Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes (554 Views)

How Christians Can Make Their Tithes And Offerings Bring The Desired Results / Daddy Freeze And His Free The Sheeple Movement Against Pastors & Tithers / Man Dumps Church For Praising Highest Tithers In The Last 3 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by sinorte: 7:29am On Oct 08, 2017
I'm just being curious here. Why ask tithers to come to the altar when the tithe basket could as well be passed around? If I happen to have paid my tithe into the church account and I refuse to go out when tithers are called, would that amount to sin or disobedience?

Christian scholars over to you please.

OAM4J
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by akinade28(f): 7:32am On Oct 08, 2017
They are forcing you to be cheerful ni, cos God loves a cheerful giver grin
Even when d giving is not coming from your heart. You have the chance to dance away your sorrow

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by OtemSapien: 7:33am On Oct 08, 2017
They have to dance away their money na.
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by whitebeard(m): 7:36am On Oct 08, 2017
Op pls use "some churches" cause we don't do so in ma church..!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Samsimple(m): 7:38am On Oct 08, 2017
A church is not a gathering for sorrowful people
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by sinorte: 7:55am On Oct 08, 2017
whitebeard:
Op pls use "some churches" cause we don't do so in ma church..!!

So what's the practice like in your own Church?
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by MhizzAJ(f): 8:01am On Oct 08, 2017
They pass the tithe basket around in my church..we don't dance to the front of the altar.
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by adelee777: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2017
to promote hypocrisy.
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by truth4u: 8:13am On Oct 08, 2017
A deadly scheme to shame those who did not bring their tithe.... There is always one scheme or the other to shame those who are not forthcoming in every church

Even one Redeem church made sign board on the pulpit " Are you robbing God of your tithe?".... Modern church is not far from organised crime.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
MhizzAJ:
They pass the tithe basket around in my church..we don't dance to the front of the altar.
Babe...
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by MhizzAJ(f): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Babe...

Wassup

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Wassup
OK, you ?
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by MhizzAJ(f): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

OK, you ?
Am fine
Where ve u been?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Am fine
Where ve u been?
Around, you didn't ask of me na angry
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by MhizzAJ(f): 9:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
Oluwasaeon:

Around, you didn't ask of me na angry

Am sorry kiss

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Oluwasaeon(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2017
MhizzAJ:

Am sorry kiss
OK
Re: Why Do Churches Ask Tithers To Dance Forward To The Altar And Pay Their Tithes by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 08, 2017
sinorte:
I'm just being curious here. Why ask tithers to come to the altar when the tithe basket could as well be passed around? If I happen to have paid my tithe into the church account and I refuse to go out when tithers are called, would that amount to sin or disobedience?

Christian scholars over to you please.

OAM4J
Probably the Assemblies you visited. Many churches don't do that anymore. In fact no more tithe cards just envelopes that's all

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify A False Prophet And Teacher / Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing / For Catholics In Need Of Our Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.