Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant - Travel (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (275220 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Adventures Of A UK Bound Nurse / The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (72) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nigeriadondie1: 4:24pm On Dec 31, 2017
desertboom:

Even the the thread you are quoting me is about a sojourn of a Nigerian professional that left. Can't you see?
If he was not good at what he does back home would a UK company have sponsored his VISA?

You still want me to reel out names when it's evident on this thread

We must say the truth first, Nigeria is ours.

We're merely existing and nothing rosy in Nigeria for a common man

Don’t waste your precious time with those people. The level of delusion afflicting them is chronic. Comments from them are so nauseating. One of them was deported from d US, so d level of frustration is understanding. The other one who ve not smelt Seme border not to talk of traveling out, confined only with her streets wud be blabbing about how Nigeria is heaven on earth but was recommending medical treatment abroad. Unless u re new on nairaland that is y u don’t know them.

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2017
BenNash:

Whenever I see your posts, I always feel pity for you. Something must have gone wrong somewhere in the course of your life, I can't really point my finger on it. But I'm pretty sure you fall under one of these categories-
1) You applied for a u.s visa or Canadian visa and you misrepresented documents thereby leading to a ban, or you don't just have the means or opportunity to leave this country. ( most people don't but you don't see them making dumb statements.)
2) You travelled out of the country at a point and got deported.
3) You are someone just looking for attention or popularity. You noticed how popular Pidgin2 is and you decided to follow her path.
The way you and pidgin2 are always on Nairaland, making disparaging comments about the u.s and the u.k shows how jobless you folks are. You can say you're a manager of this or that but it'll be so evident that you're lying. Someone serious with his/her life wouldn't make it his life duty to say the kind of silly things you guys say.
How would an educated person with a certain degree of intelligence say that there are more people suffering in u.k than in Nigeria. Do you see the kind of suffering that exists in Nigeria and other African countries??
The annoying thing is that you guys will defend your silly statements by listing the amount Americans pay in Taxes, or how Aba boys make millions every day. This kind of stupidity annoys me.

Why is it that anytime someone makes a case about Nigeria it eats you frustrated folks up so much, do you know how many people have been misguided by this "There's gold on the streets abroad syndrome"? How do you think people are led to places like Lybia in slavery, you are a very wicked person for trying to propagate this attitude

Ask yourself if we are so poor how we can constantly be online the way we are. For me I'm just doing my own part in my own way, how does this affect you? If one is blessed and hides his or her blessing of what good is that. Our message is simply "You can also make it in Nigeria" even with little or no connection, it's true.

If you don't like this message GTHOOH

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2017
i wonder why recruitment agencies have not developed an app for cover shifts...that will put so many people out of business...lol
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by bigtt76(f): 4:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
grin lets use Yopmail.com ...self destruct too if you want

wonlasewonimi:

t2525171@mvrht.net

send me an email here...it's a temporary email self destructing in 60 minutes.

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by wonlasewonimi: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
bigtt76:
grin lets use Yopmail.com ...self destruct too if you want

shakushaku@yopmail.com
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by bigtt76(f): 5:06pm On Dec 31, 2017
Done

wonlasewonimi:

shakushaku@yopmail.com
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by wildchild02: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2017
LMay:
Please make the move.

400k in Nigeria won't offer you the following:

Security of life & property
Good healthcare
Fast emergency response
Stable govt policies
Good education for your children
Good opportunities for your children.
A system that works
Steady retirement benefits (Forget the retirement packages you're servicing at work. Look around, how many of our senior citizens who were top civil servants or top professionals in their hay days are currently getting proper retirement benefits that can support them & fund their mgt of old age related diseases?)

Heck, earning N4m per month in Nigeria will not even offer you a good accident free road.

For my family & I, our relocation is not money motivated. That is only a plus. All we want is a stable environment in which basic amenities are what they're called, basic! We want to be well & alive to raise our children. As a couple, we want to be alive & well to enjoy each other into old age. We don't want to save up for one year to buy a car & have it snatched by robbers in less than 5 minutes.

400k per month is fantastic in Abuja and will guarantee you close to whatever you're getting in UK, and remember your 400k ain't stagnant, it will increase as you grow in the service. There's good road network in Abuja, good schools and hospitals also just to mention a few. The thing is most people always use Lagos as yardstick to compare Naija to abroad but the fact is people are actually doing well in other states too and won't have any reason to travel abroad.

