Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

#ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten (27608 Views)

Man Who Killed Father Of Chikelu Iloanyusi Arrested After 5 Years . Photo / Man Killed By Cultists Days To His Wedding After Fleeing For 5 Years. Photos / Man Released By Ritualists After 2 Years In Ibadan Because He Wasn't Useful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by danielnmerengwa(m): 8:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ishilove:

You are quoting the wrong person.
y say so?
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by kingthreat(m): 8:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
I heard the boys were confraternity members. Y'all should put your energies to fighting against cultism in Rivers state. Its getting worse
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by cococandy(f): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
I will never get over this. I'm sure their families are in even more turmoil.
It will never be well with those who supported this and those support jungle justice of any kind

3 Likes

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by itzchinnyjey: 8:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Man's inhumanity to man, may their souls rest in peace
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by emeka1101: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
JoeMaddog:
Yea. .. Bit.ches Normal rhetoric "broke" as if they've ever work for money in their life I know you're use to lowlifers that anyone you see seems it... Ugly debbie from Ghana, you need to go out of that your Ghana to know Ghana is nowhere near a country. It's not better than Zambia or Togo. When we talking Nigeria, we can talk about SA or Kenya not small Ghana that the economy of Lagos is bigger than.
BTW, hope that nigga you came to visit last month in Nigeria bleeped you well

Hahahaha nigeria a country? Why should you even think of comparing a useless zoo like nigeria to Ghana? Is Ghana not like heaven to nigerians? nigerians are trooping to Ghana like refugees so shut up there.Hahaha who even wants to travel to a useless underdeveloped zoo like nigeria ? You bi mumu in chief
What makes nigeria a country?
Hahahaha hahahahahahahaha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by officialflex(f): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
been seeing stories about this aluu boys for long now, i finally went to google to search for what truly happened, and it was disheartening, they way they killed those boys was sooo bad, God help me if i was in uniport that time after watching that video, i will do everything in my power to raze the whole community down , stupid dare devils, animals, i will make sure that community become a thing of the past if i had the power, the student did not do justice to them, to think police men were there was so bad, i wont stop at aluu alone i will root the family of those police man to the last generation, there lives and properties will accompany those boys on there painful journey, aluu had better thank there ancestor for that small thing the student did to them. I hope those guys rest in perfect peace. oh lord help us

1 Like

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Odjesha: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2017
YoungRichRuler:
Na so these guys die o.
And the case vanished
d murders of does boys has been sentence to death
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Buchi19: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
still remember i was in yr 1 then, and how my proposed rag day was cancelled because of this killing.Time can go so fast, may their soul continue to rest in peace
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by IbBarham(m): 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
Rip to them
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
Deo1986:
what Op posted isn't factual. The truth of the matter was this: those young men where 'mafians' a trendy cult of the sons of the rich in portharcourt. That fateful morning(4:30 am) they were on their way to remove their number one whom they claim was not rugged enough. They were actually five in number! On sighting them at that odd hour, the number one jumped the perimeter fence screaming thief, thief. The one with a gun actually shot wether in the air or at the fleeing number one no longer matters and that was what really caged them because the vigilante group demanded an explanation for the gun shots when they were conered. and then the one with the gun, shot again in the air to disperse the vigilante group a in order for them to escape but th rest didnt understand so he alone escaped. The incident was indeed a tragic one. While we condemn such outlandish act, we do well to advise our kids and loved ones to steer clear of cultism. I have written a book on the incident, i titled it 'Tragedies'.
how do i get the book?
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
highness25:
the pic shown where they were beaten to death didn't look like the incident happened around 4am.
it happened at 4am, they were kept chained till the dawn were they passed out jungle justice on them
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Omoluabi16(m): 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
Ishilove:

I have never watched the video. I don't have stomach
it was a sad one
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by gmacnoms(m): 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
Deo1986:
I know the actual story will not be palatable. Anyway believe what was cooked for you by the then Amaechi's Government.
I wasn't doubting or believing You. I jst wanted to know hw u get to know such
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Deo1986:
what Op posted isn't factual. The truth of the matter was this: those young men where 'mafians' a trendy cult of the sons of the rich in portharcourt. That fateful morning(4:30 am) they were on their way to remove their number one whom they claim was not rugged enough. They were actually five in number! On sighting them at that odd hour, the number one jumped the perimeter fence screaming thief, thief. The one with a gun actually shot wether in the air or at the fleeing number one no longer matters and that was what really caged them because the vigilante group demanded an explanation for the gun shots when they were conered. and then the one with the gun, shot again in the air to disperse the vigilante group a in order for them to escape but th rest didnt understand so he alone escaped. The incident was indeed a tragic one. While we condemn such outlandish act, we do well to advise our kids and loved ones to steer clear of cultism. I have written a book on the incident, i titled it 'Tragedies'.

