Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland (4000 Views)

Mr Seun Osewa Are You A Programmer ?? / My Ssl Certificate Isnt Working [cloudflare] / Nairaland Has Finally Added SSL After All These Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
Javanian, Seun this thread is quite irrelevant now, kindly delete
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 13, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Also coding at the moment and BTW, is anyone familiar with PostgreSql? I have some questions...
This postgresSql, I have never used it in production yet, I have however used it offline before, but not to any great extent.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 13, 2017
Yeah it actually makes sense in production because if you're familiar with the Mysql "slave -> master replication" way of scaling apps then PostgreSql will appeal... It does this easily and faster.

But my issue is with the casting of MySql syntax to a PostgreSql one as my project started out with MySql and now I want to switch. I have an auto switching mechanism with a user interface that allows me switch databases with ease however it doesn't seem to work with PostgreSql. The tables get created in the PostgreSql database but the data doesn't get inserted. I'm thinking the insert statement isn't being casted. How do you write you regular OOP PostgreSql insert queries?

dhtml81:

This postgresSql, I have never used it in production yet, I have however used it offline before, but not to any great extent.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 13, 2017
Hmn, i cannot remember the OOP PostgresSql. I normally use WRAPPERS to work, that way, I dont have to start cramming stuffs like that.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 13, 2017
PDO right? That's why I'm stuck....all the examples I see online are either functional or use PDO.. I'd just use ClearDB for now.

dhtml81:
Hmn, i cannot remember the OOP PostgresSql. I normally use WRAPPERS to work, that way, I dont have to start cramming stuffs like that.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 13, 2017
Last time I worked on a really huge website with heavy traffic. I used AWS, there is this stuff on amazon, i cannot remember the name now.
But it is a technique of creating some kind of read-only database. So the stuff splits your database into 2 - one read/write, the other read-only.

So queries that do you need to write can go to the read-only database, while the read/write ones go to the other database (the contents of both database are synchronized). And that was what solved the issue using MySQL.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2017
Yeah in general terms, that's known as Slave -> master replication... Amazon just has a way of making things sound more complex than they really are. The thing is many developers don't even know about this technique yet they want to build a website that'll house a million members....

dhtml81:
Last time I worked on a really huge website with heavy traffic. I used AWS, there is this stuff on amazon, i cannot remember the name now.
But it is a technique of creating some kind of read-only database. So the stuff splits your database into 2 - one read/write, the other read-only.

So queries that do you need to write can go to the read-only database, while the read/write ones go to the other database (the contents of both database are synchronized). And that was what solved the issue using MySQL.
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 13, 2017
You can also imagine a developer telling me the only way to retrieve data from a database located on another server is to use MySql remote connection when we are in the era of web services (REST/SOAP)
Re: Mr Seun Please SSL Enable Nairaland by Seun(m): 9:31am On Oct 13, 2017
mynd44 please what is going on? sad

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Relevance Of Programming Skills To Petroleum And Chemical Engineering. / Advice Needed!!! Php Yii Vs Python Django / Why Is Rails Adoption So Slow In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.