Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable (33420 Views)

Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable / 11 Reasons Why Atiku Should Adopt Olisa Agbakoba As His Running Mate / Victor Banjo, The Yoruba Biafran Soldier: What You Don't Know About The Lt. Col. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by lx3as(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

There is nothing to counter in your lies about igbo not been landlocked.
You want to dregde the river Niger or the river tributaries?
What exactly does this your dredging invloved and don't you ever think that ibos have the sole decision on such river dredging
You ibos dont think through issues before opening your mouths to talk some ersin tbings

To her, Niger and Mali can follow river Niger to its Delta, do their import/export businesses without Nigerian authority.
I wonder how these people reason!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by CeterisXVII: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
laudate:

How did you guess? cheesy
I know you were being sarcastic! With a name like Olisa, how can he be an Afonja?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Precambrian111: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2017
LoveMachine:
Everyone who lived through the war has condemned any rehashing of Biafra. I was just talking to my old man the other night. He almost blew a gasket because of how upset he got talking about these morons trying to push us back into the hells of war.
Guest what only a fool called people morons
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by CeterisXVII: 12:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
lx3as:

To her, Niger and Mali can follow river Niger to its Delta, do their import/export businesses without Nigerian authority.
I wonder how these people reason!
When I saw her citing the Congo - Angola example, I knew she didn't understand the basic factors that led to it. If both countries were not on good terms, and did not share extensive bilateral relations, would it have been possible? Besides it took years for them to even agree on the issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by CeterisXVII: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
go and ask that to Igbos,
I am amazed the ways you oduduwas carry biafra issue on head,
its ridiculous,
mr man, go and read un chater on internationl water body,
drcongo activated it and dredged their congo river to the ocean passing through angola waterbody,
its all about diplomatic relationship,
and btw way, obeaku river in Abia is the shortest to atlantic and not river niger,
when we reach the bridge, we will know how to cross,
worry not about us
There is nothing like UN charter on international water body. If it exists, can you quote the relevant sections that support your claim? What is available is the UN Law of the Sea. And there is nothing in it to support what you just said.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by okerekeikpo: 12:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
Go and seat down old man
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by suremanpatriot: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2017
So na now you realized,where crooked lier dey busy dey defend truants and reckless illiterate,ignoramus boys

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by jaymichael(m): 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2017
Eastfield1:
Biafra is Vary possible, with well coordinated & Strategic Guerilla warfare.
When this happens, to other ethnic groups, there won't be a distinction between the separatist agitators and other Igbos. The Igbos nationwide will be targets of reprisal attacks. Think about your decisions properly and be ready for any consequences of your actions.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Dedetwo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 07, 2017
Solomonudofia:
SaharaTV interviews prominent Igbo lawyer and former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Dr Olisa Agbakoba (SAN) on issue concerning ipob and Nnamdi Kanu, inwhich he stated that Biafra Is Not Viable accounting to his experience as a Biafran soldier.

watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tRBhvHmoQ

cc: lalasticlala

I must say that the first Republic of Biafra failed in its endeavor because of soldiers such as useless SAN in the person of Olisa Agbakoba. Eritrea started the agitation for self determination almost the same time as Biafra. Eritrea was soundly defeated not twice yet each time restarted the fight for independent homeland and today Eritrea is a country. I must tell Olisa Agbakoba that he is not the only Igbo man who fought as a soldier during Nigeria/Biafra war and it is act of recklessness to say that Biafra is not viable. It is unfortunate that IPOB did not realize that armed struggle is an integral part of the process of self determination. IPOB should have armed themselves and started absolute destruction of what makes the zoo stand.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by oladeebo: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2017
Dedetwo:

I must say that the first Republic of Biafra failed in its endeavor because of soldiers such as useless SAN in the person of Olisa Agbakoba. Eritrea started the agitation for self determination almost the same time as Biafra. Eritrea was soundly defeated not twice yet each time restarted the fight for independent homeland and today Eritrea is a country. I must tell Olisa Agbakoba he is not the only Igbo man who fought as a soldier during Nigeria/Biafra war. It is unfortunate that IPOB did not realize that armed struggle is an integral part of the process of self determination. IPOB should armed themselves and started absolute destruction of what makes the zoo stand.
but why it should be ipob that take the action you mention here and not you?
are you nonentity?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by stanley37(m): 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
ApexPredator:
Have you ever seen a host that doesn't want to get rid of it's parasites?
lemme tell you wat u don't no, fine u are the parasite here buh wat the president is fighting for is simple.I repeat no president whether from SS, SW,NE or so will want to see the country Nigeria break wen he is the sitting president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by ProWalker: 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2017
Dedetwo:

I must say that the first Republic of Biafra failed in its endeavor because of soldiers such as useless SAN in the person of Olisa Agbakoba. Eritrea started the agitation for self determination almost the same time as Biafra. Eritrea was soundly defeated not twice yet each time restarted the fight for independent homeland and today Eritrea is a country. I must tell Olisa Agbakoba that he is not the only Igbo man who fought as a soldier during Nigeria/Biafra war and it is act of recklessness to say that Biafra is not viable. It is unfortunate that IPOB did not realize that armed struggle is an integral part of the process of self determination. IPOB should have armed themselves and started absolute destruction of what makes the zoo stand.