Stop spreading fake news. Even after the police cleared them, you can still post this. It was confirmed that Tipsy, sent a message to a family friend after day break. So your 4:30am gist is fake from the get go. The man who raised the false alarm who was owing Tipsy even submitted himself to the police station. Yet you are broadcasting fake point one gist.

Stop spreading lies and rumors.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:26am On Oct 06, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
it happened at 4am, they were kept chained till the dawn were they passed out jungle justice on them

Stop spreading lies. At least browse the police report and equip yourself with the truth. I think Chidiaka went for dance practice (SOD) that night and did not meet them until he met Tipsy that morning after day break.

That 4:00am arrest is a fake lie. Stop spreading what you have no idea about.

Tipsy paid for rent and the man who was supposed to be an agent, held the money for months. They went to meet him for their money and he raised a false alarm. He even submitted himself to the police and said he did not know they would be killed.

Stop the lies.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:28am On Oct 06, 2017
alcuin:

Are you sure about this? Or you are just trying to rehash a cooked up story to defend the act.

He does not know anything about the situation. Jut spreading fake rumors which spread faster than the truth.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31am On Oct 06, 2017
anibestlala:
For the first time someone has been bold enough to tell the other side of the story though you didn't add how Aluu was turned into a den of stealing ,raping and molestation by these cultists.In fact watching the video you would wonder why they didn't scream their innocence while they were beaten and like guilty criminals formed hard men until they were gruesomely murdered. Jungle justice is evil and so is joining cult groups to oppress others.

How is that lie anything close to the truth? You are among those who are ready to see the blood of innocent spilled to satisfy your thirst for revenge. It was proven beyond doubt it was not a cult related incident. They were not armed and were not in that place before day break. Yet you keep parading fake lies five years after these young men were murdered.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by chuks34(m): 1:28am On Oct 06, 2017
The killing of this boy's have made the town a miserable place, strange things keep happening there

1 Like

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by sotomayor: 3:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Melian:

Were they really cultists?
yes dont be decieved
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Bishops10(m): 3:20am On Oct 06, 2017
viviangist:
#ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten

The Aluu four 4 was a necklace lynching that involved four young men, Ugonna Obuzor, Toku Lloyd, Chiadika Biringa, and Tekena Elkanah, all students of the University of Port Harcourt.

They were all lynched after they were falsely accused of theft in Aluu, a community in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria on 5 October 2012.

Incident

Chiadika Biringa, Lloyd Toku Mike, Tekena Elkanah and Ugonna Obuzor were all friends, first sons of their parents, and students of University of Port Harcourt. The four students were also occasional roommates. Ugbonna sometimes spent the night with Tekena who lived outside the campus. He moved in because his residence on campus was broken into multiple times. Ugbona and Tekena were coming back from outside the campus one night when they met their other friends, Chiadika and Lloyd. One of the four had a debtor living in the nearby village of Aluu so all four decided to meet the person together. In the cause of settling the debt, a misunderstanding ensued which turned sour and eventually turned into a fight.

The debtor started screaming, claiming that the men were there to steal laptops and mobile phones. The vigilante group was alerted with the impression that the students were the criminals disturbing the community. The four men were chased through the streets by the stick and stone-wielding vigilantes, stripped naked, beaten and tortured until they were almost unconscious. Afterwards, in the presence of a crowd, they were dragged through mud, had concrete slabs dropped on their heads and car tyres filled with petrol wrapped around their necks in order to burn them.

A sister of Tekena was nearby and discovered that her brother was about to be killed via "jungle justice." She tried to intervene and rescue him with his friends by screaming at the top of her voice at the mob and reiterating their innocence but she was overpowered by the size of the mob. People from the mob told her to flee. In a last attempt to save her brother's life, she decided to contact other family members and the police, but the men had been killed by the time the required assistance was sought. The murders were filmed with a mobile phone and uploaded on the internet.

Reactions

The video went viral, with most viewers condemning the crime. Condolences were sent to the families of the victims. The Senate condemned the jungle justice that members of the community carried out where the four students were hurriedly murdered without trial in the presence of a crowd. Students of the University protested the murders and went on rampage by rioting and destroying properties in the community were the students had been lynched.

Aftermath

The lynching was widely viewed in Nigeria and the rest of the world. The crime further exposed the "jungle justice" or "mob justice"' which was still prevalent in Nigeria, as well as exposed some loopholes in Nigeria's law enforcement system. Several people where arrested in connection with the crime

Via : http://www.viviangist.ng/aluu4-5-years-in-remembrance-gone-but-not-forgotten/

Chidiaka was my brother... RIP bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by sotomayor: 3:24am On Oct 06, 2017
gmacnoms:
I wasn't doubting or believing You. I jst wanted to know hw u get to know such
even a sars official said it. A cultist i know said it too
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Deo1986(m): 5:05am On Oct 06, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
how do i get the book?
okadabooks.com
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Deo1986(m): 5:19am On Oct 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Stop spreading fake news. Even after the police cleared them, you can still post this. It was confirmed that Tipsy, sent a message to a family friend after day break. So your 4:30am gist is fake from the get go. The man who raised the false alarm who was owing Tipsy even submitted himself to the police station. Yet you are broadcasting fake point one gist.