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
wildchild02:

400k per month is fantastic in Abuja and will guarantee you close to whatever you're getting in UK, and remember your 400k ain't stagnant, it will increase as you grow in the service. There's good road network in Abuja, good schools and hospitals also just to mention a few. The thing is most people always use Lagos as yardstick to compare Naija to abroad but the fact is people are actually doing well in other states too and won't have any reason to travel abroad.

So why did the President stay away for almost 3 months if you have good hospitals.
Is his salary 300k/ month

16 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2017
Geetrix:

So why did the President stay away for almost 3 months if you have good hospitals.
Is his salary 300k/ month

He also flown his son to Germany.. I wonder why dem no carry am go those sophisticated hospital for Abuja

9 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by IYIMAN: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2017
maynia:

He also flown his son to Germany.. I wonder why dem no carry am go those sophisticated hospital for Abuja

Not yet. Still in the Abuja hospital.
Everyone is free to live wherever suits him/her. Nobody should try to convince anyone to do either. As for me, I can't wait to port and live a life, not just exist, having experienced both sides.

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Bossman(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2017
Click on my username and send me a mail, then I'll respond.

Toppytek:
@Bossman .. I'd like to dm you please
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by timesup234: 6:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
BenNash:

Whenever I see your posts, I always feel pity for you. Something must have gone wrong somewhere in the course of your life, I can't really point my finger on it. But I'm pretty sure you fall under one of these categories-
1) You applied for a u.s visa or Canadian visa and you misrepresented documents thereby leading to a ban, or you don't just have the means or opportunity to leave this country. ( most people don't but you don't see them making dumb statements.)
3) You are someone just looking for attention or popularity. You noticed how popular Pidgin2 is and you decided to follow her path.
The way you and pidgin2 are always on Nairaland, making disparaging comments about the u.s and the u.k shows how jobless you folks are. You can say you're a manager of this or that but it'll be so evident that you're lying. Someone serious with his/her life wouldn't make it his life duty to say the kind of silly things you guys say.
How would an educated person with a certain degree of intelligence say that there are more people suffering in u.k than in Nigeria. Do you see the kind of suffering that exists in Nigeria and other African countries??
The annoying thing is that you guys will defend your silly statements by listing the amount Americans pay in Taxes, or how Aba boys make millions every day. This kind of stupidity annoys me.
Ok sir. So show me any data that states just 10% of Americans can afford to buy a new car with cash. So in this case America is the death since most of her citizens are depressed and are likely to commit suicide in the new year, while we throw money away at party every weekend here in Nigeria
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Bossman(m): 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2017
Learning those languages is definitely a good idea. Cloud computing, especially with AWS is also very big. As mentioned already, you have to learn stuff that's difficult and quite challenging for a lot of people to do. Computer programming certainly meets that criteria. More importantly, learning those in-demand skillsets will separate you from the pack. In this field, learning new tech never ends.

stealthtiger:

Hello.
I just started programming using Python, JavaScript.
How lucrative are these languages in the UK.

And also I want to get started in Cloud computing using AWS, Azure. How do I go about it?

You're an IT guy in UK which means you're exposed to lots of modern technologies. I'll be happy if you can be a mentor to me.

PS: I'm a student of Unilag living in Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Bossman(m): 7:02pm On Dec 31, 2017
It's HUGE! Everything is hosted on the web. About 95% of the applications I have developed (at multiple big client here in Illinois), are all web based applications. Only exception was when I was developing webservices that interacted with other webservices and batch applications. So, web dev skills is certainly something you want to master.

stealthtiger:

How big or small is the demand for web dev.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Bossman(m): 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2017
Cars these days have several separate computer systems embedded in them. They are connected via some in-car network. My understanding that automotive programming itself is mostly based on C, C++ and even assembly.

Toppytek:

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to ilekokonit in my previous quotes..I don't know anything about IT for now but I'll like to focus on programming... Bossman should Know the kind of programming that is applicable to the Automotive industry(production, security, diagonising etc). Make una help me abeg.. I already have the basic knowledge of automotive mechanic thou.. I just want to be more advanced.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Bossman(m): 7:50pm On Dec 31, 2017
Notepad++ is my text editor so I'd recommend that. Textpad is also good. Of course, in a real development environment we use an integrated tool. Eclipse is the one I have used mostly.

tescoman90:

Please can u recommend a code editor for me

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by BenNash: 7:56pm On Dec 31, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why is it that anytime someone makes a case about Nigeria it eats you frustrated folks up so much, do you know how many people have been misguided by this "There's gold on the streets abroad syndrome"? How do you think people are led to places like Lybia in slavery, you are a very wicked person for trying to propagate this attitude

Ask yourself if we are so poor how we can constantly be online the way we are. For me I'm just doing my own part in my own way, how does this affect you? If one is blessed and hides his or her blessing of what good is that. Our message is simply "You can also make it in Nigeria" even with little or no connection, it's true.

