Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer (23142 Views)

How To Create Website Like Yocliq.com In Wapka / Nairaland CEO Seun Osewa Picture / New To Programming?, You Wana Bcome A Good Developer In The Near Future?, Com In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:

Ohhh.. Apart from opening the site, my mentorship is free.. I don't charge a dime for it
pfff cat piss...who needs all that BS
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by deepwater(f): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2017
idu1:

Don't blame anyone for their failure.

They just fail because they got it wrong somewhere the CEO is not telling us. Olx, jiji who most people consider to be dubious are still there.

Businesses fails, people fails.

My oga, the policies by this government is not business friendly at all. If you run any at the moment, you would understand me much more
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Finstar: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
pfff cat piss...who needs all that BS

Lol.. Maybe you don't.. Someone else do.. Now can you leave my mention?
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by donqx: 9:08am On Oct 06, 2017
really
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by lollmaolol(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
yusuf01:
This company shut down operations a long time ago, and according to the staffs, the company was badly managed, lots of unnecessary expenses and aquisitions including renting choice apartments in banana island, meetings in five star hotels and the likes. The managers forgot the company was still a start-up (irrespective of funds coming in from investors). Two of the people I know worked there, before their eventual collapse

Very valid

Plus top executives sleeping with each other!

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by ehissi(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
arsenal33:

but you live in the zoo, and refused to go to 'promised land' when kanu invited you

EWU

Dont mind that confused mammal! undecided

Ewu gambia........................ angry
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by oshaosha2014(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Pls enlighten me.
Finstar:

Lol.. Go and find the meaning of "investors" then tell me if we're in anyway discussing about an invention. My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by ogbiwa: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:
You see, even a company with experts as team couldn't even survive the competition. And one of my student who doesn't have money nor the technical experience is disturbing me to create such a site for him.. Not that I can't create it, I don't like delving into something I know won't bear any fruit. Starting such a site will require millions and the right team. If you don't have it, don't even bother.

What I do is help people, give them the right advice on how to make it online. If your dream is unrealistic, sorry, i'm not ready to work with you.

If you want to delve into the online world, especially as a webmaster or blogger, give me a call or whatsapp.. Make sure your dream is realistic.. 0.8.1.6.7.9.7.0.9.6.9.

I think you sound too cocky for your own good. Sorry to say

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by ehissi(m): 9:18am On Oct 06, 2017
deepwater:

My oga, the policies by this government is not business friendly at all. If you run any at the moment, you would understand me much more

Leave him. Even Jumia has had consecutive losses for two years and is planning to leave Nigeria if the trend continues in their next financial year. Maybe they will still call Jumia's management incompetent when it happens.

Useless propaganda government.................

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by clemmonce(m): 9:26am On Oct 06, 2017
modelmike7:
If a company that did so much advertising and publicity couldn't survive in our nation, I wonder what the future holds for we aspiring entrepreneurs.
always negative minded. didn't you read where it was said that mismanagement caused their downfall....
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by ogbiwa: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2017
Chidonc:

lol bro, a man like me cant work with a man that has a mind set as yours even for free., there is nothing like an unrealistic dream, dreams people view to be unrealistic have changed the world from time immemorial, stop killing people spirit with this attitude of yours, hundreds of years back it was thought impossible to fly and when Wright brothers had a dream of flying the sky, people like u saw them as mad men, today we know the rest, or do u want to talk of electricity by Thomas Edison, I can go on listing a thousand others.

Had no idea someone else saw that. I mean people in their bid to sound professional end up sounding over cocky and stupid. For starters nobody even knows you on NL and you're already asking people with "realistic" dreams only to call. Like who do you think you are to determine what qualifies as a realistic dream. Just smh

2 Likes

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by ehissi(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2017
Rayhandrinni:
no be money you wan collect? just de misyan

Thats guy is a cross between a start-up web designer and a wanna-be motivational speaker with no money in his pocket. So bloody uncouth with the arrogance of a cocky inventor who thinks he is in a league all by himself. Most likely he may just be.................... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Finstar: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2017
ogbiwa:

I think you sound too cocky for your own good. Sorry to say

Apology accepted.. Please enlighten me
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by baddosky1: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2017
eagleonearth:
I almost bought a car through their site last year. The only problem I discovered was that Custom officers use that site a lot to auction impounded goods.

