Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market (15215 Views)

5 Brand New Peugeot Cars In Nigeria And Their Prices / Peugeot Celebrates 50 Years Of Legend 504, Nigerians Reacts (photos) / Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by RZArecta(m): 7:19am On Oct 08, 2017
PSA Group, the French maker of Peugeot, Citroen and DS autos, is introducing its Free2Move ride-sharing app in Seattle, beginning an incremental push to re-enter the U.S. that could eventually culminate in PSA importing cars to the country. “It’s so crowded here, the last thing you want is a billion-euro investment and not selling enough cars,” PSA’s North America chief Larry Dominique said in a phone interview, adding that it was “very likely” that any push by PSA to sell its cars in the U.S. would start with imported vehicles. “Initially the goal is to establish a footprint.” The carmaker is introducing the Free2Move app to the West Coast city on Tuesday after a nationwide launch in Android and Apple stores in July that wasn’t actively marketed -- the first step in a 10-year plan laid out last year to return to North America. The Free2Move app aggregates mobility services such as those of Daimler AG’s Car2Go and Avis Budget Group Inc.’s Zipcar, allowing drivers to access all the car-sharing providers in the city with one tool. “Our goal is to be a service provider for customers, and to do that you need to be open to working with everyone,” Dominique said. Europe’s second-largest auto manufacturer, which left the U.S. market in 1991, increased its exposure to its home continent with the recent acquisition of General Motors Co.’s European division. Adding the Opel and Vauxhall brands to its portfolio means that more than 70 percent of the company’s sales now come from Europe. At the same time, PSA is struggling with slumping sales in the U.K. and China. Bollore Venture Off The Free2Move app is currently available in France, Spain, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Austria and Sweden, with 400,000 customers and about 30 mobility operators, the company said. In Seattle, it will progressively add bike-sharing services such as Ofo, a Chinese startup backed by Alibaba and Didi. PSA created its North American unit in June under the leadership of Dominique, a former Nissan executive who has worked for TrueCar Inc., which provides prices and information for car shoppers. Dominique manages a team of 10 that may grow as the company seeks a city for its U.S. headquarters. For now, PSA is not participating in a car-sharing venture with Bollore SA in Los Angeles, Dominique said, after the companies previously announced plans to cooperate. A Paris-based spokeswoman for PSA said no decision has been made on a future Bollore partnership in Los Angeles. A Bollore spokesman declined to comment. The automaker could eventually develop its own ride-hailing app, Dominique said. PSA already operates a car-sharing service in Madrid with Spanish company Estacionamientos y servicios, known as Eysa. PSA says introducing mobility services is a way to test U.S. consumers’ appetite for its brands. Its next generation of vehicles will meet U.S. safety and emission standards, according to Dominique.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-04/peugeot-maker-says-ride-sharing-app-a-first-step-in-u-s-return?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Cladez(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
This life sef.In the 90's they were one of the best car brands competing with the best but now look where they are.

No condition is permanent

5 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by edlion57(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
I just wish der can modify Peugeot 504...I love that car...the body structure is different from other saloon cars

