Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable (33421 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by ProWalker: 10:40am On Oct 07, 2017
Yyeske:
Answer simple question you and you are already derailing, if you mention ilorin here again, I'll report for derailing

I tire
Once she is clearly cornered, she enter her ilorin default mode grin
Silly girl

9 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Yyeske(m): 10:44am On Oct 07, 2017
kjhova:

My brother, he has answered you well enough. A proper Igbo only Biafra will be landlocked and likely surrounded by hostile neighbours. Yes, the Imo river pours out to sea. However it passes through Niger Delta (which will be a foreign country under this assumption) who may then impose bans or tariffs on cargo destined for Biafra. Also, the river isn't navigable across its entire length and if the Niger Delta refuse to dredge their end, building an up-river port in Biafra is dead on arrival.

You suggested Airport delivery. There is a reason why 90% of global freight is by sea. Airfreight is freaking costlier than sea! Also, not all cargo can be airlifted. Suppose, Biafra needs to import crude or petroleum products, what quantity can you easily fly into Biafra? More so, airfreight require specialized airports which will be costly to build. Also, hope you know that Biafra's neighbours can close their airspace to Biafran bound planes at the threat of shooting down violators.

Overall, Biafra being a landlocked country will increase its costs of doing business and its dependency on her neighbours. Her credit rating will be lowered due to this vulnerability and cost of funds will be high.

The chances of Biafra becoming an economic success is thus lowered and hinged on the whims of her neighbours.
Educate her why Niger Republic, Mali, Chad and other countries that are landlocked still use other neighbouring countries' seaports. Sometimes someone you think has something upstairs start sounding dumb.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Amarabae(f): 10:45am On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

Why do you think Igbo land can drege river Niger without consequences?
You've boxed yourselves into a corner once again in Nigeria.
We want to see how you will escape this time around.
You didnt learn the lesson in the 70's
go and ask that to Igbos,
I am amazed the ways you oduduwas carry biafra issue on head,
its ridiculous,
mr man, go and read un chater on internationl water body,
drcongo activated it and dredged their congo river to the ocean passing through angola waterbody,
its all about diplomatic relationship,
and btw way, obeaku river in Abia is the shortest to atlantic and not river niger,
when we reach the bridge, we will know how to cross,
worry not about us

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Amarabae(f): 10:46am On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

I tire Once she is clearly cornered, she enter her ilorin default mode grin Silly girl

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by ProWalker: 10:47am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
[s]go and ask that to Igbos,
its ridiculous,
drcongo activated it and dredged their congo river to the ocean passing through angola waterbody,
and btw way, obeaku river in Abia is the shortest to atlantic and not river niger,
worry not about us[/s]

Rubbish
Show for once that you are intelligent
Now its clear that ibos cannot unilaterally take such decision and you are here talking as if such dregdging is a matter of given
When we say igbos and northerners are the greatest beneficiaries of one Nigeria, you can see where that statement is coming from

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 10:49am On Oct 07, 2017
Funny how you make the same mistake over and over again grin. Get a free dictionary, both words don't mean the same thing

Nairabeezie:
Because Catalans are always insulting the Spanish government and instigating war? You people asked for war and you got one! Stop crying
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 10:50am On Oct 07, 2017
And you are proud of that right?

checkolatunji:

Wake up jaare

This is AFRICA. where Referendum or Sessesion means war
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Yyeske(m): 10:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
its ridiculous,
worry not about us
Is the DR Congo landlocked? Get it here, any river flowing from Igboland must go through Nigerian territory and that makes Biafra to be at the mercy of Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by OAUTemitayo: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
its ridiculous,
worry not about us
My dear sister, DR Congo did so because the neighbouring country agreed to it.
With the way your brothers are calling others animals, I wonder how you will sit down with Nigeria to decide such.
I can however tell you that if you agree to marry Omenka, we will make it happen for Igbos.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 10:58am On Oct 07, 2017
I honestly do not intend to insult you by correcting this, i think you meant to say "antecedents" rather than "precedents" when referring to something in that existed before.

