Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Want To Go And Live In Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Go And Live In Usa (932 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In / Work And Live In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Go And Live In Usa by Obodo999(m): 12:02am On Mar 09, 2010
Ladies and Gentlemen, I need your advice.
I was born in UK, grow up in Nigeria and Have live in UK for 14 years.
I teach Adult Numeracy at a college. I will like to live in US.
Is there any hope of a work permit or green card. I am 40, a graduate and married with 3 kids.
Or should I start with a US student visa?

I am confused
Re: I Want To Go And Live In Usa by eddy1977(m): 3:40am On Mar 09, 2010
hello dear
3 kids and wife are a big burden.do u intend to leave them in nigeria and work hard to get them over here? i dont know if that is a wise choice,think twice before you leave nigeria.

the usa is a very unpredictable country.you can succed if you r serious. but think about this:
-do u have reliable connections in the usa? (friends,familly)
-life is very expensive and very hard for first timers.

if u where single,you could come over and marry a fat/uggly american for papers;but u r married,thats kinda tough.
why not just hassle there in nigeria until god blesses you? at least you can go home to your wife and children.

why not use the little money you have to start a small business in nigeria,instead of wasting it on an expensive ticket to the usa?
start a small business in nigeria,then work hard and save, you can eventually send you kids here for school.

just my 2 cents,no disrespect

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go And Live In Usa by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 09, 2010
~^^^~ Oops! "Fat/ugly oyibo woman," that's harsh mehn! Do there have enof of dem? I need one oooo. . . . . .
@poster, do wat ur heart tels u. considering ur age, dnt u tink tins might nt b easy 4 u as a 1st timer? Never been to d usa bt learnt 4rm a cousin that tins aint dat rossy d way we tink. I won't discourage anY1 with his/her travel ambitions because Nigeria is a messed country. . . . . .seems there is no hope 4 it citizenry. GOD help 9ja!
Wish u da best!
Lol
Re: I Want To Go And Live In Usa by dancewith: 7:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
[quote][/quote]

You said you were born in the UK? That supposes you are British. Why don't you come over say, for a sighseeing and see for yourself if you would like a permanent switch. you do not require a visa i guess

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Decide As Am Newbies. / Please Can Anyone Help!!! / Chinese Man Stuck In Airport Because His 4 Year Old Son Doodled In His Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.