Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds (2963 Views)

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by mabell: 11:56am On Mar 09, 2010
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor of Christ Embassy Church aka Believers LoveWorld Inc raises funds for the children and helpless in Haita.

Pastor Chris held a concert on sunday 7th of March 2010 for the children of Haiti who became orphans at the demise of their parents and loved ones. Pastor Chris, due to his compassion for children has helped many world over through the INNERCITY MISSIONS of Christ Embassy where children hawkers, homeless kids, the motherless and those left on the streets to suffer were brought in, washed, clothed and given new homes. He went as far as giving them scholarships to schools and colleges and some were also taught how to be self productive.

Now, after the HAITI earthquake, Pastor Chris was moved with the same compassion for the victims and in his bid to help them organised a worldwide crusade for all the Christ Embassy Churches as well as Campus Fellowships just to raise money to send to the country of HAITI. What a LOVE!
On sunday all the churches hooked up, not just to sing and enjoy the presentations at the concert but to give their own part for the relief. It was a glorious event. Apart from the funds being raised for them we are reaching them with the gospel of Jesus. They will get born again and filled with the spirit, they would have a reason to smile again.

In Pastor Chris' own words, "our interest is not in Chile(the country with an 8.0 earthquake) but in Haiti (a 7.0 earthquake) because Haiti is one of the poorest nations of the earth and with this magnitude of earthquake, it is a catastrohy.
A lot of money was raised from this concert, I won't be surprised if Pastor Chris gives 1 billion dollars
Haiti will live again, Haiti will rise again, The children will be given hope again, They will be given a future again[b][/b]
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by GODSON2009(m): 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
this is a positive response even though i believe pastor chris and christ embassy should have been one of the first to elp out considering their status as a world re nowned church.
on a wider note,i have to admit it has been dissappointing the response of churches in nigeria and we call ourselves christians
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Iwuugwu: 12:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
Dear All

MTN is doing a promo. Send 720 to 131, if u have upto 500 airtime. To receive unlimited free airtime up to N15,000.00 free airtime in less than two hours. I just receive free credit now N5000 in less than 2 Hours.

Kindly inform me once u did that by sending me Your phone number and name to receive the next step. send it to my email esu_johnn@yahoo.com. THIS IS VERY REAL.

Regards

John
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Ganjaseed: 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2010
@Mabel.

The way you are advertising Pastor Chris is something else. Not only Christ embassy has done a thing like this even non christian organisation have done it long b4 now. I will not give him Kudos for this because it is even too late for the response, those kids could have been dead by now if not for quick response of others who really cares and acted fast. He mobilised people to give towards Haiti, another style of fraud. brows through the internet and see how many people have given their personal money to assist the victims. T.B Joshua have long done it when those people needed assistance.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 09, 2010
Mabel&Godson.D only religion dat teaches love is christianity.Redeemed,Joshua now CEC.How many mosque has donated to Jos victims? Not to talk of Haiti
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Mabel&Godson.D only religion dat teaches love is christianity.Redeemed,Joshua now CEC.How many mosque has donated to Jos victims? Not to talk of Haiti
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nimshi: 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Chris should do the same for the orphans in Nigeria.

And also for the very poor who attend his crusades.

Charity, eh, begins at home.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by ogajim(m): 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
mabell:

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor of Christ Embassy Church aka Believers LoveWorld Inc
raises funds for the children and helpless in [b][color=#000099]Haita

I had no idea that CEC was an INCORPORATED business and mabell was kind enough to point that out.

I thought those tactics were only used in the UK to keep the Charity commission out of their business dealings!