Yeah, you are right on the African thing, we've been so stereotyped with unbeleivable beleif which has kept us down for far too long. You have raised a good point, however thats Africa's weaknes and not its strength. If we truely desire a new Africa with less hatred then we should look towards changing such animalistic tendencies.

NtoAkwaIbom:

you guys keep saying Estonia and Scotland.
but forget to say dat u r African and u should check d precedents here in Africa.
unity is non-negotiable the next alternative is war... if u can''t do dat... then shutdown
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by shegra58: 11:04am On Oct 07, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin lazy failures who have been given 10mb will enter this thread and shout biafra or we will go into hiding.
Nnamdi Kanu right now looking at the thread and the man grin grin

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 11:06am On Oct 07, 2017
kjhova:

My brother, he has answered you well enough. A proper Igbo only Biafra will be landlocked and likely surrounded by hostile neighbours. Yes, the Imo river pours out to sea. However it passes through Niger Delta (which will be a foreign country under this assumption) who may then impose bans or tariffs on cargo destined for Biafra. Also, the river isn't navigable across its entire length and if the Niger Delta refuse to dredge their end, building an up-river port in Biafra is dead on arrival.

You suggested Airport delivery. There is a reason why 90% of global freight is by sea. Airfreight is freaking costlier than sea! Also, not all cargo can be airlifted. Suppose, Biafra needs to import crude or petroleum products, what quantity can you easily fly into Biafra? More so, airfreight require specialized airports which will be costly to build. Also, hope you know that Biafra's neighbours can close their airspace to Biafran bound planes at the threat of shooting down violators.

Overall, Biafra being a landlocked country will increase its costs of doing business and its dependency on her neighbours. Her credit rating will be lowered due to this vulnerability and cost of funds will be high.

The chances of Biafra becoming an economic success is thus lowered and hinged on the whims of her neighbours.

My good friend, U seem to be seeing everything from pessimistic point of view, lets try to be a little objective in our analysis of these things. in the first place what suggest to u that the Niger Deltan even if they are independent state from Biafra will be hostile to them? the possibility is very low, Even the Yorubas are not that enemy of the igbos to bear arm against them. A look at lagos and the way the other tribes coexist will tell u that armed hostility is very low amongst these people, yes there might be ill feelings here and there but where are there no ill feelings? Then lets take your worst case scenario that every other stste around Biafra hates them they will still survive. In reality the fact that every one hates them will even bond them together to achieve greater ends. Just look at the State of Israel, and u will see that the entire south east is far much bigger than Israel, they are landlocked, they use irrigation all year round in their Agriculture yet, yet they produce enough to eat and export. they thrive well and have u ever herd of economic recession from that quaters. they are sorrunded by hostile neighbors and so what, they adjusted their policies to fit the reality there. Today they export War ships, today the Tavor series (tavor 21) that the SSS, The Navy and recently The Nigeria Airforce are using is produced and owned by israel(just look at israeli weapons.com to see more) My brother Biafra IF achieved will still thrive the realities on ground are not as harsh as you are putting them. thank U

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by charlesucheh(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Oga,to speak military grammar dey sweet u...
Guerrilla warfare is no war.Its 'hit n run' war.
You n who wan do dat one for south east n for how many years?
when ignorant touts speak and you respond, my guy you tend to look like them.......
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2017
You would have been a good writer if you could tone down on your insults. I'll ignore your expletives grin

Back to the topic, lets assume you are right for a second. In your opinion, how will the spanish government make the entire catalans become loving citizens of spain, join hands to build a beautiful nation, show patriotism to spain and make selfless sacrifices for Spain??

There's no way to get that. You have in your hands another example of a nation replete with acrimony. Not all problems can be solved with a gun.

hoopLA:

Don't be stup1d by nature and dumb by default.

The same Spanish government has threatened Catalan region with direct rule and you are here spewing rubbish.

That threat still stands in spite of the apology which;if you took time to read through(which I highly doubt) ;wasn't unconditional, which is hardly surprising given that you people are sold on half-truths, outright lies and cooked up fallacies.

Comparing separate climes and equating them in spite of their obvious differences is another panacea for madness. I don't see what you hope to achieve other than to satisfy your deflated chest that hasn't been beaten for a while since the python visited that area.

