Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,108 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) (2651 Views)

FG Hints On Revival Of Two Ministries Scrapped In 2015 (names) / SARS Will Be Reformed Not Scrapped – Nigeria Police Insists / Restructuring: The 1999 Constitution Should Be Scrapped - Bisi Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by berlusconib2: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
What is your opinion if the Federal Government decided to scrap the said Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) due to their continuous harassment to poor and unharmed civilians[color=#000099][/color].

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
They are as deadly as terrorists

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nightwolf1: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
SARS operatives in portharcourt are band of criminals. Moment they discover money in ur pocket, u must submit to their demand or u are illegally detained and branded a cultist.

In Rivers state, once u are branded a cultist and taken to court, it's straight up to jail pending when DPP say otherwise.

Now the Nigerian police men are using this provision to swindle people of their hard earned money and send those who refused to give them bribe to jail.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Mrjo(m): 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2017
The question is which force is better? To me they are all the same
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by BlackDBagba: 8:11pm On Oct 05, 2017
I like F - SARS guys. One call and they are at the door ready to you know what grin
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by yanshDoctor: 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
we got it all wrong from 1999. abasenjo uses the police force and army to ring election across the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Ezionye(f): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
All of them are the same

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
Lets all try and learn more about a situation before we cast judgement. I hate the entire Nigerian police in general not only SARS. But I watched this particular video on YouTube a few weeks back. The idiot that was shot was actually the one chasing after, challenging, and practically 'begging' the SARS guy to shoot him.

I mean, you see hungry-looking SARS policeman wey carry loaded AK-47, you still dey chase am, dey pursue am, dey tell am "shoot now, you no fit shoot, shoot me if you be man, shoot now, oya shoot". You chase the sars mofo comot for filling station where una dey para, the mugu come shoot u for leg, u come here dey shout police brutality. You be bloody idiot! You lucky say no be army, na cobra twisting your portion for be.
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by dustmalik: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2017
vivvianne:
Lets all try and learn more about a situation before we cast judgement. I hate the entire Nigerian police in general not only SARS. But I watched this particular video on YouTube a few weeks back. The idiot that was shot was actually the one chasing after, challenging, and practically 'begging' the SARS guy to shoot him.

I mean, you see hungry-looking SARS policeman wey carry loaded AK-47, you still dey chase am, dey pursue am, dey tell am "shoot now, you no fit shoot, shoot me if you be man, shoot now, oya shoot". You chase the sars mofo comot for filling station where una dey para, the mugu come shoot u for leg, u come here dey shout police brutality. You be bloody idiot! You lucky say no be army, na cobra twisting your portion for be.
Could you share the link to the video?

OP, there is no way SARS would see you and start harassing you for no reason. People always do something wrong, but when SARS reacts, they start screaming abuse.
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by mrcrabs(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
dustmalik:

OP, there is no way SARS would see you and start harassing you for no reason. People always do something wrong, but when SARS reacts, they start screaming abuse.
All I will say to this your post is. Sars never stop you or get your time if they do you will come back here to give testimony

3 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2017
vivvianne:

Vv plz utube link
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2017
dustmalik:

The original longer length video has been taken down, but I managed to find another version of it, though its not as long as the one I watched. Here it is below, you guys can clearly see the idiot that was shot and his friend shouting 'oya shoot, you no fit shoot' at the sars-fool, and the sars-fool running backwards away from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjl8VfL4774
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by dustmalik: 12:09am On Oct 06, 2017
vivvianne:

The original longer length video has been taken down, but I managed to find another version of it, though its not as long as the one I watched. Here it is below, you guys can clearly see the idiot that was shot and his friend shouting 'oya shoot, you no fit shoot' at the sars-fool, and the sars-fool running backwards away from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjl8VfL4774
It's very clear that the SARS operatives were provoked into shooting.

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by dustmalik: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2017
mrcrabs:
All I will say to this your post is. Sars never stop you or get your time if they do you will come back here to give testimony
SARS operatives have stopped me on several occasions, and nothing ever happens. Once you conduct yourself properly, no one would harass you.
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Teaser4(m): 12:13am On Oct 06, 2017
I only know SARS on the beat, d dude geh mad jams.
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by GetUmad: 4:40am On Oct 06, 2017
Teaser4:
I only know SARS on the beat, d dude geh mad jams.
The same thing with SARS on the gun.

3 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by GetUmad: 4:44am On Oct 06, 2017
SARS should not be scrapped in my opinion. They are actually nightmares to Armed Bandits and Robbers.

However, just like every other Nigerians, they tend to abuse and misuse their power and privileges. What I would suggest is re-orientation and new but more strict policies for rule of engagement which involves huge sanctions on any officers caught shooting an unharmed civilian. No one is guilty until proven so at the law court.

2 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by freeze001(f): 4:48am On Oct 06, 2017
vivvianne:

So, mere verbal provocation is some kinda justification to shoot at an unarmed man? Is shooting in that circumstance a professional or lawful action? So you're actually excited that armed police men that should be responsible for your safety took aim and fired at a citizen who didn't constitute a threat to their lives or that of anyone?

How do you even sleep? Have you become so thoroughly dehumanised and brainwashed that such blatant crimes will earn your applause and commendation? People like you are the reason armed security personnel lose every discipline of their training and attack private citizens because they will always find willing supporters like yourself.

God forbid!

2 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by freeze001(f): 4:54am On Oct 06, 2017
dustmalik:

It's very clear that the SARS operatives were provoked into shooting.

Provoked? By word of mouth? No arms or lethal weapon in his possession he intends to use against the SARS officials? U really think that that excuse of provocation will stand before any sane,competent authority?

