Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan (19776 Views)

My Tenure Expires In June- Emefiele / Jonathan Blasts Osibanjo, Worry More About Your N5.8bn Indictment Than My Tenure / Ethnic Tensions : Please Tolerate Each Other - Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by deomelo: 12:37am On Oct 07, 2017
Coming from the looting and stealing is not corruption clown who supervised the greatest treasury looting and stealing in the history of mankind and topped it off with the most divisive and unintelligent ethnic rubbish like this and that section of the country is my pillar of support when even at the end of the day, the same section of the country and his so-called pillar of support benefited ZERO from his administration.

The looting and stealing clown collected the largest FG revenue in the history of Nigeria but left empty treasury and reserve with not 1 single major completed infrastructure.

The fact that this dotard is not in jail and still running mouth is a reflection of a very lawless and aimless country.

What a travesty.

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by perez100: 12:41am On Oct 07, 2017
Jona should keep quiet and stop provoking me. He couldn't use half of his power to change things to Southern favour.

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by ridgeman: 12:52am On Oct 07, 2017
Trying to rewrite history signs of desperation...

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Oblang(m): 2:07am On Oct 07, 2017
erico2k2:

You hate for Igbo shaaa, what has Jonathan got to do with IGBO? he is Ijaw for crying out loud

As una carry him matter for head pass ijaw ppl na...

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Oblang(m): 2:16am On Oct 07, 2017
FearGodinall:
What is your cow rearer uniting the country with nepotism, incompetence. What has kunu drinking master achieved, 15 trillion squander including the recent 9 trillion. Yes GEJ divided the country but there were no visible agitations as it is with your President jubrin.

That's because those that were not benefitting from his govt were matured enough to strategize to win the next election and not wail and start unnecessary agitation just because they are not in power. Buhari did not cause any division, it is those that refuse to move on after their miscalculation in the last election that are causing division....

3 Likes

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by EmmyDJourno: 2:23am On Oct 07, 2017
A weak leader is worse than a dictator

You wasted our lives when the price of Crude Oil was $100/barrel angry(Budget then was 4trillion, but now it is bigger with Crude Oil often $>55)

Which free election undecided, like the Ekiti own or the one you had Diezani looting for you to win, but your sorry ass lost

Your Wife became an Airline owner, Jamb was making billions and remitting next to nothing, same with Customs and others

Oga you were running a lootathon

Please Note: Let the Nnamdi Kanu loving/ Buhari haters come and beat me in my house shocked

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Habyz(m): 2:24am On Oct 07, 2017
mbaboy:
You said when u leave office Nigerians will appreciate u the more..... It checked out to be true my president cuz immediately u left Buhari plunged us into economic recession, dollar became only available to the cabal, freedom of speech and association ceased, 26million dollars got missing under Buhari's watch as petroleum minister, Even mama taraba confirmed Buhari has failed. GEJ God bless u for me
Who is the cabal?
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Habyz(m): 2:28am On Oct 07, 2017
brixton:
Love or hate him, GEJ is a democrat and truly a Nigerian... He allowed freedom of speech and freedom after the speech!

We can not say the same about Jubrin from Sudan!!
He allowed freedom of speech and freedom after speech don't forget to add he also allowed freedom to loot as you wish.

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by rummmy: 2:32am On Oct 07, 2017
Why calling ibos?you dey mad abi?
deedeedee1:

Recession started around early 2014 when Jonathan was still president. I wonder when you ibos will accepts the fact that Jonathan is not coming back.
He is gone for good.
He was rejected.

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by rummmy: 2:35am On Oct 07, 2017
You will soon die of your hate while we keep progressing....oya go and hug transformer and ensure they is light in it
deedeedee1:

Yes i hate ibos. You are too greedy. You insult other tribes that dont share your belief. You guys benefitted under Jonathan and never wanted others to do the same. Since his defeat at the poll, you guys have been insulting other tribes.
Jonathan is gone for good. Get over the loss.

2 Likes

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by BetaThings: 2:56am On Oct 07, 2017
mbaboy:
You said when u leave office Nigerians will appreciate u the more..... It checked out to be true my president cuz immediately u left Buhari plunged us into economic recession, dollar became only available to the cabal, freedom of speech and association ceased, 26million dollars got missing under Buhari's watch as petroleum minister, Even mama taraba confirmed Buhari has failed. GEJ God bless u for me

Patience Jonathan said
Our people no dey born shildrenweydem no dey fit count. Our men no dey born shildren throw away for street. We no dey like the people for that side

Jonathan said

If Sanusi hadn’t been suspended he would have come up with a different figure… If anyone steals $50 billion or $20 billion anywhere America will know, they will tell you where it is; it is their money.