Those are not custom officers. They are scammers!
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by nototribalist: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2017
yusuf01:
This company shut down operations a long time ago, and according to the staffs, the company was badly managed, lots of unnecessary expenses and aquisitions including renting choice apartments in banana island, meetings in five star hotels and the likes. The managers forgot the company was still a start-up (irrespective of funds coming in from investors). Two of the people I know worked there, before their eventual collapse
imagine, and they are trying to put the blame on internet Data. Well TSTV is here to reduce this data problem. N300 / 1GB
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by delugajackson: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2017
wiringdpt:
Second time i will see this comment today, is this your new punchline to get likes?
You are very observant. That dude has nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Chukason1:

Do you know in conclusion you didn't make any point ..... Must you comment without thinking Smh for your generations

*copy and paste*
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by enigma2007(m): 9:55am On Oct 06, 2017
modelmike7:
If a company that did so much advertising and publicity couldn't survive in our nation, I wonder what the future holds for we aspiring entrepreneurs.

I don't know them o!
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Fingerprinter(m): 10:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:

Ohhh.. Apart from opening the site, my mentorship is free.. I don't charge a dime for it
I want to start a niche blog. I want you to guide me. How do I contact you?
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by khalids: 10:26am On Oct 06, 2017
modelmike7:

Did you read the part about the CEO embezzling the companies funds.....

What kills a lot of businesses is mismanagement of funds...
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Finstar: 10:31am On Oct 06, 2017
Fingerprinter:

I want to start a niche blog. I want you to guide me. How do I contact you?

Contact me with 0.8.1.6.7 9.7.0.9.6 9.

It's also on whatsapp
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Chidonc(m): 10:37am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:

I think you need to read my post again.. This time, read it slowly while holding your head.

Cowbell started with finance, team and the technical know-how skill. What do you think I have been purporting here on the thread? I said in such an intense competition, you need finance, the right team and the technical know how. If these are lacking, then it's an unrealistic dream.
I can't keep replying you, but one thing is sure, if u read about some of the most successful and influential men in history, their dreams where unrealistic if we should go by ur anlysis, cos they had no money, no technical know oh, and all other things u listed. I Will leave you with this words, there is nothing like unrealistic dreams.

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by sircrabo: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:

I think you need to read my post again.. This time, read it slowly while holding your head.

Cowbell started with finance, team and the technical know-how skill. What do you think I have been purporting here on the thread? I said in such an intense competition, you need finance, the right team and the technical know how. If these are lacking, then it's an unrealistic dream.

Finstar, I've read your posts. We have something in common. People have very big dreams they are not prepared to finance. It all appears good and achievable in the head. If you tell them to start and grow with time they think you are a pessimist. Its as a result of too many motivational books written bby white men

If you see your self counting millions of dollars in your dream, will you prefer to continue in bed or wake up and face reality No body wants to be a realist again

Its good to dream but better to face reality.
I had a lot of people come to me to build a site that will bring heaven closer to earth for them but they can't even afford the fee for hosting not to talk of running adverts online and offline

I've heard people talk about setting up an e-commerce site to sell their stuff online. Not thaat its not possible but ask yourself, can I handle logistics within and outside my state ? Can I run 24hrs online and offline ads ? Do I have the right team to handle the website ?

Brothers, leverage on konga and jumia for now and earn in thousands. When you've gotten enough experience and financial support you can talk of floating your own e-commerce site

Why not start with what your capacity can carry and grow with time.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Finstar: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2017
Chidonc:

I can't keep replying you, but one thing is sure, if u read about some of the most successful and influential men in history, their dreams where unrealistic if we should go by ur anlysis, cos they had no money, no technical know oh, and all other things u listed. I Will leave you with this words, there is nothing like unrealistic dreams.