Face it, the good lawyer is being reasonable and practical,and is giving you factual insight into the issue at hand, but because you are so far gone into this ego trip based on mostly falsehoods, you can't see reason even if it sat on your face and farted in your nostrils.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 11:12am On Oct 07, 2017
JuicyStar:
It's painful to see people who have a good course fight it with a wrong strategy. Agitation is not a bad movement but carefully defining ur goal and mapping out strategy to achieve same is key. Rather than abuse everyone and turn the nation to chaos why can't they mount pressure on the politicians from the east to initiate a constitutional amendment process to accommodate referendum.

One thing is certain that no politician benefiting from the present structure wants restructuring and sessation. All these meetings are shakara just to appear that they are making moves. Is it a senator or rep. member that is earning fat salaries and allowances that would want to give powers to the states thereby reducing the money that goes to the federal? Is it a senator or rep. member that is enjoying in Abuja that would want Biafra to go thereby making them unqualified to be a member of nigeria national assembly. Abi na successful ignore trader scattered around nigeria that would want Biafra?

I bet that even if referendum is to be conducted, u would see how politicians from the east would mobilise their people against it.

My advice is that the Agitation should rather be against perceived marginalisation and need of inclusion in the scheme of things.
U have spoken well
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by BetaThings: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2017
istandfortruth:
referendum = war

Thats the thinking of shallow minds. Yet today Spain is apologising to the injured Catalans, the sooner we see that guns don't always work the better for us all. It is very possible to achieve Biafra without firing a single shot.

But it would have been a lot better to have a united Nigeria that's filled with love and devoid of nepotism because the government of today has proven that fiscal corruption isn't the worst thing destroying Nigeria but Nepotistic corruption is.

Kanu asked for guns and bullets

Guns and bullets = War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by NothingDoMe: 11:14am On Oct 07, 2017
Ijaya123:

And Afonja land is the most attractive to business than any other land in the country

That shows you the level of their reasoning is far beyond others.
If you read my comment again you'll see that I talked about "the original" afonja. That tells you that not all in that land are Afonjas.

Many here involved in tribal e-war against the igbos are not even yoruba. They hide under the pretense that they are to cause more problems.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2017
diadem10:

And only the SE land would be dredged bah?

The right to dredge your land to the sea depends on your surrounding neighbours and if they vetoed the move, there's nothing you can do! That's why people say you're landlocked.

Moreover, dredging the sea could lead to natural disaster, especially when the tide flows..
natural disaster, how what of Suez canal ? are u an expert in this area to make such assumption
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

That fish brain lady is completely bereft of intelligence.
Once you cornered her, she will start shouting ilorin or how ibos are buying swamps in lagos she call land grin
plz stop attacking people's personality here, it doesnt mk sense to me. lets attack d issues not personality, some of us come here to read informed opinions but when we see all these personality attacks it leaves so little to desire
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
mr oduduwa claiming anambra, leave me alone and answer my question,
how can you guys recover ilorin?
Amara, ozugo biko. hapu ha
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by GavelSlam: 11:23am On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
Igboland is not landlocked, go and read the map again,
landlocked means not having any waterbody that pours into the ocean,
as long as you have one,you are not landlocked and you can dredge it and build a port,
thats an UN international law,
go nd read about egypt canal construction or Dr congo port construction at matadi near angola.

So a vessel would snake between the borders of a sovereign nation, without checks on consignment, without tariff and without possible penalties such as complete and outright seizures?

6 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2017
istandfortruth:
I honestly do not intend to insult you by correcting this, i think you meant to say "antecedents" rather than "precedents" when referring to something in that existed before.

