Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick (26741 Views)

Warning Signs That You May Be At Risk Of A Heart Attack And What To Do / Five Health Warning Signs From Your Feet To Never Ignore / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by Adadioranma79(f): 9:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
Festac
Not sure i know what to say
BiafranBushBoy:

Where in Lagos.you mind hooking up?

Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by Iphran6: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
DonBobes:

So wats d solution.
Need ur response india mike mike(imm)
E be like say you be security operative, na then d use India mike mike
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by BiafranBushBoy: 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Festac

smile.

i sent you a pm.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by DonBobes(m): 7:52am On Oct 07, 2017
Iphran6:

E be like say you be security operative, na then d use India mike mike

No am just a teenager o. Abah just clocked 17 dis month self c my face well na
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by IamShiningStar(f): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2017
Opinionated:
We all deal with stress from time to time. And in many ways, a little stress can be healthy. But when stress is prolonged or chronic, meaning it sticks around for weeks, months, or even years, it can lead to negative changes to your immune system and other biological functions of your body. In line with this, Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of the ways stress can make you sick.

Your teeth are fractured or damaged

Psychological stress really can cause you to grind your teeth—both during the day and at night while you sleep. Teeth grinding can lead to tooth fractures, cavities, and other dental issues, so it’s definitely a habit you’ll want to break.

You’re putting on weight

Long-term stress can cause you to add weight. This is because stress promotes cravings for high-calorie food. Of course, you know high-calorie foods can lead to weight increase.

Your joints ache

Stress promotes low-grade inflammation, it can heighten symptoms of joints ache in different parts of your body.

You’re always tired

The links between stress and poor sleep are well-established. But even if you feel you’re sleeping well, there’s evidence that stress may trigger feelings of fatigue.

You have headaches

Tension-type headaches have long been associated with stress. Stress-triggered headaches aren’t the result of rising heart rates, but instead seemed tied to over-working yourself when stressed out.

Your blood pressure is too high

To help you survive a precarious situation, stress fires up your sympathetic nervous system, which in turn cranks up your blood pressure so that your limbs and muscles are ready for action. None of that is an issue in the short term. But over time, chronically elevated Blood Pressure can overwork your heart, leading to damaged arteries and blockages. Be careful to put stress in check to forestall a rise in BP.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/5-warning-signs-stress-make-sick/

OK. thanks for sharing.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by IamShiningStar(f): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2017
MARKETfund:
I lost a senior colleague two weeks ago as a result of job-related stress. She's a workaholic (Not that she has an option though) cry

I too nearly died of Stress early last year upon my resumption to work after my programme abroad.
Here is how I started dealing with it:

You’re putting on weight: I noticed this and commenced after work exercise. Registered with the gym house (on the positive side I build my muscles. Poorly formed six packs tongue with well defined abbs) grin

Your joints ache: My gyming took care of this. I also obtain massages once a week

You’re always tired: Has reduced considerably, but that doeant negate sleeping off on the centre rug with either my work clothes on or my sport wear once in a while grin

You have headaches: Sure, but that was then. Now it is minimal. I realized that my exercise makes me drink more water and I heard water is an antidote to headache.

Warnning: My Dr. said Stress is a silent killer. Kill it today before it kills you. Work hard, exercise harder and eat healthy.
good one.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by IamShiningStar(f): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2017
9jakohai:

Yes

Your body under stress produces high levels of a hormone called cortisol which can aid in weight gain.
OK.
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by IamShiningStar(f): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2017
9jakohai:

Some stress can cause severe depression which may manifest as loss of appetite and weight loss.
ummm
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by IamShiningStar(f): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Anonylander:

Yes. If you're stressed and have money to buy food lol. Stress hormones cortisol and ghrelin aid weight gain
kk
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by nevachange(f): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Adadioranma79:
Festac
Love wantintin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xauz0_RbZw
Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by SimonStiles: 11:06am On Nov 21, 2018
hey guys, check out on stress effects on sexual life experience https://www.teachalearner.com/stress-effects/

Re: 5 Warning Signs Stress Is About To Make You Sick by SimonStiles: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
hey guys, check out on stress effect on sexual life https://www.teachalearner.com/stress-effects/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oke Umurhohwo: Kano Is In Trouble But They Are Not Alone / HIV/AIDS Drugs To Be Manufactured In Nigeria - UNAIDS / Body Odour Awareness And Prevention.. Its No Longer Funny This Days!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.