Na wa for waec,
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by nuella2(f): 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
This is great news. May God bless as many people that gave towards this mission.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Zikkyy(m): 4:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
Not at a time some other relief organisations are in the process of pulling out. You guys must be going there for the business  grin The fund will probably be used to set up branch offices ooops, church structures  grin
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by maddock(m): 9:14pm On Mar 09, 2010
So many confused people here, just because evrybody is rushing to haiti does not imply Pastor Chris also rushing there too. Everytin has its timing and sequence, Pastor Chris is not duty bound to give to haiti but what would have mattered is the fact that he gave and not when he gave. How many of you opening your wide mouth have deemed it fit to give?
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Image123(m): 11:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
I wouldn't be surprised if pastor Chris gives 1 billion dollars.
Hahaha, is that A joke or what?
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by pmartins: 5:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
Ganjaseed:

@Mabel.

The way you are advertising Pastor Chris is something else. Not only Christ embassy has done a thing like this even non christian organisation have done it long b4 now. I will not give him Kudos for this because it is even too late for the response, those kids could have been dead by now if not for quick response of others who really cares and acted fast. He mobilized people to give towards Haiti, another style of fraud. brows through the internet and see how many people have given their personal money to assist the victims. T.B Joshua have long done it when those people needed assistance.
everything has already been said, it is true T.B Joshua sent the Emmanuel TV team to Haiti. l saw it on net. the man is really trying but still people will still say bad things about him, what good are they expecting more than this from TB JOSHUA?l still give kudos to Chris oyakhilome because it is not a easy task but with God all things are possible.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Kay17: 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2010
at least he acknowledges that his prayers don't work! besides why didn't God stop it?
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by hubreality(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2010
Love is expressed not explained. I thank God for impressing His love on so many peoples heart across the globe to show love in giving for relief in Haiti. CEC Haiti love walk is quite loaded with all benefits in Christ Jesus. To God be the glory!

LOVE RULES!!!
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Azibalua(f): 9:04am On Mar 17, 2010
This is great, scripture says not to forget the poor.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by lambano247(m): 3:13pm On Mar 25, 2010
Men of God like pastor chris is just to 2inspiring, i love him so much. Pastor thanks for d concert,  Hope 4 Haiti,
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2010
In my church they did not need to raise funds, we just came on sunday and saw the highlights of the visit to Jos and Haiti. Church is meant to use funds for charity not scam people all over again in the name of Haiti
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 25, 2010
aisha2:

In my church they did not need to raise funds, we just came on sunday and saw the highlights of the visit to Jos and Haiti. Church is meant to use funds for charity not scam people all over again in the name of Haiti
No one can believe a muslim who claims to attend a church
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by mabell: 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2010
aisha2:

toba:

i was begining to wonder at the same thing
@aisha, are you really a xtian?
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 25, 2010
mabell:

i was begining to wonder at the same thing
@aisha, are you really a xtian?

Ignorance is really a disease, as the Bible says My people perish for lack of Knowledge. Am sure you also think that evryone from the North is Hausa and a moslem.
I will not dignify your blaring Ignorance with an answer, use your brain to think ;I forgot you have no ability to think, the only thing in your brain is what pastor Chris puts in there
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 25, 2010
aisha2:

Ignorance is really a disease, as the Bible says My people perish for lack of Knowledge. Am sure you also think that evryone from the North is Hausa and a moslem.
I will not dignify your blaring Ignorance with an answer, use your brain to think ;I forgot you have no ability to think, the only thing in your brain is what pastor Chris puts in there
This is not a nice response.If trully u re a xtian emulate Jesus by not being insultive
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 1:00am On Mar 26, 2010
[size=14pt]"Take Heed that You do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your FATHER in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, i say to you, thay have their reward.
But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your FATHER who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly"- Matthew 6:1-4

CEC, T.B Joshua and Esteemed Followers, these are the words of Jesus Christ you believe in. Is there any other meaning to this? Judge Yourself.[/size]
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 1:27am On Mar 26, 2010
toba:

