Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever (33080 Views)

"My Sweet Mother" - Annie Idibia Shows Off Her Mother (photo) / Meaning Of 'Sweet Boys' Association Trend Explained By Twitter Users / Blackface Releases A 2014 Chat Of 2face Admitting To Stealing His Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by gbogboti: 8:39pm On Oct 22, 2017
Exempted:
So sad his son isn't taking after his step because he's scared the people that killed his father might come for his head.....

His son Nicholas is my friend. Grauduated from UniJos (biotech) 2014 together with his elder sister....

Sweetmother was a hit and still a hit till date....

Please contact me on 08176762510 for an important information. You might be the channel to reach his family. I have a good business proposition for them
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Talkwell: 8:44pm On Oct 22, 2017
Donjazzy12:

You should be ashamed of yourself! This is one of the things I have been saying. Most of the male youths we have in Nigeria are completely useless and totally worthless.
They don't read, they don't research all they do is live for pussy. Wasted generation! If na to dance one corner dance, na that one you go sabi.

There's a remix na,the guy has probably not heard the original.

You just de spark any how,like tilapia way comot water
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:50pm On Oct 22, 2017
kenex4ever:
Good musician, he spoke Igbo fluently in his song "christiana" I wonder why he didn't sing with Efik since he grew up there.

It's like his mother is Igbo?

He's Igbo. From Abakaliki.

I watched an interview he gave in the eighties (yeah, some elders are on NL grin) and I remember him being asked where he came from, and he said "Abakaliki".

Back then we thought he was a Cameroonian.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chukazu:

he didn't say "he sold more than the Beatles"

he said he "he sold more than the Beatles best seller"

that song in 2010 was voted the best song out of Africa by BBC LISTENERS

His death was covered on BBC. I heard about his death on BBC, not from a Nigerian station.

We forget out own so fast....... That song was all over Africa!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by otusnora(f): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

You are slightly silly. Did the voice in the song sound like that of a woman ?
kikikiki
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by benjanny(m): 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2017
One of the best african song so far.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by laudate: 9:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
sisipelebe:
I use to rock this song back then as a lil girl.
Bia, how old are you? I know you definitely can't be 21 years old. wink
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by laudate: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

I watched an interview he gave in the eighties (yeah, some elders are on NL grin) and I remember him being asked where he came from, and he said "Abakaliki".

Is 'Mbarga' an Abakaliki name? It sounds Cross River-ish to me, o!
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by FreshBoss007: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2017
Amajerry83:
How old are u? grin grin grin
older than you....
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by FreshBoss007: 10:04pm On Oct 22, 2017
KingTom:

A woman later re made all his songs. The original was done by a man, it's mostly the woman's version we hear these days. A Cameroonian I think she was his girlfriend or something. No mind those idiots attacking you for what they don't know grin
thanks bros for the enlightenment... unlike those hungry niggas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by yoged(m): 10:36pm On Oct 22, 2017
Still have some of his song on my phone.

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by MultiCEO1: 11:15pm On Oct 22, 2017
Codedrock:

You don't have to be rude.. And the voice actually kinda sound like a woman's. Too many women voice in it.

You must have been listening to the remix by his daughter. the original has no woman's voice.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by ndiboy01(m): 11:29pm On Oct 22, 2017
shadrach77:

You are slightly silly. Did the voice in the song sound like that of a woman ?

Ah ahn!!!!
Takam eazy naaaaaaa
No b fight
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by EmpressT(f): 11:58pm On Oct 22, 2017
Iya mi owon! I dedicate this lovely song to you, my woman of honour. Wow... Songs in the 90's and below are more incredible and meaningful compared to these indomie songs wey no go allow person rest...
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by 4FACEADELEKE(m): 12:23am On Oct 23, 2017
that man lives in my street and prince Nico's daughter Lilian is my Aunty's friend.born and bred in ikom.RIP Legend.

1 Like

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Emyogalanya: 1:26am On Oct 23, 2017
oshe11:
was copied by her....

forgotten her name tho
his sister
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by stanchemical(m): 2:57am On Oct 23, 2017
RIP
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by oshe11: 10:46am On Oct 23, 2017
Emyogalanya:
his sister

Wow! Never knew
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by khiaa(f): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2017
KingTom:

A woman later re made all his songs. The original was done by a man, it's mostly the woman's version we hear these days. A Cameroonian I think she was his girlfriend or something. No mind those idiots attacking you for what they don't know grin

My Sidepiece. smiley How have you been stranger?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by KingTom(m): 11:08am On Oct 23, 2017
khiaa:

My Sidepiece. smiley How have you been stranger?
I've been around the world and I I I. I can't find my baby I don't know why I don't know why cry
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by khiaa(f): 11:17am On Oct 23, 2017
KingTom:

I've been around the world and I I I. I can't find my baby I don't know why I don't know why cry

Lol grin Tears? Don't cry, (from the ET movie ) I'm right here, I'm right here. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by KingTom(m): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2017
khiaa:

Lol grin Tears? Don't cry, (from the ET movie ) I'm right here, I'm right here. grin
grin take me ta ta take me fill me with your poison. grin Katy Perry ET cheesy
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by khiaa(f): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2017
KingTom:

LMAO grin; grin You're so craaaaazy.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by stevedre: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2017
Chukazu:

he didn't say "he sold more than the Beatles"

he said he "he sold more than the Beatles best seller"

that song in 2010 was voted the best song out of Africa by BBC LISTENERS

Thanks for spraying "correction" insecticide on those Beatles oversabi insects grin �.
The op never said he sold more than the Beatles but they decided to make it look that way. Truth is, there have never been song that cut across the whole continent of Africa like sweet mother.
People should go on YouTube and read comments on this track, most are not from Nigerians/Cameroonians.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2017
KingTom:

Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2017
laudate:

Bia, how old are you? I know you definitely can't be 21 years old. wink
The back then can be in the late eighties, early nighties or late nineties. Nna I will woz you with my right leg o.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by KingTom(m): 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
khiaa:

LMAO grin; grin You're so craaaaazy.
grin no, you are grin
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kenex4ever(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
fashrola:

Ikom speaks a different language from Calabar people (Efik) .. Far different!!
ok
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by kenex4ever(m): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

lol, good to know sir
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by laudate: 10:39am On Oct 24, 2017
sisipelebe:
The back then can be in the late eighties, early nighties or late nineties. Nna I will woz you with my right leg o.
Why are you hiding your age, nah? Are you shy?
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2017
laudate:

Why are you hiding your age, nah? Are you shy?
I am not, but you never asked me my age... and the discussion wasnt based on age anyway.
Re: Prince Nico Mbarga Of "Sweet Mother", His Song Is One The Biggest Ever by Ojukwubucket(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
FreshBoss007:
I thought sweet mother was sang by a woman
the poster below me...
calm down... don't vent your frustration on my opinion
I think his daughter did a cover the song...maybe that's the voice u've been familiar with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alexreports, Wife Step Out For Regina Daniels Birthday Party (Pictures) / Who Rocked It Better? Denrele Or The Ladies? (PHOTO) / Wasiu Ayinde’s Daughter's Call To Bar Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.