Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,145 members, 7,818,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan (32984 Views)

Julius Odupitan Who Was Called To Bar At 76 Buried In Lagos (pic) / Why We Shutdown Shoprite Stores In Nigeria - Workers / Wells Carlton Hotel Sacks 200 Workers, Shutdown Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by twentyk(m): 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
Maka y na.....den want make bro Julius dey beg ni...abeg no sack our bred winner ooo or else na garri we go dey win henceforth
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Alfredody: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
hmm I can perceive it

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by kayjee101: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
I don't blame her, she can leave me if she likes after all she is not the cause of my miserablism. I will not drink again I swear. Sobsing
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Keballl: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
GavelSlam:
A rumour made front page? shocked

Seun.

Don't make Nairaland Rumourland.

At least get some solid confirmation.

Where were you when damaging Twitter speculations were hitting the FP consistently over 5 years ago.

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Venica(f): 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
what is happening ?why is everything falling apart in this country ??

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by africvibe: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
THAT KIND TIN
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by malware: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
I hate company work
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by free2ryhme: 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
I just got information from a reliable source in Julius berger that they have shut down their site at the Lagos-Ibadan express road since last week friday, and have rendered more than 400 people jobless. I heard this is as a result of delays on the payment of the agreed contract fees for work already done, and its obviously evident that at the moment the Fg doesnt have the required funding for the continuation of the project.

The Fulani thieves have no value for roads

They shld released funds for that road

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Akpan107(m): 5:39pm On Oct 09, 2017
And We just lost 9 trillion Naira under this failed government.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by maxiuc(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
When Fashola was shouting that the Senate reduced the budget for the finance of the road despite huge debt owed the contractors by the past administration which his ministry has to pay, the same anti progress Nigerians were happy because it's against this administration, but they never knew that is coming back to hunt the masses.
Monies owed the contractors by GEJ government was the first thing they were settling before the Senathieves reduced the budget for nonsense constituency allowance.
keep blaming pass government
Two years spent
Pls sir play your brain stop pulsing it not good for reasoning

8 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Lomprico2: 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
25 billion for the accantioooooh!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by baddosky1: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Rhesusmonkey:
I just got information from a reliable source in Julius berger that they have shut down their site at the Lagos-Ibadan express road since last week friday, and have rendered more than 400 people jobless. I heard this is as a result of delays on the payment of the agreed contract fees for work already done, and its obviously evident that at the moment the Fg doesnt have the required funding for the continuation of the project.

Hahahahahaha! GEJ approved and signed the payment for that road. The phase which GEJ paid for has been done. Now the buhari led administration cannot pay for the remaining work to be completed. The truth done dey comot small small!

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Buhari Don kill person

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by woodmood: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
When Fashola was shouting that the Senate reduced the budget for the finance of the road despite huge debt owed the contractors by the past administration which his ministry has to pay, the same anti progress Nigerians were happy because it's against this administration, but they never knew that is coming back to hunt the masses.
Monies owed the contractors by GEJ government was the first thing they were settling before the Senathieves reduced the budget for nonsense constituency allowance.

Good comment.
As a people, we are used to dealing with our eczema rather than tackling our leprosy. On line analysts and bedroom activists couldn't say much when Fasola was shouting. In actual fact, some were hoping that he failed.

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
Nigeria is..............finished under Jubrim grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by morereb10: 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2017
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Pavarottii(m): 5:51pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
At least work didn't stop in d last administration on d road. So the bulk falls on this fg to fix d prob.

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by fatboislim(m): 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
Tomorrow they will be labelled miscreants. APC has nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by mmsen: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
Sai Baba...
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by woodmood: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
dondo83:
Nairaland is loosing its credibility, how can such a post make front page with no source?? just hearsay ?? The 100billion sukkuk loan given to the mister last week is for which project??

100 billion has been divided into 6 places meaning 16.6 billion for each region. Lag-Ibd road is not amongst the project from SW to benefit from the money. The most prominent road is the Oyo- ogbomoso exp. road.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
You.made sense until you named GEJ . 2017 make the man rest abeg

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
Julius Begger is loosing their credibility every minute. CCECC are getting ready to take over.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Drversatile: 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2017
N100b was given to Fashola last week for these roads.
*I told who ever cares to know that the money is for 2019 campaign*

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by erico2k2(m): 5:56pm On Oct 09, 2017
woodmood:

Good comment.
As a people, we are used to dealing with our eczema rather than tackling our leprosy. On line analysts and bedroom activists couldn't say much when Fasola was shouting. In actual fact, some were hoping that he failed.
Ask that guy if work stop during the last FG on that rd
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by okewumi: 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2017
RCC had suspended Sagamu to Ibadan almost seven months ago, now Julius Berger suspended Lagos to Sagamu.
Jonathan started the project, Jubrin suspended it. grin This APC government is hell on earth

6 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Jabia(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Gaybu:
more to go soon.
Zenith ban gan is currently in trouble

Can you please explain, with proof? Got a couple of friends with funds there
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by rozayx5(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2017
okewumi:
RCC had suspended Sagamu to Ibadan almost seven months ago, now Julius Berger suspended Lagos to Sagamu.
Jonathan started the project, Jubrin suspended it. grin This APC government is hell on earth

issa bad thang

undecided undecided
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
Am I the only one that wonder how these workers would be able to feed their families whenever a disaster like this happen?

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by mayoor15(m): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
Quality20:
if true then I don't think they shd shut down work cos gov is a continuum and besides we still av abt two yrs to go in ds buhari administration. J B is actually a big coy so why can't they finish up everything n come to d tables for payments?
Nice one, when you start your own business baba, dey run am like that, our useless senators that reduced the budget for the road from 40b to 10 or 20bn dem no dey collect salary and allowances ? When fashola were shouting, Nigerians called him names, now JB stopped work and now its JB or fashola's fault.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by kenchizzy(m): 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
;DWe will create 700thousand jobs $saibaba2019$ i feel like listening to APC achievement on every radio station #whereisngige# the minister of self employement.
Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by Keballl: 6:08pm On Oct 09, 2017
brainpulse:
I believe when loan from the sukuk bond is implement, work will start fully again.

Find below major 25 roads the Sukuk loan will fund

You are indeed brain dead. Over two years into this failed government you are still blaming past administrators.

Go for a new brain transplant.

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Rumored To Have Sacked 400 Workers, Shutdown Work On Lagos-Ibadan by woodmood: 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Ask that guy if work stop during the last FG on that rd

If you are familiar with that road, you will know that work is always commencing and stopping on that road. There was a time obasanjo's image on a billboard was there. Aside that, if work did not stop under Jonathan's, how come the road was not completed in 6 yrs?
I am more than familiar with that road.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is My Boss Diabolic Or Am I Just Being Superstitious? / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) / I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.