And this was nice and not insultive abi? Calling me a Moslem Claiming to be a christain, calling me a liar and pretender is nice and not insultive.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by ogajim(m): 2:04am On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2, You can tell these bunch have been too brainwashed to think rationally or use their God given ability to discern. If " pastor Chris" didn't say it, they ain't doing it. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Enigma(m): 2:10am On Mar 26, 2010
I have noticed that some of the insults thrown by some of the CEC folk here go beyond just heated exchanges as we sometimes have. For example I saw one of them (a newbie on nairaland in fairness, at least as far as I know) abuse someone as "oloshi alakori" and not in jest as gutter language can sometimes be excused!
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by richjohn1(m): 10:46am On Mar 26, 2010
@Aisha
Please ignore mabell and toba
Mabell is either a brainwashed CEC member or a collector of tithes offering and first fruits
Toba is a fearful and hyper-active defender of xtianity He really needs to have his brain examined  grin
@Enigma
What do you expect from a pathetically brain-washed set of morons.
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 26, 2010
rich_john:

@Aisha
Please ignore mabell and toba
Mabell is either a brainwashed CEC member or a collector of tithes offering and first fruits
Toba is a fearful and hyper-active defender of xtianity He really needs to have his brain examined grin
@Enigma
What do you expect from a pathetically brain-washed set of morons.
Thanks Jor. They are not even facing the issue. My church believes a lot in accountablity. Each year members come and finacial records are read and expenses are voted on:
Pastors welfare: 25%
Welfare (Schoolarships, Widows, OVCs ): 30%
Mission: 15%
Church Maintainace: 10%
Miscllenous: 105

i believe peoples faith will be stronger where there is finacial accountablity
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by ogajim(m): 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2, What Church do you belong to? It doesn't sound like a Nigerian Church from the way they actually break the numbers down as shown. Most of them would just tell you the receipts and expenditure with no break down and tell you to "trust" them, LOL
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by mabell: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2010
aisha2:

aisha2:

Thanks Jor. They are not even facing the issue. My church believes a lot in accountablity. Each year members come and finacial records are read and expenses are voted on:
Pastors welfare: 25%
Welfare (Schoolarships, Widows, OVCs ): 30%
Mission: 15%
Church Maintainace: 10%
Miscllenous: 105

i believe peoples faith will be stronger where there is finacial accountablity

ah! what are you doing to yourself
so you are dancing to what tune now?
im so sure you are feeling on top of the world right now that your church is being accountable
why are you like this
who mentored you
who sent you to do what you just did
since your conscience allowed you, fine
but think about the decisions you make on a daily basis
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE PUBLIC?
now they clap and applaude for what you just did
and you dance
AISHA! AISHA!!AISHA!!!
WHY NOT ALLOW YOUR PASTOR DO THE PUBLIC STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT HIMSELF
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 26, 2010
ogajim:

aisha2, What Church do you belong to? It doesn't sound like a Nigerian Church from the way they actually break the numbers down as shown. Most of them would just tell you the receipts and expenditure with no break down and tell you to "trust" them, LOL
Its a Nigerian church oh. And each year communcant members will vote on the budget before it is passed. Every sunday how much was raised the previous week is annouced. One of the first Churches in Nigeria
Re: Haiti Relief: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Raises Funds by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
mabell:

ah! what are you doing to yourself
so you are dancing to what tune now?
im so sure you are feeling on top of the world right now that your church is being accountable
why are you like this
who mentored you
who sent you to do what you just did
since your conscience allowed you, fine
but think about the decisions you make on a daily basis
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE PUBLIC?
now they clap and applaude for what you just did
and you dance
AISHA! AISHA!!AISHA!!!
WHY NOT ALLOW YOUR PASTOR DO THE PUBLIC STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT HIMSELF

Ok Mabell, now i can certify you delusional. You ve lost it gal. Who mentored me? Who sent me to do this? Why am i like what?
Still too shocked to type, this girl has lost her ability to reason.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solomon: Was King Solomon Really A Wise Man Or A Foolish Man? / The Last Assault To Rescue The Bride For The Rapture - Dr. Augusto Maquengo / March 2013 Power Must Change Hands (pmch) Programme- My Star Must Shine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.