Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery (34487 Views)

Ekiti Man To Die By Hanging For Killing Wife’s Accused Lover / Indian Man To Die By Hanging For Destroying 4-yr-old Girl's Intestine Via Rape / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kindkingsley: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2017
the judge nah mad man.. how many death sentence dem Don gv politicians? God go judge dem all. .
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by francisbarrack(m): 9:30am On Oct 06, 2017
modelmike7:
Jeeezzzz.
Our politicians nko?
Evans nko?

Herdsman n d arrested boko haram members.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2017
Esepayan:

Shut up

Firstly, the judge based her judgement on the Lagos State Criminal Law. Secondly, it is stated in the New article that the suspect locked up the victims after the robbery. Depending on the lawyers, they can spin this to mean that he wounded his victim. According to the Lagos State law, once violence is used during the robbery, its punishment is death sentence. Violence can range from hitting the victim with the butt of the gun, slapping the victims, beating up the victims among other means of perpetuating violence.

All these were not stated in the new article but they are all possible during a robbery operation, especially if the victim resists.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kobijacobs(m): 9:34am On Oct 06, 2017
this is a joke
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 9:38am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

It's actually Section 402, Part 2b wink.
Lol. I just confirmed that too. I made a mistake. Apologies.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

Chapter 36
Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats

401. Any person who steals anything, and, at or immediately before or immediately after the time of stealing it, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any person or property in order to obtain or retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery.

402. (1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or any obnoxious or chemical materials or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of robbery, the said offender wounds any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to death
Concerning the bolded part, although it wasn't stated in the article, it is a high probability that the victim was wounded especially if he resisted. The suspect might have used the butt of his gun to hit him or slapped him. If this happened, violence is established and bodily injury can be present.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by DabuIIIT: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
a very Nigerian justice, capital punishment for an armed robber who did not kill his victim, and a fine for a politician who stole billions that could have been used to save many lives
this country is a joke

cant believe 103 ppl liked this post!
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by ADIEMUS(f): 9:46am On Oct 06, 2017
I suggest he appeal If he didn't commit murder,why take his life.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by SalamRushdie: 9:46am On Oct 06, 2017
lyntiffany:
pls can you read the last paragraph that says "In his defence, the convict denied robbing the complainant. He said he went to Ajao Estate for hairdressing work and was arrested by policemen during a raid" . Am not saying the guy is not guilty cos am not there but most people are condemned for what they know nothing about.
Last week monday i was heading to Aba from Portharcourt at the wee hours of the morning i entered cienna vehicle that was owned by a mopol immediately i enterd i percieved a strong smell of oil but beign a woman i thought it was the oil he kept in his boot not untill two guys came in and made mention of same thing i observed but they couldn't say anything because they obviously recognised that the driver per say is a mopol cause he has his barret and his mopol cap on the dash board of his car.
We came to realise as we drove off that in every military or police check point he will settle his colleagues sometimes 500 some 1k this continued untill we got a military check point where he tried to manoeuvre his way but they insisted he stopped. He stooped came down from his vehicle to oblige the men in uniform that was when the two guys that i ealier mentioned spoke up about the mopol that he is into oil bunkering the reason he has to settle them with large sums of money.
While we were still discussing in our low tones the military men where aggressive towards the mopol. One was like last monday you did the Same thing without settling and today your not leaving or we will arrest you that was the moment our mopol driver stated pleading with them in a low tone. We don't know how much he gave to them to buy his way out before they left him for us to continue our journey.

What am saying in essence is that sometimes this people are not guilty of the allegations levelled against them, you can i magine a mopol involved in oil bunkerin, later they will be arresting jobless youths N/D from game house, betting house and the ones loitering the streets to cover up for their crimes is so sad.

Hmmmmm you have made a good point

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by NaijaBlend: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
a very Nigerian justice, capital punishment for an armed robber who did not kill his victim, and a fine for a politician who stole billions that could have been used to save many lives
this country is a joke

Certainly...
And killer Fulani herdsmen let go scotfree!
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by shedee1(m): 9:51am On Oct 06, 2017
God have mecry on his poor soul
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by amor001: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2017
Politicians are robbers as well. But the difference is the word "Armed". The sentence is for an armed robber.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Mynd44: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2017
dfrost:

Go through it very well. Not all cases warrant death sentence.

