Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,901 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi (613 Views)

COVID-19 Will Make The Poor, Poorer – Buhari / Osinbajo: 'Buhari Poorer Now Compared To 2015' - Nigerians React / Donald Duke Replies Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "You Left Nigeria Poorer Than You Met It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by nghubs1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
Peter Obi, the former Governor of Anambra state and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said politics made him poorer.

Obi revealed this while reacting to accusation that he manipulated the primary election of Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) in Anambra state.

Obi said he never entered politics wretched adding that he had made so many investments and have been managing the family business.

Obi said

“I did not go into politics wretched; I was already a director in three financial institutions, a director in four other major companies; all by the virtue of my investments. I was also running a successful family business. Going into politics even made me poorer but I won’t question anything because that is where God wants me to be. The joy of rendering fruitful service to the people cannot be quantified in naira and kobo. For me, all I want is for us to have a better society; caring for the poor and the people.”

Obi added that he is not a caretaker committee of the party in the State neither was he a delegate at the primary election.

He said

“I’m not a member of PDP Caretaker Committee in the State. I’m not a delegate to the primaries. So, I wonder how this came about. There were delegates who voted. Those delegates are not my brothers and sisters.

“The best thing to do now is to avoid distractions the opposition is deliberately planting amongst us in order to have competitive advantage over us. I wish all PDP members realise this. People must realise that In any election, you must support one person or the other based on his proven and inherent potentials.

“ I do so based on that criteria and not for transaction. I must have a cogent and convincing reason in my own case to support anybody. Yes, anybody can talk about Oseloka Obaze. I can tell you that for me, people said my government did well; one of those who made it possible is Oseloka Obaze.”

http://nghubs.info/politics-made-me-poorer-peter-obi/

Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by nghubs1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2017
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by nairavsdollars(f): 3:22pm On Oct 07, 2017
Bloody thief...with all the investments aND Shoprite franchise in all of Anambra...will u keep kwayet?

1 Like

Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by Ikem11(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
Poorer he said?
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by lordimmaogidi(m): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2017
Okwute ndi Igbo ride on my proven technocrat.come 2019, we shall vote you in as the VP
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by Seeker17(m): 3:28pm On Oct 07, 2017
Some of these guys should fear God naw. Haba!
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by madridguy(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Quit politics den abi dey force you?
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by globemoney: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2017
You started and completed your personal mall which is currently the biggest in Abuja as governor, your aide was once caught in Lagos while you were governor, trying to ferry your 250million abroad, you are yet to account for LG funds that was in your possession for 8 years, but politics made you poorer. Coming from a man that lied about wearing one wrist watch for 17 years..
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mr Obi it seems Buhari is your politcal role model.

Maybe you are learning the art of pretence,false modesty and humility from the Daura President.

You can only deceive the simple minded and the gullible zombies,just like Buhari did.
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by Jaideyone(m): 4:48pm On Oct 07, 2017
lol more lies for his gullible worshipers
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by ufuosman(m): 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2017
Mr man talk well, u dey lie u no dey laff
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by haryorbarmie83(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2017
And you still want to contest for another political office. Your mumu followers will believe you.
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by Buharimustgo: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2017
guterMann:
Mr Obi it seems Buhari is your politcal role model.

Maybe you are learning the art of pretence,false modesty and humility from the Daura President.

You can only deceive the simple minded and the gullible zombies,just like Buhari did.

You just said everything no need to add more
Re: Politics Made Me Poorer- Peter Obi by vedaxcool(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2017
Another thief who robs his people then lie to them that FG is marginalizing them to divert attention from his robbery.

(1) (Reply)

The Faith Of Woman Who Donated 1million Life Saving To PMB? / Obiano Gives Rice Processing Machines To Rice Farmers In Anambra State (photos) / Photos Of Massive Protest In Port Harcourt Against Sars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.