Yeah, you are right on the African thing, we've been so stereotyped with unbeleivable beleif which has kept us down for far too long. You have raised a good point, however thats Africa's weaknes and not its strength. If we truely desire a new Africa with less hatred then we should look towards changing such animalistic tendencies.

thanks for that... I hope u meant to type unbelievable believe and not (unbeleivable beleif) too...

it's not animalistic, no Nation on earth supports secessionist, America cracks down on Puerto Rican who a secessionist minded, Britain has been cracking down on Scotland, Ukrain deployed soldiers to Crimea, Iran is stopping the flow of oil to Kurdistan to halt their move for referendum, Spain is deploying the forces to harrass catalonians, Cameroon is clamping down hard on separatist, is real is still keeping the blockade on the Gaza strip... all Nation of the world are battling secessionist and no one opts to support them knowing that will stink of hypocrisy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by BetaThings: 11:24am On Oct 07, 2017
policy12:

He must be an Afonja...

Actually Agbakoba is contradicting himself

http://punchng.com/agbakoba-rejects-restructuring-backs-nnamdi-kanu/

http://thenationonlineng.net/agbakoba-fg-nigerias-sovereignty-not-sacrosanct/

...said IPOB’s quest for self-determination was lawful and found justification in Article 1 (2) of the United Nations Charter and Article 20 (1) of the African Charter of Human and Peoples Rights, to which Nigeria was a signatory.

He said the Federal Government must immediately initiate a process to put the continued existence of Nigeria as a sovereign entity to a debate, stressing that restructuring was not the road map to federalism

When asked whether he aligned with IPOB’s call for a referendum towards self-determination, Agbakoba, who said he had nothing against Kanu, responded, “Absolutely! What is sacrosanct about Nigeria? Nothing. What is sacrosanct about Nigeria is our agreement to be part of Nigeria. I’m not suggesting that Nigeria should not exist but to say that Nigeria’s sovereignty is not negotiable, nobody should talk about it.”

Agbakoba, who was a delegate at the 2014 National Conference, also said implementing the resolutions of the conference would not quell the various secessionist agitations in the country.

He argued that while it was politically incorrect for the Arewa youths to give the Igbo living in the North a quit notice, there was no legal basis to call for their arrest.

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by hoopLA: 11:28am On Oct 07, 2017
istandfortruth:
You would have been a good writer if you could tone down on your insults. I'll ignore your expletives grin

Back to the topic, lets assume you are right for a second. In your opinion, how will the spanish government make the entire catalans become loving citizens of spain, join hands to build a beautiful nation, show patriotism to spain and make selfless sacrifices for Spain??

There's no way to get that. You have in your hands another example of a nation replete with acrimony. Not all problems can be solved with a gun.

If you've been following the developments in Spain you won't equate it with the Biafra struggle.
The king of Spain blamed the Catalan parliament for organizing an illegal referendum in the so-called apology (read it up);meaning it had no approval from the Spanish government hence the police crackdown. You could go a step further to argue that they attempted a brutal crackdown on the elections if news outlets are anything to go by.
So that in itself tells me that coupled with the threat of direct rule, the Spanish government is NOT ready for the Catalan secession bid, and will go out in any measure to stop it, including violent crackdown. So that answers your question about "unity". Apparently it is also non-negotiable too in Spain.
The Spanish government in threatening direct rule over Catalonia is even taking more draconian measures to halt the secession plans, in my estimation. I think you know what "direct rule" means. They've even blocked the Catalan parliament from sitting on Monday. Talk about high handed moves and you are wailing about Nigeria.
How you compare a country that has a region governed by a parliament with Nigeria which firstly doesn't have a mention of a referendum in its constitution,not to talk of the same region being under federal rule with state governments that take revenue generated from other areas is really hypocritical and self serving, to be quite candid. The common thread between Spain andNigeria is their unwillingness at this point to slow secession but that is where the similarities end. Check other countries with regions presently agitating for secession and show me one which is willing to let them go and see if it is not the same case.

The Biafra struggle 2.0 was doomed an initio. Even you know it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Torylanez(m): 11:32am On Oct 07, 2017
istandfortruth:
referendum = war

Thats the thinking of shallow minds. Yet today Spain is apologising to the injured Catalans, the sooner we see that guns don't always work the better for us all. It is very possible to achieve Biafra without firing a single shot.

But it would have been a lot better to have a united Nigeria that's filled with love and devoid of nepotism because the government of today has proven that fiscal corruption isn't the worst thing destroying Nigeria but Nepotistic corruption is.