There are clauses embedded therein.

Chapter 36
Stealing with Violence: Extortion by Threats

401. Any person who steals anything, and, at or immediately before or immediately after the time of stealing it, uses or threatens to use actual violence to any person or property in order to obtain or retain the thing stolen or to prevent or overcome resistance to its being stolen or retained, is said to be guilty of robbery.

402. (1) Any person who commits the offence of robbery shall upon conviction be sentenced to imprisonment for not

(2) If-

(a) any offender mentioned in subsection (1) of this section is armed with any firearms or any offensive weapon or any obnoxious or chemical materials or is in company with any person so armed; or

(b) at or immediately before or immediately after the time of robbery, the said offender wounds any person, the offender shall upon conviction be sentenced to death

Go to 402.2

If the offender mentioned in (1) is armed with any firearms or offensive weapon or (even) in company of someone who is
Then (b) if they are not armed and they wound the person then the punishment is death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by lereinter(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2017
the judge gave him maximum
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 06, 2017
lyntiffany:
pls can you read the last paragraph that says "In his defence, the convict denied robbing the complainant. He said he went to Ajao Estate for hairdressing work and was arrested by policemen during a raid" . Am not saying the guy is not guilty cos am not there but most people are condemned for what they know nothing about.
Last week monday i was heading to Aba from Portharcourt at the wee hours of the morning i entered cienna vehicle that was owned by a mopol immediately i enterd i percieved a strong smell of oil but beign a woman i thought it was the oil he kept in his boot not untill two guys came in and made mention of same thing i observed but they couldn't say anything because they obviously recognised that the driver per say is a mopol cause he has his barret and his mopol cap on the dash board of his car.
We came to realise as we drove off that in every military or police check point he will settle his colleagues sometimes 500 some 1k this continued untill we got a military check point where he tried to manoeuvre his way but they insisted he stopped. He stooped came down from his vehicle to oblige the men in uniform that was when the two guys that i ealier mentioned spoke up about the mopol that he is into oil bunkering the reason he has to settle them with large sums of money.
While we were still discussing in our low tones the military men where aggressive towards the mopol. One was like last monday you did the Same thing without settling and today your not leaving or we will arrest you that was the moment our mopol driver stated pleading with them in a low tone. We don't know how much he gave to them to buy his way out before they left him for us to continue our journey.

What am saying in essence is that sometimes this people are not guilty of the allegations levelled against them, you can i magine a mopol involved in oil bunkerin, later they will be arresting jobless youths N/D from game house, betting house and the ones loitering the streets to cover up for their crimes is so sad.

No be today uniform men dey mess up

1 Like

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Mynd44: 10:06am On Oct 06, 2017
misterh:
Concerning the bolded part, although it wasn't stated in the article, it is a high probability that the victim was wounded especially if he resisted. A suspect might have used the butt of his gun to hit him or slapped him. If this happened, violence is established and bodily injury can be present.
Stop confusing yourself. In (a), it says "or" which means that (b) is a continuation.

In essence, if the offender is armed with any weapon or if not with a weapon but inflicts wounds on the victim, the punishment is death
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by vickylincon(m): 10:09am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
lol, never pity any armed robber indeed, but you wont have any problem defending a corrupt politician or supporting them?
don't let me pour my venom on you o. Armed robbers won't hesitate to kill you at the slightest provocation bro. The politicians also deserved the same fate. not don't side any armed robbers
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kingthreat(m): 10:12am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
lol, never pity any armed robber indeed, but you wont have any problem defending a corrupt politician or supporting them?

Pray you never fall their victim. I have heard of a robber rape a woman infront of her children. People ready to kill over money deserve no sympathy.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kingthreat(m): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2017
prewtyjulie:
why kill someone for armed robbery?

in the case, the punishment doesn't fit the crime

Imagine this. Someone come to your house to rob and forces your brother to rápe you with a gun on you. If you think such person deserves less then you must be an angel. Pray never to be a victim
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by misterh(m): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Stop confusing yourself. In (a), it says "or" which means that (b) is a continuation.

