Godfirst01(m): 12:55pm On Apr 21, 2020
vincentjk:

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by harmony940(m): 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please can you help me too,07083991886
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by odrian(m): 12:48pm On Feb 03, 2021
ModelX:

Bro!
Please help me.

Greetings.... my pup has been having watering stool, I observed that last night and this morning there a little of red substance on the stools, sources told me that’s a sign of pavo ... I urgently need your help ....
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by odrian(m): 12:53pm On Feb 03, 2021
vincentjk:

He didn't rest at all

My dog survived and he's now 6months old, instead of you to help me look for a solution just like others did rather you told me to allow him rest SMH

People called me both on phone and whatsapp chat so i got to know what and what to get for home treatment

Greetings.... my pup has been having watering stool, I observed that last night and this morning there a little of red substance on the stools, sources told me that’s a sign of pavo ... I urgently need your help ....
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by okayman4real(m): 9:54pm On May 16, 2021
vincentjk:

please help me too, I lost 3 dogs just 2weeks ago.

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by olamirewaju6190: 8:12am On May 17, 2021
This is not parvo season how the hell Ur dogs av it
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Cutezt(m): 1:57am On May 18, 2021
Reading through this and how the dog survived even after someone prophecy doom on the dog, I felt sad remembering my dogs Smart and Fristy, they were gifts from a neighbor who had a local dog that loves me so much, and I don't fail to play and even buy fish just for the dog to eat and enjoy.

Now the dog gave birth and became aggressive, so her husband said he doesn't want the dog anymore, in fact, he does not want to see any dog in the house again, so they sold the mum, but the woman was not happy about letting all her dogs go, so she gave 2 amongst the ones she loved, to me, hoping they would grow and birth, by then, she will be able to convince her husband to allow her get another dog from me. Even though they were local dogs I loved smart and Fristy so much, they were funny and aggressive even at a young age, which was what I wanted, smart was fearless for a dog of less than 6 months. I did not let them go out to mix with other dogs in the area, they were always indoors, a neighbor developed love for them too, in fact, anytime he is coming back, he always brings bones for them all the way from Porthacourt where he works, he will hold the bones till he gets to Lagos every single week.

One day, Fristy started getting slow, stopped eating, got thinner and all, I did not understand what was going on, after about 2 days, I decided it was time to go to the vet. This was not my first dog, but I never had any issues with Sadam until it died after almost 10 years of living. Anyways, I went to the vet and the man told me that the chance for survival is slim once a dog gets parvo, I was really sad, I told him to do what he can, he did, but unfortunately, Fristy didn't make it, it was a very sad one for me, so I read up about parvo and realized I needed to make sure smart doesn't mix with Fristy but it was too late as smart was always fond of playing and biting Fristy even while she was ill, and in just 2 days, smart was gone too. I was very shocked and sad, the woman who gifted me the dog was even more sad, the sad look on my neighbors face when he came happily with the bones he brought all the way from Porthacourt, almost made me cry.

So after 2 years, I decided I was getting another dog, this time, an Eskimo, and in honor of My old dogs, I will name her Fristy, and name her first male child, smart.

But the aim of the thread is to help people not very familiar with all these vaccination stuff for dogs.

Please just tell me all the vaccines I need to give her to stop all these illnesses, just name them, I'll pay whatever to get her fit till the end, I don't have the heart to loose another dog.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by okayman4real(m): 12:56am On Mar 12, 2022
vincentjk:

He didn't rest at all

pls what are d treatment you gave ur dog? Help me pls. I had d same issue.
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by vincentjk(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2022
okayman4real:
pls what are d treatment you gave ur dog? Help me pls. I had d same issue.

Everything is written on this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/4373838/murphy-boerboel-gustaf-german-shepherd

Just read from page one.
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by ayummy(m): 10:32am On Apr 07, 2022
Good day all, please for God's sake I need help ... My Lhasa is down with pavo.. stopped eating, and watery stool two days ago.. I took him to the vet yesterday, the bill is running towards a 100k.. I don't even have 10% of that funds.. but I was able to pay the vet for some drugs (names of those drugs are not on the packs as the packs are branded in the vets name) but I could Identify vitaminC.. the dog started vomiting last night.. this morning I have him the drugs again, he vomited all. What can I do. I am literally running out of my mind... Please Help. ����� .. he is 4months plus

Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by 4lashy(m): 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2022
Where's yoyr location?

ayummy:
Good day all, please for God's sake I need help ... My Lhasa is down with pavo.. stopped eating, and watery stool two days ago.. I took him to the vet yesterday, the bill is running towards a 100k.. I don't even have 10% of that funds.. but I was able to pay the vet for some drugs (names of those drugs are not on the packs as the packs are branded in the vets name) but I could Identify vitaminC.. the dog started vomiting last night.. this morning I have him the drugs again, he vomited all. What can I do. I am literally running out of my mind... Please Help. ����� .. he is 4months plus
Re: I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo by Pbuikem(m): 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
I believe I've found cure for Parvo virus...just read this and judge.

