Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship (612 Views)

How To Deal With Insecurity In Marriage Or Relationship / Dealing With Insecurity In Relationship / How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship by eneazi(f): 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2017
It takes time to pick ourselves up after a bad relationship and when we do it makes us feel emotionally vulnerable we always feel the past will come back to bite us, we begin to suspect the people we are with and misinterprete everything they do by being anxious and practically making ourselves detective and judge over their actions even when we know our partners are decent, caring and honest people. This insecurity has led people to end their relationships before their partners even get a hint of what is happening with the excuse that it is better to walk away rather than risk the hurt of being abandoned.

An insecured person can confuse imagination with reality, just like the artist considers painting as a pathway across dimensions, same can be said of the way an insecured perceive their his/her partner in a thousand way. They feel every acquaintance or friend is concealing something about their partner they are not aware of. The over imaginative insecured will take a friendly chat with the waitress at the restaurant as flirting. They always assume their imagination represent reality when it's the opposite. It's important to differentiate between imagination and reality.

Most of the time we let what has happened to us bend our perception of what is happening now making us to become too demanding and clingy. A friend of mine who was dealing with insecurity told me of how she gets suspicious anytime her husband steps out of the house, and whenever he was quiet I remember telling her that "if you let the man be him, he will respect you enough not to disrespect you" My point respect your partner's privacy, stop the jealousy thing and the mind reading game, just as you have the rights to your thoughts without being questioned so does your partner give your relationship a room to breathe.

Take it or leave it people respond to their relationship based on past experience. If they were with an abusive person in the past they become defensive by so doing controlling their partner. If you really want to deal with insecurity in relationship it entails becoming less controlling stop putting pressure on your partner like this is what you want, this is how you want this and that done, setting some scary trap for them or trying out some kind of love test just to know if they really love you or not. This kind of things cause tension in relationship looking for uncertainty where it doesn't exist by questioning your partner's efforts let go of the uncertainty and enjoy what you have because nothing in the life you have is certain.

I believe there is good in all of us, everyone has that good thing peculiar to them, well until the person is pushed to the wall. My point is better you focus on the good side of your partner. To help you with this i suggest you write a list of all the things you like about them and what you dislike beside it. If the good supercedes the wrong i suggest it's about time you focus on the good.

Source: eneazi..com

Re: How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship by omhor(f): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
In my view relationship is like black market, which it can turn out to be good or bad.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Insecurity In Relationship by eneazi(f): 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Exactly...

(1) (Reply)

Inter-religious Marriage. Opinions Please / What Do You Think Of President Trumps' Ban On Transgenders In Military / Top Student, 19, Secretly Gives Birth In Her Dorm Room Before Throwing Her Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.