In essence, if the offender is armed with any weapon or if not with a weapon but inflicts wounds on the victim, the punishment is death
Oh! I just understood that part better. Thanks for the clarification. Apparently, the concluding part of 402 subsection 2 was in b.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by holyjosh(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2017
What a pity, this country is messed up.
What is the difference BTW Armed Robber and our politician. A armed robber was sentence to death by hanging without stealing anything, but a politician. Who looted billion of dollars walking around the street as a free man.
Everything about this country is faulty.
God safe us.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by jacoik(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.
Never pity any armed robber o.
so you justify this judgement?
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Deejaygold(m): 10:20am On Oct 06, 2017
Josephjnr:
E weak me.

Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by seangy4konji: 10:45am On Oct 06, 2017
That is a cruel judgement....truth be told...even some man slaughter get life behingd bars not to talk of armed robbery..

He should get an appeal.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by akigbemaru: 10:47am On Oct 06, 2017
Laveda:
For being found guilty of stealing a laptop and mobile phone at gunpoint, a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja yesterday sentenced a 25-year-old male hairdresser, Izunna Ajaere, to death.

The presiding judge, Justice Kudirat Jose, sentenced him after finding him guilty of two-count charge of conspiracy and armed robbery brought against him by the Lagos State government.

“The evidence of Mr. Uchenna Ukah was clear and emphatic, the victim of the crime was pivotal in convicting Ajaere. The prosecution has proved the charge of conspiracy to commit armed robbery and armed robbery beyond reasonable doubt

“The defendant is hereby sentenced to death for conspiracy to commit armed robbery and sentenced to death for armed robbery. He is to be hanged by the neck till he is dead, may the Lord have mercy on your soul,” the judge ruled.

At trial, the prosecution counsel, Mrs. A.B. Awosika, had told the court that the convict committed the offences around 9:30p.m. on June 22, 2012 at No. 12, Vincent Eze Street, Ajao Estate, Lagos.

She told court that his offences contravene Section 295(2) and 297 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011, adding that the convict alongside an accomplice had accosted Ukah at gunpoint outside his flat.

“Ukah led them to his flat where they stole a laptop, a modem and a blackberry mobile phone. Ajaere and his accomplice after the robbery locked the complainant in his apartment with the intent to also rob his neighbours. The complainant managed to get out of his apartment to raise the alarm leading to Ajaere and his accomplice being apprehended.

In his defence, the convict denied robbing the complainant. He said he went to Ajao Estate for hairdressing work and was arrested by policemen during a raid.

More here: http://orjisblog.com.ng/2017/10/06/hairdresser-to-die-by-hanging-for-armed-robbery/
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by deebrain(m): 10:56am On Oct 06, 2017
Armed robbery.

That's what bags a death sentence. Because you put your victims in a state of terror and many even harm in the process. You never want to experience what it looks like.

The politicians steal mostly in the ignorance of those they steal from. There is no direct incident of terror. That's why.

You might be watching Man United vs Chelsea one cold evening and arguing about the referee, not knowing that your Local government chairman just transferred money for community service to his account.

Interestingly though, many politicians that have killed in the process of looting are still getting pardoned.

Pity.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by abbeyty(m): 11:09am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:
We are talking about an armed robber here, you are saying he didn't kill his victim!

If you have had any encounter with an armed robber before, then you know death is on you when you are still alive.

Though i support those evil people to be killed when they are caught, the same should also apply to all these corrupt politicians stealing government money cuz they kill people everyday through their corrupt act.
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by Charly68: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2017
hungryboy:
this country is a joke
We must revolt against this type of nonsense judgement my brother. .Those who looted our treasury to kill us financially are busy tuning up and down with jets contesting for elections ..they have cases in the courts but no judgement was passed ..Some of our so call judges can not die well .
Re: Hair Dresser In Lagos To Die By Hanging For Armed Robbery by kenrish2(m): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2017
Tolexander:

I have had an encounter with brutal armed robbers b4 as long as he did not kill his victim he should have been sentenced to jail, the judgement is too harsh and cruel, how many politician has been sentenced to death

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Kills Isoakpaefid Second-In-Command & Spiritualist In Akwa Ibom (Graphic P) / DSS Arrests Impersonator Of Speaker Gbajabiamila (Photo) / Another Traditional Ruler, Akin Muheedeen Burnt To Death In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.