Nnamdi kanu's Biafra agitation was Biafra or death
burn down the zoo
kill the Hausa-fulanis
kill the yoruba cowards

Bring buhari head for ipod flatheaded plagiocephalic pigs

So what do u mean by referendum is not war?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Ngokafor(f): 11:33am On Oct 07, 2017
Yorubas on this thread are beside themseves with joy at this info from Olisa...Unity beggers. cheesy
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:45am On Oct 07, 2017
McTobe:

My good friend, U seem to be seeing everything from pessimistic point of view, lets try to be a little objective in our analysis of these things. in the first place what suggest to u that the Niger Deltan even if they are independent state from Biafra will be hostile to them? the possibility is very low, Even the Yorubas are not that enemy of the igbos to bear arm against them. A look at lagos and the way the other tribes coexist will tell u that armed hostility is very low amongst these people, yes there might be ill feelings here and there but where are there no ill feelings? Then lets take your worst case scenario that every other stste around Biafra hates them they will still survive. In reality the fact that every one hates them will even bond them together to achieve greater ends. Just look at the State of Israel, and u will see that the entire south east is far much bigger than Israel, they are landlocked, they use irrigation all year round in their Agriculture yet, yet they produce enough to eat and export. they thrive well and have u ever herd of economic recession from that quaters. they are sorrunded by hostile neighbors and so what, they adjusted their policies to fit the reality there. Today they export War ships, today the Tavor series (tavor 21) that the SSS, The Navy and recently The Nigeria Airforce are using is produced and owned by israel(just look at israeli weapons.com to see more) My brother Biafra IF achieved will still thrive the realities on ground are not as harsh as you are putting them. thank U

1) Israel is not landlocked. Please, look at your map. It has access to both the Mediterranean and the Red Sea.

2)Israel fluorishes with a lot of disadvantages - that is true. Because Ashkenazi Jews are the most resourceful, enterprising, innovative sons-of-biitches on the planet who can turn any desert to an oasis. There's a reason Jews, with a tiny global population of between 12 million to 15 million (and no, Ndigbo are not Jews grin) have won almost 200 Nobel prizes between them - nearly a quarter of all Nobels awarded. I'm sorry to burst the bubble created here, but an independent South East will be an economically unviable hell-hole except they can get the Niger-Delta and even states like Benue to join them, and trust me, the inhabitants of those places are distrustful and resentful of Igbos.. They'd much rather be exploited by Hausa-Fulanis than succumb to anything they see as Igbo domination.

Many of you seem incapable of understanding that there is a reason Igbos are the most nomadic tribe in Nigeria. You could probably go to Sambisa forest and see Igbos there. Our region cannot sustain our ambitions. The landmass is tiny. It is landlocked. It is less gifted with mineral resources than any other region. It is the only region that has no international borders and has the worst strategic location as an independent state. And our elected leaders are every bit as useless as any other leaders in Nigeria. The Biafran utopia many of you dream of will never exist.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by hoopLA: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2017
BetaThings:

Actually Agbakoba is contradicting himself

http://punchng.com/agbakoba-rejects-restructuring-backs-nnamdi-kanu/

http://thenationonlineng.net/agbakoba-fg-nigerias-sovereignty-not-sacrosanct/

Oga if you failed simple comprehension in school no need to show us. Your village square is there for you to display your folly.

That he backs an agitation doesn't make him blind to the reality on ground.
So there is nothing to contradict here. Learn to understand simple context instead of pretending to be intelligent.
Unlike most of you bush iPigs he knows the real truth aboutBiafra and has come to terms with the reality of the situation should Biafra be realized, not the fraudulent version sold to you in hysteria by that coward pretending to be an intellectual because he has access to a microphone.
But stupid people will always be louder hence the mass ignorance in display.

Please go back and resit simple Secondary School English language.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2017
I understand that its Nnamdi Kanu's name that comes to mind each time the word Biafra is heard these days. Those hate-filled calls were wrong and sorry for that. He missed the point right there.