So 3 days ago I came home to one of my 7 weeks old American Eskimo puppy lying on the floor looking cold and more dead than alive. It was looking weak when I was leaving for work that morning but I was in a hurry and couldn't attend to it. So at this time, his condition was hopeless. I was kinda reluctant to touch it with my hands, I used my leg to nudge it to confirm if it was still alive...was that bad. After that, I took a towel and used it to be able to touch it and pick it up (it looked infectious and dead, and scaring.)

It was lying in a pool of clear liquid which had come out from his mouth. I picked it up and took it into the parlor. Immediately after cleaning him up with cold water and toweling him, the next thing that popped into my head was egg and cod liver oil. Why?
In 2018 during my Youth Service in Maiduguri, we had a local family house dog at the Nccf. Being a big dog lover I adopted those dogs and even helped the females deliver their puppies. One time when I returned from a month long travel I was told all the puppies I had delivered were poisoned to death by our Muslim neighbor and that only one was still alive and battling for his life. I dropped my bags there and then and went straight to the backyard to pick him from where he had been isolated. He was all ribs literally, no exaggeration. His skin was gummed to his ribs. His teeth was tightly shut and he was smelling really bad. The vet graduate corpers in the family house had put him on drip and all sorts of drugs, I took him from there and brought him out into the compound. It was then that I first bought a syringe, one egg, and packet of codliver oil.

I broke the egg into a plate, mixed it with the tip of the syringe, drew it with the syringe (no needles), and injected it into the mouth of the dog towards the back of his throat so he was forced to swallow. Next I bit off the tip of the cod lover oil and emptied it into his mouth. I also mixed milk in water and injected it into his mouth. And did same with water, a few syringes. After this, I left him with the new set of puppies that came after his set (bad idea now that I know it was Parvo and is infectious, but they were all fine).

By the next morning, no jokes, this puppy went to eat with the other house dogs. He was two - three months old at the time this happened. And in two weeks, he regained his weight fully. By one months time, he was fat like a big plumb dog.

So for some reason, three days ago, I carried one egg again, with one capsule of 1000gm cod liver oil, and water. I gave the egg first, about 2-3 syringes, poured the cod liver oil in his mouth, then syringes of water. And seriously guys, no jokes, in about one hour this dog regained his strength. His crippled feet that was as fable as when he was born became strong again. It was like a joke. Then I poured the remaining egg in water proof and boiled it, and he actually ate plenty of it (can't remember if he actually finished it cos I was panicking at the time).

I dropped him in the parlor and went outside to change out of my work clothes only to see that his sister was lying paralyzed on the same spot I had picked him from. I knew what had happened and called my brother to take the other 3 into isolation and mop the floor of that whole area. I took this new one, her own was worse than her brother's. I ran out to buy egg as I was out of egg. Then I did all the things I did for the brother. She was not responding, her strength was still gone, she was struggling really bad. Her brother was walking all around the place, a little weak and running temperature, but at least he was walking. That was how I slept with these two puppies until midnight when the sister started getting back to herself. I dropped them there and went to bed.

By morning I was rushing to come and see if it's two dead puppies I was going to bury or one. But to my surprise, two of them were still alive. I was ready to go to the vet, but I needed to attend to the sister once more as she had not yet started to walk. I gave her 4 syringes of water and in few minutes (MINUTES!), she was walking and the both of them were running after me in no time.

The vet was useless, won't bother talking about my experience going to the vet. But I came back home to finish what I had started.
That night, after isolating the healthy three, I gave them syringes of egg and a capsule of cod liver oil each. And in the morning before going to the vet I gave all 5 another round of egg, cod liver oil and water.

I did this round of shots again in the evening before going for my night shift. Long story shot, on Christmas yesterday I released the two previously sick puppies to the healthy ones and you couldn't tell the difference. I made their mother suckle them after they came out and then gave them food with the rest.

I was feeding them eggs. I didn't give them milk this time because of what happened to my kitten in 2021, long story for another time.

BUT GUYS, THREE PUPPIES AT DIFFERENT TIMES, DIFFERENT BREEDS....it has to be something. Try it for your dog. IT'S INSTANT CURE!!!

Please, I am not a doctor or anything. I am just a big dog person since my first puppy in 2018. Still check with your vet.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Bullmastiff Puppies for sale / Strange Animal Killed At Football Field / Woman Gets Arrested After She Posted A Pic Of Her And Her Pet Dog Having Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.