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by greatman247(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
Slick
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by jonili(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
OK good
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Likins(m): 7:39am On Oct 08, 2017
RZArecta:
PSA Group, the French maker of Peugeot, Citroen and DS autos, is introducing its Free2Move ride-sharing app in Seattle, beginning an incremental push to re-enter the U.S. that could eventually culminate in PSA importing cars to the country. “It’s so crowded here, the last thing you want is a billion-euro investment and not selling enough cars,” PSA’s North America chief Larry Dominique said in a phone interview, adding that it was “very likely” that any push by PSA to sell its cars in the U.S. would start with imported vehicles. “Initially the goal is to establish a footprint.” The carmaker is introducing the Free2Move app to the West Coast city on Tuesday after a nationwide launch in Android and Apple stores in July that wasn’t actively marketed -- the first step in a 10-year plan laid out last year to return to North America. The Free2Move app aggregates mobility services such as those of Daimler AG’s Car2Go and Avis Budget Group Inc.’s Zipcar, allowing drivers to access all the car-sharing providers in the city with one tool. “Our goal is to be a service provider for customers, and to do that you need to be open to working with everyone,” Dominique said. Europe’s second-largest auto manufacturer, which left the U.S. market in 1991, increased its exposure to its home continent with the recent acquisition of General Motors Co.’s European division. Adding the Opel and Vauxhall brands to its portfolio means that more than 70 percent of the company’s sales now come from Europe. At the same time, PSA is struggling with slumping sales in the U.K. and China. Bollore Venture Off The Free2Move app is currently available in France, Spain, Germany, the U.K., Italy, Austria and Sweden, with 400,000 customers and about 30 mobility operators, the company said. In Seattle, it will progressively add bike-sharing services such as Ofo, a Chinese startup backed by Alibaba and Didi. PSA created its North American unit in June under the leadership of Dominique, a former Nissan executive who has worked for TrueCar Inc., which provides prices and information for car shoppers. Dominique manages a team of 10 that may grow as the company seeks a city for its U.S. headquarters. For now, PSA is not participating in a car-sharing venture with Bollore SA in Los Angeles, Dominique said, after the companies previously announced plans to cooperate. A Paris-based spokeswoman for PSA said no decision has been made on a future Bollore partnership in Los Angeles. A Bollore spokesman declined to comment. The automaker could eventually develop its own ride-hailing app, Dominique said. PSA already operates a car-sharing service in Madrid with Spanish company Estacionamientos y servicios, known as Eysa. PSA says introducing mobility services is a way to test U.S. consumers’ appetite for its brands. Its next generation of vehicles will meet U.S. safety and emission standards, according to Dominique.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-04/peugeot-maker-says-ride-sharing-app-a-first-step-in-u-s-return?cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
Good

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Glaxx(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2017
For some years now, Peugeot has reduced it's advertising at least in the Nigerian market. They have always, in my opinion, been on the same pedestal as Mercedes on performance, but the later is beginning to outclass them in design. Good one Peugeot, we're watching.

**Edited**
Wow! I take that back! Peugeot has definitely been uping it's game. This their 2018 models in the picture below are definitely for heavy men.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by bentlywills(m): 7:41am On Oct 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Skerere: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2017
lipsrsealed How this news take concern Nigerians now? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by BYEI(m): 7:44am On Oct 08, 2017
I hope they succeed, I love companies with drive. 10 year plan �
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by kingreign(m): 7:48am On Oct 08, 2017
True lazy car company.
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 08, 2017
Ok, kindly tell them to visit: www.creativestudioone.com to make an advert for the company.
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by jibs4lv(m): 8:03am On Oct 08, 2017
Likins:

Good
learn to quote undecided
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Kingkamal(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Peugeot is not a reliable car I used three different 406 model. But when I changed to ford I realized that am wasting my money on Peugeot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by mmsen: 8:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Glaxx:
For some years now, Peugeot has reduced it's advertising at least in the Nigerian market. They have always, in my opinion, been on the same pedestal as Mercedes on performance, but the later is beginning to outclass them in design. Good one Peugeot, we're watching.

**Edited**
Wow! I take that back! Peugeot has definitely been uping it's game. This their 2018 models in the picture below are definitely for heavy men.

Peugeot struggle to compete with the Japanese and Korean manufacturers. How did you decide that they are on the same pedestal as Mercedes when it comes to performance?

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by kingreign(m): 8:05am On Oct 08, 2017
Kingkamal:
Peugeot is not a reliable car I used three different 406 model. But when I changed to ford I realized that am wasting my money on Peugeot.

Thank God for seeing the light bruv

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by internationalman(m): 8:25am On Oct 08, 2017
kingreign:

Thank God for seeing the light bruv
American products are always reliable..

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by Abudu2000(m): 8:30am On Oct 08, 2017
Peugeot was the option when people had no otjer options to choose from..only god knows how Japanese manage to chase them into space...,they underestimated Toyota the same way Goliath underestimated david

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by RZArecta(m): 8:46am On Oct 08, 2017
edlion57:
I just wish der can modify Peugeot 504...I love that car...the body structure is different from other saloon cars
Modified 504 is the present 508
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vedaxcool(m): 8:47am On Oct 08, 2017
Kingkamal:

They are trying to be high end and always create electrical problems and silly idiocities at the end of the day.

Person wey live Mercedes go buy Peaugot say he wan buy high end car done create wahala for himself.

