Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,212 members, 7,825,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (34485 Views)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / Indian Man To Die By Hanging For Destroying 4-yr-old Girl's Intestine Via Rape / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Many don't understand this. Even if you arm yourself with slippers and use it to threaten someone to hand over his property, it's armed robbery.

The ignorance on this thread is sickening.

I understand you can educate people in what they don't know. I'll accept the tag “ignorant fool” just to learn.

Mynd44, please quote the section in the constitution. I'll check it up. Thanks in advance.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by buffalowings: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Question not answered.

Ignore mode activated.

undecided undecided
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Let's recharge accordingly.
Damn he's still in pains.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Ladyjumong(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2017
this one serious ooo shocked
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by LionDeLeo: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2017
ikennaf1:

Damn he's still in pains.
Igbos are pigs and Idiots ~Nnamdi Kanu. cheesy
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by buffalowings: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Igbos are pigs and Idiots ~Nnamdi Kanu. cheesy
Somehow you had to default to type to make an argument
misterh:
Many don't understand this. Even if you arm yourself with slippers and use it to threaten someone to hand over his property, it's armed robbery.

The ignorance on this thread is sickening.
Now that you said it.
We will need proof
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Dollabiz: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

The question is: did he kill his victim? Nobody is supporting crime but capital punishment? A government official will steal money and get plea bargain. What an irony.

I'll have to read my copy of the constitution again to know the punishment for armed robbery.
He didn't have to kill someone before he's sentenced. The court works by the law and not what some people believe is right.

The punishment for armed robbery according to Nigeria's Criminal Code is death.

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Olukat(m): 8:45am On Oct 06, 2017
Mynd44:

The punishment for armed robbery is death.

See, if you arm yourself with stones and rob someone, punishment is death. The Appeal court will affirm it

Well I'm not a lawyer but I think this judgement may not stand at the Appeal court.
The type of arm is not in contention but was the arm put to use?
What happens to those armed with pen?
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by delishpot: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2017
That is the punishment for armed robbery. I wonder why kidnappers and ritual killers and rapists don't face the same fate too.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by wintersnow(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2017
capatainrambo:
hmmmm death harsh for the matter o

she didn't kill anybody na 20 yrs in prison for do.
usless judge

She is a He grin grin
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2017
I wonder how the judge sleeps at night
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by LionDeLeo: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
[s]
buffalowings:

Somehow you had to default to type to make an argument

Now that you said it.
We will need proof
[/s]
Sharrap and stop quoting me with all these jugunu comments.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by lastempero: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
What a joke?
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
He didn't have to kill someone before he's sentenced. The court works by the law and not what some people believe is right.

The punishment for armed robbery according to Nigeria's Criminal Code is death.

No problem. Understood. Please refer me to where I can source that information. I'll to quote authoritatively next time and not out of context.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

I understand you can educate people in what they don't know. I'll accept the tag “ignorant fool” just to learn.

Mynd44, please quote the section in the constitution. I'll check it up. Thanks in advance.
Check Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act. It's captioned "Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats".
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by ipobarecriminals: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
angry grin sad
Pvibe007:

My guy Shut up. What about millions of Nigerians that has died due to massive billion naira looting by our so called Senators and Law makers ! You will just be typing rubbish on your 3000naira techno fone ! Waka Banza
undecided
Pvibe007:

My guy Shut up. What about millions of Nigerians that has died due to massive billion naira looting by our so called Senators and Law makers ! You will just be typing rubbish on your 3000naira techno fone ! Waka Banza
Baba uche Why u dey para?Dnt pity Amu Roba.Is it until they visit u/slap ur flat bum bum with their menacing cutlass/u pee on ur trouser @ their sight.Ket them hang them
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Tbillz(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.
Never pity any armed robber o.
and baru, bruntai, stella oduah, maduieke, saraki are still walking with dignity. NIGERIA IS A CAPITAL JOKE!
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Ijaya123: 8:50am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
Which politician have I defended on corruption allegation?

Moreover, the only non corrupt Nigerian is the one who hasn't been privileged to be with the public fund.

Don't even go there. The level of corruption in the the private sector is mind-bugling.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by itsandi(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2017
Capital punishment for robbery?
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Mynd44: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Olukat:

Well I'm not a lawyer but I think this judgement may not stand at the Appeal court.
You do not have to put the arm to use before it is called armed robbery.

In some countries, if a crime is committed and in the event, a shoot out occurs and an innocent bystander is hit by the policen not criminal ooo) the suspect will be charged with murder. It is the law.

If you arm yourself and rob anyone, the punishment is death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by hush15: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.
Never pity any armed robber o.

You are right. An armed robber who didnt kill on the day of operation is either under the influence of God not to trigger the gun or had great sex with the girl of his or her dream before the operation.
Armed Robbers are always intoxicated whenever they are armed and can do as they please at the slightest feeling. An experience with them them is never a good one. It's the height of wickedness to rob someone and still cause bodily harm to that person you dispossessed.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
Olukat:

Please check the meaning of 'armed'. The armed being referred to here is the one that involves the use of threats and violence.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
See civilized country even serial killer na life imprisonment.
Attempted robbery na hin be death sentence
How many countries still approve death sentence
Men naija is worse than north korea
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 8:54am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Check Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act. It's captioned "Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats".

Thanks. I appreciate. I'll update on the thread after going through it.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

No problem. Understood. Please refer me to where I can source that information. I'll to quote authoritatively next time and not out of context.
Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act is the source of the information.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Please check the meaning of 'armed'. The armed being referred to here is the one that involves the use of threats and violence.

Abeg shut up stop typing trash there is no were in the constitution that approves death sentence of armed robbery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Staff Steals 52 Computers, 3 Weeks After Employment (Photo) / 2 Burglars Raped For 5 Days Nonstop After Breaking Into Home Of A Notorious Gay / Army Kills Isoakpaefid Second-In-Command & Spiritualist In Akwa Ibom (Graphic P)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.