Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing (555 Views)

Indoctrination As A Mechanism Of Psychological Manipulation In Religion / A New Way Of Indoctrination, And Pathway To Immorality (parent Beware) / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2018
Trust me, I should know better.

They catch you very young in my case as a 19 Year old university of Ibadan undergraduate, and then they indoctrinate to the point that you become another minion unable to think for yourself and almost incapable of independent thought. They immerse you into nonstop activity and all types of religious programmes and ensure your allegiance to the overseer. You begin to see people like Kumuyi and Adeboye as gods ,and hold them in dread, their word is final and total, no argument.

It is very difficult to leave these groups because of the fear they have built into your mind and most of the rubbish they preach becomes a part and parcel of your makeup.

They encourage shaming when you fall into minor errors such as missing church attendance or not paying tithes and enforce full control of your life from adolescence to the grave if you let them, and that includes your family when you get married. They will drain you emotionally, financially, spiritually and intellectually, leaving you totally subservient to them for relevance and value.

In my case, the first step for deliverance was to start questioning and trust me questioning is very very dangerous to these cults, they hate it. Eventually, one question leads to another question, until a whole can of worms is open, and you then see the rotten stench of false religion and pagan belief you had wasted your youth serving. It really makes you angry and bitter to see that you were suckered by these parasites. These false pastors and wicked men of 'god' deserve a completely gloves off approach in the fight against their falsehoods, fakery, and voodoo.

So let us not be harsh with others who are still in brainwashed mode, with time, the seeds we have sown will germinate into a great harvest and until false religion is defeated completely.

cool

1 Like

Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by EmperorHarry: 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2018
Hmmm the first deist I've seen on NL
Nice one wink

1 Like

Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by elantraceey(f): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2018
Religion have really dealt with you
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by sylvez(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2018
ah feel your pain
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 03, 2018
elantraceey:
Religion have really dealt with you

CHRISTIANITY to be precise! - wink
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by elantraceey(f): 7:53pm On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:

CHRISTIANITY to be precise! - wink

lol.... I'm curious, what was your turning point?
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by Agboki: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2018
sad sad sad
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 03, 2018
frosbel2:
Trust me, I should know better.

They catch you very young in my case as a 19 Year old university of Ibadan undergraduate, and then they indoctrinate to the point that you become another minion unable to think for yourself and almost incapable of independent thought. They immerse you into nonstop activity and all types of religious programmes and ensure your allegiance to the overseer. You begin to see people like Kumuyi and Adeboye as gods ,and hold them in dread, their word is final and total, no argument.

It is very difficult to leave these groups because of the fear they have built into your mind and most of the rubbish they preach becomes a part and parcel of your makeup.

They encourage shaming when you fall into minor errors such as missing church attendance or not paying tithes and enforce full control of your life from adolescence to the grave if you let them, and that includes your family when you get married. They will drain you emotionally, financially, spiritually and intellectually, leaving you totally subservient to them for relevance and value.

In my case, the first step for deliverance was to start questioning and trust me questioning is very very dangerous to these cults, they hate it. Eventually, one question leads to another question, until a whole can of worms is open, and you then see the rotten stench of false religion and pagan belief you had wasted your youth serving. It really makes you angry and bitter to see that you were suckered by these parasites. These false pastors and wicked men of 'god' deserve a completely gloves off approach in the fight against their falsehoods, fakery, and voodoo.

So let us not be harsh with others who are still in brainwashed mode, with time, the seeds we have sown will germinate into a great harvest and until false religion is defeated completely.

cool

In all your analysis why center on the church? What has Oyedepo and Adeboye got to do with your analysis.?
If you want to make a point why not go straight instead of using names?
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 03, 2018
elantraceey:

lol.... I'm curious, what was your turning point?

I started questioning the Tithe after reading a few articles and asked my Pastor about my findings and he stood on the church doctrine of Tithes. I was even more surprised to discover after extensive research that the doctrine of eternal hellfire and even the hellfire after death was a MYTH and total fabrication. Then it dawned on me that to continue to attend church will make me a hypocrite as I no longer believed in their infallibility.
Re: Do Not Underestimate The Effects Of Religion Indoctrination And Brainwashing by noblefrank31(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Why I Think Daddy Freeze Is Right About Nigerian Churches. / Question To Daddy Freeze About Female Dressing / "If You're Wearing Trouser, Or Not Covering Your Hair; Leave Now",.... Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.