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by insecticide: 5:21am On Oct 06, 2017
GetUmad:
grin
GetUmad:
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by nabiz(m): 6:23am On Oct 06, 2017
freeze001:

So, mere verbal provocation is some kinda justification to shoot at an unarmed man? Is shooting in that circumstance a professional or lawful action? So you're actually excited that armed police men that should be responsible for your safety took aim and fired at a citizen who didn't constitute a threat to their lives or that of anyone?

How do you even sleep? Have you become so thoroughly dehumanised and brainwashed that such blatant crimes will earn your applause and commendation? People like you are the reason armed security personnel lose every discipline of their training and attack private citizens because they will always find willing supporters like yourself.

God forbid!
so u call what that guy did a made verbal provocation. Do u know from the seriouseness on the guy's face he cab collect the guy from the sars. Bleap on the guy. How i wish he was short on the head

2 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Eyimofe2017: 6:41am On Oct 06, 2017
freeze001:

God forbid!

Exactly, mere provocation, he was not with a gun.... SARS and the Nigeria police are not worth it.... when I was in the university, I saw SARS members and MOPOLS who were cultist.
Moment they see a group of boys, na to start unofficial raid...bail is 100k even after breaking their bones

they are corrupt too...I pray never to encounter them in my life.

I was travelling from Kano to Lagos and a lady was on her period, we encountered some of them, they woke a lady up cos she was sleeping, come and see how they were harassing her that why would she sleep at the checking point, that she had something to hide,they went through her stuffs,saw a stained pant she'd earlier changed in lokoja in an eatery, they were shouting that either shejust had an abortion or shes a ritualist.... I was embarrasssed at the kind of people who are mentally unstable that the government had imposed on his citizens as security operatives... I was so mad at them, had to speak up asked them if their mothers, sisters and the likes don't menstruate.

invading ones privacy all in the name of security operative

2 Likes

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by brainpower(m): 7:00am On Oct 06, 2017
There's no justification for shooting any citizen whatsoever as long as the person isn't provoking you with a gun, even if the person has a gun and is running or isn't pointing it at you, you still shouldn't shoot him. There are rules of engagement in handling arms.

In as much as they have their uses, I think they have taken their job too far, it's the only criteria for your being recruited into SARS is that you must be and behave like an animal or a tout. They dress anyhow, handle guns with at least 3 magazines tapes to it, the display machetes anyhow.

Though I know they are also fighting animals but with the way they go about it, I think they should change or be scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 06, 2017
Deal with them
Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by mightyokwy(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2017
dustmalik:

You never encounter those mofos. Try go ansu igbariam campus and ask questions on what they pass through in the hand of those criminals. When I was still in school those days, they came to viewing center where we were watching UCL game and park as many as they can and some of us escaped. They left with more than 20 student that night and each person was bailed with 50k. Pray you don't encounter them.

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Skinnienigga(m): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2017
dustmalik:

Taaah! I just witnessed SARS operatives brand my friend a cultist and label her new car as stolen just cos she just came back from overseas and has a few tattoos. They collected 200k from her before releasing her just yesterday! God go punish all of them.

Na why robbers dey always shoot at them.. Most of them are a band of corrupt people who would harass you terribly cos they have guns and superiors That Won't carry out proper investigation.

I just set wait for the day den go try the nonsense come my side. Awon oloshi.

I go dey drive without license now.. Make dem con call me yahoo boy na. Stupid people.

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Bakerdav: 10:05am On Oct 06, 2017
They should be scrapped finally oo,bcs there embarrassment is just too much,they don't know there work,they will just keep pursuing someone up and down for driving car,thief they will not catch them

1 Like

Re: Should SARS Be Scrapped? (pics) by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2017
freeze001:

God forbid!

You're a fool. Even in the US, its called Justifiable Self Defense. And if the officer is challenged in a court of law, he is fully within his rights to claim that the suspect was intent on inflicting bodily harm on him, and that the only way he could prevent himself from being assaulted, and his firearm taken away was to shoot the suspect in a nonvital area so as to demobilize him, which the SARS guy clearly did. I can't believe I'm actually on the side of a Nigerian policeman, but in this particular case, the SARS guy was rightfully and appropriately protecting himself from possible assault.

And do you really believe that an armed SARS operative would run from a supposedly unarmed warri guy if the SARS fool didn't believe that his personal safety was in doubt. If he had allowed himself to be pushed into a gutter, hit or injured, its idiots like you who would come here and start giggling about Nigerian policemen being weaklings. You apparently don't know this, but in addition to maintaining Law and Order, an important duty of every policeman in every clime is to maintain the Dignity of the Police Department or Force that he or she works for so that citizens can respect and lookup to them. Its just unfortunate that Nigerian police officers (the vast majority, infact nearly all of them) don't subscribe to this mentality.

In the US where you apparently feel that such a thing would never happen, people get pepper sprayed merely for aggressively exchanging words with a policeman, and 4 months ago in the Bronx, I witnessed a Puerto Rican thug being shot IN THE CHEST for doing the EXACT SAME THING this idiot was doing, though to be honest the NYPD officer warned him three times to back away, and the Puerto Rican idiot was aggressively brandishing a slim piece of wood.

(1) (Reply)

“jubril Of Sudan Masquerading As Buhari Must Stay Away From Biafraland Or Else B / Dr Ifeanyi Ubah Is The Biggest Investor In Amuwo-odofin Lagos, Ohanaeze Ndigbo / President Akuffo Addo Is A Hypocrite. Ghana Also Has Fulani Herdsmen Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.