Stop spreading lies and rumors.
believe what you please mr. I have tried to release the info as it happened without being judgemental. Granted, their manner of death was too painful and barbaric and shouldnt be forgiven, but a rational being has got to question all side: why should they be in that kind of enviroment at such time(you are saying it wasnt four thirty am) why did the chief refuse to come out and see for himself? And did you know that the group of people who hasten their death were a particular group of boys called iceland and baggars? You all got your info from the social media and rumor mongers but which ever beliefs suits your nerves stick to it.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:28am On Oct 06, 2017
Deo1986:
believe what you please mr. I have tried to release the info as it happened without being judgemental. Granted, their manner of death was too painful and barbaric and shouldnt be forgiven, but a rational being has got to question all side: why should they be in that kind of enviroment at such time(you are saying it wasnt four thirty am) why did the chief refuse to come out and see for himself? And did you know that the group of people who hasten their death were a particular group of boys called iceland and baggars? You all got your info from the social media and rumor mongers but which ever beliefs suits your nerves stick to it.

I thought you knew all. So why are you asking questions? You can see you were actually spreading fake news you had no idea about. I am shocked by your questions above.

The man whose house they went to was owing tipsy for several months. He said he was going to pay Tipsy that morning. At that time, Tipsy was staying at Lloyd's house because he wanted to leave his former area due to the repeated crimes there.

He met Chidiaka and Tekena on the way that morning. So it was not 4:30am.

Some of those who took part in the murder even confessed they knew nothing about what was happening and partook thinking they were criminals. Even the Chief claims he was directly involved.

So stop spreading fake news.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:33am On Oct 06, 2017
sotomayor:
even a sars official said it. A cultist i know said it too

Your sars official and cultist friend are lying because they have no knowledge of what happened. Anyone telling you it was due to cult related activities is lying. Simple. There was an official police report and announcement which explained it was not cult related or armed robbery related.

The person who raised the false alarm, the house they were, presented himself to the police and confirmed he made a false alarm.

Now you are proving you are just spreading hearsay rumors of people who were guessing earlier what caused the death without knowing the truth.

You are spreading rumors just like your sars and cultist friend. Stop it. It is bad.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:35am On Oct 06, 2017
Bishops10:

Chidiaka was my brother... RIP bro

Sorry for your loss and may God give you, his family and friends the strength to bear this loss.

2 Likes

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by Deo1986(m): 6:18am On Oct 06, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I thought you knew all. So why are you asking questions? You can see you were actually spreading fake news you had no idea about. I am shocked by your questions above.

The man whose house they went to was owing tipsy for several months. He said he was going to pay Tipsy that morning. At that time, Tipsy was staying at Lloyd's house because he wanted to leave his former area due to the repeated crimes there.

He met Chidiaka and Tekena on the way that morning. So it was not 4:30am.

Some of those who took part in the murder even confessed they knew nothing about what was happening and partook thinking they were criminals. Even the Chief claims he was directly involved.

So stop spreading fake news.
Of all the crowd that paticipated in that barbaric act, how many were do you think were apprehended? no is siding that act on those boys but the fact is: what the media dished to the public was doctored by the Amaechi's government then. So i dont see any reason to drag this issue with you. Like i said, stick to what you think is the fact.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by ichommy(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2017
Day to Remember, Rest On Brother...

1 Like

Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34am On Oct 06, 2017
Deo1986:
Of all the crowd that paticipated in that barbaric act, how many were do you think were apprehended? no is siding that act on those boys but the fact is: what the media dished to the public was doctored by the Amaechi's government then. So i dont see any reason to drag this issue with you. Like i said, stick to what you think is the fact.

Another insinuation you have no fact to back it up with. Did you see Amaechi doctor anything? Just another fake rumors. The man who raised the false alarm, who was owing Tipsy submitted himself to the police and explained he did not expect the Vigilante to kill them. He confirmed he was owing Tipsy and Tipsy came for his money. There was concrete evidence that Tipsy sent a message that morning (around to seven am) that he was going to collect his money and give her money to travel to Lagos)

It created an outcry against Jungle Justice because innocent young men lost their lives. Stop trying to justify murder with spreading fake news. The young men suffered too much while alive. Do not tarnish them with false unverified information. Thank you.
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by webngnews: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2017
Sad
Re: #ALUU4 5 Years In Remembrance - Gone But Not Forgotten by highness25(m): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
were you there at that time 4am?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teenage Student Commits Suicide In Delta After Being Rebuked For Dating / Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom / Man Shares Near Death Experience With Boko Haram And The Army In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.