Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (34484 Views)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / Indian Man To Die By Hanging For Destroying 4-yr-old Girl's Intestine Via Rape / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Udmaster(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2017
Wtf
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by toprealman: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
a very Nigerian justice, capital punishment for an armed robber who did not kill his victim, and a fine for a politician who stole billions that could have been used to save many lives
this country is a joke
Fine politician ke in Nigeria Example please?
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

What does the law say about armed robbery?

Death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Pvibe007: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
angry grin sad undecidedBaba uche Why u dey para?Dnt pity Amu Roba.Is it until they visit u/slap ur flat bum bum with their menacing cutlass/u pee on ur trouser @ their sight.Ket them hang them

Ogbeni get lost...... Do u think is every moniker you see is what you quote. Better join your mates writing Post UME and and stop pointing your at ancestors ! Radarada undecided
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Mynd44: 8:57am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

No problem. Understood. Please refer me to where I can source that information. I'll to quote authoritatively next time and not out of context.

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by chibyk92: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
Which politician have I defended on corruption allegation?

Moreover, the only non corrupt Nigerian is the one who hasn't been privileged to be with the public fund.

guy ur mentality is damn blunt, and more than half of our country av same silly mindset, yet we dream of a better country..
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Gesin1254: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2017
The message is clear....... #fellow Nigerians don't get involved in small small crimes, instead big astonishing ones
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by mickeymimi: 9:00am On Oct 06, 2017
Lesson to all others threatening people at gun point to steal ........
The sentence seems harsh ............ but what if he had killed the Person in panic or in an attempt to force them to part with their belongings.
Where did he get the gun from ......He could have used it for other crimes..........

this same punishment should be given to our politician ............who have caused the death of so many young people including the hoodlums ....by giving them money to campaign for election and killing themselves .....they should be held accountable for those deaths .

and to all those politicians that stole billions and deprive innocent Nigerians of good lives .................this is one of the results.......

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
I can see the way Nigeria government is eradicating poverty by killing poor people
once your parents are pretty poor u don't commit social crime
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by tete7000(m): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.
Never pity any armed robber o.

But I really wish this kind of swift punishment can be readily meted out to those stealing our public fund. For the armed robbery guy, I hope he is not innocent as claimed; in which case he probably deserves punishment dished out to him. Those guys have caused a lot of untold hardship to many people - one chance, pickpocket, yahoo-yahoo, etc. They seem to think their victims don't have problems like they have.l
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Esepayan:

Abeg shut up stop typing trash there is no were in the constitution that approves death sentence of armed robbery.
You know it's not cool to display ignorance in public like you just did.

Check Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act and read before you choke on that morsel of ignorance.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by nelsonjj: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
God have mercy on the common man on the street, our leaders are there looting and going scot free, just laptop and blackberry phone, he is condemn to death by hanging, kiddnappers, bokoharam members are there too. They will arrest, locked just to fulfill all rightuousness and set free without the knowledge of the pupblic. Please, if you must steal in Nigeria, wait until you enter power. Repent and save your soul from inhuman treatment.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Marshalxv(m): 9:11am On Oct 06, 2017
Death sentence for conspiracy and rubbery where no life was lost ,while boko haram boys end up in rehab homes. To think that he's a first time offender makes the judgment too harsh.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by wintersnow(m): 9:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Esepayan:

Abeg shut up stop typing trash there is no were in the constitution that approves death sentence of armed robbery.

I guess LAWRENCE NOMAYAGBON ANINI is still in prison
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by ivolt: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
a very Nigerian justice, capital punishment for an armed robber who did not kill his victim, and a fine for a politician who stole billions that could have been used to save many lives
this country is a joke

What you should do is contest for the Senate then get your colleagues
to change the law.
I don't why Nigerians love jungle mentality.

He was sentenced according to the law, if you don't like it change it!
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act is the source of the information.

Chapter 36
Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats

401. Any person who steals anything, and, at or immediately before or immediately after the time of stealing it, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any person or property in order to obtain or retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery.

402. (1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or any obnoxious or chemical materials or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of robbery, the said offender wounds any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:

Check Section 401 of the Criminal Code Act and read before you choke on that morsel of ignorance.

Shut up

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2017
Stealing laptop and phone at gun point is felony punishable by imprisonment, Hanging gives no room for repentance. It is an economic crime and a threat to life. He took no life.

