Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru (32615 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Now U.S. Citizen / Ibe Kachikwu Lied About Graduating With First Class From UNN - Premium Times / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by juddexy2(m): 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2017

Senator from Rivers State, Lee Maeba has berated the Minister of State for Petroleum, Ibe Kachikwu over his allegation against the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Maikanti Baru.

Kachikwu, in a letter to President Muhammadu Buhari, had accused Baru of insubordination, among other things.

In his reaction, Maeba faulted the decision of the Minister to petition the president.

Maeba described the Minister’s action as an act of extreme behaviour.

The lawmaker said Kachikwu should have explored all measures available before writing a letter.

He told Vanguard, “I believe the behaviour of Kachikwu is to the extreme.

“He should have shown maturity, he could have as well issued a query to the GMD before finally using the option of writing the President.

” I strongly believe a minister should not have acted the way he did.”

source: http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/05/nnpc-saga-senator-maeba-attacks-kachikwu-baru/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Aieboocaar(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
I said it!!!!

Kachikwu just dragged himself into muddy waters...our corrupt politicians will definitely turn this issue right back at him and paint him as the GUILTY PARTY!

And to think this administration presented itself as SAINTS in front of gullible zombies
cry

190 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by teadrake(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
Coming from a Senator from Rivers.
I believe the letter stated that Ibe has tolerated the GMD negligence for a while now,thereby the need to inform the President about it.
But the public are judging the issue based on Kachikwu revelation while no one is actually considering Baru point of view

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by nairavsdollars(f): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lee Meaba...is that not the albino senator with thick lips?

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Hofbrauhaus(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2017
Where is our $28billion? Our oil money...

Where is it?

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by pauljumbo: 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2017
Always use your enemy to fight your enemy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by tit(f): 12:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
Look at him

2 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by obyrich(m): 1:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
Well both are from the South South. It's their oil. They can do as they please with it.

1 Like

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by SalamRushdie: 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lee Maeba has been benefiting from the oil industry's corruption and irregularities for a while so no surprises about him taking a the side of the GMD because I am sure the GMD must have been greasing him

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by aolawale025: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
obyrich:
Well both are from the South South. It's their oil. They can do as they please with it.

It's not so simple. The issue in the oil ministry has also played out in transport, finance health. It has to be sorted out. The country is been dragged back when processes are not adhered to

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by dunkem21(m): 1:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
Kachikwu, you never see anything..

Dem go do you like Tuface cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Bari22: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Confirm sir, that's if he is not looking for cheap popularity

1 Like

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by ddippset(m): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:
Where is our $28billion? Our oil money...

Where is it?
don't be silly. nobody took your money. contracts were awarded without the right process. all it takes is an investigation. if confirmed the contracts are revoked and the offenders prosecuted. stop polluting public space, no one took your money.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by akinyeleaa: 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
Apoda senator. Instead of him to keep quiet, imagine the bullshit he's spewing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Kyase(m): 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
ddippset:
don't be silly. nobody took your money. contracts were awarded without the right process. all it takes is an investigation. if confirmed the contracts are revoked and the offenders prosecuted. stop polluting public space, no one took your money.
you dey mind am

8 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by juddexy2(m): 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
I think Baru can defend his deeds , Kachikwu isn't the minister of petroleum, Baru can report to the President directly, However Kachikwu strongest point may be flouting the board approval process.

9 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Bolustical: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2017
Later some people from the red mud republic will be saying Northerners are the only problems of this country. Here is a Senator condemning his co-southerner for exposing corruption in Nigeria money machine.

How else should the Minister have acted? It is very sad this gibberish is coming from not just a senator from the south but one from an oil producing state.

86 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2017
ddippset:

Lol.
Shut da hell up! That is textbook definition for corruption. If you must be a zombie, be an intelligent one..

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Maebu just wants to be noticed.
Attention seeking nonentity.
Agent of the cabal.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
angry sad

1 Like

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Adekamkpe23: 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
They need to straighten this brouhaha out.
Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by sotall(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
OK
Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Memphis357(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
I believe, totally, that Nigerians deserve this government.

Totally.

It takes all of my being not to despise greatly the people who campaigned for this government. I don't care what you think of GEJ because frankly, I don't care for GEJ. But for any sane person between the age bracket of 20 - 60 to think it possible for this Buhari to hold any vision that could drive Nigeria into a fast-paced world, technologically driven with checks and innovation, is something that I can never fathom.

Bring him back in 2019. God knows a country full of stupid/selfish intellectuals deserve him.

We are wild, we lack intuition. We are beasts. We never thoroughly think through anything. For some it's for the money, the position in government. For many it's just lack of sense.

Omenka, Madridguy and Sarrki and all those Buhari supporters.......
UNA LACK SENSE!!!!

Tueh.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by Beehshorp(m): 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by PapaBaby: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2017
They would soon find N50bil under Kachikwu's bed.

10 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by MrGreenMavro: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
h
Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by awillabo: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
ddippset:

Without due process. Thats how they steal in government
Anytine you hear without due process.
Know dat the contracts where awarded in favoritism.
Dats how the SGF awarded contracts to himself to cut grass for hundreds of millions without due process.
When dey want to steal. Dats what dey do.

32 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by victorazyvictor(m): 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
Who is that Amoaeba

6 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by sammyj: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Not have acted the he did and let the man go away with alleged looting and blue murder of our commonwealth. Anyways I smell a rat which set me thinking if the Sinator is not even one of the contractors involved !! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by MARKone(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2017
Who be this one undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by victorazyvictor(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hofbrauhaus:

Lol.
Shut da hell up! That is textbook definition for corruption. If you must be a zombie, be an intelligent one..

finish him. grin

5 Likes

Re: Lee Maeba Slams Ibe Kachikwu Over Baru by wingmanII: 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Lee Maeba has been benefiting from the oil industry's corruption and irregularities for a while so no surprises about him taking a the side of the GMD because I am sure the GMD must have been greasing him

Gbam! He is just another contractor.
By the way he is an ex senator.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Eno Visits Family Of Late Nollywood Make-up Artist (Pics) / "Buhari Unable To Eat & Drink Post By Sahara Reporters Is False" - Bashir Ahmad / Saraki Faults INEC Verdict On Osun Polls, Urges PDP Supporters To Remain Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.