For doing what Kachikwu did, Sanusi was sacked by Jonathan. Supporters of Jonathan accused Sanusi of sabotage then; today they call Kachikwu a hero

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/jonathan-suspends-lamido-sanusi-cbn-gov/

Over 70% of what are called corruption (cases), even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies, is not corruption, but common stealing.

Where’s Gwoza sef?

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by stev120(m): 3:31am On Oct 07, 2017
Davidchibike:
Talking like he achieved anything during his tenure

One word for this my guy below grin
talking like you did enjoy his cheap...
fuel
rice
etc

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by zoedew: 3:50am On Oct 07, 2017
kirajustice:
Former president, Goodluck Jonathan has revealed the steps he took to deal with Ethnic tensions during his time as president of Nigeria.

Jonathan said that he convened a National conference in 2014 to douse the rising ethnic tensions across the country.PoliticsNGR learned that He made this revelation while delivering a speech at the opening panel of the Dialogue of Civilizations, Multipolarity and Dialogue in Regional and Global Developments,’ Rhodes Forum’s 15th Anniversary Summit in Greece on Friday.

He said;  "When I was in office as President, I championed the cause for good governance, transparent elections and peaceful power transfers, because I also believed that at the heart of the dialogue for a more peaceful world, is the need to cultivate a culture of democracy and good governance at the national levels. This is a good way to reduce local tensions that could blossom into global crisis.

In Nigeria, through a process of dialogue, we arrived at an amnesty programme that brought an end to the crisis in the Niger Delta, an oil-rich region in my country that accounts for all the oil wells that remain the mainstay of Nigeria’s economy.

Sometime in 2014, I had a thought in my mind. Nigeria is easily the most ethnically and religiously heterogeneous society in Africa, and one of the most diverse nations in the world.

Many times, these different ethnic groups are pulling in diverse directions that as a leader, you may experience genuine fears that the centre may not hold. At that time, I asked myself, how can I as President, help build a more harmonious union in Nigeria. One based on the words of our National Anthem which ends with ‘to build a nation where peace and justice shall reign’.

To address this I convened a National Conference where the various ethnic groups and other stakeholders deliberated for five months on the future of the country. They had the mandate to discuss and advise the Government on all matters pertaining to our nationhood, except the sovereignty of the country.

On Thursday, August 21, 2014, I received the report. Our general elections came up six months after the national conference. The confidence and national goodwill the conference inspired, helped bring down the tension during and after the general elections. It was a confidence-boosting outcome, despite the predictions by some international bodies that Nigeria was going to disintegrate in 2015."

Just a few days ago, the Present Muhammadu Buhari-led administration stated that it will not be implementing the resolutions of the 2014 Confab report.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/10/06/checkmated-ethnic-tensions-tenure-goodluck-jonathan/

Sort of amusing that the ineffectual buffoon aka Fortunatus only recently found his voice and that at Caucasian speech circuits where ignorance of daily happenings in Nigeria by his audience give wings for the flight of his lies. During his tenure The ND and Kanu IPOB had yet to discover they are marginalized in Nigeria! He had only BH to contend with but demonstrated abysmal disability in the appreciation of intel which by default allowed BH dig in and demystified our Defence Forces. In its present form BH will think twice about taking on our Army
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by BetaThings: 4:10am On Oct 07, 2017
Habyz:

He allowed freedom of speech and freedom after speech don't forget to add he also allowed freedom to loot as you wish

What freedom of speech
Okupe threatened to deal with whoever did to Jonathan what is currently being done to Buhari

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/threads/warning-insulting-president-jonathan-now-a-punishable-offence-presidency.85934/

Name-callings such as "clueless" and "drunkard" will henceforth be punished according to the SSA.

"Being a critic is no license to insult and abuse government officials; most especially the President of the nation," Okupe argued.

He, therefore, said that his office will correct the trend even it will tantamount to doing it by "force".

Dr Okupe added that "when you say the President is a drunkard and so forth, you no longer deserve any respect."
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by vexing(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2017
realjoker:
A member of TAN turn Liepod spotted. $26 millions dollars missing indeed. grin
$26 billion, zombie
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by kitaatita: 6:45am On Oct 07, 2017
anyebedgreat:
"We no be like people from the other side wey dey born children wey dem no fit count"

-Patience Jonathan -

If anybody says such thing about the South East, such person can never be my friend.

2 Likes

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by matrixme(m): 7:12am On Oct 07, 2017
Just shut up there abeg. Be sipping your sapele water there in Otuoke. You messed up so bad we had to put our confidence in Buhari to save us. Now we jumped from frying pan to fire.
Boko Haram was on a killing spree right under your watch and you kept quiet in Abuja. We don't know if we should blame you more or Buhari.
Expired Nigerian politicians always give outdated advice since they invented bread and butter. Like if they did it better during their regime. Obasanjo too was running his mouth the other day.