If you don't like this message GTHOOH

Because there's no cause to make. And how's saying silly statements such as there are more poor people in the u.k than in Nigeria fighting for Nigeria's cause or most Americans are on the brink of suicide?

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Gerrard59(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2017
Mbok, the thread is by UKMIGRANT and his life as a migrant in the UK. Can the posters please allow the thread to be what it's meant?

If you want to relocate, do so. If otherwise, stay put. Everyone cannot be the same.(https://www.nairaland.com/4158866/living-uk-life-uk-immigrant (A thread for general living in the UK. This one is of UKMIGRANT, by UKMIGRANT and for UKMIGRANT). A kem!

@UKMigrant, Can you please update the thread more than it's now? It's your tardiness in updating that's constituting these wahala.

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by desertboom(m): 9:01pm On Dec 31, 2017
BenNash:

Because there's no cause to make. And how's saying silly statements such as there are more poor people in the u.k than in Nigeria fighting for Nigeria's cause or most Americans are on the brink of suicide?
Imagine saying there are poorer people in UK than Nigerian.
A civilized and a first world country with endless opportunity. Damn
Nigerians that are always very happy to buy fairly used items from Uk and US have suddenly turn richer.
I reside in Nigeria and there is no basis for comparism.

A Nigerian graduate who secure a 50k naira job per month will go to church for thanksgiving has suddenly turn richer.
A Nigerian will save for months and years just to buy a fairly used car and will celebrate as if it's a big achievement.

They make life too difficult and impossible for a hard working Nigerian child and one faceless will tell me Nigerians are having it good. Imagine lies upon lies

6 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Ralphlauren(m): 9:03pm On Dec 31, 2017
Gerrard59:
Mbok, the thread is by UKMIGRANT and his life as a migrant in the UK. Can the posters please allow the thread to be what it's meant?

If you want to relocate, do so. If otherwise, stay put. Everyone cannot be the same.

@UKMigrant, Can you please update the thread more than it's now? It's your tardiness in updating that's constituting these wahala.

You can’t stop others from commenting.

If he wanted to document his entire migrant story without contributions or opinions or comments (relevant or not ), then he should have gone to the DIARY section of nairaland and created his thread there.

That’s the essence of the DIARY section.

Anything else posted in any other section of nairaland cannot be restricted to a certain person or group of persons.

There will always be some degree of derailing in any thread. That’s the reality of a public forum like nairaland, so just get used to it.

All these unnecessary wailing from your likes will only lead to a mod locking up this thread. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ralphlauren:

You can’t stop others from commenting.

If he wanted to document his entire migrant story without contributions or opinions or comments (relevant or not ), then he should have gone to the DIARY section of nairaland and created his thread there.

That’s the essence of the DIARY section.

Anything else posted in any other section of nairaland cannot be restricted to a certain person or group of persons.

There will always be some degree of derailing in any thread. That’s the reality of a public forum like nairaland, so just get used to it.

All these unnecessary wailing from your likes will only lead to a mod locking up this thread. undecided
Gerrard59:

If you want to relocate, do so. If otherwise, stay put. Everyone cannot be the same.(https://www.nairaland.com/4158866/living-uk-life-uk-immigrant (A thread for general living in the UK. This one is of UKMIGRANT, by UKMIGRANT and for UKMIGRANT). A kem!

In fact, he should just use the notepad on his desktop and save it in my Documents so that nobody can comment on his diary

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by famzynet: 9:53pm On Dec 31, 2017
Talking about Nigeria,this country can kill talents. There is nothing to motivate one in Nigeria. Absolutely nothing. The system is crumbled and there is no light at the end of a Nigerian tunnel. I was actually one of those vibrant youths who thought that after graduation,I would impact in the society in ways that people abroad would envy us. Seven years has gone yet nothing,I have applied for work with no effect,I saved to start business and it went down the drain just like that ,and now I see that the only way a youth can be useful to Nigeria is to port out of this country. At least you will be mentioned as a Nigerian when you start performing wonders abroad. We are really cursed with bad leaders who have no interest in making this country great.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by BenNash: 10:07pm On Dec 31, 2017
desertboom:

Imagine saying there are poorer people in UK than Nigerian.
A civilized and a first world country with endless opportunity. Damn
Nigerians that are always very happy to buy fairly used items from Uk and US have suddenly turn richer.
I reside in Nigeria and there is no basis for comparism.