My dear, I have seen people with this unrealistic dream.. They end up not only wasting their lifetime, they end up in regret. If you're passionate enough about your dream, please pursue it. When you're passionate, you'll strive to know the technical know-how. If you're passionate enough, you'll struggle to gather the resources and team. Where I have problem with some people is when their only motive is to make money overnight.. Because Mr. B has made it doesn't mean you will..

3 Likes

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Finstar: 11:05am On Oct 06, 2017
sircrabo:

Finstar, I've read your posts. We have something in common. People have very big dreams they are not prepared to finance. It all appears good and achievable in the head. If you tell them to start and grow with time they think you are a pessimist. Its as a result of too many motivational books written bby white men

If you see your self counting millions of dollars in your dream, will you prefer to continue in bed or wake up and face reality No body wants to be a realist again

Its good to dream but better to face reality.
I had a lot of people come to me to build a site that will bring heaven closer to earth for them but they can't even afford the fee for hosting not to talk of running adverts online and offline

I've heard people talk about setting up an e-commerce site to sell their stuff online. Not thaat its not possible but ask yourself, can I handle logistics within and outside my state ? Can I run 24hrs online and offline ads ? Do I have the right team to handle the website ?

Brothers, leverage on konga and jumia for now and earn in thousands. When you've gotten enough experience and financial support you can talk of floating your own e-commerce site

Why not start with what your capacity can carry and grow with time.

My brother, you've said it all..
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by wman(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2017
The basic truth is OLX, Jumia, Konga and most of these Nigerian internet startups are not yet profitable. They still depend on funds from investors.

It took Amazon 10 years to become profitable. E-commerce is a very tough niche to navigate especially in Nigeria where a large percentage don't trust goods bought online.

I shake my head for a lot of people that want to jump into eCommerce anyhow without the resources, the innovation and the drive to make a change. No feasibility studies of any kind.

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by wman(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2017
Finstar:

My dear, I have seen people with this unrealistic dream.. They end up not only wasting their lifetime, they end up in regret. If you're passionate enough about your dream, please pursue it. When you're passionate, you'll strive to know the technical know-how. If you're passionate enough, you'll struggle to gather the resources and team. Where I have problem with some people is when their only motive is to make money overnight.. Because Mr. B has made it doesn't mean you will..

You're so right. A lot of people want to start unrealistic businesses without proper planning and in depth knowledge of how things work.

People want to build mansions straight without starting from a single room. Some Nigerian game developers want to build a game that will rival Call of Duty without even creating a basic 2D game first.

1 Like

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by bzm7: 12:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Closed........

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by 4dor: 12:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
modelmike7:

Hotels.ng, Flutterwave, Paystack etc all raised money during this period in fact Hotels witnessed rise in revenue, Paystack has handled almost a billion naira worth of transactions. Efritin was destined to fail mainly because of financial recklessness of it's team. It was an open secret on twitter how they all messed with funds.
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by eagleonearth(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
baddosky1:

Those are not custom officers. They are scammers!
are you serious? I thought as much. They can tell you to bring 1m for Lamborghini. Thank God I didn't fall for them.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by EagleScribes: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Funjosh:

The data issue is not an excuse at all, are they the only one doing such here, they have bad management and employed incompetent individuals to manage it.

smiley
Re: Why We Shut Down Efritin.com In Nigeria – CEO, Nils Hammer by Sharon6(f): 12:57am On Oct 07, 2017
WebSurfer:

Where are you located

We do deliveries nationwide. My number is on my signature, call/whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pay For Facebook Ads In Naira (with Pictures) / China Is Launching It's Own Version Of Wikipedia / Photos: Lagos State Government Website (lagosstate.gov.ng) Has Been Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.