Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Site Review - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Site Review (821 Views)

Lagoslabs.com Site Review / Colorbox / Thickbox / Critical Site Review / Site Review: Naija Lingo (pidgin English Dictionary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Site Review by my2cents(m): 3:13am On Feb 19, 2007
http://www.thechurchofchristatriverdalega.org/

The basic infrastructure is done. Ignore links in the following sections, "Our leaders", "Youth" and "Contact" as well as links in the "Assembly Schedule" section. These will be added by friday.

Other than that, critique away grin

Thanks
Re: Site Review by ojchris(m): 3:57am On Feb 19, 2007
its just simple. but the banner could be improved on.
Re: Site Review by my2cents(m): 4:22am On Feb 19, 2007
It's just simple, and thatz the point tongue

I get that a lot from pple and to say I didnt expect that as one of the comments, if not the #1 comment would be the understatement of the century. A website doesn't necessarily have to have everything including the kitchen sink. In the end, just like the driver who only cares that his car cranks and now how it cranks, users just wanna get to the information they seek. The easer they get to it, the better experience they have.

As for the banner, I guess I could say I will work on it wink I only stick to text headers right now. Saves on download speeds and is preferred by search engines. The flash thing is something I am experimenting with. I am thinking of creating a few and randomizing them so you don't get the same scripture each time which even to me would b a tad boring.

Thanks for the input though. Much appreciated.
Re: Site Review by xanadu: 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2007
Great design, my2cents. Love the colour scheme, the effect on the eyes, the general simplicity and consequent ease of use. Quite frankly, I wish most Nigerian designers would take a cue from this - as you say, there is really no need to load up a site with all the effects in the world. Unfortunately, for a lot of Nigerian web designers the intepretation of website design = online filmshow! As far as I am concerned, even the banner does not require any modification (unless you have already done that between this post and the last one).

So - keep it up: i think it's a great design.
Re: Site Review by my2cents(m): 10:54pm On Feb 19, 2007
Thanks xanadu,

Most likely, you got the most recent header by the time you posted. I thought again about the header and noticed that when using plain text, the "@" sign was not appearing smoothly, so I caved and went for a graphical design and of course added another 8Kb to the page embarassed Oh well.

Thanks once again.

(1) (Reply)

Video Conference Facilities In Lagos / The Dreamweaver Lounge! / Professional Web Site Design - Request For Bids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.