A Nigerian graduate who secure a 50k naira job per month will go to church for thanksgiving has suddenly turn richer.
A Nigerian will save for months and years just to buy a fairly used car and will celebrate as if it's a big achievement.

They make life too difficult and impossible for a hard working Nigerian child and one faceless will tell me Nigerians are having it good. Imagine lies upon lies
Seriously the thing is annoying. It's just like we aren't in the Nigeria together or haven't lived there sometime. If he was saying this next to me, I swear I'd have given him a benefitting slap.

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by imconfused(f): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Hi. Been reading this thread and I really like your input. Concerning your interest in IT, I will advise you to enrol for an ECDL class (European Computer(/ing) Drivers License, or so). It covers the basics of MS Office and would test you on what you’ve learned. This way you have your basics in check. Whether or not you want a career in Computing, this will give you an advantage at work. The Comptia trinity is meant for people that want to go in-depth into IT, it helps to have a passion for IT first.

A+ is for Computing architecture and covers knowledge of how to fix hardware problems (opening of your laptop/desktop and software/hardware diagnostics).

N+ is for basic networking. (It’s not as lucrative as it once was but the knowledge would still be good).

S+ Is for security (which is currently one of the most lucrative parts of Computing).

You must not learn a language, however having basic knowledge of one is good (it’s like a doctor having knowledge of first-aid application/procedure).

I hope this helps. Apologies for derailing the thread.

Thank you very much for this,very helpful.

2 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by imconfused(f): 11:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
chukxy:
In addition to the suggestions given to you so far, I want to suggest if you already have basic IT knowledge; then, the best is to go into App development with regards to medical field. I think this does not actually required too much mathematics.

You can be developing App for android or/and ios phones. For Android platform, you will need to learn Java programming language. For iOS, you will need to learn Objective C, swift etc. There are some online courses at Coursera that can bring you up to speed if you want.

The good thing about this, is that you can be developing interesting apps with regards to medical field, for instance App to monitor diabetes patients, monitor stroke patient ,diagnose some common diseases etc.

This will help you remain focused in your medical field.

Thank you so much for.your input,I have learned a lot.
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by imconfused(f): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2017
Ryannn:
Nice thread I must say, motivating much. Plz @ukmigrant, or @iamconfused.. What are the prospects of emergency medicine in UK? I keep hearing it's promising . Ur replies ll be much welcomed..

Emergency medicine needs people as they have very very serious staff shortages..The working hours and shift patterns are horrendous.They are begging for people ,jobs every corner.
You'll need to take plab first get registered and go from there.I believe the usual pathway is via core medical training then branch to emergency medicine?
Some also go the locum training way into consultancy,again I'm not sure about all these,when you come in there will be lots of people to guide you.

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by imconfused(f): 11:47pm On Dec 31, 2017
lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by wildchild02: 1:33am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy new year guys.
Op, Ghana babe never come back? grin

1 Like

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by MacZrino: 1:35am On Jan 01, 2018
Happy New Year guys
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by chukxy: 2:18am On Jan 01, 2018
imconfused:

Thank you so much for.your input,I have learned a lot.
You are most welcome
Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Lexusgs430: 5:00am On Jan 01, 2018
wildchild02:
Happy new year guys.
Op, Ghana babe never come back? grin

Wetin consign you? I think say you go drop this aproko bizness for 2017..............

4 Likes

Re: The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant by Nigeriadondie1: 1:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
BenNash:

Guy they are really annoying. U ve said it all and I can’t even say more.
The little fair thing about timesup is that at least he is not as raw and unrefined as the other who out of blind patroitism wud vomit insults on any who insults Nigeria.
Pidgin2 spends so much time on nairaland. The reason u ve not read any comment from her is because she is currently under ban. I guess with d ban, she would learn her lessons and learn not insult people just because they differ in their opinion from hers with is deluded, unrealistic devoid of sense or logic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (72) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.