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by farihafaheemah(m): 8:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Davidchibike:
Talking like he achieved anything during his tenure

One word for this my guy below grin
Imagine GEJ taking credit to amnesty program. This initiated by late president Umar musa Yar'dua. What do u expect from the man that missed his speech at UN general assembly because he was drunk t
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by farihafaheemah(m): 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
mbaboy:
Election defeat syndrome still hanging over you, where did u read that 26B dollars is missing. Ibe, the minister of state for petroleum at the same time NNPC board chairman alleges the NNPC of awarding a contract above his jurisdiction without the approval of board chairman which against NNPC act
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by farihafaheemah(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2017
erico2k2:

Are you not in Nigeria at the moment? dont you listen to the news
Which media house announced that 26B dollars is missing. It was reported that GMD awarded contract above his power without getting approval from NNPC board. Pls don't misinformed the public.
Tks
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Oct 07, 2017
farihafaheemah:

Which media house announced that 26B dollars is missing. It was reported that GMD awarded contract above his power without getting approval from NNPC board. Pls don't misinformed the public.
Tks
Just wait . I'm at wrk will furnish u in a bit.
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2017
deomelo:
Coming from the looting and stealing is not corruption clown who supervised the greatest treasury looting and stealing in the history of mankind and topped it off with the most divisive and unintelligent ethnic rubbish like this and that section of the country is my pillar of support when even at the end of the day, the same section of the country and his so-called pillar of support benefited ZERO from his administration.

The looting and stealing clown collected the largest FG revenue in the history of Nigeria but left empty treasury and reserve with not 1 single major completed infrastructure.

The fact that this dotard is not in jail and still running mouth is a reflection of a very lawless and aimless country.

What a travesty.
2017 u still don't know stealing is not corruption ?
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by erico2k2(m): 8:46am On Oct 07, 2017
Oblang:

As una carry him matter for head pass ijaw ppl na...
expressing your ignorance more . The thing is your assumption is under water . I'm not Igbo nor Ijaw .
Deal with the lack of geography knowledge 1st then talk about regions .
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by ifeco4(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2017
yanshDoctor:
this man was wise. he made the conference but he never implemented it.

How can he implement the resolutions of the conference within six months before the general election?
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Habyz(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2017
BetaThings:

What freedom of speech
Okupe threatened to deal with whoever did to Jonathan what is currently being done to Buhari

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/threads/warning-insulting-president-jonathan-now-a-punishable-offence-presidency.85934/

I was being sarcastic.
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by FrancisIgya: 9:55am On Oct 07, 2017
I am always dismayed when GEJ uses the international fora to deceive the gullible who do not have any sense of history of Nigeria
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Ruggedpen: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2017
FreeConCiencE:
The ineffective buffoon himself
That's the freedom that u failed to realise can you call Buhari that today? Now for the first time in history of Nigeria that people are scared to say their mind #democracy
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by Ruggedpen: 10:37am On Oct 07, 2017
realjoker:
A member of TAN turn Liepod spotted. $26 millions dollars missing indeed. grin
Most of u zombies are hungry, and what you guys need is blood that is why Buhari is feeding u guys with blood of protesting Nigerians. Cabals are giving him returns ( fantastically corrupt president)
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by oka4ugoo: 10:49am On Oct 07, 2017
[quote author=ojinuocheibi post=61176784]still waiting for buharis achievements? OK let me help you.
1. removed petroleum subsidy
2. ended filling station queue .[/quote

I'm not a supported of Buhari maladministration either, however Goodluck Jonathan created the mess, while Buhari took us right inside it.

They're both clueless, vision less and myopic to be President

1 Like

Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by EKOSuperior(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2017
mbaboy:
My brother you are making the burden light. It is 26 billion dollars that is missing.
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by EKOSuperior(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2017
deedeedee1:

Recession started around early 2014 when Jonathan was still president. I wonder when you ibos will accepts the fact that Jonathan is not coming back.
He is gone for good.
He was rejected.
Onye Awusa.
Re: How I Checkmated Ethnic Tensions During My Tenure - Goodluck Jonathan by suremanpatriot: 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
You didn't checkmate anything. Why didn't u conduct referendum for iPod,u let those boys rubbish igbo cause this time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Biafra Is A Fraud – It Was In The Mortuary, Now Gone To The Cemetery" -Nwabueze / 2019: How We Plan To Unseat Buhari – Moghalu, Sowore, Onovo, Others / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Sanwo-Olu Visits Site, Encourages Emmergency Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.