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Marrtynze(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2017
This must be some kind of joke, though he did wrong, but this is just harsh
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by munas: 9:17am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
this country is a joke

Are you okay at all? You are waiting for the time he will kill his victim abi?
Once armed,he has the tendency to kill.
Even he did not kill on this one,if not caught he will certainly kill.
Do you know that some people even die from trauma of been robbed at gun point?

The way youths think this days is worrisome.

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by lyntiffany(f): 9:19am On Oct 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
I wanted to say the is too much but I remembered how bad robbers can be ...Good call hang him till he is certified dead
pls can you read the last paragraph that says "In his defence, the convict denied robbing the complainant. He said he went to Ajao Estate for hairdressing work and was arrested by policemen during a raid" . Am not saying the guy is not guilty cos am not there but most people are condemned for what they know nothing about.
Last week monday i was heading to Aba from Portharcourt at the wee hours of the morning i entered cienna vehicle that was owned by a mopol immediately i enterd i percieved a strong smell of oil but beign a woman i thought it was the oil he kept in his boot not untill two guys came in and made mention of same thing i observed but they couldn't say anything because they obviously recognised that the driver per say is a mopol cause he has his barret and his mopol cap on the dash board of his car.
We came to realise as we drove off that in every military or police check point he will settle his colleagues sometimes 500 some 1k this continued untill we got a military check point where he tried to manoeuvre his way but they insisted he stopped. He stooped came down from his vehicle to oblige the men in uniform that was when the two guys that i ealier mentioned spoke up about the mopol that he is into oil bunkering the reason he has to settle them with large sums of money.
While we were still discussing in our low tones the military men where aggressive towards the mopol. One was like last monday you did the Same thing without settling and today your not leaving or we will arrest you that was the moment our mopol driver stated pleading with them in a low tone. We don't know how much he gave to them to buy his way out before they left him for us to continue our journey.

What am saying in essence is that sometimes this people are not guilty of the allegations levelled against them, you can i magine a mopol involved in oil bunkerin, later they will be arresting jobless youths N/D from game house, betting house and the ones loitering the streets to cover up for their crimes is so sad.

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by munas: 9:19am On Oct 06, 2017
prewtyjulie:
why kill someone for armed robbery?

in the case, the punishment doesn't fit the crime

Once you are armed,you can kill.
The law is clear...armed roberry is death sentence.

I dont think you have been robbed at gun point before...
Its 1 minute between life and death.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 9:21am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:

It's actually Section 402, Part 2b wink.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by toprealman: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

What does the law say about armed robbery?
Who made the law you are referring to? Let me help you...same criminals that rob with another potent weapon....pen.

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Horlufemi(m): 9:24am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
Which politician have I defended on corruption allegation?

Moreover, the only non corrupt Nigerian is the one who hasn't been privileged to be with the public fund.

That's where you're wrong. 80% 90% of Nigerians are corrupt. Corruption is a culture.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 9:26am On Oct 06, 2017
[quote author=Mynd44 post=61153874][/quote]

Go through it very well. Not all cases warrant death sentence.

There are clauses embedded therein.

Chapter 36
Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats

401. Any person who steals anything, and, at or immediately before or immediately after the time of stealing it, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any person or property in order to obtain or retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery.

402. (1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or any obnoxious or chemical materials or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of robbery, the said offender wounds any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kindkingsley: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2017
If d politicians nor dey steal our plenty money we nor for get armed robbers wen go steal ordinary laptop and modern.
dis kind punishment nah dem supoz gv politicians cos dem worse pass armed robbers.

[color=#990000][/color]
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.
Never pity any armed robber o.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Boyooosa(m): 9:27am On Oct 06, 2017
Sexytemi:
Thats cruel na, why will they hang just for robbery and yet that kidnapper Evans is still breathing ehn...useless justice.
The case started 2012. Think!
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by dfrost: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2017
danjumakolo:

Death

That's not absolutely true. Please read that section of the law again. I just did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Staff Steals 52 Computers, 3 Weeks After Employment (Photo) / Another Traditional Ruler, Akin Muheedeen Burnt To Death In Ogun / Army Kills Isoakpaefid Second-In-Command & Spiritualist In Akwa Ibom (Graphic P)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.