Now, it still doesn't mean that the aggitations doesn't carry truth in its belly for the aggitations of the east preceeds Nnamdi Kanu and will still continue after him if not addressed. Why is the east saying "I want to go"? Why is the thought of starting from scratch to build a new nation more prefereable than an existing nation? Its because there's absolutely no sense of belonging anymore. You also will leave a relationship if you find yourself in same shoes. That's why we must look towards building the kind of society of peace and not fake talks. The issue of nepotism or marginalisation in the present administration hasn't helped in uniting the nation but is in itself antithetical to unity. It will only bring more and more bloodshed both for this generation and the generations unborn.

Torylanez:

Nnamdi kanu's Biafra agitation was Biafra or death
burn down the zoo
kill the Hausa-fulanis
kill the yoruba cowards

Bring buhari head for ipod flatheaded plagiocephalic pigs

So what do u mean by referendum is not war?
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by BetaThings: 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
hoopLA:

Oga if you failed simple comprehension in school no need to show us. Your village square is there for you to display your folly.

You are the one who is failing to comprehend

hoopLA:
That he backs an agitation doesn't make him blind to the reality on ground.
So there is nothing to contradict here. Learn to understand simple context instead of pretending to be intelligent.

Pretending to be intelligent?. Hahaha

hoopLA:
Unlike most of you bush iPigs
I am not from the SE but I can be objective about issues

[quote author=hoopLA post=61188780]he knows the real truth aboutBiafra and has come to terms with the reality of the situation should Biafra be realized, not the fraudulent version sold to you in hysteria by that coward pretending to be an intellectual because he has access to a microphone.
So why did he encourage Kanu by saying a few months ago that Nigerian unity is negotiable
Why did he rubbish restructuring as not being enough?
He is an elderly person and a respected lawyer. People like him, Nwabueze and Ekwueme publicly supported Kanu
Now he is saying the venture is not viable after the proscription of IPOB
Why did he not counsel Kanu to be less antagonistic to avoid badly alienating all the other tribes in Nigeria

hoopLA:
But stupid people will always be louder hence the mass ignorance in display.Please go back and resit simple Secondary School English language.
You have serious ego issues
Tone it down for your own good

1 Like

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Ojiofor: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2017
Is Nigeria viable?
A nation without electricity can't be viable in this 21st century.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by istandfortruth: 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
You couldn't answer those questions about building a loving and united nation. I understand that, i couldn't too. However, we can clearly see that all the nations who have taken the route of violence in keeping unity keep strugglling so hard when it comes to developing that much needed spirit of unity and love amongst its citizenry. They will keep fighting at least till that generation dies and another generation chooses to negotiate the terms of thier existence. That's the difference in our thoughts bro.

hoopLA:

If you've been following the developments in Spain you won't equate it with the Biafra struggle.
The king of Spain blamed the Catalan parliament for organizing an illegal referendum in the so-called apology (read it up);meaning it had no approval from the Spanish government hence the police crackdown. You could go a step further to argue that they attempted a brutal crackdown on the elections if news outlets are anything to go by.
So that in itself tells me that coupled with the threat of direct rule, the Spanish government is NOT ready for the Catalan secession bid, and will go out in any measure to stop it, including violent crackdown. So that answers your question about "unity". Apparently it is also non-negotiable too in Spain.
The Spanish government in threatening direct rule over Catalonia is even taking more draconian measures to halt the secession plans, in my estimation. I think you know what "direct rule" means. They've even blocked the Catalan parliament from sitting on Monday. Talk about high handed moves and you are wailing about Nigeria.
How you compare a country that has a region governed by a parliament with Nigeria which firstly doesn't have a mention of a referendum in its constitution,not to talk of the same region being under federal rule with state governments that take revenue generated from other areas is really hypocritical and self serving, to be quite candid. The common thread between Spain andNigeria is their unwillingness at this point to slow secession but that is where the similarities end. Check other countries with regions presently agitating for secession and show me one which is willing to let them go and see if it is not the same case.

The Biafra struggle 2.0 was doomed an initio. Even you know it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dollar Rain For Senators-elect / Umahi Visits Mining Site Where Vehicle Plunged Inside, Spends 2 Hours / 2019: No Automatic Ticket For Buhari, Says Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.