A 508 in my office has murdered 4 batteries and its turbo in just 2 years after its purchase- new. In addition it keeps killing its tires for no sensible reasons.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vertueptime: 9:37am On Oct 08, 2017
RZArecta:

Tru and its still crap, imagine buying a new 508 for 16m after 6-months - 1 yr it is valued at 5m, it has to be that we have lost confidence in them,any car that has advanced electronics like VW pugeout etc on average cars we simply cannot coupe, last good avg peugeout was 406, for vw ws golf 3
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vertueptime: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2017
Ommo see typo of peugeot, peugeout, puegeot, peugot lmao, even d name tire nigerians, pijo

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vertueptime: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2017
Toyota corrolla 2005 is more reliable than 407,607, 508 and many more

1 Like

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by RZArecta(m): 10:17am On Oct 08, 2017
vertueptime:

Tru and its still crap, imagine buying a new 508 for 16m after 6-months - 1 yr it is valued at 5m, it has to be that we have lost confidence in them,any car that has advanced electronics like VW pugeout etc on average cars we simply cannot coupe, last good avg peugeout was 406, for vw ws golf 3
bear in mind that cars are liabilities and not assets hence the depreciation in value even for high end products like Mercedes Benz. I have a friend who bought an "07 Jetta last December for 850,000 and right now someone offered him 200k for the car so I always advice people to buy what that like or what's functional for them
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by EazyMoh(m): 11:37am On Oct 08, 2017
But I like that 508 design.
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by aAK1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2017
the truth is, the brand was not made with illiterates in mind.(people who wont read and follow introductions) when i was about to get my 206 every one around me tried to discourage me and i almost fell for it. my saving grace was that i had made up my mind never to buy a Nigerian used car. what i had with me was 950k and it would not have gotten me any toks car. i eventually settled for a toks 206 and i must say its one of the best decisions i ever made. over a year now. the only thing i changed was an alternator.and oil seal.i have never had to crank her up more than ones and she is crazy fast for her size. my thermostat is intact and i service with only recommended grade of oil.
someone is begging to buy it for 750 but i wont sell. how is that for value?

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by edlion57(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
RZArecta:
just imagine modified 504 with dat body structure and well equipped interior
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by EagleScribes: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
Please are we going to see DATSUN again? sad

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vertueptime: 2:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
RZArecta:
bear in mind that cars are liabilities and not assets hence the depreciation in value even for high end products like Mercedes Benz. I have a friend who bought an "07 Jetta last December for 850,000 and right now someone offered him 200k for the car so I always advice people to buy what that like or what's functional for them

Ur classification depends on what u use d car for, if its for lifestyle then its a liability , if it gets u money then an asset, but some cars appreciate, like some honda and toyota as we saw in the last 2 yrs,some dnt have good second hand value, it all depends on what u need ur car for
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by vertueptime: 2:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
aAK1:
the truth is, the brand was not made with illiterates in mind.(people who wont read and follow introductions) when i was about to get my 206 every one around me tried to discourage me and i almost fell for it. my saving grace was that i had made up my mind never to buy a Nigerian used car. what i had with me was 950k and it would not have gotten me any toks car. i eventually settled for a toks 206 and i must say its one of the best decisions i ever made. over a year now. the only thing i changed was an alternator.and oil seal.i have never had to crank her up more than ones and she is crazy fast for her size. my thermostat is intact and i service with only recommended grade of oil.
someone is begging to buy it for 750 but i wont sell. how is that for value?

U are lucky
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by RZArecta(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
vertueptime:

Ur classification depends on what u use d car for, if its for lifestyle then its a liability , if it gets u money then an asset, but some cars appreciate, like some honda and toyota as we saw in the last 2 yrs,some dnt have good second hand value, it all depends on what u need ur car for
we don comot from motor enter accounting undecided you're talking about depreciating assets here but even our favorite Hondas' and Toyotas can't be sold at a higher price than originally purchased. You're right, if one is looking for good second or third hand value then go for Japanese models, some others don't really care at all, they see a car they like and bam they go for it after all, we've only got one life to live, why not tell a sweet story ?
Re: Peugeot Inching Back Into The US Market by MICHEALADEX(m): 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2017
Glaxx:

**Edited**

Cutting plastics into shapes...abi

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Important Rules To Know When Driving At High Speed / Hyundai Motor Unveils Future Design Direction At Geneva Motor Show / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.