Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) (4594 Views)

Accident Caused Gridlock On Kaduna-Abuja Highway. Travelers Stranded For 48 Hrs / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Travelling? How Did It Go? / Have You Ever Been Stranded While Traveling? Share Your Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Explorers(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thousands of motorists have been left stranded in a massive traffic jam as millions of Chinese people started to return from a week-long national holiday.

Footage taken of the Beijing-Hong Kong expressway on February 2 shows traffic backing up in the capital for some 50 kilometres (31 miles).

Across the country, people were left stuck in their vehicles as people returned home before the first working day of the New Year.

It lasted days.

February, 2017

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-4188150/Thousands-motorists-stranded-traffic-jam.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by JohnGainsville(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Shey nah road dey the other side ni. Make I hear say I no go swerve take the other lane, wetin!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by anuoluwapo884(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lol change over sharp Sharp
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by okosodo: 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by amzee(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
I'll park my car and take a bike/keke marwa.
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by LilSmith55(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Lagos, no be empty road be dat for the oda side...?

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Larryfest(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
Na FRSC officials plus even soldiers and police go first jump to the other side of the free road and everyone one else would follow their lead.... FYI it's people of the law that breaks the laws most in this country.

10 Likes

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by sod09(m): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
i swear im taking the other road grin grin
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by eph12(m): 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
Trekk of course
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by uboma(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
they are indeed law abiding.

I do not envy them one bit.

trust Nigerians, we will use the other lane thereby creating more traffic jam....

3 Likes

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by talk2saintify(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
how come the other side of the road is so free....

Der Should Change the use of the road naw....

ITS WIDE ENUf
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by enomakos(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
uboma:
they are indeed law abiding.

I do not envy them one bit.

trust Nigerians, we will use the other lane thereby creating more traffic jam....
we are a country of law breakers

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by majamajic(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
I think there's demarcation between the 2 roads .
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by enomakos(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
JohnGainsville:
Shey nah road dey the other side ni. Make I hear say I no go swerve take the other lane, wetin!!!
you can only do that in Nigeria but in china you will spend years in jail

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by uboma(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
enomakos:
we are a country of law breakers

the change needs to start with you and I.
and we hope others will follow suit...
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by enomakos(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
uboma:

the change needs to start with you and I.

and we hope others will follow suit...

correct
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Explorers(m): 4:13pm On Oct 06, 2017
majamajic:

Yea, but just like ours here.

It breaks like every 5-10km in case you want to turn around.
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by majamajic(m): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
Explorers:

Yea, but just like ours here.
It breaks like every 500km.
hahaha. 500km is like from lagos to Port Harcourt oo
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Explorers(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
majamajic:

hahaha. 500km is like from lagos to Port Harcourt oo

Modified bro, was a mistake.
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by iamchybs(m): 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
o boy ... see road.... I hate traffic
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
I will simply order my personal assistant to book me a helicopter ride.

Imagine the look on people faces when the helicopter lands on the second lane for me to board.

Money good oooo

2 Likes

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by InfinixMine: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
I will stop imagining
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 06, 2017
Beautiful Road Network.

2 Likes

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Beautyaddy: 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2017
Loooool!!!

The pictures looks like it's must be during the work day rush hour.

But damn! the road on the first picture looks like it's about 15 or more lanes on each side of that highway.
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by adwem2003(m): 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
majamajic:

Even with demarcation, danfo drivers will still find way to the other side.
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by seunny4lif(m): 9:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
With that free road on the other side, then all road go be one way grin grin grin grin grin
Even God will be surprise, if Lagos obey law like this grin grin grin grin
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by alfred007(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2017
did someone count the number of lanes on one road! as a rivers man, that land should have been .........
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by maisauki: 10:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
i'll just try to see how i can sell pure water and co, invite madam put to be bringin food to sell to stranded passengers but will hav to pay me for d info i'v given her...i'm a business man, i can't allow opportunities to go to waste like that

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by AkProsper(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2017
JohnGainsville:
you've just said my mind. Even police will tell you to take one-way

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by Lanretoye(m): 11:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
pass one way nah
Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by wunmi590(m): 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2017
See better road network, with people with patience, not here in Nigeria where people would have jump queue.

1 Like

Re: Imagine This Is Lagos And You've Been Stranded For Hours, What Would You Do(Pic) by dominique(f): 11:33pm On Oct 07, 2017
Na to follow one way sure pass. Even Lastma will direct us to pass the free lane

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything About Trucking Business In The USA / Medview Airlines Review / What Do You Do Abroad - Contribute Only If What You Do Is Worth Talking About.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.