While you are safely tucked away in one European country and hiding behind keyboard to keep dishing out falsehood while they get killed like flies in Nigeria
You Igbos leaving outside the country are very wicked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by checkolatunji: 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2017
istandfortruth:
And you are proud of that right?

Don't stress yourself. You can't change the situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Dedetwo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Dedetwo(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2017
oladeebo:

but why it should be ipob that take the action you mention here and not you?
are you nonentity?

Are you a rapscallion should have been a question you have asked your silly self. Are you moronically unaware that IPOB has been proscribed as terrorist outfit by the imbecilic government of Nigeria when it has not spilt anybody's sachet water?
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Dedetwo(m): 1:21pm On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

While you are safely tucked away in one European country and hiding behind keyboard to keep dishing out falsehood while they get killed like flies in Nigeria

IPOB got killed because of their useless and meaningless approach to self determination and dumbass country such as Nigeria. Besides it is a noted fact that cost of freedom has always been steep.

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2017
LoveMachine:
Everyone who lived through the war has condemned any rehashing of Biafra. I was just talking to my old man the other night. He almost blew a gasket because of how upset he got talking about these morons trying to push us back into the hells of war.

Pls show me a difference between the present failed nigeria, the obviously future less nigeria and a civil war
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
ProWalker:

whybare u forcing confusion upon urself
Do biafrans living abroad need to come back in order to legitimate the struggle
U guys are so senseless.

Avengers sent nigeria to 800k barrels per day as against 2.2 million barrels. If the FG didn't back down n they sustained their attacks until nigeria got to less than 100k barrels a day, I assure u nigeria would have split in a very quick fashion.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Dedetwo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
LoveMachine:

This is absolute nonsensical trash and shameless falsehood. Not everyone who lived through Nigeria/Biafra war has condemned another round of it in order to achieve unconditional freedom. War has always being part of human nature and will continue to play a part in shaping of our future. I shall fight again and again to achieve freedom for my people.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by 2undeajigs: 1:53pm On Oct 07, 2017
seunowa:

If a Northern slaps an ipob member his brothers will start shouting Afonja

I just tire my brother.Ipob hates Afonja more than anything in this life ��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by CeterisXVII: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2017
Dedetwo:

This is absolute nonsensical trash and shameless falsehood. Not everyone who lived through Nigeria/Biafra war has condemned another round of it in order to achieve unconditional freedom. War has always being part of human nature and will continue to play a part in shaping of our future. I shall fight again and again to achieve freedom for my people.
We have heard. You will fight again and again from behind your keyboard in that foreign city, where you reside abroad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by CeterisXVII: 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
2undeajigs:

I just tire my brother.Ipob hates Afonja more than anything in this life ��
You guys give them sleepless nights with the way you expose their propaganda, myths and exaggerated tales.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Kaymaxine(m): 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2017
Eastfield1:
Biafra is Vary possible, with well coordinated & Strategic Guerilla warfare.
Mumu!!!
See e mouth lik gorilla yarnsh
#kipkwayet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by gidgiddy: 2:25pm On Oct 07, 2017
I like the fact even though Olisa Agbakoba said Biafra is not viable, he also said the unity of Nigeria is not by force. He said that it is not a must we must all be together and supports the idea of a referendum.

It is one thing to say that Biafra will not be viable, it another to be a "unity of Nigeria is non negotiable" type of person.

From the interview, it is clear that Agbakoba supports self determination. He might not support Kanu's style, but he is not against the ideology. Agbakoba is a practicable man, the fact that he thinks Biafra will not be viable does not make him disregard the right of Igbos to have Biafra. This is the kind of man you can work with, not a closed minded person like Buhari who thinks the angels came down from the Sky and designed Nigeria to last forever.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by ifyboy60(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

you guys keep saying Estonia and Scotland.
but forget to say dat u r African and u should check d precedents here in Africa.
unity is non-negotiable the next alternative is war... if u can''t do dat... then shutdown
very correct, no African country will give anyone a referendum. its either u win a war like Eritrea or u shut d hell up

2 Likes

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by kjhova(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
McTobe:

My good friend, U seem to be seeing everything from pessimistic point of view, lets try to be a little objective in our analysis of these things. in the first place what suggest to u that the Niger Deltan even if they are independent state from Biafra will be hostile to them? the possibility is very low, Even the Yorubas are not that enemy of the igbos to bear arm against them. A look at lagos and the way the other tribes coexist will tell u that armed hostility is very low amongst these people, yes there might be ill feelings here and there but where are there no ill feelings? Then lets take your worst case scenario that every other stste around Biafra hates them they will still survive. In reality the fact that every one hates them will even bond them together to achieve greater ends. Just look at the State of Israel, and u will see that the entire south east is far much bigger than Israel, they are landlocked, they use irrigation all year round in their Agriculture yet, yet they produce enough to eat and export. they thrive well and have u ever herd of economic recession from that quaters. they are sorrunded by hostile neighbors and so what, they adjusted their policies to fit the reality there. Today they export War ships, today the Tavor series (tavor 21) that the SSS, The Navy and recently The Nigeria Airforce are using is produced and owned by israel(just look at israeli weapons.com to see more) My brother Biafra IF achieved will still thrive the realities on ground are not as harsh as you are putting them. thank U

Dear friend,

When embarking on perilious journeys like this, it is best to assume your worst case scenario. It amounts to delusion to do otherwise. Remember the old saying; "never underestimate the other guy's greed" (also insert jealousy, envy et al).

There is a reason why Nigeria does not really care about our neighbours; Niger, Cameroon and co. As different countries, overtime, our interests differ...and even oppose each other. No matter how friendly you expect Niger Delta and Biafra to be, overtime, reality and competition will differentiate them. A landlocked will become an economic victim of the Niger Delta.

As for Israel, she is not landlocked. Two, she is the creation of Anglo-American wealth. It will be foolhardy to assume Biafra in the same breath as Israel. It os such folly that will lead to destruction of the East.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by ifyboy60(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
gidgiddy:

Because senators cannot get referendum at the national assembly, nobody can, they simply wont have the numbers.

The only way to get referendum is by agitation and civil disobedience. When the agitation gets loud enough, the national assembly.
the catalonians av bin agitating for over a hundred yes, Scotland more than 200 yes, bro referendum no be beans.
the only reason england allowed it is coz they knew d Scotts would vote to remain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by McTobe(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2017
kjhova:

Dear friend,

When embarking on perilious journeys like this, it is best to assume your worst case scenario. It amounts to delusion to do otherwise. Remember the old saying; "never underestimate the other guy's greed" (also insert jealousy, envy et al).

There is a reason why Nigeria does not really care about our neighbours; Niger, Cameroon and co. As different countries, overtime, our interests differ...and even oppose each other. No matter how friendly you expect Niger Delta and Biafra to be, overtime, reality and competition will differentiate them. A landlocked will become an economic victim of the Niger Delta.

As for Israel, she is not landlocked. Two, she is the creation of Anglo-American wealth. It will be foolhardy to assume Biafra in the same breath as Israel. It os such folly that will lead to destruction of the East.
Foolhardy is a very strong term. I agree with U dat we should assume a worst case scenario in situation as this but I strongly doubt your worst case scenario will apply with Biafra. How were these people able to withstand federal might for 30 Months . How were they able to power their Automobiles & other artillery for d 30 Months d war lasted. are U aware that within the period there was a lot of research that went on outcome of which was d Popular Ogbunigwe aka Ojukwu bucket.but in Nigeria they did not have time for such research. My dear friend don't underestimate what a human being can achieve when pushed beyond their comfort zone, don't ever underestimate it. Israel quite well is US pet nation but it will be a misrepresentation of facts to call their achievements Anglo-American Wealth. They are in fact the closest of what a determined nation in d midst of foes can achieve. Israel hv disagreed severally with US & Britain both covertly & Openly, Israel's greatest Military wares some don't even find their way into America. Even if they received help from US it was their human capital that built their state to what it is today. but ur point are well clear
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by Tecno66: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2017
NothingDoMe:
The name Afonja also includes those who reason like the original Afonja
So we now have original and fake Afonja. Very good.
Re: Olisa Agbakoba: As A Biafran Soldier, I Can Tell You That Biafra Is Not Viable by bamite(m): 3:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
Amarabae:
I thought you will counter my point intellectually with key facts,
and btw have you heard about commercial airports,
are Igbos airlocked too?
Many products are exported and imported by air,
so stop worrying about Igbos,dear.

You don't just fly over a country's airspace without permission. Haven made so much enemies around you, any flight that crosses Nigerian airspace from biafra land will be shot down.

Plain and simple!!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Babajide Sanwoolu And Obafemi Hamzat Meet With Nollywood Stars / IPOB Vows To Deliver Hoodlums Beheading Residents Of South East To Soludo / Naira Crisis Suits Must Be Decided Today - Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.